Does anyone else feel guilty about "cheating" at a game?

Does anyone else feel guilty about "cheating" at a game?

I fucking hate this shit.

Git Gud then

I AIN'T NO BITCH, GAME

If I'm sucking ass in a section of a game I just try to take a break and come back to it later, I'm too prideful and I would feel like shit if I needed help to clear a section of a game.

Thats what Im TRYING to do, user. Which is why I hate being asked that.

The "do you want to be a fucking casual?" button discourages players who are not gud from gitting gud by giving them an option to beat the game without being gud. Games need true endings hidden behind hard mode again.

Youre channeling the anger wrong. You should take the promt as a challenge, you should never want to see it. So you git gud enough to never see it and you show the game who is in control.

I used cheat engine to give myself 99 cracked blue eye orbs in DS2 becuase I didnt want to grind summons and duels for them

I didnt feel bad at all because I gave a bunch of sinners exactly what they deserved and it was probably the most fun I had with DS2 aside from Invading people in the abyss

Never. In fact, I won't play any games that don't let the player cheat.

This meme has to stop.

I wasn't really cheating, but after I caught Rayquaza with the Master Ball in Ruby I felt so cheap that I didn't want to use one ever again.

You cheated yourself

I only cheat after I have been beaten the game/to skip grind.
For example, in dork souls 1 I used to cheat to give myself infinite titanite for my PvP characters since I had already beaten the game thrice by then.

that is not how it works, you fucking nigger!

Eh, after I best the Elite 4 I kinda stopped playing very soon after due to the lack of post-game. When I caught Rayquaza it was actually several years later because I was telling a friend how I never found him and he showed me where it was.

Why the fuck are you worried about this? Do you still think we're in the 90s or something?

Fuck that shit. That's the fucking worst.

This is the optimal means of both experiencing a good game and breaking it wide-open with silly bullshit, without either compromising the other, and yet so few people do it.

What game?

Normally I just use cheats to dick around with them, like starting Deus Ex with full augs and infinite biopower. Aside from that, I only use cheats if they'd make the game more fun.

By that I mean if the game is a horrible grind-fest that becomes fun when all the damage is increased, or something like that, then i'll do it. Usually not on a first playthrough though,

Halo: Reach firefight with 300% damage and 15% health and no shields is really fun though, for realism reasons.

It becomes less realistic when you snipe and destroy tanks with the DMR though.

Devil May Cry 4.

Felt so good

it doesn't count as cheating if it's multiplayer- at least, not cheating you should feel guilty for

Shitty games like these is why geimu gyoukai is doomed

I'm assuming you mean RB;1, which means you could have probably avoided all that grinding by just using life rings + buffs/debuffs + HDD mode.
No that is correct, arena fights don't game over. It was an event fight that you chose from the event menu.

HDD unavailable for the neptune fight, no matter how much I buffed, crafted, or switched my inventories or party up I couldn't beat them and I thought that fight would be "enough" to get me past that ridiculous healing

I know why it game overed, it just seemed lazy considering it's an S rank fight you can get from like the beginning of the game (guessing sponsored DLC is free). It should take less to script in a little unique game loss than it should to model (import?) a new sword

Anyway, I'm more mad about how easy they made it to cheese the game accidentally than the game in general (though it's pretty shitty, it'd've been like 2/3x better if they wrote some item descriptions or some crap)

If you think a game is shit adding flavor text to everything isn't going to change your opinion. It could be that you just don't think its a good game.

I don't cheat unless I feel the devs are throwing unfair bullshit at me as an attempt at being hard.

Nobody is preventing you from redoing it legit, which you should if you're starting to ask yourself those kind of question.

I do the opposite. Use cheats to get through a game the first time.
If I fall in love with it, I go through again without cheats.
It really filters out the chaff because a good game stays good even with cheats.

And by cheats I mean shit like increase XP gain and shit, not literally "Can't die, all powers, infinite powerjuice." I wanna actually play the game.

Only time I've ever done that was with Razors Edge. The development team made the mistake of thinking that adding endless waves of enemies with way to much life made the game hard, instead, it made the whole thing tedious. What's worse is when that's what the entire game consisted of

These normal enemies also had auto dodge and block which makes dealing with them take even more time. The worst was when they decided to throw multiple bosses at you and you had to have the patience to dodge all their moves perfectly, then widdle away at their health.

I have never beaten a game in such disgust.

How can you have trouble with Yakuza 2?
Its not even a bit challenging with how OP Kazuma gets.

It was primarily because they copied the Dragon Sword design philosophy which got amazing reviews despite being a shit game.

GO PAIN MODE OR GO HOME

All you had to do was realise not to drop him to the floor and you would have won.

It has been a while since I played it but I remember it being pretty mediocre. I guess without Itagaki they really had no direction.

never cheated on online but on single players constantly, fucking around in grand theft auto san andreas using built in or external cheats is fun for instance

I miss actual cheats in games, now we don't have them because of fucking achievements.

I never felt bad for using them. Keep in mind that I grew up in the 8-bit and 16-bit era and some of those games were fucking sadistic. When I used things like the Game Genie, it made me feel like I was getting back at those asshole programmers.

I was like "Suck on that you fucking cockfags for making this hard-ass game!"

I'm currently just playing through Xenoverse with a female saiyan beam spammer, looking up guides for the best power drops just so I can dodge all the grind it throws at you.

Then I'll likely play it again normally or something, once I've got all I need unlocked. I feel no guilt over this, because it does become a ridiculous grind at times even with infinite beams constantly shooting out of your vagina. The idea of doing some of the missions I've already done but with a normal moveset is scary, especially doing them 12 times over just for the skill I want.

first time i fought flamelurker in demons souls he got stuck in the environment and i poked him to death and felt a bit bad, fought him fair plenty of other times though

in dark souls 3 the second time i fought the final boss, he insta-died and didn't go into his second form for some reason , but i've beaten him fair other times so i don't feel bad about it anymore

Depends on the game, if it's just a grindfest I'll cheat to remove the grind after I have already finished it once. Other than that I only use fun cheats because they are fun .

you dont have to get angry at the promp. but at yourself to have being shamed on seeing it again.

I just did in Thief Gold, using the end level cheat because I got sick of being stuck in one of its labyrinthine levels and not knowing where I was thanks to its shit ass map.

Not really, especially in racing games where there's no damage from collisions like GT.

Everytime a race begins and the first corner comes, I just slide-slam into the 3rd-4th placers and in the second corner I slam into the 1st car and take the lead.

Which level? I think the only level I would think of using a level skip in Thief would be The Lost City.

There are few things any game can possibly do that makes me mad as this. Suggesting I switch to a lower difficulty? Fine. Automatically changing difficulty? HATE. If I'm actually so frustrated I want things to be easier that should be my choice.

On the flip side, on the very rare occasion games make things harder when you do better, I don't like that either. My performance should have nothing to do with how hard the game is either way. I don't want to be pitied for doing poorly and making things harder because you're doing better is just punishing you for being good.

The Haunted Cathedral

On Forza 2 there was a New York track that had a hard left turn which required you to slow down to about 45 to take it without crashing and every single time I had the damage off I would juat turn my car 90 degrees sideways and slam right into thay motherfucker going like 190

Depends. I will feel a little shameful if I cheat because of my inadequacies as a player, being unable to complete challenges that i know I could do if I just get a little better at the game, but there are other instances in which the developers have zero sense of difficulty scaling where it spikes up dramatically out of fucking nowhere that I have no remorse in the act. There's also shit like GTA, where the cheats are just fun to use in general.

Not as much bad, more of like feeling like a bitch