How can a left-wing political organization get some dough, particularly a nascent one...

How can a left-wing political organization get some dough, particularly a nascent one? Please keep in mind every single member is broke af.

Other urls found in this thread:

opensocietyfoundations.org/grants
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Robbing banks
White slavery
Selling drugs
Running guns
Taking hostages

Really, the sky's the limit.

bolshis robbed banks

seizing oil fields

This is an important one. Unless you are the kind of post-leftist anarkiddie who thinks one day the proletariat will just do an insurgency and establish communism just like that out of nowhere, you need organization, and for organization you need that which grants power in society, namely money. There are many ways about this, from crowdfunding, to crime, to taking power via parliamentary democracy and using the state's capital, et cetera.

Paypal accounts of small businesses, bitcoin wallet hacking, moonshining (sell to bourgie students), running guns, human trafficking around Trump's wall (for the lulz mostly)

Crowdfunding is the only realistic option (although someone did bring drugs up) and I've been trying to figure out a system to make it properly work.

Of course, no one is just going to throw money to some random left-wing org. We need to be relatively well-known, and we need specific projects, events and enterprises so that people feel like they're giving money to something concrete instead of a nebulous organization that will use it God knows how.

I thought about things like Chapo Trap House and how they're already relatively well-off with something like 15k/month, so I thought about projects in that direction (podcasts, youtube channels and shit like that have always been on the agenda anyway) but then there are two questions: a) how to make them popular and b) if they manage to become popular, why would the people doing it still send the money to the organization? For example, if five us made a Podcast and that Podcast became popular and got like 10k a month, these five would probably want most (if not all) of the money for themselves, and I think that's completely fair, but sends us back to stage one.

Yes. The biggest problem out there.

Does anyone have any skills? And I would recommend avoiding crime, unless you really know what you are doing. Even then it's better to think twice. Basis does influence superstructure.

Either way: what's your raison d'etre? Why didn't you join someone else?

Not only. And I'm quite certain it got blown out of proportion.

Bad idea for several reasons.

Or to cooperate with others.

People should make donations to specific projects, rather than to people who make podcasts, no?

MUTUAL BANKS
U
T
U
A
L

B
A
N
K
S

My country's communist party lives off donations

My country's anarkiddies that run squats usually also use donations, while the illegalist guerillas rob banks

This.

Also, once you have enough money, I'd say the best to do is to open a business. The trick is you need to control it but not benefit from it.

Sell newspapers.

Crowdfunding.

No longer profitable. And it's Anarchist at best (AnCap mostly).

The idea has some merit (the idea of using crypto-currency), but money has to have some (revolutionary, yes) function. Bitcoin was for storage of wealth.

Bump. Because I'm in the same boat and I don't want to turn to crime.

Some sort of international organization might be in order then. Vanguard, yes.

Either way: what's your platform and what are your skills?

He didn't say he was a Trot.

Robbing banks.
Stealing diamonds.
Selling lemonade.
Holding up fast food joints.
Birthday letters from relatives.
Stealing commodities for sale on the black market.

Being moral/ideological while trying to make money is fucking retarded.

The al-Qaeda plan:
0. use the banality of Western life as a camouflage
1. master the system's own tools
2. use these tools against the system

Bin Laden got rich through speculation, then he financed various actions. People who planned and performed those actions got the necessary knowledge by studying in American and European universities.

Fucking hell leftypol, is everyone here communist purely because they can't make money?

We are in an international but our support isn't monetary. Because we're first world we end up sending some of our limited funds to third world sections to help them out.

We really need a useful way of raising funds fron outside of the party or supporters thatisn't seeking papersn

That isn't selling papers*

rob apple stores and then sell the said products on craigslist

Did you consider asking uncle George?

opensocietyfoundations.org/grants

rob the capitalist banks

Base determines superstructure. If you produce value individually, there is a lot of incentive to stop cooperating.

Some might want to live to 300 years and go to space.

Okay. Let me put it the other way: there is no easy way for uneducated and undisciplined people without any qualities or skills to earn money.

PRIMITIVE ACCUMULATION

48% of the 1% are Jewish, you should ask them for some money!

1. stop replying to autismo: the poster
2. if you're struggling with money, let other groups figure out how to raise theirs before you help them. I'm all about international solidarity, but the Left works better as a machine of small, autonomous parts that must succeed on their own or perish. Many left-wing orgs are shit and will completely drain resources, time and energy if you allow it