SS13 General - Deep Space Feels Edition

What is Space Station 13?

Space Station 13 is a deep space simulation developed by the CDC to research into the isolation and containment of autistic individuals in the United States.

How can I play?

You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client Download - byond.com/download/

Web client: unsafe.space

Server Info

HateStation @ byond://ss13.unsafe.space:12345
Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON

Wiki

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/play/embed/74.91.121.114:7777
8station.miraheze.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=history
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

VOX TRADERS WHEN

There is a reason we don't trade with vox anymore.

SPACE JEWS PLEASE GO

reminder to go to the populated server
Web client: byond.com/play/embed/74.91.121.114:7777
NewStation
byond://74.91.121.114:7777

Since when?

Newstation regularly gets over 15 players, with a high around 20.
Hatestation regularly gets 0 players, with a high around 2.

I can smell newstation crumbling with the weight of all these new shitters lately though. We had 15 earlier tonight, but when we hit friday fucking night, a time for peak traffic, we had shockingly low numbers. Why? because shitters made everyone so mad, they spaced themselves and left. Bigslice needs to appoint at least one admin, for god's sakes, even if they're not around 24/7. The murderbones 2 minutes in then 3 hours of one person faffing about isn't funny the 30th time in a row it's done. In fact, earlier today, we had a murderboner that got people so riled up, they blew up the ooc channel.

Have we crossed into bizzaro world?
Because I just logged into hatestation and it's literally empty.

Not even BigSlice gets on NewStation regularly anymore. There was maybe 20 at launch, either station is lucky to get 6 now.

Though I suppose for the sake of winning the server war it's OK to bend the truth a little.

REAL SERVER
NewStation

REAL SERVER
NewStation

REAL SERVER
NewStation

REAL SERVER
NewStation

Gitgud and koriath are buttobliterated by the fact they literally don't get any player whatsoever anymore so they do this

Hatestation has 0 players right now, it had 0 playrs the whole day.
newstation seems to be down right now, but we had a round of 16 players a few hours ago.
Was it perhaps a figment of my imagination?

We had 19 people yesterday, and we usually have 12+ for a couple rounds every day.

On newstation I mean.
Honestly, I've never actually seen anyone by who in hatestation since newstation launched, myself.

Here's your (you). A+ bait, user, but try nto to make it so obvious next time.

if you post a recent screenshot of hatestation with more than 3 players I'll believe you.

Alright, I will, once it starts being a reasonable time to play games and not 5 in the morning. I'll deliver a screenshot tomorrow and make sure to circle all the important bits in red so you can see it.

It's 1:32 AM Eastern Standard Time. Things have been slow across the board, though NewStation generally has more players. It may be in part because tend to shill harder, though their population has steadily gained a reputation for being full shitters even amongst regulars. BigSlice's absence most hours and lack of moderation in time zones outside his own may contribute to this.

HateStation has more moderators, but demoralization has generally afflicted most people affiliated with it. Koriath's also on the job search as of late, and when he isn't he's working on Hate Colony. Just get in the HateStation Discord if nobody's on the server and say you want to play.

I just want to do comfy trading times.
It doesn't even have to be the speshul space birds.

Also, when is the ==DAMN RUSKIE DJ STATION GOING TO GET FIXED GOD DAMN I JUST WANT TO LET THE STATION HEAR MY SHITTY MUSIC TASTES==.

what discord

Nice going shitchan.

nice going newfag

The whole line has to be red text you niggers

Nigger I can fucking redtext just fine god fucking damn.
Now where are the fucking space jews?

The space ninjas killed them all, obviously.

Repostan from other thread

this is how i set up the mix for TEG
i have vol pumps in all the right places (i think). my TEG doesn't get clogged, but I'm wondering if there isn't a much simpler way to do what I'm trying to do.

Basically I'm trying to get pure O2/plasma to a gas mixer and retain full functionality of the mix line and most (if not all) of the canister mixing area.

With my current setup I hit 3-5mil watts and then the power output degrades to ~1 mil. How do I prevent the degradation?

heh
8station.miraheze.org/w/index.php?title=Main_Page&action=history

I was the engineer you explained that too. Thanks for teaching me. Did you get it working properly?

Also. I really wish they would add an administrator that wasn't an autistic faggot. Earlier in the day some shitters were really being obnoxious and annoying as fuck on all the channels, and I couldn't tell if it was part of the fucking game culture or what. Maybe they were le epic trolling but it seems like that kind of content just drives people away from the server. It sure as fuck made me wanna play somewhere else

It did work. The foundation is there, the setup just needs optimizing. Or maybe it's really convoluted and there's a more elegant solution. The power degrades way too much but that's kind of a common issue with the TEG.

Would have liked to have shown you more but I ended up getting sidetracked with the AI and that faggot secborg, and then a red slime fucked me up. Plus it didn't really help my internet just died randomly for 10 minutes.

Also good news, I can confirm it works in the way I'd hoped because I still pumped some yummy plasma into the distribution loop.

Expect Plasmastation soon, friendo.

Mixer instead of manifold next to plasma pump, set in 66% plasma - 33% O2 setup, max everything. Done.
Alternatively, just max O2 and plasma, but don't forget to open the turbine vent in that case.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Why is a goon station in the OP? This is the Holla Forums server:

New players and/or wiki users

What are some guides you feel might be missing or need work on the wiki?

xDDD

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law

What did you want me to do? How can you possibly resist the temptation?
I'll never trust silicons ever again. No wonder nobody makes cyborgs when people die nowadays.

Please tell me the shitter captain got an actual ban and not "30 minute ban from head roles".

You're fucking retarded. Secborg arrested you because AI told him to.

And you blowing up the bombs, not gonna even coomment.

Do you guys think we're going to have a few people on the server tonight? I am interested in making that broken section of the station into a drug den for wild parties.

I didn't do anything! And who cares what the AI says faggotron?

Sure, why not? Saturday night vidya sounds alright.

I just came back to post this quick screencap with timestamp just to prove you wrong, user. Don't mind me. I even circled the important bit in red, just so you couldn't miss it.

This is newstation.

This doesn't inspire confidence.

W-what did I do?

We were talking about hatestation though, newstation is fine and more or less alive. 30 players neverever again though.

hi madman
come play with us bud

Serber needs players.

Guide on how to get to the goddamn Clown Planet.

1. Find the ultra sekrit spot where the card is zlvl3 around y240x240
2. Use card on a teleporter console
3. ???
4. Die because you're an unprepared shittler who thinks he can take on 40+ syndicate and 4 juggernaut blobs.

Newstation now has 0ak as admin, along with bigslice.

0ak was staff on HateStation.

0ak was never online as an admin on HateStation.

I don't see the part where a reliable, consistently available person was brought onto the team.

You've been a shill against HateStation since nearly the beginning of time, and based on your history in this thread alone you've been the most dedicated one.

I mean, your reputation precedes you.

Hello koriath

Thanks for the compliment. It's not everyday that my dedication to stumping pure cancer is acknowledged like that.

Sounds more like gitgud tbh

If we just say Koriath/Gitgud we'll be saying the entire population of hatestation doe.

heh, I guess that's true

lamo just play the game instead of shitposting B)

Only dorks post in the threads.

d to the e to the d
nice plain w/ u ladz

space niggers

The solution.

Did anything ever come of that Doom WAD?

Why does this occur?
I took readings of ~1mil, ~2mil, ~8mil and compared them and the only truly outstanding difference in the ~8mil readings was cold pressure spiking for some reason. The difference between inlet>outlet for that reading was 20853.
Is there any way to make this behavior consistent?

Max out the outflow from the cold cannister, or maybe precharge the cold side of the heat exchange, then put in a new tank is stuff that I think could work. Possibly having refrigerated cold gas, so it can absorb more heat, will put it under as much pressure as the hot gas.

I haven't played as am atmofag yet so I don't know

Also:

You fuckers burned that bridge ages ago.

OAK CONFIRMED SHITMIN REMOVE REEEEEEEE

Don't let your autistic dreams be dreams.

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

What happens if you use air pressure to shove one supermatter shard or crystal into another?

Dunno, I'm using wall girders to keep them in place.

What is this supposed to do?

Heat up gasses to retarded temperatures by abusing a bug with air filters.

Looks like it should be heating up the canister infinitely.

And I take it this makes massive amounts of power?

It might, but the hotter a gas gets, the slower it pumps through the system. Anything after 100k and the pumps might as well not work at all.

Use valves, or just pipes istead of pumps

The gas filters choke too. In fact, the system I built in didn't even work because it choked, even with redundant parts to improve airflow. The temperature in was created through more arcane majjicks

To make use of such high temperatures in the thermalgen you would still need to move the gas, using gas filters simplifies the problem by letting you ignore pressure, but you would still need like 20 of them to push the gas fast enough to be useful.

So some faggot engiqueer told me to go to the mining station and turn off my radio for two hours. I didn't do it. Am I gonna get jobbanned from borg?

Nah. YOu can easily make the argument, assuming asimov, that to do so would potentially endanger the crew.

JUST PM ME ON BYOND

Law 1 + Code Blue = Free pass to ignore any suspicious orders

Are you actually using AutoCAD for autism purposes? Because if yes I'll shed a single tear with pride for you

Anyway, these threads are never anything but some cool autismo plans for ATMOS or the flavor of the month boogeyman anyway.
Might as well not join any station at all and just join Hippie or TG since at least those are actually decently populated.

well that kinda attitude is why low pop servers are low pop

if you stick around long enough you'll find that there would be more people playing

but don't play on hate, go on new since there's a new admin now that's on more often

No thanks. This "New vs Hate" bullshit is your problem, you started it, you solve it. There are alternatives to play SS13 that don't require enduring all this "you're just koriath\gitgud" or "you're station is dead. DEAD" and they even have 6 times more players and more coders to keep the game alive.

this is barely drama, how fucking thin skinned are ya mate?

me personally?

you're the one saying that

Oh hi koriath!

Yes. This is a good point.

Let's discuss all the ways in which we can actually bolster player numbers, since they've been dwindling for some time. I know we've had odd days with 20 players but it's not consistent.

Could probably start with those who aren't playing/playing less and why that is.

I'd hate to call you a retard, but you're acting like one.
If you honestly think "new vs hate" is our problem, you've clearly not been here very long.
Hate was the only server for a good long while, and thanks to shit decisions, policies, and treatment of its users, it went down to about 5 players a weekend night.
New pops up later, and it was a good solid 25 or so, the first day. Been consistently above 10 most every night since.

The people who are acting like it is any other way probably are gitgud koriath and crew, desperately trying to wring back their players now that they're becoming completely irrelevant.

I'm playing less because I'm getting abit burnt out and that I'm frustrated with my self that I'm not robust enough

I could say the entire point of these threads is now just to discuss who's to blame for anything at all and I wouldn't be wrong by much.

There's only one thing that brings players to the server: new features that other servers don't have.
Hate used to have those, even if they were a bit shit.
Dunno how it is now, though or how New compares to it.

Although, if there's little players in either station, that I'd guess they stagnated.

How mature. You know what happens in a shit flinging contest, right? Keep throwing blame around, I'm sure every player that left both servers is severely worried about who's to blame.

I'm neutral everyone else is retarded but me

o.k buddy fuck off then

Look, koriath, we all know you don't play the game at all, but saying beyond retarded shit like
Really doesn't help your case in any way.

That's not even what I said you fucking retarded gook, god damn. How autistic are you?

I like how in all 3 posts, there's not a single reason to join either server at all.

Why should anyone join New\Hate at all? To get less features, a slower codebase, dedicated griefers and 1/6 of the playerbase?
All these threads are just "no u" levels of arguing with both sides just explaining why the other is even worse than them.

BigSlice, you're responsible for NewStation. And I mean both the bad and the good parts of starting a new server. You got into your head that this was exactly what was needed and I ain't seeing it isn't. But anything bad that happens because of that, including splitting the playerbase, is as much on you as any good that comes from that act.

And I honestly don't know why someone would actually think yet another new server would solve everything when this is about the 4th time someone attempted this and it resulted in exactly the same thing it always did in all other 3 attemps: less player on both servers.
Nobody cares who's to blame for anything. You could have gitgud coming to the thread and saying "yeah, I'm a faggot, it was all my fault" and that wouldn't get players back in any of the servers.
The fact these threads STILL keep having discussions about whose to blame for anything at all just shows how autistic some of you fags are. No wonder nobody wants to put up with your shit, both of you.

I'm not bothering trying to convince you to play on a server you're already set on not playing on because you don't like the "drama" you're seemingly perpetuating by totally not being biased at all

go back to your goonstations or better yet that reddit station "test server please ignore" and stop bringing your shit here

Also:

You are sorely mistaken. I don't even have to go far to prove you wrong. Newstation currently has way more players than Hate does, and they don't have a good chunk of the random crap Hate did. Though, admittedly, they are adding some of it back, slowly.
Reason people left Hate is shit administration making shitty decisions without so much as a warning to its players, who then, when the players didn't like it, went and said that only fucking Coders and Admins matter.

My personal reasons for playing on New are the lack of shitty admins as are rampant on TG and Hippie what'll ban you for just about anything.
That, and the playerbase isn't massive unrobust faggots who wine to mods every time something don't go exactly how they want.

Frankly, "features' are the least of my concerns. Features are something only the most insufferable of tosspots worry about, in my opinion. So long as the thing fucking works, the mods ain't shit, and the community knows what they're doing, I am happy.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and all that. Most of Koriath's additions were fucking terrible. Remember ducks? Or plaguestation? Fucking meeseeks?

Who could possibly be behind that post? I'm sure it's a regular player who's totally not part of the group of only 3 people who have ever used that phrase unironically before.

He did say that, to be fair.
I am sure as hell not going back, though, because this is at least the fourth time I've heard such.
I am sick and tired of it. No way in hell I am going back there.

But, yeah, Newstation doesn't have less on both, there was about a 1000% increase when New popped up. Want to know why?
Because thanks to shitty nonsense pulled by hate, they were down to two players on a weekend if that. And of those two, you are pretty much guaranteed to be staff.
"less on both servers" my ass. You clearly are talking out of your ass.

Why are you here, if you clearly have never played on the lot before? Why are you here if you clearly haven't payed any attention to the last number of threads?
Are you just here to shitpost? Trying to get back players to Hate?

Like the ban list and admins online? :^)
Cause that kinda explains the higher playercount, but if you want a server for emilyinspace and lordofthedankmeme to play on, I'll have to pass.

Both servers will die, that's inevitable. Holla Forums can't support 2 different servers, it does not have the number of players for that. It should have been just one server from the start, united to stand against all others. New servers will have as much success as all the alternative vidya boards out there have.

You say you have admins out. Enjoy the last moments. Once people start being banned for their shitty behaviour, it's gonna go back to 5 players for a while and then nothing. As I said, there's other places to play the game, that actually have more people and the codebase keeps changing with new things to do.

Holla Forums only had 2 things going for it: it's confyness and mutual autism. But both stations are on different sides of the spectrum and this shit ain't comfy anymore.

Also, Holla Forums at least tried to change things from the usual formula, like with the stun nerfs that changed combat. Something unique no other server tried.
A lot of the code and staff decisions followed the same idea. Just try something new and don't assume everyone is a knobhead. You'd never see something like the chemical synthetizer back in /tg/ due to how abused it is for powergaming, for instance, but we had it and had some fun thanks to it.

I'm not seeing changelogs or discussion in the threads about this new addition to the game and how people used it to have some fun. The most interesting thing here is that ATMOS autism. Literally no reason to join the servers…

there's a new admin which is on alot more then bigslice is but bigslice does shit in the background all the time so it's not like people are getting utterly ignored like on hate

just that things are slightly slower, which I'm fine with

You're thinking Hate, Koriath.

As to the banlist, personally I don't really think I mind. Haven't run into Emilyinspace yet, though. Probably'd get banned pretty soon.
Which is all well and good considering at the moment Hate has nobody, and New's the only one what is active.
Personally, I'd rather not play on a shit server, and get a better one. This is the way the free market works.
Staying on a shit server what routinely shits on its own players is just not in me.

Oh, and since you decided to bring up Emilyinspace…

Once again, because evidently you are too retarded to understand:
New code shit doesn't make the server.
The players do. The staff do.
Hatestation's guys were terrible. Their playerbase nonexistent.
Server was dead long before New came around.

hey if you want to keep on server hopping instead of trying to improve upon a server to get what you want out of it that's your business but don't shit on other people for wanting to build a community

See? You can't do it. You can't go one post without blaming some boogeyman. You can't honestly just go one post with "Here's why our server is great (not just better, actually great) and that's all I'll post".
What's the point? Once Hate dies, New will be the new Hate. Someone will dig some dirt on BigSlice (considering it was a brand new account made just to host the server, he must have some skeletons in his closet) and then we're back at the same place, with people complaining about the new Gitgud and the drama never dies.

Sure thing, Todd Howard.

And this is rich coming from the fag that started a new server, literally hopping away from the previous one, instead of staying with that and improving on it.
If you can't follow your own advices, maybe you shouldn't be dispensing them either?

Image fell off because Holla Forums is still horrible.
Well, it could just be my terrible connection. Still.

Maybe that will happen, but you know what? I don't give a fucking shit.
If BigSlice turns out to be just like Gitgud, I won't stick around. But until then, I am sure as hell not going to go to a place run by some shitter what literally thinks his own playerbase's opinion doesn't matter. That ain't no boogeyman, either, you know. He actually fucking said that, word for word.
Fuck you, and your fucking defeatist attitude. I would rather go some place fucking better, than stick around a server run by a total dickhead.

who do you think I am?

nice

I did try and fix hate, gitgud decided that he would ignore everything that was said bar from shit from his own coders, so I did the logical thing and joined new which I'm very happy with that decision, I've played on /tg/ and that 40k server but I didn't stay because there wasn't a community that was worthwhile in either server

also
nice try

I like the idea of an Holla Forums server because when you get the right people from here they're super chill, but player counts on your servers are super low. What have these stations got going for them? What are their perks that make it worth regularly connecting to try and help the playerbase increase?

what's your home server?

/tg/ stations
they're far from perfect before anyone shits on me but, where I live, I can play low pop during the day. anything around 20 people on basil is actually pretty damn good for rp and competancy

more than anything else, there are no servers I know of that are better. I'm a newfag when it comes to spessmen as my earlier post said and so I don't know of many servers that aren't on the hub. every other server on the hub is either goon-tier high rp or hippie-tier zero rp

The Holla Forums servers usually have a more chill playerbase. Rounds last quite longer than in most other servers, not just 30 minutes.
People are a bit more relaxed and chill because powergaming is quite rare. Often traitors will just try to have some fun with the crew.
The result is that many people are free to try whatever crazy shit they want knowing that they aren't gonna be interrupted as often.

There's also the change to stuns. Pretty much all stuns but the stunbatons are toned down severely, leading to fights actually having more than just tasers used on them and they tend to be more interesting because of that. You actually have to put some effort into fighting someone, not just stun him off and apply cuffs.

Biggest difference is that the great majority of people are quite robust and actually know the game very well so instead of just trying to powergame everything every round, they just acknowledge each other's abilities and instead try to have some fun together, not despite the other players.
There's some exceptions, but for the most part it's a nice community.

you play on /tg/ basil? that is a goon station though

if you're making a joke it's going over my head sorry

He's mentioning how a lot of their moderation are ex-goonstation players or actual goons themselves.

no I'm not

Oh, right. That's odd for a server named after a 4chan board, but I suppose these servers have been around for years now. /tg/ moderation is good to ask 'wiki questions', and they're good with the amount of events they trigger, but the few times I've reported genuine shittery there's been no action.

Nice, entertaining/funny rp is pretty much the only reason I enjoy this game, so a server without powergamers sounds perfect to me. The changes to stuns are great, too. I've always preferred to beat people into crit.

I will probably play a few rounds on newstation later this week. Catch you fellas there.

HUENK

Is that real ?

Real as it gets.This is the state of autism station.

I'm curious about who found the RD and CE brain dead in the showroom along with the humiliated corpse of a post-op chick in a maid outfit.

havent played in several months, are 8ch stations still dead?

I miss 20+ player rounds, but im not willing to play on goon/tg/ect

Newstation had 20 the other day but it's been ~10 or less since then unfortunately.

If that was true, there's be a screenshot gloating about it. It's fake.

Wait for the weekend, that's when we have 20+ player rounds.

Hello koriath

What do you think this accomplishes? He'll wait for weekend, join and see 12 players and leave anyway because it's not 20+.
Might as well be honest now and not waste his time.

>Lizardman anal vore

real talk
bigslice you're the new head so you need to seriously come up with a plan to revitalize numbers

Hi koriath

So I managed to log and enter the Newshit. Proceed to explore and learn the ui. Get myself locked inside a room. Learn to use screwdriver and pliers and manage to die electrocuted.

Rubber gloves are your friend.

What day in the weekend do most people get on? Sat or Sun? I've been joining more during weeknights and usually see 5~7 people connected, but maybe 3 or 4 ingame.

You wandered into EVA storage which was a high security room that was left open for some reason.
I was the one who closed the shutters to trap you in. I was wondering why you weren't saying anything when you were stuck in there even when asked directly. I'm surprised there was someone new enough to not know how to use the radio. As far as getting out goes. Having killed the APC (power for the room), you could have crowbarred the airlocks or the shutters open. Don't mess with the atmos/air controls nor the airlocks if you dont have gloves/multitool

Why don't Hate and New merge?

because the problem with hate is gidgud and gitgud alone

It has to do with the reason why New was made in the first place.
Gitgud was just kinda being a shit to everyone and calling everyone cattle and saying that we don't matter.
That is, up until New was made, then he got scared shitless and started trying to get players back by sucking dicks.

Because we don't want the shit administration on hate. Duh.

it's literally just 0ak and BigSlice (occasionally)

this
no one wants to deal with gitgud anymore. and he has this weird way of worming his way back into things. and what with akesson borrowing the server, and providing it for hate hosting, he doesn't need to worry about serb rental since akesson's friend just owns it and does nothing with it (i think thats how it goes). and i'm sure as long as that serb is around for hate purposes there's going to be a trio of homos in here pretending hate is a real alternative to the community and posting the address, fucking with the wiki and posting about it in the threads.

I'm all for a unified playerbase but that's kind of the issue right now.

Hate's administration, mate.
Not New's.

Ow, sorry

What's this aboot the wiki being changed?

You guys need help.

It's just a game.
Just like life, nothing is off limits and were all gonna be losers eventually so might as well have fun

okay am going back to hell and into the bosom of my girlfriends sweet tits

Can't do that when someone called gitgud, conspiring with someone called koriath, are out there making sure all fun is forbidden and only memes and tumblr garbage is allowed.

There's no grand conspiracy out to destroy SS13 or anyone's fun, for all the shit I've caused it's never been a part of some concerted effort to ruin everything. Koriath taking shit when he was the voice of reason against my own delusions is also pretty shitty, if there's anyone else who's stuck his neck out for you guys, it's him.

The reality you'll have to confront even with me out of the picture is that people who do shitty things and shitty decisions aren't always cardboard villains out to destroy everything you love. Sometimes it's just a product of a misguided belief or a religious conviction. Sometimes people just do stupid shit with the belief that it's for the best. Sometimes what we face in our enemies and rivals isn't the incarnation of evil, but the subtler realities of human nature and a different set of morals.

I just want things to get better. I wanted to confront the side of the problems with Hate that I understood, but in the process alienated the part that I didn't. I don't understand community, and Kael's departure left me to a role I didn't get and still struggle with. On a basic level, without any sort of grand explanation, I have difficulties communicating my intents and beliefs that alienate or frustrate others. Combined with an inherent stubbornness and contrariant personality, it was the perfect storm of bullshit that left everyone frustrated and nobody satisfied.

It's not an excuse for how far I pushed things, especially when people who knew better warned me. But maybe it's an explanation.

Recovery doesn't entail closing Hate or New, and it doesn't entail merging servers. Nothing about Hate existing keeps NewStation from persisting and doing whatever it wants to do, and vice versa. An actual recovery just involves people being interested in the game again, and everything comes to pass from that. The reality is that whatever ratios we believe about HateStation or NewStation's populations, a lot of people are just frustrated with SS13 and/or the incessant infighting and drama that's surrounded it. Combined, we still don't match up with the numbers we had months ago.

The gameplay itself has burnt people, and all of the discussion about who's server is the best ignores the reality that some people might just be bored of SS13. We need to recognize that the game needs to evolve in some way to bring some new experiences to the table. The trouble is figuring out how to mitigate the conformity costs of getting enough people behind the bigger changes. That's something I've clearly failed to grasp. It's something that requires leadership and understanding of the situation from a person that may no longer be among us.

I just want to play spessmen again. But I don't really know how to make things better, and while I think BigSlice is doing the best he can in his own right he doesn't have the whole solution either. It's too much to ask of him.

Also I don't really recall the details but tripcodes are broken, right?

ur moms broken, by my dik

Yeah, nah.

Add knight armor

I explicit stated there's a lot I fucked up. In fact, a good majority I did. But there's also a number of players just tired of the game. Not everything's about covering my ass, the later is also something that I should've figured out how to address.

Just go ahead and try to explain how every single time an alt station appears, hate userbase drops to 0 for the entire length of the alt stations' life, and the alt station sees a pretty large playerbase for a while, always much higher than what hate has had for weeks before the new station's opening. Go ahead. I'm waiting.

Some things that would refresh players, would be adding new things in space. Or to interest players in exploring the station and beyond.

Another major thing about ss13 is learning and discovering new things. You could possible add a new chemical, or add more objects that you can interact with.
These are just that things that would drag me back into ss13.

Exploring Spider-Clan's HQ would be cool, fighting off Space Ninjas and shit to get rare loot.

this is isn't the githud so you're just going to get ignored by gitgud

Yeah getting loot from other areas, was a real bal for me. I just wish most of it wasn't so useles.

I can explain that part.

Whenever a new station is made, it's usually because Hate fucked up in some detail. Some players will leave Hate for other stations until the problem is fixed and when they see another Holla Forums station, might as well check on it.

The increase in population you see tends to be the creepy fucks that are banned for a good reason from Hate that enjoy the new station as an oportunity to grief again. After a while, either the new station bans them or their usual players get tired of the grief, but either way their population goes back down to 5-6 players again.
Those few players that leave the new station join Hate, see 5-6 players as well and leave for more populated stations since there's no reason to stick with any Holla Forums station at that point.

This has been how the cicle went the last times. It doesn't stop or break at all unless something different is introduced in this system. Hate once saw about 15 different players logging in a night, but since they all came at different times and saw 5 players top, they all left the moment they joined.

The only thing in every cycle that managed to correct this was the addition of something new that others servers did not add that picked up their interest. One of those times was the alien races at round start that were pretty much exclusive to Hate, since everywhere else it's either humans only or furry shit.

I wouldn't mind roundstart races as long as they aren't furry shit or special snowflake lizardpeople.

Plasmamen best race.

This is quite possibly the worst idea possible. I don't want to sound offensive to you, but that's the truth.
Whenever a piece of content is added to the game, you're gonna get a few 3-5 rounds where you're just trying to figure it out and those will be fun. But after that, it's boring and the same shit.
Unless the coders keep adding new things in a constant basis (leading to feature bloat) this is at best a very temporary solution.

Content that's easy to understand but interacts with as many things and players as possible is a better sugestion, since it can be used in many different ways and it's how you use it, not if you use it, that makes it fun.

stop being nigger everyone. just hop on newstation and play goys

Sure, but most folk what left left because you made shit unplayable or otherwise left a bad taste in their mouths.

Shit your right.
Could new areas be considered something major, it wouldn't be anything you would have to learn. It would more of a fun little side game where you can explore and loot.

And would something like clothing maker be something major. I think it would be fun, creating your own clothing and sharing it throughout the crew.

What a """"convenient"""" explanation koriath. Loving every laugh!

Sometimes truth is convenient. I was here to see most of those cycles and I'm just recalling what I saw happening.

what we need is a new map but no one wants to actually do it so I did the next best thing and ms painted one

ok

You think it's easy to just make a new map fgt?

None of these ever got a following as big as new's.

no I don't think it's easy, if it was easy I'd do it

Hello I am of stupid person but want to of gettings into being robots.
How can be cute little robot while of being stupid?
Also engineering is cool

Altstation did, I believe.
But the difference was, Alt merged with Hate due to git's badgering and bribery.

Altstation got 20 players.
Firestation got 25.
Nobody is forcing you to post, if you don't know the server history, you can just not talk about it and leave this stuff to people that actually played back then.

There is the matter of that it isn't due to Gitgud's reasons. He claimed people got bored.
If people got bored, why would they move to a different server that has the same exact system in place?

Lad, are you seriously now trying to silence me due to my goldfish memory?
Odds are I've been playing on ss13 serbs longer than you've been shilling for one.

bots are easy

meds bots are
one left cyborg arm then empty medbox then medical analyzer then proxy sensor

floor bots are
empty toolbox then 10 floor tiles then one left cyborg arm then proxy sensor

clean bot are
bucket then proxy sensor then left cyborg arm

butt bots are
a butt then cyborg arm

secbots are
remote singling device then helmet then weld them then proxy sensor then one left cyborg arm then a stub baton

ED-209s
cyborg endoskeleton then metal sheets then cyborg legs then body armour then weld it together then a helmet then proxy sensor then add wires then a hybrid taser then screw it together then add a power cell

protips befoer you finish your bot if you write with a pen on any part you can name it whatever you want

pro pro tip once they're made turn them off unlock them, set their settings, lock them again, open the doors and just turn them all on again, doing this will mean that they don't sit there like an idiot because they can't follow their patrol paths

I was so dumbfounded I forgot to take a screenshot of my autistic magnum opus before it went up in smoke.

Actually we don't share a codebase, Merege forked off Zaer's old stuff.

I've already stated it's a part of the problem, not the entirety of it. A solid majority of this stems from my actions. But I worsened an already present problem.

writing all that up gave me an idea though

all bots follow one patrol path, could it be made so that you can make patrol paths for bots instead? give them multiple paths so that when they can't follow one path they try another one

You're implying they all moved to the new server when it popped up but that's not true. They left both servers and either joined larger ones or stopped playing SS13 for some time.

How dramatic.

banning science when

So you're saying that the reason why newstation is gettin players and hatestation isn't getting a sgle one is that people are not in fact going to newstation? Wow, I've learned something incredible today! It feels like I'm just that much closer to unraveling the secrets of the universe now. Thanks koriath!

How do you make a new map? I want to make one, but I don't know even where to get started.

I want to have a map, that has a timer standard, like you're on a space ship, and traveling to a location, so games only ever last like an hour or two, unless you abort before that, and so the defacto mission becomes "Survive for X time."

I think it would be cool to make a big space ship, instead of a station, but I don't know if that's in the code.

use dreammaker that's in the directory of beyond

what happened to barotrauma?

Bot path is based on nav beacons which are across the station. Currently, the only thing you can do wit the beacons is to select the next destination by name, and to set the current beacon's name. No multipath, and no hijacking to send other signals such as summon or turn off.

Holy shit, I can't make heads or tales of this, I was thinking it would be a simple map editor, but I can't even figure out how to fucking import the tiles to lay out a pretty design of cocks. How the fuck does this thing work?

all I can do for you

thanks mate

Download the game from github.

er, gitgud.
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation

Fuck off shill

What?

FUCKING SHITTERS

no…!

So what you are saying is, Newstation's population is entirely new people, which is even better since it means that we're once again attracting others to the game?

Don't feel too bad, I fell victim to my own bombs, mang

All that work undone by a bored nig.
It was fun.

That is so fucking metal

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS STEAL STUFF GOD DAMN NIGGA YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO ESCAPE
wew

forgot second pic

You are lucky, I saved a screenshot in case I wanted to build something similar.

I WAS IN THE ZONE YOU PIECE OF SHIT MY WISH YOU FUCKED MY WISH

Hey man you gotta earn a greentext for it to feel gud.

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT MEMETEXT WITH ONLY ONE PEOPLE IN THE STATION FUCK OFF

:^)

MY FUCKING SIDES NIGGA

What makes a good clown in your opinion? I feel like clowns are often just greyshits in a different outfit, so what kind of stuff have clowns done in your experience that has been funny and/or creative?

When they die a funny way I always lol

I remember one time the clown lubed an obvious strip in the main hallway, but in a way that ensured you only slipped in it once, then went around. The end result was a bunch of people treating it like a slide, and sliding back and forth on it just for the fun of watching themselves slide several squares.

Still not fully sure what made this fun rather than annoying as fuck, but people had a lot of fun with it for some reason.

Putting on a performance, the sort of thing you hear about even while you're off on your own in science or engineering.

That reminds me, I remember hearing about another one, though this didn't happen to me.

Basically, the clown spent the shift "campaigning" to be voted the new captain (despite being repeatedly told it doesn't work that way), and did shit like handing out flyers and holding a press conference in the chapel. People started going with it because why not, but when sec came and beat his ass at the press conference they lost their shit and started a legit mutiny over it, and eventually the station ended up with the two newly-declared rogue factions of Assistia (because greytide) and the clown's political supporters. If I remember correctly, they both ended up burning down after sec killed both their leaders.

20 players on the weekend they said.

7-8 players was the reality.

I don't see the benefit NewStation sees in inflating their numbers.

I wish I saved a picture of that, in retrospect.
Good times.

Ever played Dota back when Garena was a thing? People would put bots in there so it looked 9/10, ready for a game to start. Then slowly remove them as people joined until there was actually 10 people there.
SS13 does not have bots, of course, but the idea is to elude people into thinking there's actually a lot of people, you just gotta wait for them to come. And if you can trick 15 people, then it's true so nobody cares, right?

Hilarious.

Remind me again why I'm the one buttdevastated? :^)