Reaction Time Slows After Age 24

archive.is/qNV82
So it looks like there is a noticeable decline in your reaction time after you age past 24. Who here is approaching 25 and what will your new hobby be after you retire from gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/n3cAv
archive.is/SWKOc
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
medicaldaily.com/dna-sperm-ex-partners-lingers-female-flies-and-influences-genetics-her-offspring-305934
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sorry you're slow in the head

>Every video game requires

That explains a lot.

I thought I was just getting to lazy to even think.

I have Attention Deficit Disorder and still manage to play video games competitively.

Stop looking for excuses for why you can't just get good nerd.

Here's the actual study rather than just an article about it:
archive.is/n3cAv

I can't even imagine how worse I'm gonna get.

38 year old here. It absolutely does. I used to play a lot of rhythm games in the '00s like stepmania, o2jam, etc. and I had the depressing experience of watching my performance drop from 100% "excellent" at up to 13 notes per second (I was very good) even as I continued to practice. Even stepping up the time played per day I couldn't stop rolling backwards. It got to the point where I couldn't even read the notes beyond 11/s and I just quit.

Games like that where you are pushing almost pure peak reaction time are where you'll feel the effects of age the worst. You might not notice in other games as every year they require less of you. Anyway, you shouldn't be playing that much vidya past 25, get a wife and make some white children and enjoy vidya with them.

Well 24 is pretty much the age that your body starts dying at an accelerated speed so that makes sense. Good to know I've got about a year left of godly vidya prowess.

It's been 6 years since then

I'll retire the day i go blind, and btw, i still can play fighting games as fine as i did 10 years ago.
Surely my reflexes aren't the same but when you train an activity like hand eye coordination and reactions the decline will not be nowhere near the same as if you do with an activity that you never trained.

Say two people used to run 10 miles in one go 10 years ago but one did this every week and the other did it only once every 6 months, you can expect the weekly runner to be doing pretty much as fine as back then while the occasional runner will be doing much worse.

I guess it all makes sense now

Oh yeah also reminder Daigo Umehara is a 35 year old that was just a hair of winning the USF IV tournament against 28 year old Kazunoko who won the final match

Oh y-yeah.. I'm totally under 25 and not stuck here forever.

Mastering my noose tying.

Any tips of pushing past the whole "feeling extremely mediocre" phase? Currently pushing 30 and still having issues with conforming. Family keeps telling me to stop being a faggot and just marry already. Still not sure if I want that whole 'American Dream' thing with a wife, two point five kids, a dog and a minivan. Last GF, of 3 years, fucked off because I wouldn't commit.

Sage for blog posting.

Well shit. Augs when

The more you do something the better you get at it. Your peak potential will get worse with age, but nothing drastic. So, don't worry about it.

You should worry about your bones and mind. That'll be a fun day for you when you can't even stand up straight.

My reaction time has always been shit.

Didn't really go through that phase, just looked ahead and decided that I didn't want to be a 50 year old 20 year old so tried to move things forward. My wife was the more reluctant one actually, she's very afraid of change and would probably have turned into a cat lady were it not for me. I'd recommend looking ahead and planning how you want the various stages in your life to play out and realize that time has started moving very fast for you so you can't let yourself put things off or it'll be too late.

I'm 33 and still as good as I ever was, unless drinking. Fight me in GGX2AC+, faggot. Yeah, see what happens.

The problem is that people seem to think starting a family and becoming full part of the economy cycle until your retirement is a form of transcendence. For me that way of life has always sounded empty, being just a consumer whore, while i consider having a child is a bliss, i also think that there is nothing worth on it if you are just bringing more meat for this money hungry system. The problem in short is that we are devoid of purpose on this life.

How old is Mango and M2K?

Your argument is invalid.

Why would I retire from playing video games just because I suddenly suck at them?

I hear there's a hiring spot at kotaku for someone with your credentials.

Y-yeah, g-great idea…

It's just that op's argument doesn't make sense.
I wouldn't stop playing video games if I sucked at them. And I doubt anyone who likes video games would do the same. That doesn't mean I'd pick easy difficulty or something. It just means it would take more time for me to get good.

My reaction time may be slower, but my experience is better and grows, hence I've never been better at games than today.

I don't play shooters outside their single player campaigns, but a few weeks ago I played Quake 3 Arena at a "LAN party" type deal and having last played it 16 years ago on a Dreamcast, I was much better now and wiped the floor with everyone with the railgun.

t. 30

There are always going to be one in a billion exceptions. Doesn't mean that it isn't true in the vast majority of cases.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

THINK McFLY, THINK!!!

HOW OLD ARE PRO-MELEE PLAYERS?!

HOW OLD ARE PRO-STREET FIGHTER PLAYERS?!?!?

HOW OLD WAS BRUCE LEE?!?!?

HOW OLD IS BOB MUDEN?!?!?!

HOW OLD IS ISAO MACHII????!?!!

All you have to do is practice, nigger.

Watever

I'm just gonna work i guess.

exception only applies to /jp/ as fuck games because what the fuck are you doing

I know it's a joke, but competitive gaming that actually pays your salary and you have sponsors and shit hasn't been a thing for much longer than three, four years, and a lot of them are banking on social media celebrity/brand recognition.

Older gamers have already bankrolled their lives for the most part, hell, I'm an outlier at 30 for not having a wife and kids but I have a career for almost ten years now, it's not like people are going to drop that for making a stressful short career out of something they love.

I was a professional skier for a few years and it nearly made me quit the sport I loved because it made it feel like a job

I dont need reaction time to watch animes
I fucking hate videogames anyway.

I'm in my early 30s and my reaction speed is about the same as it always was, which was never fantastic but still better than average faggots.

What would be good to test this relatively easily not in-game? I get pretty good ranks at first tries in those "click when the light goes red" web tests and such.

Please, please, please, at least listen to a couple of programs of Tom Leykis before getting married.

Women are foul succubi user, I wouldn't touch one much less stick my dick in it and let my cum fester in to a little parasite.

God speed to any white male who can find a sane woman though.

This was my experience too.

COuld one thing be that while split-second reactions truly do become slower as a fact, the experience and coordination make up for it?

I fucking know I couldn't have beates Ys games when I was younger, not without serious issues.

What does Tom Leykis talk about?

the alimony

Nothing, he's dead.

They're all a bit crazy, but as long as you understand you're supposed to be the one in charge everything works out.

I've actually gotten better with age. I've looked at old demos I've recorded from old FPS and multiplayer footage and what I thought I did well in I do even better now. I pity those who never trained their body and mind and cannot continue beating plebs once they reach a certain age.

Oh, i thought i was shit i videogames for drinking since i was 15. Oh well, that explains a lot.

Then you get divorced and the crazy lady get your shit. Now you stuck playing vidya and misreable when you could jave just heen playing vidya

You really should've put more thought into your post, OP.

How you will be miserable the rest of your life.

gulping down bags of doritos and gallons of mountain dew every day until you can't leave the room and all you have left to do is vidya does not equal training your body and mind, user

Keep your MGTOW bullshit out of here.

I noticed that my reaction time in games sucked since I turned 16. But inversely I got better at puzzle and logic games. As I get older I find myself playing more VN's and point and click stuff.

I'll also say that the issue with fullchan (all boards) is that Holla Forumstier is the winning topic by default, just because people will start derailing threads with their autism over off-topic shit all the time with politics and lifestyle and shit like that.

Cuck/v/ was horrible to sieve through to get to the goods and here the quality is better, but I'm not entirely enthusiastic of going from

to

All happening under the guise of censorship and that tier being pushed out from cuckchan. The thing is, here you have your Holla Forums that's not complete shit I assume or overmoderated, so stop crossposting and bleeding over your shit every fucking thread, thanks.

hey buddy I think you got the wrong thread.

shitposting is two blocks down

Bitch, get in shape. Both by physically through some sport and vidya.
I'm 29 and I can beat Touhou PCB, IN and PFV on normal.

uh? all the kids are playing fucking mobas and casual as shit FPS's too, who cares?

all the stuff that requires godly reaction time isn't even played anymore at a competitive level besides maybe fighting games

yeah, I'd argue that as you age it just requires upkeep and more training, you can't just jump into something and dominate, you actually have to worry about practice rather than adapting really quickly

>tfw no reaction time

Who needs researched information when you have sensationalist articles?

Usually through something that gives a visual or audio stimulus for you to respond to, such as the "click when light comes on" that you've used or "click when you hear the beep" type things.
Obviously to measure any change you'd need results from the age you wish to start measuring from. So say, if you're 25 now do a few tests and get the average, then test for every year until, say, 30 and see if there's any significant change.

This is exactly why I refuse to marry, any approach to getting any female that I know to sign a pre-nup would only result in a tantrum on their part.
I've yet to find any (straight) woman that's bro-tier.

That's understandable. It must be hard to find any women from your mom's basement.

Damn sick burn my friend, time to post this screenshot on twitter and /r/Holla Forums

Shit, so I only have four more years to play rhythm games and bullet-hells?

Why would you shoot your screen?

Because im about to throw it out of a plane

Maybe I'm only living in my "moms" basement because the conniving cunt that I was living with took me for everything that I was worth you fucking retard.
Ever think that the reason some of us say the things we do is because we've experienced the absolute worst of humanity and most of them are female?

But what if there's a terrorist on that plane?

Thanks user, your approval means the world to me.

You sound rather upset.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?
I'm generally not an angry person and it takes a fucking lot to tip me over the edge, but that relationship left me feeling nothing but pure white hot rage for a long time. I guess I'm still somewhat touchy over it

Only got better at real time games as I aged into a 20+ crusty turd and gained 100ms delay mostly by realizing the best strategy for speed is memory

Don't care about winning, helps you play better while reducing your desire to play, win/win

Arino is actually pretty good and fast at times.
It's rare, but it happens.

DAIGO UMEHARA IS 30 FUCKING 5 YEARS OLD.
NEVER STOP WHAT YOU LOVE DOING JUST BECAUSE YOURE OLDER.

Mind and body, friend. There's no mind without a body and no body without a mind. Keep yourself fit, play vidya, read some books and I guarantee your life will be great.

if you wanna play rhythm games at 30, just do meth

The age that you can't play vidya is the age that brings Parkinson's disease to the table
or the age that you 'grow up'

I'm still good to go. But it's bullshit anyways.

25. I used to be able to just twitch shoot everything. Now I put more focus on movement.

archive.is/SWKOc

You're a retard.

I remember a female boxing champ who was happy she got into it early because she said the competition got crazy competitive as the sport picked up and she was never as good as people who would be the chumps of the new crop of fighters.

Sure you won't be playing muh rhythm games anymore, but if you've hit 25 without learning how to play an instrument that you enjoy, you need to reconsider the choices you've made in life rather than bitch about getting older.

Apart from rhythm games and a select amount of twitch shooters, what kind of game really requires the edge that 20ms will give you?

Lmao instruments are for dorks. I would point at you and laugh if i could.

Who cares as long as your own genes are continuing and you aren't raising your children to act like animals?

I don't have it on hand, but there was a different study that showed that there is a major difference between male and female reaction times. Women are always slower, but in their 30s or so things get really slow and continue to decline, but for men their reaction time stays about constant until their 50s.

So in other words, you can't trust this one study, based on a pretty slow game like Statecraft, that doesn't separate the men from the women.

Furthermore, I think that in a few decades, avid life long gamers will show higher thresholds for maintaining their reaction times and general cognitive ability versus any other generation before.

I had my dad try playing Dark Souls 3 the other day. He can get pretty good at Battlefield games but boy did he struggle to understand even the basic camera and character movement in Dark Souls. A t one point he just starts mashing buttons, and ended up two-handed shield bashing a Lothric Knight to death while it was almost off screen. I can garunteed you that none of us will ever be that bad at a video game when we are nearing 60.

Holla Forums cares, after all, if the kid ain't hwite, you didn't do it rite.

Only people who practice sports would care, and even then.

Why not a simple walk around town for a regular exercise routine? Sports are not fun and are for fags. A nice relaxing stroll through the park would be enough

Go back to your basement you useless nerd.

Came to the wrong imageboard, motherfucker

I unironically am enjoying practicing and even watching some sports way more than i did backk when video-games were fun

Besides, you don't need to be into sports to keep fit.
Get fucked.

To be honest I find walking more enjoyable than playing sports.
I don't mind the odd game of football or rugby but a decent walk is much more relaxing.
Usually I walk 4 miles every day.

I wish I had a basement. I need more space to store my useless shit and excess furniture.

Also why play sports, that's normalfag shit anyways.
What would you rather do, race with a bunch of fags in a swimming pool or find a tree next to a lake or river and make a rope swing and have tons of fun?

This happens to normalfags who don't play videogames

my reaction time is the same as it was, if not better.

It's the same as muscle elasticity. as long as you train your performance will stay the same until you're like 38, like that user. but definitely not 24.

lmao humans

I'm 31… I guess it's time to retire to visual novels, puzzle games, and building games…

Goodbye, FPS and RTS…

The fastest reaction time I've ever seen was a 64 year old woman who has worked on trains her entire life. She could press all the right buttons in a fucking instant. I am a bit sad that I didn't show her videogames.

I'm 5 yo and a pro Call of duty player. I am at my peak

TBS, bro.

nothing you fucking faggot, I still play fighters, yes I can't SRK on reaction like I used to but that's what cr.HP is for

faggot

Is there a reason why the 27th year crisis exists, most suicides happen around our age

I don't buy into this. How come those guitarists in their late 60's still kick ass at guitar? Though, i think the reflexes would only be bad for hardcore rhythm games.

and even then i don't see rhythm games being bad because after about 10 tries you end up memorizing the song and just going from there

user, you are a normalfag. Everybody on this board is a normalfag. By trying to be a special snowflake you just prove your insecurity with being a normalfag.

Last 2hu I could 1cc was UFO, 7 years ago.

My reaction time was never that good, but I've seen my reaction time fall from 250ms to 300ms, meaning I can't reliably death bomb.

That's about the only reaction based game I play though.

Continuing what I said. I vaguely remember scoring in the 220s some years ago.

Have fun guys

humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

the real reason is most people become wage slaves at that age and relinquish all their hobbies and dreams

You're right.
We need to raise children to carry on our vidya-playing ways.

Training can overcome a lot that time would try to erode.

If you're not training it, yeah.

Alright, the tan butt looks feminine enough to me.

see you all in 3 minutes

nice facebook frog, mind if I save it? :-)

Im 26 i think my reaction time is still as good as when i was 10

I'm 27, I've been a fat shit slob most of my life and started going to the gym a year ago. With my increasing physical fitness I've actually noticed my reaction time and coordination has improved dramatically. Not just in games too, sometimes I drop shit at work and do this fucking spiderman thing and catch it before it hits the ground, it's totally automatic and it's awesome.

I'm 41 and I can play vidya just fine. Stop acting like a faggot instead of blaming your age.

Sure thing gramps

My 24th birthday was less than a week ago

Considering the sort of games I play, reaction time is pretty meaningless to me. When it comes to turned based twitch gaming skills aren't going to do much good. For everything else I just do what I've always done, when skill fails me and I can't sidestep the issue by leveling up or getting better equipment I just use the old rope-a-dope method. I keep slamming my head into the obstacle until I develop muscle memory to overcome it.

Well guess I know when I'll be killing myself.

as if aging isn't unhappy enough, surely through fitness of mind and body i can maintain my reaction speeds

you know you can buy a lot more video games if you don't get married and have kids

gotcha beat

And yet Daigo still dominates. Reactions are only a small portion unless you're playing some shitty twitch unskilled garbage. If you're playing a competitive game with some actual depth like fighters, then your total knowledge base and ability to read people are much more important and both improve with age linearly.

I think the test results don't prove anything. Not that I read them, but I guess it's reaction speed on daily life stuff from average ppl.. you know, the people who don't play video games in the first place?

Gaymers in general already have very good reaction speed (unless you play chess), but I'd bet on daily stuff the reaction speed on youngsters comes from social activity / doing drugs / doing all sort of crazy stuff. So what I'm trying to say is that, between gamers, the difference is probably not as noticeable, as with some normalfags who "settle down" with their families and stop doing their A) crazy hobbies B) (unfortunately) stop vidya games.

maybe there's still some hope left in me

I kind have been feeling like shit lately. I can't play as well as I used to especially with arthritis, but I try to have fun. I have been able to beat ng+7 in DS3 which made me feel somewaht skilled again, but DS3 is not to hard to be honest outside of a few bosses.

Damn why do I get so high ping? What is this bad server lag?

AHAHA your so funny.

in case it wasn't a joke, i am pretty sure the application runs in-browser i mean you have only the lag that your monitor and then your mouse could add to the equation, which is quite a bit depending on the hardware as the website says.

How do you even improve your reaction time?

Practice, prediction skills.

it's because you're getting bored of actual videogames

don't know if this can be applied much to things other than rhythm games, but I find that in osu! I do much better if I view the cursor through my peripheral vision and focus my sight on the hitcircles. depending on what games you mean in particular, there's probably similar tricks

Perfectly average if the site is to be believed.

The average (median) reaction time is 215 milliseconds, according to the data collected so far.
O-oh.
I'm 21.

You can't be serious. Contra is easy.

i predict your every move you FILTHY MACHINE!

I'd rather have less situational awareness if it meant I could have more mechanical skill. It really sucks when you can see everything like a focused bird of prey, but your ability to aim and headshot shit is comparatively weaker.

HOLY SHIT! REALLY? MY GOD WHAT COULD THIS MEAN? WHAT IF WRINKLING IS LINKED TO AGE???? AM I GOING TO GET GREY HAIR WHEN I GET OLDER??? HELP!!

It'll happen to you too

22. I doubt I'll be playing much less vidja unless my pressures carnal and peer force me into a relationship.
I wanna dev, and if I dev, I want to make sure that I'm exposing myself to the wide inspirations I still enjoy.

How slow is the world?

22 here
I'm tired as fuck and I've yet to metabolize my coffee
I'll try again when I'm rested

I died a lot in Hotline Miami because my wrist would just lock up and I'd be stuck aiming at a wall like a retard. Still managed to finish it, though.
It's really a big deal. I'm just shit at RTS, rhythm games (I'm pretty good at Taiko though), FPS and fighters.
I haven't really noticed any difference with age, but if/when it happens, I doubt it'll make a massive difference to my performance.

*It's NOT really a big deal, I meant.

what are you, some kind of immortal wizard?

does age cure autism?

How do you get there while being the kind of people who come here? I don't think I am the only one who believed anons had a short lifespan

I'm going on 25, but I don't care.

I left vidya a year ago and joined the ranks of /fit/

I still play here and there though, just don't buy modern-shit

having muscles made of something other than doritos helps your reaction times nigga

This is why I've relegated all turn based games into my backlog until I'm around 50 years old. Every second I waste playing those games is one I will never get back to play fast paced games in my prime.

no
no

Just have a love of video games and a healthy disdain of normalfaggotry.
It's that simple.

My nigger. I've done the same thing with the sole exception of gookclicks (starcraft 2). I'll never stop playing vidya.

I'm 27, and I've noticed one thing. It's not decreasing reaction times or tiredness affecting my games, it's simply got to do with immersion.

No, not the kind of immersion where the graphics are so overblown that you can see the nose hairs of the guy you're stabbing, but how engaging the game is. I find games less engaging nowadays, either because I'm so used to them or because they're mostly just appealing to the lowest common denominator.

If I'm finding what I'm doing fun, I enter a flow state, and everything is just effortless. If I'm finding the game tedious, I end up outcome dependent and I don't do that amazing.

I remember I once played with a friend, doing all sorts of gimmicks in TF2. We weren't coordinating through voice, mostly just saying things through steam here and there, but it still baffles me how well we did. We would anticipate eachother's moves and work together bizarrely well.

Anyone experienced anything of the sort?

That feeling that can almost be described as "flow"? Yes many times, it means that every atom in your body was working for tha purpose, like the lag from yor brain to your limbs was completely gone, you're fucking Zen.

I can't quite control it at will but immersion and passion are definitely factors.

Yes,* and that*

fucking keybord

Games seemed to be a really easy way to get into flow, but nowadays they just don't seem to work. I'm looking into cutting down on online time to start other hobbies, since flow is really enjoyable, and it's even better if you can channel it into something that has tangible results, like drawing.

If anything, less contact with the game industry will be good, as there aren't enough diamonds in the rough to keep me happy the way things are going right now.

Pick one, I all against cucks and sluts, but it doesn't work like that, the sticking your dick part is more aking to that analogy than the geneseed itself.

And if studies performed on runners are any indication, some faculties actually improve with age if you continuously work on them. Marathon runners don't make their PR until they're middle aged, and consistently finish longer distance events than younger athletes who have had less time to mentally discipline themselves and just burn out faster.

I bet you a lot of the people who started on the original Doom would still be decent in games like Overwatch today provided they kept gaming on a regular basis for the last 20 years.

I feel you user…

I wasn't talking about a cunt, you fucking retard. I was talking about the gene pool. You are mixing your white genes with the piss and shit that is non-white genes.

Also:
medicaldaily.com/dna-sperm-ex-partners-lingers-female-flies-and-influences-genetics-her-offspring-305934

Shame it's easier said than done. It's hard to break habits, even moreso when they've been there for more than a decade.

sucks to be inbred, i guess

You're right, came into it without context, your analogy stands.

Fucking hell, I wish I had a cock's screw-dick, that shit is hellish and could explain a whole lot.

24 years old. Never was too much into the faster-paced genres though, so the score I got was actually better than I thought it would be.

I'm 23… I have a birthday in 4 months.
Reading this thread is making me feel really uncomfortable.

meh, not bad for almost being on the wrong side of 30

Don't fear change, user. You'll be fine.

I actually get some pretty bad screen tearing or something, is most noticeable (and worst) on 2d or platforming games. Maybe I've cleaned my monitor wrong with too much water, I don't know.. or the monitor just sucks ass. It's a AOC IPS monitor, model 2353

I noticed my reaction slowed 40-50ms when I tried with different comp which has same mouse, but different ergonomics + different monitor. I was hoping a "not terrible" monitor would help, but apparently ergonomics play huge role.

I hate this feeling. First person shooters made before 2005 now get me motion sick.

Did you play the original or did you play it with a source port? Source ports have better graphics / modern features like mouse aiming / can customize settings etc. Zdaemon is the one I've used but I'm not a doom player so I don't claim it to be the best.

original with dosbox*

I pulled it up using my original floppy discs and dosbox. Feels real bad considering once I showed her how to run and shoot she spent the entire first level making sure all the enemies died. I already knew that HL2 makes me motion sick but I assumed it was a source problem, and I did fix it by fucking with the FoV. It's just getting to the point where i'm getting old enough for motion sickness to really fuck with me.

the study is full of shit because old people probably had shit reaction even when they were young because they didn't train with video games.

Beyond human.

no hope left

Think positive. Not all games are twitch shooter. You could try playing some stradegy games, like Age of Empires 2, Civ 6, or Ashes of the Singularity

okay grandpa

feel when 256

Did I offend you?

Or you know, you could play some actually good strategy games

aoe 2 is god though

Isn't civ 6 good? I recall civ 2 being good, so unless they've majorly f'd up the series, I don't see why not?

And AotS is supposed to play like supreme commander 1, wasn't that a good stradegy game as well?

just turned 26. Probably too late to become the FPS sniper 1-man team prodigy of my dreams, if I ever had a chance. But I'll still create the tools to help those who want to improve.

kill me

tried again after switching to desktop and some instagib for warmup

Civ 6 isn't even out yet nigger.

I just recently turned 24, so I guess this is my peak.

keep in mind that your degree of focus/awakeness and having the right mindset makes a significant difference in your score.

You shouldn't be thinking "the screen will turn green and I'll press the mouse," but rather "I'll press the mouse and that'll turn the screen green," or better yet, "My finger muscle will go downward and the screen will get brighter"

touhou has virtually nothing to do with reaction time. Even with death bombing, it's a matter of realizing you're about to die and being ready to bomb before you even get hit.

I think it varies from person to person. I am only two years after the supposed decline period but I am still playing fighting games and doing fine.

YOU ARE THE FAGGOT THAT ALWAYS HEADSHOTS ME FUCK YOU

i'm 27, but i think being a /fit/ neet is really at fault

I headsh0t, An0n. It's whad I d0.

heh, p0wned.

wait a second, are any of you doing the human benchmark using CRTs??

Actually i've dedicated the past 7 years of my life working with a team of people to make human augmentation the future of medical science the next step for man is forced evolution since there is no god we might aswell play him

sure you are kiddo

This really depends more on your microswitches though. I find it really hard to click fast with this mouse.

Hi I'm 40 and what is this bullshit?

Also please explain to the airforce that they don't actually have the reaction time to actually fly their planes.

>inb4

Not even a 50ms reaction time can save you from your poor choices in OS

I'm trying to kill myself and I though windows 10 would help

At least on the bright side I'm playing more RPGs

Maybe you aren't looking in the right places. There's enough retro games to last you a lifetime and there's probably a lot of decent games from 2000-2008 or so that you haven't tried yet. People bring up some good gems in those iceberg and "games only you played" threads.

Once I get comfortable this is how I usually feel. I adapt really well to movement in games, though I can be pretty particular. I can't play remakes of Super Mario Bros. unless the physics are exact for instance. In FPS games I can spend up to ten minutes just getting my mouse settings right. I can't stand stuttering/framerate drops or screen tearing either. I can't focus if it isn't just right.

I'm getting close, but I don't think declining reaction time is my main problem. I just can't justify putting in the hours I did as a teenager to stay sharp. It makes me feel like an idiot manchild struggling to git gud to impress teenagers with endless free time and not a care in the world for their futures. More and more I find myself admitting defeat and playing single player games that don't judge me.

The thing that bothers me the most about this is that I went from bretty good at the games I cared about, to decidedly mediocre. It wasn't a gradual decline, having to cede the throne to the new kings while still maintaining my dignity. All it took was a few months of abstinence to become an utter pleb.

The Archmage has graced us with his presence.

Teach us, o wise one!

Actually fucking exercising also keeps your mind sharp, so I would assume that a large part of the reason reaction time deteriorates is simply because people quit exercising.

whatcha cheatin in, faggit

I make legitimate dark souls builds with it

I hardly play vidya anymore anyway

19 before any of you plebs underage me

24 here, holy shit

see

Jokes on you, my reactions have always been shit and the only way I get by in vidya is memorization, anticipation and pure luck

Nigga I see 80 year old monks that can slice a arrow in half and catch flies with chopsticks.

I'll just continue to play GSG and 4x like I've always been.

I'm gonna blame it on my 4 year old laptop

I'm in the 320 range as well, but I'm just going to blame it on this shit TN panel TV/Monitor.
I can play Super Hexagon on my phone just fine, but I can't play it for shit on my PC.

It's okay. I play mostly rpg and strategy at this point, but even if I do go back to shootan and step, I'm sure age reversing will be a thing when I'm 50 and I'll just age back down to 21

I guess this is okay, all things considered.

I aint done with vidya yet.

Guess I still got it.

Oh, everyone using Windows 7 with Aero, try disabling it and see if your scores improve at all.

That actually helped a lot. Does leaving areo on impact performance in games, 'r just on the desktop?

It shouldn't affect fullscreen exclusive games, but it does affect windowed and fullscreen borderless windowed games.

fug

I already knew my reactions where shot, all my normalfag friends love shooters and hold christ I can't compete with those people at all.

I don't play any games where pure reaction speed is more important than actually being fucking good at the game.

t. butthurt grandpa

Quiet, young whippersnapper.

One day you will understand, when you play a game more complex than Angry Birds.

What games do you play?
I don't deny that there are complex games with no action involved, but you can't deny that there aren't complex games where all the gamesense in the world can't save you if you have the reaction times of a woman.

23 years, rather tired

Stephen Hawking himself.

24fag here, never have been good at reaction games

21, very tired and allergic.

This life doesn't matter anyway.

The next one is eternal.

And I know there will be angry fedora replies, so I'll just post this in advance.

I'm 19 and i've got a 384 ms score on tat human benchmark thing. Halp

ROLLAN OF SOUND

I really gotta stop drinking

You'll find that people on this board will be drawn to particularly autistic posts.

ok

God can't save your reaction time user.

And vidya is banned in heaven.

I know, I've checked.

Mango might be getting up there. m2k is definitely past it, and might explain in part why he doesn't perform as consistently.

I feel like I've gotten better at shit since I've passed 24 though. I re-did cave story recently, I'm 28 and played it at 22. After re-learning the sanctuary I'm at the same time I was before roughly speaking.

I'm way better at fightans and melee now than I ever was. I played a lot of fightans growan up but never too seriously. Melee I always took autistically seriously despite never knowing there was an extremely autistic competitive community until a year or two ago.

How this got derailed so quickly?

I am impressed….

It's cool that they nailed the apm peak age down to 24, but they had basically no metric (or real rhetoric) to compensate for the predictive skew of age.

Stepping back from the science and into the game-playing, pick a non-micro-based game where prediction can actuay trump your ability to simulate a hive mind with a mouse and keyboard (you know, something actually fun because you aren't spending most of the game compensating for shit AI/UI), and you'll find your "gamer sense" makes up for your apm for quite a few years.

And then you'll just transition to gameplay more focused on prediction and out-planning - 4x turn and realtime, action PvE, etc. Because the wisdom of age is extremely good at planning and predictive pseudo-memorization.

My father's in his 50s and he's actually fairly decent at Vindictus- and not because of gear. Hell, the biggest problems he has aren't reactive or predictive. They're bad habbits I was never able to break him of. Of course, he was military and law enforcement for most of his life, so he was trained to be hyper-observant and recognize patterns… but that's honestly not a lot different from what we gamers do on an almost daily basis.

I think you'll find that the mental decline only really screws over the ESports cancer, tourneyfags, and the people who like rhythmn games (not for memorization) and non-comp-stomp micro-based RTSes. Pretty much everything else degrades fairly gracefully on the speed vs wisdom gradient that is age.

Wise post.

Hey I remember seeing the full one of that pic, but I forget the artist.

Even the way you hold your mouse can affect scores.

My first try was on palm grip and I got 292 ms average, then I switched to claw grip and got 234 ms.

i thought that i was getting bad at games because of my age too (soon to be 29), but i discovered i was just playing shit modern games that dulled my sense, i played a month of doom and unreal tournament and i am back to the old reflexes.