Wow, Bethesda really did a great job on the new Doom game

Doom 64 is the best doom game.

Guess nuDoom and Doom 3 are also great then

Play the PC port, you nigger.

It was ported to PC user

Why the fuck would you buy a game early when it's at its most expensive, and let it rot in your backlog?

So, meanwhile on Bizarro Holla Forums thread?

what's the filesize of the new doom? people in third world countries could still be waiting for it to finish downloading.

43gb

They buy it for a status symbol. It gets them gamer cred. They dont actually play it. Just having it makes them better in their own mind.

geez. Is it uncompressed audio that's taking up all that space? Or laziness since storage is at an all time low cost?

Damn. Why wouldn't you just buy the original two instead, if you wanted to show off? They're a hell of a lot cheaper. Might net you some more gamer cred in the right company of non-gamers.

quake is my fucking jam, man

I really doubt that 90% of the users here actually played the original DOOM games. Especially not when they were new. I'm 26, and can say confidently that I'm pretty sure the user base here is 17-20. By chance my father happened to love the original DOOM games so I grew up playing them with him. The people here who claim to have played DOOM 1 and 2 when they were new are sort of like the people who claim to only want 2D anime girls. They aren't real.

DOOM (2016) candidly tried to bring the DOOM series' best elements and implement them into a modern FPS. I'm not crazy about it, but generally I like. Also Bethesda were only publishers not developers for DOOM (2016). Not really sure why developers and publishers are used interchangeably here.

Megatextures, and the fact that the 'old' dooms have "bad graphics" and has "bad controls". Only nerds play doom 93, but "nerds XD" play nuDooM.

Every reason to hate is useful.

Kinda ironic how pixels are looked down upon in old games. But praised when they're shat out of the hipster indie scene for being """"""retro"""""""

Theyre Nu-pixles(tm) user, not those old, dusty, pixels. Nu-pixels(tm) are shiny and endorsed by anita sarkeesian herself.

It's better than at least 90% of action FPS games released in the last 5 or 6 years fam. The multiplayer is a sin though, and the modding tool is buggy.

Being better than most fps games released in the last few years shouldnt even be celebrated. It should be expected.

I couldn't stomach the video past 5 minutes.
I like the guy, but he can be a bit a twat.

I'm 32 and I wonder every time I come to this board why I bother. The rank stupidity and ignorance of the average underage user here is demoralizing. I have been reduced to mostly posting low effort shitposting bait that the idiots here still bite without fail just to get any joy out of this pit.

The worst part is that there isn't anywhere better. This is as good as it gets to discuss video games

the discussion is about as good as the quality of modern games

25, and first watched my brother and his friend play Doom 2 at my brother's friends house. Picked up a free version of the first episode when I was on the cusp of being a teenager and played the shit out of it.

Doom 2016 said it was bringing the best elements of the original Doom series, and then threw that out the window. Lack of ammo management, no new guns except those locked into multiplayer, enemies that spawn in instead of being placed before hand, frequent forced arena sections, linear corridors, downplay on secrets giving ammo for your good guns or cool powerups, no real attempt to make enemies interesting, enemies staggering around for 5+ seconds when low on health, waiting to for your melee executes, no reason to prioritize enemy types, the list goes on and on.