Games like DIE HARD (1987)

Is there any game out there that feels like Die Hard?

The Die Hard game on NES was almost perfect, but it's old as fuck. Nakatomi Plaza had some of the survival aspect I expected, but the stealth sucks and the enemies are bullet sponge. The only non Die Hard game that feels remotely like this I've ever played is Castle Wolfenstein from 1981. Manhunt is slow as fuck.

So, is there any, Holla Forums?

I think the closest you're gonna get is one of the MGS games, probably 3

Kojima stole most of his ideas from western blockbusters anyways

MGS3 is like a retarded version of Vietnam. The other MGS games are even gayer.

The PS1 game with Bruce Willace in it, Armageddon

Only thing I can think of are >obligatory doom mods. I've never heard of shit like this in my life, closest you'll get is some shit like souls or a simulator like SWAT 4.

I don't know what to tell you m8, if I had seen that greentext without context I would have thought you were describing MGS3 until maybe the last two lines

Nothing else comes to mind. STALKER maybe?

Shit, I'm not even a fan of MGS3 but you're just a faggot.

STALKER definitely.

Space Station 13.

Don't mind the graphics, it's very fun. Be sure to play on /tg/station or hippie.

You're just trying to get more people to play SS13 aren't you?

Although I guess you're technically not wrong

Bumping because this is one of my dream games

Bullshit. I've played MGS and they don't have the tension. The shooting and AI sucked too. They're simply not die hard.

STALKER is bullet sponge, even at veteran difficulty, which makes the anomalies unbearable.

To each his own, but being a picky shitter ain't gonna get you very far. Make the game yourself if one isn't out there.

I actually want to do that, I'm just fucking lazy

I'm doing it in doombuilder. It's easy on faggots who are lazy as shit and advanced enough to get extra shit added if you want to git gud.

What?

That's so convenient, thanks a lot!

"Strap one on! It's time to jam!"

Half-Life always reminded me of Die Hard.

Though Duke Nukem has always been pretty Die Hardy.

I'm making one in game maker, but the AI logic is pretty hard to make.

You heard me.

Well, maybe not that much bullet sponge in CoP.

Christ, that shit triggers me so bad. Pissed me off using it as a kid back in the day. What type of game is it? Gamemaker is only good for 2d stuff, but I guess it's probably changed in the ~10 years since I used it.

Metro is probably the closest to what you want.

Have you even played that? The only thing it has that OP asked for was the retarded, repetitive quips.

He's right though. Vanilla Stalker is bullet spongy as fuck.

t. stalker modder

no, no, it's still primarily for 2d, and actually pretty good for it provided you can into coding instead of just using its logic builder

Ain't got time for that, had a java class in high school that turned me off to that shit forever. I'm stuck with modding at this point.

MGS is literally the closet you're ever going to get to Die Hard: The Game

Top down, scrolling, shooter, basically like that. 3D games are hard as fuck to code.

I said no. MGS is Splinter Cell: gay edition.

If it wasn't for unskippable cutscenes…
But yeah, R* made Max channel his inner John McClane.

It's more like Die Hard sequels than Die Hard itself. He even went bald. The physics are fitting, though.

Max Payne 3. Max literally looks like Bruce Willis and jumps through glass.

Closest thing i can think of is Die Hard on the NES.

It was called Apocalypse you stupid fuck.

Die Hard Trilogy on the PS1.

Broforce. It also lets you play as McClane, for bonus points.

FEAR is sort of like that.

Funny enough:

I think the OP wants something a little more like Die Hard. Something that isn't Die Hard, has no relation to Die Hard but y'know, is more Die Hard than the Die Hard trilogy, something like uh, Manhunt.

master was made to abuse quicksave and quickload, it was still a ton of fun though.

Die Hard NES and Die Hard Trilogy of PS1 are the closest you're going to get. Next best thing is Wolfenstein 3D and the original MGS.

The Max Payne games also have all the aspects you listed.

I want to get this straight, once and for all:
Master is supposed to be the way to play where everyone's health is equally low (especially yours).
Easy is supposed to be unplayable because everyone turns into a bullet sponge.

I've only played STALKER SoC once. I played it on Easy. I beat it and got one of the true endings.

Am I a pleb or an anomaly?

I've only played SoC once, vanilla, on master. I didn't like it at all besides the atmosphere and I only found out two years after playing it that it was supposed to have a soundtrack outside of the main menu. I guess I had a buggy copy or anything.

So I tried redownloading it and playing it with mods, although I'm not sure which mod I played with. It may have been complete or amk, I'm not sure which. I couldn't even get out of the first area(cordon?) before getting bored out of my mind. To this day I still don't know if I'm playing it wrong or if the game just isn't for me or if it's just a big ruse that everyone's on.

MGS3 is your best bet.

FAR CRY 1

casuls hate it, of course

It may not be a tower climber, but most of those describe The Last of Us

It's entirely possible that the game simply isn't for you.
I didn't have a soundtrack in my copy either (except of course for the camp fire guitar riffs). I liked it.

It's why I never finished the game. Everyone is such a fucking bullet sponge with crazy range.

Prolly because you spend 80% of the game in vents.
I came here to post HL1

I could go through this whole song and dance yet again, where I go into autistic detail about damage values, resistances, and locational damage modifiers, and how they result in bullet sponge enemies regardless of difficulty in vanilla SoC/CS/CoP, and then you'll either just stop posting because you'll realize that you don't have a true understanding of what you're talking about, or you'll continue to post epin may-mays and ignore everything I've said.

Since I'm tired as fuck, I'll just do it quick and dirty: Master does not give you realistic damage values. Please fuck off with that shitty, tiresome meme.

System Shock 1

The way you're stuck in a facility and have to piece together information and figure things out yourself to accomplish various objectives really gave me a Die Hard-feel. Blowing up the mining laser is the most satisfying objective I've ever completed in a videogame.

which mod does?

Natively, only a handful. ArsenOL 2.2 for SoC, Arsenal Overhaul for CS and CoP would be my personal favorites.

For the rest I just make unfucker patches.