What at monitor do you niggers use? I'm looking for a replacement

what at monitor do you niggers use? I'm looking for a replacement.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Samsung-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-S34E790C/dp/B00Q7VCSGU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=dt-incontent-btn-20&linkId=4ff3b631891bee538cc169da932a5031
displaylag.com/display-database/
lmgtfy.com/?q=XL2730Z specifications
us-store.acer.com/um-fx1aa-001
amazon.com/Samsung-UN40JU7100-40-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00TWFHELW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A13ACIRM091OJE
rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju7100
gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2411z
amazon.com/dp/B00ITORJRQ
store.steampowered.com/app/450540/
store.steampowered.com/app/418650/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466
amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-inch-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00B2HH7G0
amazon.com/Fosmon-HD1832-Intelligent-Switcher-Supports/dp/B008D6YZXG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464545537&sr=1-13&keywords=hdmi splitter
maplin.co.uk/p/benq-xl2720z-27inch-144hz-hd-gaming-monitor-a49nc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The cheapest one I could find

Some shitty Asus monitor i picked up back in 2009, flanked by a couple of 4:3 IBM monitors. shit's 1080p and has a decent response time, never given enough of a fuck to replace the cunt.

wait for oled
i hope it doesnt die

Always something from Dell's Ultrasharp series.

Once you go IPS, TN is 100% unusable with the awful viewing angle and atrocious color representation.

I have an Asus 248QE. Pretty good for the price.

Have fun getting eye cancer from IPS glow while playing dark games or watching dark movies.

BenQ BL2411PT

Some shitty Dell I picked up on sale after my old BenQ died.
Took some time to get used to 16:9 tbh fam.

I've been using various IPS monitors for about 15 years now, too late to go back.

I'm sure I'll have killed myself long before it ever becomes an issue

full hd 60hz

dont have money to burn to keep a 120hz monitor and buy a new bideo card every year just to keep up

amazon.com/Samsung-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-S34E790C/dp/B00Q7VCSGU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=dt-incontent-btn-20&linkId=4ff3b631891bee538cc169da932a5031

If you use NBIDIJA, and you can afford it, I would very highly recommend a G-Sync monitor, it's god damn delicious.

What in the fuck are doing with that TV across the room

I have an Asus VS229. It has a decent price if you want 60Hz and IPS.

i was looking into getting one of the acer 144hz gaming monitors with gsync

Looks pretty slick, but unfortunately too rich for my blood.

Same deal. It sounds like a very good thing, I HATE tearing but would like to not have to deal with vsync either, but those G-Sync monitors are all way more expensive than basically the same thing without G-Sync.

Don't really have room for it anywhere else.
I use a dudebro setup, been using it for years.
and it has fucked up my back real bad

the issue with g sync is that it works game by game. if the game jumps all over the place with FPS like from 60 to 20 then back up to 60 gsync cant save it.

I'm using two 1680x1050 dell displays from 2005. Love them, but they've been showing their age for some time. I believe they are 20".

I want to get a 120hz display and a 10-bit display next. Both at 1080p.

Whaaat? I thought G-Sync meant no more tearing or vsync ever forever end of story. I would think that syncing the screen's refresh with the video card giving it a new frame would work regardless of frame rate as long as they weren't coming in faster than the monitor's maximum refresh rate.

Well, whatever, boo to G-Sync then. Guess not being able to afford a G-Sync monitor doesn't bother me as much now.

27" 1440p 144hz 1ms 10bit freesync ah-va for $200 when

freesync and gsync have ranges that they work in. the range varies from monitor to monitor.

What?
If you have a g-sync monitor, you won't ever get tearing again regardless of framerate, what are you talking about?

34UM95

Pretty sure It doesn't work below 30Hz

The one with the lowest display lag I can find.

Check out this database:
displaylag.com/display-database/

Tell me about gsync, is it the same as vsync as in reduces tearing but you get horrendous input delay?

It doesn't cause delay but it's not as reliable.

It's also proprietary Nvidia-locked shit.

Doesn't work as in the monitor quits functioning at all, or doesn't work as in you get tearing? If it's the later, I can deal with that, if a game starts dropping the frame rate that low with any frequency I ratchet back the settings until it doesn't.

It is my understanding it greatly reduces tearing without the delay of vsync.

As far as I know there's a non-proprietary version that has basically the same results, but Nvidia made sure their cards could only use their own version of it, which of course requires monitors that support their own version of it too.

I'll remember that if I ever decide to get a better screen. the tearing has always annoyed me but the fucking vsync delay just makes me feel nauseous

not true every reviewer talks about the "sweat spot" 40 - 60 fps

it syncs the monitor's refresh rate with the card. but unlike vsync were they are both locked at what ever the monitors max refresh rate is if the card goes slower the monitor will slow its refresh rate down to what ever the FPS

that's why there limits to what it can do. the monitor can't slow down to 10 hz because your card dropped to 10 fps.

BUT the chip it self cost $200 and only works on nvidia cards.

so the same monitor will cost $200 more at the least.

people argue that you could just use the 200 get a faster card so it will lock at 60 .120 .or 144

Just a regular IPS monitor at 1080
Mines pretty neat has auto color and light correction depending on the darkness of the room I'm in and lighting/color ingame

Dont actually know much about the downsides of IPS though anyone got a list?

But by that logic old games that a current card can render circles around wouldn't have tearing either, and I have never found a single game I can play without tearing, even if they're ten or more years old and can get frame rates consistently far into the triple digits. Even with just slightly old games that actually have the option to lock at a certain framerate built-in, and they successfully run at that framerate, I get tearing unless I use vsync.

So yeah, I don't know if I'm cursed to a lifetime of tearing or what, but it seems like it's vsync or tearing, no exceptions regardless of performance or other settings. So I really have no optimism regarding the "use the money for a better card instead" argument. G-Sync delivering is pretty much my only hope for a life without tearing or input lag.

pros

cons

I've been using G-Sync for over a year now, I've played a wide variety of games, old and new, stable and unstable framerate, from a wobbly 30-70 fps to a very solid 120+, never once has G-Sync failed me.

Am I missing something here?

yeah the glow is obnoxious, although but the response time of mine is rarely an issue

Crossover 404K, it's the cheapest 40" 4K resolution monitor I could get.

The ghosting is shit. Color is great. Black levels are definitely better than IPS. Input lag is acceptable. I'm using another DP cable since I heard the ones they come with are shit. Fidelity is great. The DPI is similar to a QNIX 27" QHD monitor I have. I really didn't want to go 4K without bumping up the screen size. Because I got a 40" 4K I don't have to use the shitty DPI scaling on Windows to be able to read text. There are no dead pixels on it or if there are I certainly cannot find them.

I use a 40 inch HDTV 2 feet away from my face on a desk

enjoy buying $1k graphics cards every year to even reach a solid 60fps. 4K is a meme, there is no need for anything higher res than 1080p.

144hz is also a meme, I can barely tell the difference between 144 and 60 fps but graphics cards that can achieve 144fps cost twice as much.

I agree that 4K is absolutely not worth it, but I do like monitors a bit bigger than 1080p.

Also, monitors with higher refresh rates are less likely to tear, so that's something. Simply put, the more often the monitor is refreshing, the more likely that is to coincide with when the video card is sending it a new frame to display. And if you're a hyper competitive type who must have absolutely every nanosecond on your side, it might help in that regard too.

But what with g-sync being a thing now, it's debatable how much value the potential reduction of tearing due to extra high refresh rates is. I think I'd rather choose a monitor with g-sync than an extra high refresh rate if both options cost the same.

The one that came in my acer laptop obviously.

Couldn't reach those grapes, huh?

I have a 4K monitor and it's awesome. I can drop down to pixel-doubled 1080p for games or pixel-tripled 720p if I'm really having trouble. The high-DPI text rendering looks amazing. It also supports taking 4x 1080p inputs and showing them side-by-side.

Bought this despite what the shills here told me about not being able to tell the difference from 60 Hz and that I was wasting my money.
I cannot fucking go back, this monitor kicks ass.
I'm starting to think people here are just too fucking broke and can't afford nicr shit or the newest games so they negatively criticize all the new games and nice hardware.

I'm using a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q. Yell at me about how i wasted my money, but it's so fucking nice, that 165hz, 3ms, 1440p ips display makes me rock solid every day that i look at it.

YOU WASTED MONEY but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your purchase.

You don't even understand how fucking nice it is.

No, people usually don't actually want new things because they don't perceive a difference in quality. I personally haven't seen a major difference between 60hz and 144hz side by side, but it was in shitty lighting on prebuilt computers, so I don't know what the difference would be had they both been tested on my machine.

smh tbh fam

the difference is not something you're going to notice in a store standing next to two monitors, Once you're sat infront of a 144hz, playing a videogame, you'll never want to go back. The difference is night and fucking day.

Show me this ultrasharp, I'll return this bitch and buy that one if it's better.
This monitor really compliments my 390x

Nevermind, it just uses a multiple of your current fps for it's refresh rate if you dip below 30fps with newer revisions of the firmware whereas before it would stick to 30Hz and look like shit..

If you're looking for one of the best quality monitors for gaming you should seriously check out the BenQ XL2730Z. A lot of people on the internet like the ROG Swift or Acers or Dell gaming monitors but hands down best quality monitor i've ever used or seen is the one I bought about a few weeks ago.

The XL2730Z is $510 on Amazon. 27", 4k, 1ms response time, 144hz and FreeSync enabled. It has a ton of cool misc features such as flicker-free display for comfortable viewing over long sessions and anti blur technology. But best of all if you're using Freesync it has one of the best looking pictures i've seen. Incredibly smooth motion makes even using the windows OS is more pleasurable, don't even get me started on how much better fast paced games look. If you want to be able to see the difference of framerates higher than 60 FPS you need a high Hz monitor such as this one. The display can get quite bright and the colors are as vibrant or as accurate as you want and the darks are really good so low light games such as DOOM look particularly good when you adjust the game's gamma properly.

The build quality of the monitor is superb. The LCD monitor panel is made of sturdy plastic and comes detached from the stand and the base in case you want to mount the monitor on something. The stand and base come separated and are made of solid metal covered in good quality plastic and connect in a very sturdy way to the LCD panel it'self. Even the buttons on the side of the monitor are very responsive and feel like they are good quality.

The monitor also has a TON of display connections such as DisplayPort HDMI 2.0, it also has an HDMI 1.4 and DVI and VGA connections. It also has 3.5mm audio connections for recording and playback and a USB 3.0 port on the side. If that wasn't enough it even has a retractible headphone rack on the side of the monitor. Furthermore the monitor can easily adjust the height up and down and can be rotated 90 degrees in each direction so you can view the monitor in portrait mode. They thought of everything.

The ONLY downside i can think of about this monitor is more of a preference thing than anything but FreeSync only works with compatible AMD GPUs but honestly I think the monitor is so damn good that the advantages of an Nvidia GPU is not enough to deter me from buying an MSI R9 390x instead of a GTX 980 just so I can use this fantastic monitor.

This is the hot shit man. Pretty much top tier gaming monitor. If you're looking for even better visual fidelity but are okay with sacrificing fast refresh rates and 144hz you can try getting an RL series BenQ monitor. Same amazing quality stuff but a different kind of panel called an IPS panel.

I just went from 60 Hz to 144Hz and the difference is night and day. If you're also using FreeSync or Gsync its a night and day difference that i think is even more noticeable than going from 30 fps to 60fps on a 60hz monitor. If your gaming rig is capable of playing games around 100-120 FPS consistently and you use a 144hz monitor the motion is so incredibly smooth its amazing. Any gaming enthusiast is going to be really pleased.

See my review for the BenQ XL2730Z in this thread.

I got that same monitor. Its a night and day difference between 60Hz and 144Hz isn't it? Fucking delicious.

Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-Inch. Pretty good colors and latency. But for the price, it is to be expected.

Once you go 16x10, you'll never go back to 16x9. That extra vertical space fills out the image so much better imo.

How much does it weigh?

Anybody here has tried the S24E650BW / S24E650DW?

The LCD panel without the base or stand feels noticibly heavier than cheaper monitors and the stand and base are very heavy adding quite a bit more weight to the entire monitor. It's not going to tip over very easily but don't put it on an unstable surface.

I have an Acer GD235HZ that I got on sale a few years ago; the 120hz is really nice. It does have a partially dead pixel in the lower right, but that is the only problem I've had so far.

What was the inital release date of it, what are the exact dimensions, and if possible could you tell me the volume in cubic centimeters?

lmgtfy.com/?q=XL2730Z specifications

My nignogs

I got a Dell U2415.

Shit's great on the custom setting and extremely good on game and movie settings.

Movie puts a cool blue filter on shit, it's pretty good and game makes colors look fuken awesome. It makes darkness darker and bright things become brighter. It's great to play MGSV on. The custom setting I use it for drawing. Best monitor I ever got tbh fam.

Main monitor is an Asus VG248QE. Fuck me 144Hz is too good.

Second monitor is an Acer 1080p IPS thing that looks gr8 for videos and shit.

46" Sharp HDTV w/380 4GB & 8320e
Cut the cable cord so I was not using the tv much so when I built the pc I planned to make use of it as a monitor. Was pleasantly surprised.

I use my cheap 1080p 60hz korean tv.
I know…

enjoy that input lag

Could I use it for watching anime? My set up has the TV in my room connected to my computer.

I play on my 42 inch sharp flatscreen in my livingroom. It has burn in, and one side is darker than the other.
It works.

4 ms response time, never noticed any lag.

Just get a simple 1080p 60hz tbh fam

Have they fixed the horrible burn in shit?

Dell U3415W - 34" Curved 21:9 @ 3440x1440

4K desktop monitors are a waste unless you have your face pressed up against the glass. The whole crap about when a resolution becomes "retina" is relative to distance to screen..

That's why 1080p makes sense on phones since a 400 PPI is indistinguishable at 8" for a 5" phone. Moving further away, a 200 PPI is ideal for laptops since for a typical 15" laptop it becomes indistinguishable at a 1.5 foot viewing distance. Finally you have desktop monitors where your face is 2-3 feet away decreasing the ideal down to about 120. This is where the 1080 diehards are wrong because they're are at ~70-80PPI.

The real future is ultrawide/21:9 as you can fill your entire field of view and watch a majority of movies in their original format.

Are you for realit might be good for movie but shit sucks balls for actually playing good

t. reformed 16:9 user

Dell U2312HM. Had it for years, bought it as a refurb off eBay. Has odd coil whine when you don't use it for a while and has had it since I bought the thing. People always go on about
but in reality you can't tell the difference between 2ms grey to grey and 6ms. I know, my previous monitor was 2ms.

OP here I bought an Acer Predator XB241H Bmipr 24"
us-store.acer.com/um-fx1aa-001

its a TN panel but im not going to be watching movies on it, i have a 60" tv to watch movies on it.

4k is still too much the only thing that gets 60+ FPS in 4k is two GTX 1080's in SLI that shit would be $2000 alone

Fingers crossed this pricing error goes through.

nice catch. jet errors rarely go through though.

holy shit looking at the reddit thread about this your going to get a 19" Acer

Maybe not so much in games, but higher res is great when you do pretty much anything else.

what content ? $30 4k burays

you watch Gods of Egypt over and over ?

What were you using to compare them? Looking at testufo on a 144Hz monitor, and the difference is night and day.

No, actually CREATING stuff. Doing art, desktop publishing, 3d modeling, audio editing. A big high res screen comes in handy for that sort of shit.

I hear that someone fixed the issue, not sure when, or who.

monitors, plural, bitch.
Ya'll niggers should get into triple-head/multi-monitor gaming. It's cheaper than VR, doesn't make you sick and can be done cheaply with old office equipment. Google 'AMD Eyefinity', 'Nvidia surround' and 'softth' for more info. I recommend you only use softth if you need to mix and match videocards or are too cheap to buy an active displayport hub if you need one. Mind the hardware limits and RAMDAC count of your videocard.

good for work, shit / costly for everything else

An Acer GN246HL 24 in 144hz 1ms monitor for vidya, and a 32 in Samsung 1080p tv as a second monitor for movies and shit.

Just so you know, when I see someone list the response time like that I think of them as an unthinking marketing slave. This '1ms' bullshit is a gimmick, and not indicative of the real number, pic related.
I'd like a way to signal that my monitor is bretty gud at games with 3.66ms input latency, but I settle for saying 144hz and it being implied it's a gaming monitor.

good goy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Enjoy your big black bars, bezel cuck.

LG is the only company making OLEDs now because of it there TVs are like $6k

but they are the best tv's money can buy looks like you are looking out of a fucking window

im actually in the same boat. I hated myself for dropping 1k for a fucking monitor until i plugged it in. Holy shit my dick s diamonds everytime i run a game.

I came from a TN panel for the 1ms response time but fuck me they really did a good job with this one.

I use the EIZO FS2333.
Looking to upgrade to a FS2735 in a month or so.

i have a 27 acer that i can't be arsed to see the model number of. it's got a kinda weird clawfoot-looking base and it's the best fucking monitor i've ever owned; it's lasted almost seven years now and has zero problems. it even survived being moved across a province in the dead of winter and being in the bed of the truck at -20 celsius for eleven hours, this thing rules. i've never seen another one

Enjoy playing with blinders on, "muh bezels"
I even turn off bezel compensation.

Besides, if you hate bezels so much, why not get some fresnel lenses then?

dont even bother

I fail to see the problem

STOP

I run a BenQ XL2411Z. It's really fucking good and it's half the price of most of the super-high end stuff like posted so it's what I'd go for on a smaller budget (like mine, damn it sucks being poor)

It's a 24 incher but still has the same 1ms response time, blur reduction, great colors/etc. (though it requires some configuring). The stand is adjustable, too.

No freesync, though. I could have gotten essentially the exact same monitor but with Gsync for 250$ more, but fuck that shit. Fuck gsync and fuck nVidia, it wouldn't be worth the money because my next card will be an AMD anyway.

Similarly why I don't care about freesync; I wouldn't be able to use it for several years so why bother? Everyone I've talked to that's used freesync raves about it, at least.

from 2008, 23" 1080p bugger

just git gud nigger
muscle memory is a learned skill

turn shitty interpolation and 'autoadjust' off, retard

It already has tomato sauce on it though.
Extra toppings like cheese & such are understandable,
but who the hell wants extra sauce on a pizza?
I've never heard of someone ordering a pizza with extra tomato sauce.

does it have build in upscaler for console gaming?

Just use an XRGB Mini you fucking pleb jesus christ

i never understood people adding tomato slices on pizza as well.

holy shit that cost more than the fucking monitor ha ha ha ha ha

monitors typically don't have upscalers because it would add to the inputlag, play console games on tvs

Are you retarded?

with that price I think I'll save money towards some TV instead

Put it like this. You can save up to buy some nice car like a a Bugatti Veyron, but if you're using the shittiest fuel you can find to drive it, it's not gonna be a smooth ride.

99% of TVs' internal upscalers are absolute garbage, and it won't matter which TV you plug your consoles into if the raw signal you're using isn't gonna be processed properly.

Tomato slices can add a different texture so I can somewhat understand adding that for texture variety.

that's not really true for high end tv's my high end Panasonic upscales shitty youtube videos on the fly you could use that $300 to add to the cost of a high end TV. that upscaler's use case is for old consoles on new tvs. old games didn't account for input lag because the CRTs hand none. im assuming this guy is talking about the new consoles(this gen and last gent) where games account for lag

i don't see a point in buying an upscaler for a pc monitor when a high end tv would blow the image quality of that monitor out of the water.

had*

Anyone here tried using a 4:3 lcd monitor for things like ps2 games or ps1 (from the console directly not emulator)? I was thinking about picking one up so I can dust off my modded ps2 and start using it again but I'm not sure how it would look.

yeah the 7th gen's 720p games

and if we talk about high end panasonic do those prices begin on $1000 or how much?

LG 27MB85R-B: 27" 2560x1440 60Hz IPS

No FreeSync or G-SYNC and it was $500 so I probably overspent. Besides that, I like it.

I got it on sale for about $1000, it's a plasma they don't even make plasmas any more sadly . Panasonic TC-P50S60 60 inch tv, was seen as the best tv (price for image quality) money could buy at the time, 3 years ago.

$1000 to $1500 is the spot for the best price for image quality but price also depends on how big you want or need the TV to be. the last time i was looking i wanted something over 50"

note because of things like upscalers TVs will never have the same low input lag times as high end gaming monitors. for tv's don't get anything at or over 50 ms. when you find a tv you like google search the tv's input lag test , be sure its not the "game mode " test too.

new tvs have this thing called "game mode" where all of the upscaling and other things are turned off which makes the image look ugly but its speeds the the response time. my tv doesn't have a game mode its input lag is about 30 ms … its ok but great for a plasma. I have never ran issues playing console games on it. some good LCDS are like 19 ms . i would star by going some ware like "thewirecutter.com" and looking at the best tvs section and working my way down from there.

I've been looking to get a 4k monitor for quite some time but not sure if it would be a good idea with my current setup. I know how fucking jewvidia keeps fucking with old gpus.

Fucking hell, I plundered wee 2k16 a while ago and sometimes drop to less than 30fps in max seetings when the entrances pop up. The game doesn't even look that fucking good.

a 4K monitor is useless for gaming without two Nvidia 1080 running together

Playing on 3 30" and I'm never going back ever. Poorfags gonna poor

here is a quick example :

Samsung UN40JU7100 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV $1,097

amazon.com/Samsung-UN40JU7100-40-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00TWFHELW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A13ACIRM091OJE

the wire cutter reviewer said the 55 in verson was their top pic

rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju7100

they tell you to put the gaming system in pc mode but NOT gaming mode. gaming "In PC mode, the input lag is 44.3 ms."

BUT some people say 4k under 60' is useless so again look around some more if you are not ok with that

Post some screenshots.

I'm super autistic about input lag which is why I don't want an IPS. I bought a Dell U241H (I think it's that) IPS monitor too as a secondary monitor, but I guess it was defective because it looked like shit after calibration and there's an actual bug with the monitor and using a display port, not to mention the shitty input lag. I'm using an Asus ROG278Q, it was $1000, it's a 10 bit TN panel so the colors are better than a regular one, but I'm sure a $1000 IPS looks better, but the input lag is shit on IPS.

This one, (grabbed a pic from ebay but same model) told someone I was looking for a CRT and he gave it to me for free. It's still clear and in good shape so it works fine for more than just retro gaymen. It's really nice to play low res games without that shitty upscaling LCD's have and it has less blue light so it's easier to sleep after using it at night. (f.lux is annoying when I want to color-correct my photographs and CRT's have more accurate color in the first place)

(checked)
Those things are fucking everywhere and I hate them.

#4 might actually be good

thanks for help
im out of money for now so I guess I will just turn those 1080p options in ps3 off for now to get the best at my situation

neat. I've got a dell ultrasharp U2312HM from a few years back. its probably kinda lame by today's standards but I upgraded to this from a 22" I think that got a crack almost dead center from taking my computer around in a car. its been an excellent display the past few years.

After using the Vive on the weekend I can say without a doubt that the best display you can get is the largest, highest res, highest framerate monitor you can afford

but seriously the Vive is way better than I expected and I actually expected it too be good. That said the low res is a major drawback so I won't be buying until Vive2

The vive uses OLED or some variant of it that's why it's so good.

I have my laptop standing in one of these.
It works surprisingly nicely.
I have two laptops and two frames, but I can't make good use out of my bootleg multi-monitor setup so I just have one laptop here and another one next to my bed for comfy late-night browsing.

I use this
gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2411z

tbh fam if I got to be border patrol in BF i'd play it.

So I'm on a budget of about $250 for a new gaming monitor since I'm using an old LCD HDTV as my computer display. I was wondering if this would be a great upgrade? amazon.com/dp/B00ITORJRQ

Are there any good freesync monitors out there?

I haven't used any other VR but the Vive does a good enough job of fooling your brain I found myself trying not to step on things that only existed in the games.

1440p ebay korean ips master race

i just need 2 more

This. It's the only reason I haven't bought a 1440p 144hz monitor. The IPS versions of those cost like half a grand or more.
I bought an oculus instead and only really play SS13 and mega drive/snes emulators with it

For those that have used both, what generally looks better, free/g-sync, or strobed back lighting?

If you like FPS / guns get these, they are amazing.
store.steampowered.com/app/450540/
store.steampowered.com/app/418650/

Well shit, they are both Vive only as you need handsets.
Sorry you got Zuckerberged user.

Doesn't work on cockulus because oculus touch doesn't exist. Doesn't really worry me though tbh fam, I don't have the room for those romo scale VR games, but I can play the simulator games like dirt rally and elite dangerous just fine.

Freesync does not work above 85hzfrom what i remeber. They migh have updated it.

Gsync works for all hz

Buy your shit online .

The monitor i want.But damn if it doesn't cost too fucking much in yurop.Still no fucking price cut either.

Free sync being open source means it's up to the monitor manufacturer to decide how it performs. There are a good number of monitors out by now that work from 48-144 hz

are you going to be pc gaming or console gaming ? if both what are you going to be using the most ?

Both, but primarily PC gaming.

Alright thats awesome.

I remeber reading that nvidia will stop using modules because the people that made dp included the tech in the port itself with 1.4

We might start seeing nvidia use freesynce once it gets really good.

especially with those unnatural colors

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466

free sync is only works on this from 30- 90 fps. you fuckers better have two 980TIs in SLI (or what ever the fuck AMD has in crossfire) to get over 60 fps on these 2k and 4k monitors

you will be shooting your self in the foot buying these 144hz larger monitors when your system can only run games at like 25- 30 fps at that resolution

has built in speakers for your console 1ms response time and 144hz for pc FPS games

amazon.com/Asus-VG248QE-24-inch-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00B2HH7G0

you can plug heaphones into the back and play console games with your heaphones. there is only one HDMI port you may want to buy a hdmi spliter if you have more than one console
something like this
amazon.com/Fosmon-HD1832-Intelligent-Switcher-Supports/dp/B008D6YZXG/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464545537&sr=1-13&keywords=hdmi splitter

i have two 7970s in crossfire that runs bf4 at 120fps at 2k

you dont really need much

21:9 is utter trash for anything computer-related. 16:10 4K is the best resolution and ratio at the moment.

but an eye-cancer inducing shitty tn-panel

please point to a 1ms IPS panel under $550

I have some Samsung I got for a christmas present.

I get tearing which is very frustrating, and I guess it's meant to be a TV screen by the aerial but whatever; it's big and it was free so… eh.

Gotta admit though, thread's got me looking at this (staff discount and all that) for my next paycheck: maplin.co.uk/p/benq-xl2720z-27inch-144hz-hd-gaming-monitor-a49nc

Bf4 is a 2 year old game

and? the cards are even older than that

This. LCDs are garbage for gaming, but the only OLED monitor right now is the UP3017Q, a $5k 30" 4k one from Dell. Get a CRT instead by looking around thrift/pawn shops and classified ads/Craigslist/eBay, aperture grille and at least 19" mandatory, flat-faced tube if you can find it. Expect to pay $0-$100.

Note that a few of the very newest GPUs don't have DVI ports with RAMDACs anymore, so if you have a really new GPU you'll need an external DVI-I/DP/HDMI to VGA device, preferably with an HDCP stripper, for about $20-$50.

so what's would be the point in buying a 144 hz 2K monitor when your setup cant match the refresh rate on a two year old game ?

I really want to get a 34" ultrawide IPS monitor with freesync/gsync but I don't want to spend $1000 for it. Will these every come down in price?

5:4 here.
Every game is built for wide screen so if there's more than one menu on the screen at a time I can't see shit.

i just said it can holy shit your retarded.

ultrawide is a waste of money. they stretch the pixels

I was using one for awhile but the controls always felt delayed for me. In the end I bought a shitty used CRT for 10 euros and now it all runs perfectly. You can't really escape the fact that 5th and 6th gen weren't designed with non-CRTs in mind

ultrawide is always going to be a niche thing

math harder

they are doing 144 easy. do something about that autism

HOLY MOTHER OF SHILLS, IT'S A BIG ONE

we are talking about a 2 year old game here. dose it run Doom at 120 fps at 2k ? hell, does it even run crysis 3 at 120 fps at 2k ?

Isn't monitor refresh rate independent from the card draw rate? I fail to see the problem other than hes not hitting 144 FPS

more like 1200 fps

I haven't had much money recently so I just use my TV as my monitor aswell.

Works pretty well, it's a 32" Sony Bravia 1080p

When I am able to get a 1440p monitor at either 120hz or 144hz it's sure as shit not going to be as big as my TV which will take some getting used too

It's only 273 here in europe holy shit

2 GL2450's for shitposting and 1 VG248qe for gaming

VG248qe in the middle, surrounded by the GL2450's.