ARK

Anybody else playing this at all?

I played it for a bit and some adventures with a few people but it ended up being way too grindy and once someone got a into late game say goodbye to any oppurtunity of making a house ever.

Yeah I'm seeing people complain about the grindiness. Alternatively I popped into an unofficial server running 10xp and so on. From there I'm only really finding issue with the recipe requirements.

I played it with two turbo autists when it came out.

It was great.They farmed and built weapons and tamed dinosaurs and I used their hard-earned resources to grief newfags on the beach

i play on my own dedicated server because i hate interaction with people i dont know but i like the game too much to not play it. I play on it with friends from time to time. Its definitely one of the better survival games out there. Frequent updates too. Used to run like utter shit but seems to have gotten better. Its fun.

That is precisely my friend's approach to this. I'm just wondering if we could get a pack of anons running on any server. At least the one I'm on I have a small abode set up.

I own it, I tried to get into it a few times but I don't like playing with other people so the whole thing where you have engrams tied to XP was a major drag. I tried starting single player with XP set to 10x but then it felt like I was cheating with the stat gains.

maybe when it's finished

i shiga diga roo you didn't pay for it

I paid $20. Deal with it cumslut.

Is it fun? I have some friends who're really into it.

BILLIONS
of people got that garbage and I hope they suffer for it.

The only good thing it has is that it's made in unreal 4. That's about it.

Starting out is really rough, you'll die a lot due to predators, or other players if on a high population server. I personally find it very fun, but that's because I don't play on official servers. Official servers have gook levels of grinding for stats and taming timers so you're better off joining an unofficial server that runs 5-10x exp so you feel like you're progressing.

You can build your base on a raft if you want and equip it with ballista and eventually turrets, which is what I'm going to work towards. But if you don't have a raft then don't go swimming because piranhas, snakes, crocodiles, manta ray and megaladons will eat you. The porpoises are bro tier and will swarm protect you from sharks.

You can tame just about any dinosaur and mammal in the game by beating them over the head and feeding them or shooting them with a tranquilizer arrow and feed them. Building is exactly like Rust with snap features and foundation requirements. Night is pretty dark and like in Rust using a torch reveals your location. I don't know what to expand on here, it's survival and hunting mostly.

It's one of the most popular games on Steam, and has been for a long time now.

i did not expect warframe to be number 10 in most played

I've heard if this but never played.
I hear anons bash it, is it one of those better with people you know sort of deals?

Yes, any game is obviously better with a friend, but this one is really nice due to all the exploration and discovery you make.
Official servers are fucking garbage though.

Games alright, it just needs to be fucking finished.

Give it a look when if its out of EA

Steamfags aren't the brightest, after all reddit outnumbers us. Look at halfchan.

I know, I shouldnt be surprised, but I keep forgetting Bethesda is the new EA.

user there were 14.5 THOUSAND people that played Clicker Heroes on Steam today. That is literally a skinner box where you mash Mouse 1 to trigger that dopamine hit. It's barely even dressed up as a game.

Knowing that, are you really surprised that there were 48 thousand people playing Fallout 4 today?

Yes, I thought the backlash had reached some people, guess I was wrong.
Bethesda needs a purging.
At least theres some pretty good games in the list

Brings too many bad memories both in pvp and pve

I've read some people say not playing with others and being a solo player in PvP was the most satisfying experience, but the game does encourage playing in tribes for common goals like taming and surviving, also allows your tribe to permanently have more recipes for crafting since you have a talent system for recipes.

Im getting back into it if youre interested op

I stopped playing this after a while. Only played on a server with friends and the lack of conflict really made the game stale. Still feel good about the purchase since I got it for 12 dollars in early access because dinosaurs and may even come back if they add some nicer dinos

I'm just playing on "SubFX[TheCenter]PVPVE/10x XP/5x Tame/4x Mats", only typed that out like that because the searching function for servers sucks. I actually don't know when they released The Center map, but I like it a lot. The population is 9 right now at 4:30 AM and I think around 20 on regular hours. If you got a different one let me know. I'm not partial to Official servers because the xp rate is garbage

Host your own server (hey, you're playing on your own so who gives a shit about other people's connections) and adjust the sliders and shit. You can have even the biggest shit instantly tame, and give yourself recipes and stuff.

Nigga gonna nigg

If its still early access you can suck my dick OP

I got a free key and I haven't been able to get into it, partially because I have no idea what to do, does it get good at all?

Unranker unofficial server, explore harvest, tame, level up and build.

Read some guides

Ok.

Do you like survival based games or not? It's essentially Rust with tamable creatures and less kill on sight type players, also more maps from which to choose. Aerial/Sea combat is also a thing.

Coworkers and I have been playing it, it's probably the best survival/crafting game out there in my onion

It's pretty grindy and absolutely cruel if you play alone but with a tribe it's hella fun

Pretty brutal game at times, if your dinos die, that's it, they're dead as it should be. The first few days I played it alone fucked my shit silly, died almost every 20 minutes

I would recommend, the updates on it are great and they add new shit frequently

INTO
THE TRASH
IT GOES