So, I just realize Vermintide is free for a couple days

So, I just realize Vermintide is free for a couple days

Any tips to try to enjoy this thing for the next hours?

thanks for the heads up, I had wanted to try it myself before buying it

What is it even like?

apparently it's like L4D with more of a focus on melee

Fuck the elffags. Stick to your team. Enjoy. Praise Sigmar.

Unless you have 3 friends who are willing to put in the time and effort to gitgud, this game is hard as fuck and will kick you in the balls at every opportunity. You have been warned.

don't run away from your team
don't play as the elf
When you're done with the game sit back and wonder why the devs didn't steadily release maps and new shit and allowed their game to die

Start out by playing the Dwarf or Soldier, and use their sword and board.
Learn to use your shoves, charge attacks, and normal attacks effectively before moving onto another character or a 2h weapon.
Block a lot, it works in a 360. Pay attention to how many targets each attack can hit.

You can avoid the patrols of the big armored rats, Stormvermin, by hiding. You should do so, there's no benefit to killing them.

Don't worry about gear aside from trying out the other types avaliable, but if you plan on buying the game and completing the higher difficulties start playing on Hard to accumulate Uncommon weapons and chunks.

Stick together as a group, guaranteed death is more and more likely the further you are from the others. If you're out of sight of anyone else, then an assassin may pounce you or you may be grabbed by a packmaster's mancatcher, and that's game over unless they come back for you.

This. I am incapable of having fun with this game because I can never get a full team of four competent people together. It's frustrating because the AI is so bad it will intentionally get your team wiped and serve as an active detriment. You also can't turn it off; you need human players to replace it. Losing 30 minutes of progress because a bot fucked the whole team over makes me angry enough to drop the game.

We need a Steam group or something for it

Also this; the game was down to a mere ~600 players average before this free weekend hit, so the issue I just mentioned is part of a negative feedback loop: not enough people for a competent team makes the game frustrating so people quit playing, making it even harder to find a competent team

To add to this, know that charge attacks can be done extremely fast; you do not have to hold the attack until it automatically goes off, doing so is only for timing purposes, and has no effect on your damage.

Storm/v/ermin is still functional, but abandoned.

VT autist here

Some things you should note:

>THEY DUMBED DOWN THE BOTS TO FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH EACH OTHER
>THE BOTS IN THE FUCKING BETA WERE BETTER THAN THE BOTS WE HAVE TODAY
>THE BOTS ARE BETTER THAN 99.9% OF PUB PLAYERS ACROSS EASY/NORMAL
>THE DEVS WENT ON SOME MORALISTIC RANT SAYING THEY CAN MAKE THEM BETTER THAN ANY PLAYER BUT WON'T
>BOTS WILL LITERALLY JUMP OFF EDGES TO THEIR DEATHS, WATCH YOU BLEED OUT AND NOT REVIVE YOU, THEIR AI DIES IF YOU GO TOO FAR FROM THEM ALLOWING THE RATS TO EASILY KILL THEM, IF A RATLING GUNNER IS TARGETING THEM THERE IS A BIG CHANCE THEIR AI WILL FREEZE ALLOWING OTHER RATS TO GET A FREE KILL/SOME HITS, BOTS WILL RUN HEADFIRST AT RATLING GUNNERS IN THE OPEN AND DIE TO THEIR FIRE WHILE IGNORING THEIR RANGED WEAPONS, BOTS WILL ACTIVELY HUFF WARPSTONE GAS, BOTS IGNORE FALL DAMAGE AND WILL HAPPILY CLIMB UP A LADDER THEN JUMP OFF ONLY TO REPEAT THIS UNTIL THEY GO DOWN, THE OTHER BOTS WILL JUMP OFF TO TRY TO REVIVE THE FIRST BOT CREATING A LEMMING EFFECT

>Having bot players in Nightmare and especially Cataclysm are more of a liability than not.

Some tips:

If any user would like to give this game a try with less retarded bots, I'm down to play.

which one?

The beam staff.

On release it was really good, the normal attack (beam) for specials and charged (shotgun) for instant horde clears.

The shit players kept trying to use the beam on individual rats or hordes which lead to them getting overheated really quickly. So the devs increase the beam tick rate and massively reduced the heat generated on the beam. A Bright Wizard could single-handedly take down a cata rat ogre with a strength potion before the ogre got close.

Just play Left 4 Dead, since you probably already own it. The game is shit, I thought it was a co-op hack and slash RPG, but it's just a left 4 dead clone, ahd I known that, I would have saved my $20.

Very obvious shill.

I wanted to too, but it seems rather late in the thread.

and now its nerfed so hard its one of the worst staffs

Don't forget that the game is basically unplayable without a team, not worth 18 bucks

Beam is now the second best staff but bolt is just leagues above it there's no competition.

Why?
I'm having fun with daggers

Probably the usual "HURR ELVES ARE KNIFE EARED TRAITOROUS-" blah blah blah.

Oh yeah I forgot
Well, I'm not buying the game since looks like past low level is dead as fuck and even more with only 20% of the "active" players having the DLC but I'm having fun

Such a waste

try to have fun and if you get a tryhard team that tries to exploit the last enemy on a wave/level like a crawleer from COD zombies try not to place with them again. note their names. they will make it take an hour to get to level 4. if you find a good hard team note their names or friend them.

upgrades are good but don't good carried away in breaking things down before you understand the sockets/upgrades. just kill for a while until you fuck with the items.

YUP
why not release some more maps? why not have plans to release more maps? I enjoyed the game but found other things that drew my time more and ran into tryhards. the Warhammer player base has probably moved onto tw:w so they may have fucked their game.

I thought it was pretty fun and enjoyed it when I had a good team but it relies way too much on having a good team. I got bored and stopped playing shortly after release because of the constant fucking crashes and the grind being ridiculous.

Are you a fucking idiot that has never played this game?

Levels are meaningless in this game it makes no difference if you play with a level 5 or level 50.

The DLC maps can't be joined publicly unless you own the DLC, you can invite your friends to play on the maps if they don't own it though.

Thats only halfway true, you can join dlc matches through the server browser

Otherwise listen to this user he speaks the truth.

Anyhow who is up for some matches ?

Trinket slots and equipment

Not if you don't own the DLC. Try joining The Fall or any of the 3 new maps if you don't have the DLC. There is a locked icon and join is grayed out for those lobbies.

Nope, I joined several matches of Summoners peak today

if the game is really that mediocre, would that be the reason for the shill threads saying that's its better then what was remembered?