TF2C THREAD

EARLY SATURDAY MORN EDITION
SERVER:
97.94.153.214:27015

TF2 CLASSIC
TF2Classic is a neat little modded version of an early build of TF2 (meaning no hats, conga or MvM, etc.) that adds the YLW & GRN teams for new modes, free for all deathmatch mode with a new character and the Civilian from TFC. You can bunnyhop in this mod, too. VIP and Espionage modes are coming soonish.

Holla Forums TF2C Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chTF2C/
TF2C Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/TeamFortress2ClassicTF2C
Bronies, furries, FNAF, Undertale, Stephen Tumblrverse, SJWs, Homestuck etc. banned across all Holla Forums servers
(Basically don't look like this guy archive.is/QQHsJ or this guy (Jason Grant) archive.is/ElCa4 or this guy archive.is/Ico0k if you want in)

(All servers have bullet spread and random crits disabled.)
AlphaBlaster (REDchanit):
138.229.188.192:27015
Hosted in California, USA
Owner profile: steamcommunity.com/id/AlphaBlaster1337/
Uses a custom loadout set: Overwrite tf2classic/scripts/items/items_game.txt with this: pastebin.com/yaXaFLYa
Tenma/Europoor server:
188.209.52.70:27015
Hosted in Ukraine
Owner profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013385648/
HOW TO PLAY:
(Instructions copied from tf2classic.com/install.php)
Installing
1. Download
Download the client. tf2classic.com/download.php
Mega mirror: mega.nz/#!LMRw3KiJ!fc-VT10Updxv34Yofmw21hqyMaVb-ipSiLTg3Sc1nGA
2. Extract
Once downloaded, extract everything to your "steamapps/sourcemods" directory. You should now have "steamapps/sourcemods/tf2classic".
3. Install Source SDK Base
3. 1. Installing
Go to the 'Tools' section in your Steam client and Install Source SDK 2013 Base Multiplayer.
3. 2. Changing branch
After it's installed, right click it and select Properties, then click the Betas tab and choose "beta_test".
Close the properties and it should begin updating.
4. Restart Steam
Once it has finished updating, restart Steam
Check your games. You should see "Team Fortress 2 Classic" has appeared on your games library.

Virtual Audio Cable for micspam: maps.gr8stalin.site.nfoservers.com/public/VAC.7z
(Follow core.txt for instructions)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/Eq0ZJNub
FUN SETTINGS AND MODS TO TRY
pastebin.com/p7KyYSRW
Best of asshurt: imgur.com/a/cdgzG
Holla Forums OC: imgur.com/a/H7uvO
imgur.com/a/IohL8
imgur.com/a/D1usl
OP Pastebin: pastebin.com/3M9vEY9U
Highlight videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=WNOTf0XI9Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=YbvWFdcJzoU
youtube.com/watch?v=hl_g7CYe6Ec
youtube.com/watch?v=kE3cZk0EdZg
youtube.com/watch?v=8Cg8ZgWBakM

Other urls found in this thread:

the303.org/tutorials/spraylogo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for "all 3 and proud of it"

To me it's still Frrrrrrrrrrrriday night muthafucka.

DEAD MOD
A
E
D

M
O
D

wew

You niggers still play this? How about we get a SOLID time to play on Saturday afternoon.

'kay, how bout 3PM 5/28/16

Have some OC

Game's not ded anymore?

has it updated yet?

Bugfixes are being worked on but the current project lead is a tranny furfag taking over temporarily, there's a list of all the planned changes somewhere

Dropped

There's nothing wrong with having a small community, but the community Holla Forums fosters is so hateful and juvenile I'd rather have horsefuckers dominating the community, and that's saying a lot. Enjoy your dead game because nobody is up to your "standards".

OOH baby, do we got a server goin finally?

can we just let this shit mod di

die

go back to tf2

>not knowing how to mute
You have to go back

Looks like I'm dodging a bullet playing with you rulecuck autists

Not*

I'm glad that people like you get kicked and if I had the time I'd be playing and enjoying the absence of players like you.

Anyone playing this on linux?
I've got this working before, but now it launches then immediately closes.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the new nvidia drivers that seem to be messing with source games for some odd reason.

Kill yourself.

Go back to reddit friendo

Goddammit Alpha, you had to do this now? Not sure if I'll be able to play today.

Is this going to be a weekly thing?

- Jason Grant

the303.org/tutorials/spraylogo.html

An old spray tutorial i've found some years ago.

Why the fuck don't you make a no-steam build?

Source needs steam to run I think.

Why not a daily thing? It's summer, meaning the underages can get on now, guaranteeing more players.

i dunno man

Spreads attention and interest thin, gives much less buildup, people get burnt out. Having game night every night makes it less "special". Maybe a biweekly thing would be best to help accommodate people not available on one day or the other.

Look it up. You install it on server and client and steam goes where it needs to go.
Kids this days. Never played standalone source games?

(Checked)

Good point, friendo.

My biggest concern is the burnout, honestly. I feel like that was the primary reasons this became "ded mod" - the primary reasons why any multiplayer game that starts out as hot shit falls by the wayside.

Yeah, we kind of scrambled to make sure it had a consistent player amount. Honestly it feels better when it's sudden spikes after periods of inactivity.

HARBL
A
R
B
L

Has it changed from this yet?

Nigger have you ever once joined our servers

4team is rare. I've been playing all day and yesterday and havent played a 4team map.

Flaregun and gunboats are disabled on the Holla Forums servers too

you bring the inactivity on yourself.

Or, you could, yknow, just not vote for them in the RTV popup. That's an option, too.

I don't.
It still happens.

Sorry if i sound like a retard but when ever i try to join the server i get a "Server uses different class tables" Error What does this mean?

Eternal Reminder

10 Signs You're a Shitter:

Shitters are the reason why you can't get a good game going
Don't be a shitter

Update TF2C.

Holy fucking shit I'm so sick of getting stuck in the fucking payload cart

what the fuck is this shit

If only fags like you would actually play the game instead of leaping to its defense on Holla Forums I'd be more motivated to keep playing. Face it, thegame sucks, the community sucks, the meme sucks and you sucks.

Labeling me as belonging from elsewhere and thus imploring I "go back" to "reddit" or whatever instead of addressing the issues I present is called Ad Hominem. I'd ignore the fallacy if your bantz were funny, but they're just shitposting phrases without thought or originality.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but if you want a "vinegar-only" community with moonman micspam and ban-happy admins as the norm, don't be surprised when TF2C stays more unpopular than Gang Garrison.

In response to your complaint:

The whole point of these servers is to keep the parts of tf2 that attract undesirable people out. Hats, new weapons, taunts, etc. all have been removed for this purpose. This also functions to make the base game simpler and, in my opinion, much better. Anyone who appears to be undesirable, such as the users from tf2 who led to the creation of this alternate game in the first place, are removed from the server in an attempt to make it better for the rest of us. We are aware that such a thing will eliminate a large portion of the players who visit the server, and we are willing to accept such consequences. To us, quality is greater than quantity.

You made the mistake of mentioning how you liked the conga taunt. The conga taunt is part of the problem of tf2, which is what we, as a whole, want out of tf2c. Therefore, the most likely conclusion drawn at the moment was that you were another idiotic child from tf2 who came to cause us trouble, and therefore you were removed from the server.

Additionally, you claimed I didn't address your issue in my post, which was you getting kicked from the server for a reason you felt was unjust. I stated that you were kicked due to your interest in something that poses as a threat to the sanctity of our servers. You also, by showing such interest, identified yourself as a possible user of of that very same threat. Therefore, when I said "you have to go back", I merely meant instead to play in our community, it might be beneficial to us and yourself if you rather went back to tf2 instead. That addressed your complaint, and offered an alternative to your previous wish to join us, under the assumption that you were both an undesirable, and unwilling to change from your undesirable taste. That is also, by definition, not an Ad Hominem, since I was responding to your complaint with a possible alternative rather than just outright attacking you. Calling me a "fag" and saying I "sucks" is, however, attacking me rather than my argument, and therefore an Ad Hominem. The irony here is metaphorically razor sharp.

Also, again, you can simply mute the micspammers, as long as you don't make a big deal out of it. You also wouldn't have to worry about being kicked or banned if you made all your suggestions here, in this thread, rather than in game. This will surely lead to less confusion in the future.

In conclusion, your son is the villain, and you either kill him or nuke Boston. DiMa is Nick Valentine's brother, the endings are whether or not to flood Far Harbor with irradiated water killing everyone, replace the children of atom leader with a synth, or kill DiMa; also, Red Death is a mirelurk that does nothing. Kylo Ren is really named Ben Solo, and he kills his father Han Solo. Snape kills Dumbledore.

Thank you for your time.

-Jason Grant.

id rather play overwatch, but at least your cancer is contained to this instead of infecting the rest of tf2

Mod stopped being fun because server mods banned fucking everyone who wanted to play the game. I can understand banning someone for being a faggot but banning someone because they don't agree or like something is overboard.
Because they're either going to be dead or just have 3-4 people playing.

The mod creators also had some trouble a while back and removed some people from the dev team. They are no longer trying to aim for a vanilla TF2 game and are now trying to make their own thing. The alternate weapons prove this theory. Also it hasn't been updated for three months so the mod is either dead or on hold.

Now either everyone on the Holla Forums server is trying to be as edgy as possible or they don't talk entirely so they don't get banned.

I find it hard to believe that a couple servers owned by users of a tiny mongolian picture forum had that much of an impact on other people's enjoyment. Had we been constantly raiding and ddos'ing other servers - actually interfering with other people's fun - rather than just sticking to our own servers, I'd believe it.
If you've ever met anyone claiming to "just like" MLP/UT/etc, you'd know they're actually just as obnoxious and cancerous as the rest of their fanbases. It's very rare to ever find someone that "just likes" those things and is not a faggot, and if they do they typically don't outwardly display it due to embarrassment of the formerly mentioned communities.
If a significant number of people were actually being banned, I'm sure they could have filled up another server quite adequately. If not, than the number people actually getting banned is grossly exaggerated.

I agree about the mod going off the rails in terms of direction. I'd like to see some Source-savvy user take the mod and make his own branch to pick up where the devs left off.

Are you guys for real? Holy shit, I haven't witnessed this high concentrations of pure autism in a long time.

Sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities, mate. I'll avoid the game from now on.

How nice. I'll go update this once I'm done going out with my family. Has there been any noticable changes?

I hope we have more normal maps. though the last map I recall fondly was TRAINS.

you fell for it

-Jason Grant.

I will never understand this, is this image supposed to crash my browser?

still nothing fam

Check the filesize. The image has a virus embbed into it, if you download the image and you open it… Well, you're gonna have some fun. If you don't like your computer, that is.

Everytime someone joins the server, an admin goes AFK because he is now googling your nick to check on your previous history. He will also check your Steam profile for previous nicks.
If you play anything that goes against the hivemind, if you frequent any community that goes against the hivemind or if you just posted something that triggers the hivemind, the admin will go back to the game and ban you, often without even an explanation.

The funny thing is, he's entitled to do that if he wants. But don't complain about "nobody likes the good old TF2…" when the problem here is you.