Devil May Cry 5

Its happening, friends

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/05/17/capcom-looking-to-possibly-bring-back-old-franchises/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dropped

I heard that was just something to do with the new DMC Pachinko machine, but I dunno how true that is.

LET THE NIGGA CRY

Remember that Dexters Lab episode where Dexter has to round up different versions of himself? They should do that but with Dante.

Except when they call on Donte he just shouts "FUCK YOU" and all the other Dantes are just like "Fine, you'll never be in another game anyway, lets just go get Nero instead".

But he also directed 3 and 4, user. You know, the only good ones.

Fuck, I don't even like Nero. He's basically a Dante clone but not as cool. I hope the next one involves some kind of companionship between Dante and Vergil.

That would just make me angry.

It's just more pachinko shit.

hownew.ru?

He could be good if they pretend Kyrie doesn't exist and give him more weapons and some character conflict

That sounds amazing

that was for a pachinko machine.

I still can't believe that fellow DMCfags continually fall for the Capcom is making DMC5 meme.

Capcom is gonna keep milking you fans to death.

Grow some balls faggots.

It'd be funnier if he came along and learned how to be an alright guy

Imagine, a donte character arc where he becomes less of a douche

You fucking dipshit, he saved dmc2 from being even worse than it was and then knocked it out of the park with 3&4, though Crapcom rushed 4, hence it being somewhat unfinished

I think thats what they tried to do later in DmC but he was still a douche.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

DMC japanese VA's vary in several degrees of fail and awesome

I heard the english voices in all the segments I could hear anything at all.

Fucking cancer machines.

i played one of these games and got pissed off at flying things in a dank dungeon which seemed to go on forever

then i beat 4 and i only remember THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

>>>/cuckchan/

Someone post the DMC4 keyboard webm and the Creedo bossfight with the taunts and spear throw webm.

MY DICK CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER

Bullshit, dmc 1 is the 2nd best dmc. It had the best fist weapon. please have ifrit in dmc 5.

I'm ready

That franchise has been dead since the crapathon that was DMC 4.

As for DmC, it, for all its faults, had some ridiculously good level design and aesthetics.

>second best
nigguh, nuh uh
but I do agree, Ifrit over Gilga-copy and paste-mash

I thought he was already on suicide watch after Capcom denounced his game as an alternate universe after everyone got tired of his shit and it flopped?

I hear he at least killed his twatter because of it.

FUCK NO

I'd rather Donte again than seeing that whiny faggot anywhere near DMC ever again.

mfw

Tameme please go

its okay tameem, maybe they'll reference donte and hollow vorgil

Or the can reference Dino Vorgil.

It's going to be pachinko machine.
Screencap this.

Here you go Tameme

>>>/reddit/

Can they get Ghanaian Dante too

No Kamiya no buy.

You mean the movie?

Fuck off fag.
Kamikaze was only involved with DMC1.

Itsuno was the one that gave us the best ones.

He also gave us the worst one.

The only reason it wasn't even worse was because of him.
I bet you also thought Kamiya was involved with the other ones besides DMC1 right?

Learn2vidgyahistory

But maybe you'd prefer for DMC to become a QTEfest like Kamiya's games.

Oh neat I can't wait for DMC pachinko by
FUCKING KONAMI

I want to see what Kamiya would do with his old games given the chance. You can't even say you're interested in what it would be like?

It's dead.

Fanboying for Kamiya like this is stupid, especially when you're thinking that he's the only guy who mattered in DMC's development. Based on how Platinum's been, if Kamiya were to touch on DMC again or make DMC5, he would just make a reskinned Bayonetta 2.5, and generally I wouldn't want a DMC game to feel more like Bayonetta instead of furthering what it already has.

Itsuno's team shouldn't be considered the B-team's Kamiya. He worked on DMC2 but he worked on 3 and 4, and 2 shouldn't take precedence over 3 and 4 when the latter two are more recent.

Don't you dare let me down you sons of bitches

If only. I wanted Vergilsaurus to be real so badly.

You won't be.
There's your game.

Oh. I-I was only pretending! Ha ha, you were tricked! Kill me soon

I know he's really popular on Holla Forums, but if there's one characteristic about Kamiya's designs (and also every Platinum Game), it's something like QTEs, button tapping prompts, both with a higher degree of obligation to complete than any equivalent that's occured in Devil May Cry.

Even then I don't think it's a good idea in the first place.

If anything this just goes to show that it doesn't matter who directs it, capcom is unreliable as fuck.

Oh So I take it the general consensus is that Holla Forums hates it? I finally just got around to playing it and I enjoy it for the most part. My complaints are the "platforming" segments, they literally add nothing to the game. And the game is pretty easy, I'm doing my dmd run right now and getting ss or sss on every mission first try.

Is he seriously doing the dab? Fuck off with that nigger shit!

Are you retarded?

Looks like the dab to me.

It's just the typical sentai nip hero pose.

This is the dab or whatever it's called.

Pretty close to the dab but I guess it's not since his head is no looking down.

Has that not been every DMC game so far? At its core, the series is guns, swords, and edgy music. I don't play DMC for the story because it's usually shallow and stupid.

I already said that the game is piss easy so that addresses a bunch of points.

Alright I'll give you that. It's definitely annoying to not be able to really pick targets in some of the clusterfuck fights.

And as far as technicals go, I suppose I can agree there too.

Anyone else felt like this?

Wtf are you about?
What makes something edgy is self-seriousness, DMC is renowned for the fact that it takes itself with levity by being "cuhrayzee"

How is video related edgy?

It's not just being able to lock-on to enemies, having a lock-on system enabled you to have directional inputs, when they took that out the move-list decreased 3-fold.

Sure it's not the main appeal of the series and there's generally silly scenes that pull the most attention, but shallow and stupid doesn't really describe the stories of 1 and 3.

Here's your reply.
3/10 Apply yourself.

That made me remember that Rumble Roses XXX will never happen. Talking about that, I wish Konami would sell Rumble Roses to Tecmo Koei, so they could put some of their women inside Rumble Roses or the Rumble Roses crew inside Dead or Alive. Tina vs Dixie never ever.

Why is Japan that much interested in pachinko bullshit?

XX sucked, bro. I got it for less than $10, and I still feel ripped off. That game reeked of disc-locked content…which I bought some of it like a dumb-ass.

Why are Ebony and Ivory such shit in DMC4?

I just played the first one, so I don't feel that bad.

Consolation prize, Konami's probably going to suffer for jumping ship to pachinko. Japam's passed some laws that made SNK(of king of fighters fame) to go back into vidya and make KoF and Metal Slug games.

get good faggot

Still waiting for a Metal Slug that we play as the instructors from all the previous games.

I don't agree with him either, but I can somewhat see something that hurts the accessibility of DMC isn't the difficulty of the game itself (as Capcom seems to think), but an expectation to be woo'd by the action and animations instead of expecting to be responsible for playing the game in an impressive way. Hence, dense posts that could either be bait or a sincere thought.

Additionally new players don't really understand the utility of guns, I suppose since they're judging weapons by damage only.

If someone isn't willing to make the effort then fuck them.

That's how you filter normalfags and casuals, if they'd rather press one button and straight away be blown away by how OP they are… instead of Git Gud and be able to pull off crazy shut then why should I care?

You didn't miss much. Unlocking everything was a total bitch and a half, and matches were way too abysmal to justify the effort to unlock stuff.

Fun fact: IGN made a guide on unlocking the characters and costumes, asking the developers for help. They were being dicks to IGN by giving them little or no information at all.

Why exactly are three of these a problem? PC version looks gorgeous.

I totally loved that scene when I was 14. I also used to listen to Korn and Linkin Park unironically.

The whole uncaring and unserious attitude that half of 3 gives off is all part of the edgy persona that makes all the preteen boys cream themselves.
The other half is angst associated with Virgil.

I never played 4 much, but out of the original 3 it seemed that 3 was the only one which even tried the whole "self-aware" thing. 1 was pure edge, and 2 was pure shit.

I love the series, but to claim that it's not edgy as fuck is just silly.

Smh tbh fam

That's because you were a faggot edgelord.
Stop projecting your insecurities on to others.

I was well aware of how dumb it all was, I wasn't think "Oh man wow this is fucking ebin bro", I was laughing the whole way through the game over how dumb, over-the-top and "cuhrayzee" the whole thing was, it was extremely entertaining seeing just how far they would take it.

I bet you also thought Bayonetta was "edgy" you retard.

0/10

honestly trish is the best character. I was super hype for lady but she's "charge guns - the character" and all interesting shit gets lost the moment you switch a weapon.

Vergil is great when you have infinite DT but if you don't he's just a slower dante that can fire guns when he feels like it.

Trish just shits out hitboxes and it's great

It's okay to like edgy things, user. I won't judge you.

You would know wouldn't you?
Seeing as you like DmC.

I first played DMC3 in my late teens so what I saw was an initially apathetic guy trying to pull off a cool stunt, but normally screwing up or having something silly happen afterwards. So in that regard, I think the reboot missed the point when it comes to that aspect of DMC3 Dante's character.

There were different characters each with their own goals that conflicted with one another, with one NPC being more understandably involved and committed to the situation than the player character. And later on, Dante having a change of heart with how he sees the situation. It wasn't really explained in DMC3 why Vergil wanted power, but it could be inferred by how Dante lost his family to demons (which I don't really recall the game going into much detail about it).

There's definitely content in Devil May Cry that edgy preteens like, but it's not the only thing to the stories and neither does it mean stupid or shallow.

I don't think you know what self-awareness is or that you possess any, seeing as you think that Dante riding a motorcycle up a vertical wall and using it like a nun-chuck is edgy and/or serious

Is there a MEGA link or magnet for the DMC games on PC?

Didn't MEGA fall into the hands of the feds?

Well I'll give you that. I wasn't really thinking when I said that one. I more so was just thinking about 1 when I said that it was shallow and stupid. In hindsight 3 was definitely fairly deep as far as video game stories went in general, but it's just not something I thought about so much because of how many times I've played through it.

But I'll still say that the game has a huge edge factor, it's just that the game has a lot more going for it.

I'll get back to playing the first one and second in order but so far it's still only one button to swing your sword/powergloves and the only thing that changes the attack is when you you time the same button in certain ways.

Fuck off, i didn't say i expected to be woo'd read my post again. I expected the combat to be better than MGR which so far it hasn't impressed me at all. So how would a new player learn how to be cool and gud by just picking up and playing it without having heard about the game? Going in it feels barebones in the combat besides the dodging.

I don't know about that. A magnet link then?

I got a buddy who says the exact same shit. He honestly says that MGR is the best hack and slash ever made thus far, and all character in the games are just cringe worthy shits.
The nail in the coffin for me however was when he said DMC dmc was literally the best game from a story standpoint, in which he told me Dante becomes a better character than anything from the ps2 era. He also didn't like ZOE2 when I showed it to him because
I agree with him on everything but Devil May Cry.
Also at what point does DMC4 expect you to have all the proud souls you need? Seriously I'm on my third playhrough and there is still things I'm missing / maybe have and don't know how to use.

why isnt there more hentai of lady? the world needs more hentai of lady

when I first played the game, it took me three playthroughs

then afterwards when I replayed from scratch I had everything in one playthrough.

but fuck that, get debug mode/cheat engine and just give yourself everything, the game is nearly a decade old and half the fun is just having all the skills.

Streakless Snatchless Nero and Dante with one weapon is just the worst

Yeah. Any suggestions for that? Or could I just modify the save file?

Just search for a 100% save, there's plenty of them and it's literally drag and drop.

Just to show you how much of a retarded nigger you are.
There's no dodging button in DMC, there's something called a style button and you can customise that and even upgrade each specific style.

There's a variety of Devil Arms which you can change on the fly and all of them have a variety of different moves you can use(lock-on is very important because you need to put different inputs for different moves, there's more moves in DMC than MGR), the guns are just there so you can air trick and extend your combos.

This isn't even getting into jump cancelling, combo cancelling, Devil Trigger…

You're a fucking retard user, the only way you'd be unaware of all this is if you're either a mongoloid or you purposefully went out of your way to not learn anything and didn't pay attention.

Kill yourself.

There was a playthrough on YouTube where someone beat DMD using only the most basic skills and no upgrades.

It'd just expect the skills that aren't buyable, and at the point where the player would have unlocked the skills anyways e.g Nero fights Sanctus after Mssion 2. A Blitz doesn't show up for Nero until before Mission 8 on Normal or Devil Hunter.

The Bloody Palace stage with 2 Blitz as Nero with only basic skills and DT would be really time inefficient though.

I think you got those mixed up.

I would watch that video but i don't want to spoil anything for myself.
In the first game hold R1 and press X i think to make him dodge. I learned that while fighting that faggot magma spider.

wat

Yes but in DMC3 you've got a Style button, this completely changes the game.
And that's just scratching the surface.

Watch this video.

If you're willing to put the time you'll see how high the skill ceiling is.

And don't forget to upgrade your weapons and styles.

The law was to make gambling legal

i give that gameplay credit, the player got his timings down.

the repetitive attacks and total lack of flair kills it though.

been a while since i played DMC4, i remember there being at least a omnibus worth of combos which we don't get to see here.

There's people like donguri, but he's a bit too much.
That user didn't even know what styles were, he'd have no idea of what's going on on-screen.

FUCK YOU

Fucking Itsuno you know you wanna make another Powerstone please make both

Yea i'm upgrading as i go. I'm going to play DMC 1 again today

That looks cool, so should i really just skip DMC1 then? Is the combat only adored after DMC2?

DMC3 and DMC4 are where the combat more or less reached its apex, styles changed the very nature of the game and for the better. DMC3 introduced styles, DMC4 introduced being able to change between styles at-will.

No. DMC 1 is great, but for different reasons. It's absolutely dripping in atmosphere, and the hardest one out of all of them. Though if you go from 3 to 1 you may find that the combat feels a bit sluggish in comparison which is what adds to the difficulty, and if you want a good run in hard or dmd knowing where secrets are is pretty much mandatory.
I'd say skip 2 enyirely, not 1.

tl:dr

Ugh. That is such a sexist image…

What happened to "gross"? I'm sure a few months ago every feminist was using that word.

I had an argument on twitter yesterday with a guy who said this same shit.

I did realize that you could press buttons at different times to do different moves because it was done in MGR. How is anyone supposed to know about jump cancelling when they start playing the game.

I'm the user that ended up having to explain some stuff to the other user.

I also had an argument a couple of months ago over the combat in DMC3(a friend was playing through all the games).

Have gamers just become casul or am I being too harsh with calling them retarded for not being able to pick up this stuff?

I grew up with these games so maybe I'm more used to it, I honestly don't know anymore.

That aside.
It's not just about timing, check your combo menu.

You'll realise that attacks also have directional inputs, that's why the lock-on system R1 is so important.

Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe I was being a bit unfair with the jump canceling bit.

MGR's combat works way differently. It uses a Dial-A Combo system, in which specific attacks depend on you inputting a string of button commands in a certain order.

DMC uses directional inputs, in which specific attacks depend on what direction you're moving in. Pressing the attack button whilst moving backwards will make you launch enemies in the air. Pressing it whilst moving forwards will cause you to thrust towards an enemy. This is only scratching the surface, and doesn't even get into pause combos and rapid combos.

I like this. I thought the lock on was just to activate the dodging. I enjoy crazy games so i expected DMC to be more fast paced so i was a little disappointed when it seemed like a mash attack game

You grew up with these while i grew up with RTS and platformers.

By opening the manual and getting to page 17 (first games manual) and reading the section about jumping.

God damn you're retarded.

Its because 'muh instant gratification' and lack of knowledge or ability to learn

Shitters don't know any better and will actively resist from getting shown the light

Some of you guys are cool, especially who ever posted that DMC 3 tutorial, I've been looking for that.

To be fair, those webm's aren't a good example to use here, since they aren't from the vanilla game. He's still a pleb for not understanding the basics of the game though.

That looks cool, i can't wait to figure out how to do that.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
What you are doing is the difference between some kid beating on a dummy with a wooden sword and another kid seeking the tutelage of a master to impart techniques that represent hundreds of manhours of practice.
Yes, you don't want to get good.

I don't know how to respond to this post. I've never thought i'd see the day someone on Holla Forums defended looking up guides. Playing a single player game and learning how to swing a weeb sword are two different things.
It's also beside the point. My original post was complaining that the combat isn't good or fun to play at all since the presents you with button mash enemies and bosses. In God Hand you have to git gud or not progress at all and continue getting stomped but in Devil may Cry you aren't forced to learn how to become an autist like the videos being posted.
Also

If you can get to this level of play all on your own just by playing the game, then good on you, I wish I had your skills.
Plebs like me, on the other hand, need a little bit of instruction to pull this kind of shit off. You don't need to be this good to beat the higher difficulties, but the initial difficulty is basically a tutorial anyway. Come back and tell us about difficulty when you've unlocked DMD mode.

MY NIGGA

Will do, after playing all of them or just the first one? I've heard alot of things about dante must die mode. How does it compare to God Hand Hard mode?

All of them, preferably.
I still gotta play God Hand.

I'm playing it now, It's a great game.

Oh, I have no doubt. It's actually sitting in my PS2 files. Waiting.
You know how backlogs go.

Once you beat it once get ready for hard mode. I can't speak much about Dante must Die mode but i'm confident God Hand while have you pulling your hair out with it's Hard mode.
There are only 2 bullshit bosses in hard mode

Implying you now listen to garbage music "ironically"
You're worse now than you were back then

reroll
go back
try again

I found Hard Mode to be easier than DMC4 in DMD
Maybe it's because I can't git gud with Dante though. He has so many options for everything it just dizzies me, also I can't into claw grip

Had this been posted?
nichegamer.com/2016/05/17/capcom-looking-to-possibly-bring-back-old-franchises/

I thought the 3 amigos were the only bullshit fight. What's the other one?

I assume he means Elvis since his jumpstomp attack becomes almost instantaneous.

DMC1 has a more limited combo capacity sure but it's still damn fun

I'm sorry user, you can't get stylish by reading. Fashion tips sure

it's called fucking practice and getting good. holy shit.
You're treating this as a big obstacle in the way of the game. It's not.
It's something fun you learn on the way.
The whole satisfaction from cuh ray zee games comes from being shit at the start of playing and pulling off sick combos by the end.

You don't need to know every glitch and mechanic to be cuhrayzee. Just how to weapon swap and dodge

the whole issue comes from:
Sure look up guides on the strategies and techniques to get good, but it doesn't MAKE you good.

How do you find that? I thought DMC3's position as hardest was non-debatable.

If they don't use MT framework I'll be extremely disappointed. Still gonna buy it though regardless.

I recall that out of the DMC games, DMC1

So it could be in that way. I don't actually think one is harder than the other since it's still subjective and a rather pointless discussion. Still, I think DMC1's balance with Red Orbs and how unlocking difficulties (then the mission unlock) works is interesting, or more so than the ther games. But I guess if Capcom brought that back from DMC1 to DMC5, it'll annoy the peoople who just want to combo in DMD, with the extra hurdles.