I understand it all now

I never got why Holla Forums hated the new Doom.

I'd played Doom 1 and 3, and they were similar. Slow, crawling corridor shooters with a few enemies here and there. They were ok, but nothing mind blowingly awesome.

I even tried Brutal Doom, but it did nothing for me. If anything, it downgraded the experience.

I just played the first half of Doom II tonight for the first time.

I never knew Doom could be so amazing.

I never knew a game could be so satisfying. So refreshing. So goddamn good! I thought I'd played perfect 10s before - nothing modern or retro can compare to the glory of Doom II!

Fuck nuDoom. Fuck Doom 3. Fuck the original Doom and everything about it.

But by all that is unholy, don't fuck Doom II. Let Doom II fuck you, Holla Forums. Let it fuck you hard all night.

Other urls found in this thread:

prboom.sourceforge.net/windows.html
devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DOOM II had inferior level design to the original.

Not at all. Doom 1 is a corridor shooter with occasional arenas. Doom II is an arena shooter with occasional corridors.

I didn't, though. I just said they were slower paced corridor shooters. Doom 1 is better by far, but it's no Doom II.

I have to agree with you. I loved the first Doom but I couldn't even finish Doom 2 because of the level design. I loved the new shotgun though and I guess that's also why most .wads are made for Doom 2.

I'm going to bite this.
Doom 2 has the worst level design in all of the Doom games. Downtown, Nirvana, Gotcha, The Chasm, Icon of Sin, etc.
Doom 1 has amazing level design. As an example, the very first level, E1M1 teaches almost everything you need to know about the game by letting you play it normally. It has doors, enemies, well-placed item location, clues about triggers, secrets, everything. Most of the paths are non-linear, and usually you're rewarded by exploring the levels. Hell, E1M4 has at least 3 legit ways of completing the level. And if you're looking for a challenge, Episode 4 of Final Doom is still one of the hardest episodes in all of the Doom games, without being retarded like some of the TNT or Plutonia levels.
Calling Doom 1 a "corridor shooter" and putting it besides Doom 3 is an excellent bait at best and dishonest at worst.

Doom 1&2 play more like a "shooter" than a modern FPS, it's unique.
shoot and dodge, target prioritization.

Doom 2 is fucking garbage. The level design and enemy placement are a clusterfuck, they make me sick. It's a DLC/expansion pack disguised as a sequel. If you like going crazy while disregarding quality, well, probably Doom 2 is the game for you.

Even nuDoom is more playable. At least the rooms are all interconnected.

get a life fuccbois

You mean Doom 1 and it's expansion pack. There's no Doom 2.

DooM™ is another Bethesda™ masterpiece, user, what are you talking about?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Doom is SLOW.

S L O W

I must admit this is really good bait. I will save it for later use.

You should check out Cyberrunner if you haven't already. Too bad it's dead.

It's amazing bait. I knew from the second I saw him say Doom II was better this thread would turn into a muh levels argument.

Man. What can't be done with this engine?

Such is the beauty of a well developed engine, user.

fuck you dude

Heretic and Hexen's where it's at.

What's your opinion on Hexen II? I thought it was actually a lot of fun other than the Egypt level.

You cocksucking poser faggot. Peter Gabriel-era Genesis is best Genesis, and the band's best album is Selling England by the Pound, followed by Foxtrot and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway.

Yes, I know you're just shitposting, but there are some lines you just don't cross.

fuck you

it is well developed, but it's very limited

E1M1 was the last level made before shipping. It's an old game developer trick; once you've had experience making levels you then design the first one from scratch.

There was a video of John Romero explaining that level while playing in coop with a guy from IGN, well worth watching.

Where did all the Bethesdrones come from? Why now? Why did it have to be Doom?
Why is NuDoom $120 here in Canada?

That doesn't mean it can't have god-awful level design. It's fucking awful barring a few levels. DooM 2 seemed like it was trying to attempt "challenge maps" of some sort but fucked it up somehow in the process when they decided to just puke up a mess of ugly rooms onto a map.

And don't get me started with the shitty enemies. Fucked up the whole balance.

I'm waiting for the day people stop asking that retarded "why is it so expensive in x country?"

IIRC, besides the fucking inflation, video games have different prices in different parts of the world due to supply and demand.

Because they want to justify paying for it.

Because the publisher had it languishing in dev hell and wanted to make some money off it, and wanted to get a new audience for it instead of the old one.

Because the dollar is so shit here compared to the US after 2012

it's a nightmare on nightmare

I have no idea how I beat Perfect Hatred so easily the first time around, it's easily one of the best experiences I ever had in vidya.

Now it's just a chore due to the autistic placements of the Barons of Hell.

Confirmed for not having played Doom
Doom 2 was shite
Doom 3 was slower pace and had a flashlight
D44M is basically Halo with skull breakers and boss health bars

JKDF2 I see. Good taste.

It was a bug user, they put a DM flag in the yellow key and probably tested the map in DM mode.
I gotta admit it fucking consumed more than an hour of my life though, wandering around without purpose.
The same goes for fucking bugged hydroponics in Icarus.

OP could be bait, but it could be honest opinion formed from different preferences or by not playing the other games "properly."

We're not a hivemind. There are other game sequels out there that I like more than the originals, but Holla Forums fucking hates them. Shit happens.

So, where does doom 64 fit in the rankings of 1, 2, 3, and new doom? Also, I think 1>2, but people rate 2 a little too harshly. I would rate them about equally had a couple of 2's worst levels been cut.

I haven't played it but I would like the new Doom apart from the lack of ironsights.

The problem will probably be there isn't enough of it. Wanting it to be like System Shock and show off id's incredible design. Slow and eerie.

Also wanting it to be harder and faster, better than you.

Quake64 was the best level design I have experienced. Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight great too.

Feeling you have gotten far by trying, further than you should have. That you have cheated when that is how you are meant to progress, rocket jumping before you knew what that was. Sucked in. World made for you, the Tomb Raider genre concept of progression means you deserve it.

Something different and dangerous about that. Confirmation of other people's existance. That you have to perform what you have been prepared for. Add to such a standard, or leave it behind now facing what you aren't prepared for.

Doing what seemed impossible. Means you were enough for that. Mind ready to overcome lesser obstacles than the one you stand on. Progressing too fast, places before offering reason to stay. Next area could be worse with no with to get back. Areas forgotten along with their lessons. Seems more progress means further from memories more to memories of this world. Made for it. Very dangerous and the ambience suited that. Like another language "Bear in mind the gravity of this place".

Fixing issues with Mass Marketing:
Lower audio pitch to -4.
Lower gamma and adjust RGB to suit taste.

May have low expectations of players. Needing to seem better than them. Hand holding instead of kicking them out into a world.

Games used to not expect progression and players didn't either. Designers making them so if someone beat them they would have company.

The beta didn't made me want to play nuDoom. Maybe it's just because it's a token multiplayer mode on the successor of father of all generic FPS, but it left me with no taste at all. Just blandness.

Maybe the SP is half decent, maybe they changed the balance and the RPG does damage, but I sure as heck won't drop 60 european fun currencies to have a go.!

Just out of curiosity, has everybody with opinions on the matter of classic Doom versus nuDoom actually played nuDoom already? Am I the only person on Holla Forums who still hasn't touched nuDoom?

Everyone liked Morrowind and Skyrim.

I'm keen to see the new engine in action.
I argued Rage's megatextures made a world more enjoyable to explore. Which I still think true. Problem is such textures occupy a lot of space.

Does force everything made to have some personalisation. Textures making everything work together in a scene.

Wasting time isn't an option for most people now. Looking around may have to be secondary to action and immersion. Quickly moving from place to place without looking close.

Still, the option to look close would be appreciated even if it isn't taken. Some areas deserving your presence. Should have an option to go into more of the same area, not just move on to something different.

Not speaking for everyone but long story short is that it's okay. Biggest problem for the long run is that just one and done kind of game. It's a step in the right direction at least.

MP is trash still.

I don't understand people who don't like level design in DooM II. For me it is otherway around, for me DooM I is boring as hell and I have to force myself to finish it every now and then. DooM II on the other hand is so fun and satisfying to play.

42 room limit, 64 demon limit, only 12 demons alive at any one time.
There's your new engine in action.

if doom2 is so bad then why everyone makes mods and maps for doom2? :^)

Good to see I'm not the only one who dropped Doom II before finishing. Doom is just too good and II could never follow its success and greatness.

Just wondering, since I don't feel like I can really have an opinion on how a game compares to anything until I've played it. I've sure played classic Doom I and II countless times, and even Doom III once, but without having played nuDoom, I can't say how it compares. …Well, aside from art direction, I think you can judge that from trailers and screenshots and such. And on that note, I definitely dislike the new monster designs, they seem to have taken a turn toward generic wrinkled leathery beige skin and random bone spikes video game monster garbage.

But since so many people do have extremely strong opinions on its overall quality, I'm wondering how many of those are based on actual experience. Not that I'm trying to defend it, to be clear, I'd say that positive opinions are also baseless if they don't come from actual experience.

On a semi-related note, maybe it's just a matter of which you played first, but I played Doom II first and that's the one I always liked better too. Not that I disliked the original by any means, but Doom II has always remained my first choice.

DooM is shit m8
Always was

What the fuck? Doom II is Doom 1 with a muted color palette and more puzzle-like level design. It doesn't have any less speed or action.

Were you playing it on some pussy difficulty?

You actually enjoyed nuDooD?

Its using ID tech 6

ID tech 5+ doesn't have "Rooms" to load, it procedural loads literally everything as needed to do away with loading times/loading airlocks

You are literally 100% full of shit

Megatextures in id tech 5+ are massively compressed and loaded into a 7zip like file and the engine just snags them out whenever they're called, the file is like 3-4 gigs at highest settings and just sits in your ram and buffers to the videocard memory whenever its called

Naturally, the faster your ram, the more seemless this is

Its part of the procedural engine, see above

I'm more upset you didn't

And I've been gaming since pong, this is the biggest breath of fresh air since Bulletstorm/Shadow Warrior reboot/Serious Sam 3 (Once you get past the opening levels)

Absolutely undeserved quads.

Wasted quads.

New Doom sucks so no wonder Redditors and Youtube niggers like it. It has shit levels with no enemy density, just like 3 enemies on screen at once because consoles can't handle shit.

No map editor.
Every single gun is the Plasma Rifle, they are all oversized and futuristic, no more shotguns or chainguns or anything like that.

Stupid story shit and characters that shouldn't even be in the fucking game
and most of all

THE FUCKING MUSIC IS SO GOD DAMN AWFUL FUCK

I fucking hate you redditor normalfags that like this piece of shit, and Overwatch too. Say what you will but these faggots playing games is why new games are so fucking shit.

It's funny because E1M1 is such a small and boring level in my opinion. I like E3M6 though even though a lot of people say it's bad for some reason.

No.

That's a limitation of snapmap not the actual engine you numbnuts

Isukagami is a PS2 game that can maintain a steady framerate with more enemies onscreen than nuts.wad. The "consoles can't handle shit" argument only applies if the project has shitty coders who can't solve problems outside of brute force.

Those are false.
Also past the beginning they start throwing fights at you with a lot of enemies that are actually fun (but you usually find out there was some OP power-up in the room you didn't grab, which would have ruined the fun)

can snap map even be considered a proper map editor? It's basically Forge from Halo, but with the added option to stack premade rooms alongside each other (I've been hearing comparisons to Timesplitters, did it have a similar editor?)

there's no nuts.wad-level shenanigans but there are areas with 10-12 enemies simultaneously, not just two or three

and there are literally two different shotguns and literally the chaingun in the game

there is barely any story, what there is is entirely skippable except for one scene, and the doomguy in the game just shits on the story the whole time

and music is subjective taste. mick gordon is a badass and I fucking love it. it's fully dynamic and reacts to what you're actually doing in combat which isn't new, but it's still fucking awesome

I don't get all this anti-shilling on Holla Forums for the new doom game, it's literally everything we doom fans have wanted for years and every old doomer I know loves it, yet Holla Forums continues to spread misinformation and bullshit. I don't get it.

You can't argue with idiots

They'll continue to think the engine is shit regardless

I mean fuck I wasn't that big a fan of RAGE but I am well aware of what that engine could do

Remember though, all the cool kids shit in ID Tech/Unreal/Cryengine

Is this bait.

I'll bite

That depends which engine you use. nuts.wad runs ssilky smooth if you aren't a retard. Also keep in mind that Doom isn't even optomized for that many enemies since they are each so CPU intensive and yet it still manages to run it.

Consoles can't do the same in DOOM4 not just because of the CPU limitations, but also because they literally can't draw that many polys at once. Not to mention the RAM deficiency the consoles have.

I doubt the PC version could do it either though, the engine is really bad compared to regular Doom's when it comes to having multiple thousands of enemies.

YFW Zenimax is actually paying these cucks to shill their shitty dubstep game.

Wow, 12 enemies? Are you sure??? Even COD or Battlefield has more than that you groid nigger. Whole point of Doom is having tons of Lost Souls everywhere.
They look like Halo guns and they take up 40% of the screen
False
kys

That's because you're not from here.

>>>/reddit/

YFW Zenimax is actually paying these cucks to shill their shitty dubstep game.

The only phrase you're missing is "a step in the right direction" and you would have nailed the trifecta of empty statements used by apologists to defend subpar games.

Legit question: are they all shambling slow moving zombies with not projective weapons?

it's cute how you don't actually counter any of my arguments and yet you're probably very satisfied with yourself. I was part of the original exodus just like you, kiddo

enjoy your paycheck from activision

I'm not saying I like it, but only 12 demons active and being rendered at a time makes sense on a technical level. You can only render so much geometry at once. But the maximum 64 specified demon spawns makes zero sense at all, how can specifying X demon at Y coordinates really be so taxing? That should be a teeny tiny bit of data in the overall scheme of things.

At the very least you should be able to do 100,000 revenants, as long as it's only 12 at a time. Which would still suck and take way too long and totally miss the point, but… seriously, what's with the 64 spawn limit?

I've seen shills go around saying shit like
"contemporary re-imagining" and "it's still Doom but its new instead of cashing in on Nostalgia" as if that's an excuse it's not a Doom game.

What are your favorite subreddits, cuck?

fuck no man, one of the later fights throws you up against 2 barons, 2 cyber-mancubi, 2 revenants, 4 hell razers, a half-dozen imps, and a couple cacodemons all at once. yeah, I guess that's no big deal in old doom but the enemies in nudoom are a LOT more mobile and a LOT more deadly. of course, so are you. it's overall a faster-paced game than olddoom. of course doomguy doesn't run at 30mph, only 20 or so, so oldfags want to argue the point.

but nah, there are some seriously fun and big fights. and it keeps spawning enemies during the fights all around, so you have to keep moving and stay on your toes.

>people legitimately posting more than it was ok at best

Where do I apply for online shill?

I hate to say this, but compared to the last game at least this one tries to be like the first two. Sure compared to the originals it's bad, but compared with modern FPSs it's pretty good. Still it's only down hill from here with paid mods, shit map making tools and possible 10 bux DLCs.

No
Rockets don't even do any damage anymore

It's slow but it's still faster guiz, pls buy!

This, they don't even type like normal anons. It's like those old To Catch a Predator videos where they try to use " talk 2 u l8r" internet speak.

Shill
Yeah
It's slightly less sulfury than average shit?
Yeah, and I won't buy it when you release it.

Seriously, fuck the golem bug.

Yeah

I'm full of shit huh?

Get out, never return

someone hasn't played the game. 2 rockets for a caco, just like olddoom. and the weapon upgrades (god forbid they add depth to the game) allow you to do even more damage with the remote detonation upgrades. RL is one of the most powerful weapons in nudoom.

come back when your parents give you the money for the game, kid

REDDIT SHILLS LEAVE!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DOOM 4 IS FOR CUCKBEARD DUBSTEP LOVING REDDITORS WHO ARE INTO WICCA AND VAMPIRE/ZOMBIE SHOWS

I work a foodstand in The Big Bagel, Jew York City, and I always put pork products in Jewish-looking customers food even when it doesn't normally have pork in it.

chill out, grandpa

I will not buy or review nuDoom because I know I will have a bias against it.

Suuuuuure you do

He's the tard who thinks I'm pretending/lying

"Nobody likes this game because I don't like it, he's obviously a shill"

Nice to see those gender studies paying off for you

why? have you played it? I mean, dumb question, I know you haven't, but the point stands

but seriously why? what do you have against it? do you have even one legitimate complaint? I get it if you don't like the music but it's OVERWHELMINGLY METAL. there is not even any dubstep IN the game.

Rockets now are small and have no splash damage and are weaker and feels like a popgun.

Redditors are cancer.

Nudoom is for NuMales like yourself.

You really don't fit in you know

Cry more big nose.

more failure to actually make arguments.

try again

Christ, you're that old and you still miss the point of what I said? You thought I was accusing you of lying? Then you went out of your way to take a picture of something that could be anything or owned by anyone else, crop it, and post it as proof as though it's even something people would take seriously as proof about a person's identity on the fucking Internet. You're a stupid manchild, goddamn.

Oldfag here

The problem with the mods is only a handful are extremely useful (Mid air rocket explosion, assault rifle mini-rockets, shotgun explosive blast, plasma rifle stun, chaingun triple turret, gauss rifle cannon if you get a huge opening) while the rest are essentially sidegrades

Buy the game, goy-er I mean user! How else are you going to fund Israel's missiles?

You really fit in kike.

You really fit in kike.

Funny how you people resort to shitposting, you are part of the cancer too, , not defending doom or anything. but throwing these childish tantrums makes you look like an idiot

If you think I'm holding up my drivers license/ID card/Tax information etc with a middle finger for you so you can gleam my information than you are more retarded to think I'm that young and new to the internet

Aww, you can't downote me nigger? Aww, so childish and racist, what is this imageboard thing? Where are the BERNIE memes?

Don't like? Go back to >>>/reddit/.

You're shitting on ppl who actually like the game yet can't give one example why its a bad game

Seriously, one example, just what part of the game is hurting your fun?

Is it slow? Does it control poorly? Are the weapons boring? Are the enemies bad? Does it look bad?

etc etc etc

Just one solid reason

If you were from here, you would have seen the threads explaining why. Even this thread tells you why, kike shill.

yeah, it's pretty sad.

thanks for the support for my argument

tiresome and boring. can't you at least provide me some entertainment?

too bad most enemies in nuDoom are either melee enemies who run up to you and try to claw you or just throw projectiles at you which are easily sidestepped
because jumping on top of a platform or just circlestrafing is enough to dodge nearly all enemy attacks, doublejumping and platforms effectively nullify enemy formations and the individual threat of a monster. heck, there's not even homing missiles or hitscan enemies to force you to do anything but circlestrafe
this wouldn't be so much of a problem if the levels were trying to challenge your movement by limiting your movement options through level layout, and by placing certain enemies in certain places for additional challenge, instead you end up with Quake gameplay with Serious Sam levels and dynamic. imagine what Quake would be like if most of the levels were large open arenas, just go fucking play it now and imagine, it'd fall flat on its face

I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from
Doom prioritized awareness of enemy positions, item positions, using the right weapon, and planning your movement to avoid getting damage. nuDoom just lets you feel like a badass by running circles. the weapon arsenal is there (albeit a bloated one), while thinking about item management is now less encouraged since Glory Kills drop that shit for you
newDoom is more about moving around and feeling cool, but I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said there's less thinking involved in nuDoom than oldDoom

this would be fine if:
they did not do it all the time, and made non-arena encounters interesting as well
they spawn certain enemy types in certain formations to provide a new challenge
the spawning would utilize the level layout for one

Vid related. It's you my liberal cosmopolitan urbanite numale.

Just make sure to convince your wife's boyfriend to vote for Cuckie Sanders okay?

All I've seen so far of the thread is ppl parroting shitty opinions and I doubt they've played the game

I openly am stating I doubt most of the detractors here have played the game beyond the free beta which was frankly dog shit because a 2 weapon limit multiplayer is shit

The single player game is however pure candy

Nice.

just like your candy ass

I get shot at all the time in nuDoom

Granted I'm on hurt me plenty right now and I'm finding it extremely easy, but I beat Max Payne 3 on its hardest initial setting in less than 8 hours so I'm probably a bad person to be using for an example if a game is hard or not

I will however play it on a much harder setting after beating it

Also let me add the one thing I hate about the PC version is crouch is a toggle and you can't push to hold, not a deal breaker because you only need to crouch every 30-50 minutes or so but its still there

That's sure some proof you've played the game there

Ha. Ha. Ha. Faggot.

Yeah to me its more like techno rock

And in hell its like some weird combination of Gospel singing and opera rock

>>>/reddit/

That's what Reddit numale cucks think metal is

You have proven yourself to be quite an incredible blockhead. No one is interested in your age, what do you think the words "empty statement" meant? The OP and the thread has been concerned with discussing how NuDoom is a regression from Doom then you come up with "oh I've been gaming since so-and-so and this is a breath of fresh air since modern shooter X!". No one cares.

Nice proof you've got there you've played the single player game

Say again, motherfucker?

HEY GUIZ, WITCHER 3 WAS SOOOO GOOD RIGHT?

MAN I LOVE BERNIE!!

OVERWATCH IS SO MUCH FUN

Why is Plebbit comming here.

take notes little boy, this is how adults speak to each other

you're not wrong about the enemies, but I don't really see it as a problem. they come in large enough numbers that you're constantly having to dodge and keep moving.

even in olddoom hitscan enemies were cancerous unless used very skillfully in maps. this is one reason (of many) I think and have always thought Doom 2 is worse than the original, because chaingunners just aren't interesting or fun. as a mapper myself, they're almost impossible to utilize in an interesting way.

I think your criticisms of the level design are a little unfair; there are some pretty tight spots you can get yourself into. not every fight takes place in a wide open arena. I don't think the comparison to serious sam is accurate at all because enemies in serious sam are literally no threat at all if you just keep moving in any direction. (I don't and have never liked serious sam)

blind circle-strafing is certainly helpful as a skill in nuDoom but it won't save you from everything. As you said about oldDoom, you still have to be aware of enemy and item positions, and weapon selection. management of weapon mods is important too. I would personally argue there's MORE to think about in nuDoom than oldDoom, at least talking about the official levels. Personally I think that de-emphasizing backtracking as a way of managing resources ("ah, there was a medkit back here somewhere…") is really a good game design decision as it helps things flow better and makes it more fun, but I do understand how someone could miss that.

I'm not really sure what you mean – it does things like spawning mancubi in high 'turret' locations and spawning cacodemons in mid-air, which seems to be the kind of thing you're talking about?

I do agree spawning is overused a bit but there are technical limitations to take into account. Doom is a forward renderer and they can't just have the enemies spawned in everywhere because muh overdraw.

anyway, reasonable complaints, I don't really agree with all of them but it's better than screaming REEEE REDDIIIIIT to be sure

Because we don't ban for opinions yet

Ikusagami (a budget PS2 game) has 65535 enemies in one of the maps, all onscreen, all active simultaneously, with no frame drops. I'm not saying that consoles are powerful, I'm saying that the D44M programmers were so completely incompetent that they couldn't even implement simple LoD to get around console limitations.

>>>/reddit/

You should very much respect my age, I have been playing vidya long before most of you are born and know what games are good/bad first hand

A lot of the comparisons I'm seeing here is based on word of mouth etc and not actually playing the game

Or reactions from ppl who are watching GameGrumps absolutely bumblefuck their way through the game making it look like dog shit and perceive it as such

Yet most of you idiots defended Deus Ex HR for about 3+ years before reality sank in and you finally got it through your skulls it was a bad game

IE - I take a lot of what chans say with a grain of salt because a lot of the time its either PPL who:

-Have never played the game
-Watched a bad video of the game
-Dismiss anything positive about a game as shilling etc
-Have no idea if a good game is biting them in the ass

I mean shit, I was like one of the few ppl last year advocating Mad Max was a great game and yet everyone shit on it on release (LOL MEDIOCRE) and yet by the end of the year everyone realized it for the gem it was

Now I'll sit back and return to playing nuDoom, and await for the most of you to wake up and realize Overwatch is shit (Poor balance, poor map design, low team pops, terrible engine performance etc)

No one cares faggot.

You sound like some pretentious Youtuber who considers games to be high art or some shit.

Nice non-rebuttal

DOOM 4 IS SO GREAT, THIS MADE ME LOL MY PANTS HARDER THAN MY GF's STRAPON xDDD

LE ARROW KNEE MEME XDDDD

LE ARROW KNEE MEME XDDDD

LE ARROW KNEE MEME XDDDD

LE ARROW KNEE MEME XDDDD

LE ARROW KNEE MEME XDDDD

you are the cancer that is killing Holla Forums

PPL are just asking you for solid reason the game sucks

"LOL GAME SUCKS FUCK OFF SHILL" is not an answer, its a deflection from either an idiot or a troll

>>>/reddit/

All arguments I have seen is from ppl who have not played the single player game

Period

You obviously dislike the game, show us proof you've played it

Is this a new form of autism?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting..

This is great copypasta material that can be used to defend any game. I'll be using it, thanks.

it's like talking to a magical shitposting robot

moot was always a faggot, but he wasn't wrong about that

pic related

An 80 year old with down syndrome stool has down syndrome.

That's industrial metal you imbecile.

So are we being raided or something?

Guess some people are getting to know were they are after all, age isnt a excuse since even old people can be dumb as fuck or clueless. Fuck the shills and redditors in hell.

I agree that chaingunners are just cancer for the most part, though hitscan enemies have the highest priority to kill first because of their hitscan attacks and low HP. They served to force the player to break LoS through the present level geometry, and I think that hitscan enemies in Doom (save for chaingunners) and Marathon (where Troopers would only attack you with hitscan when you are in close range) are one of the few games which implemented hitscan enemies right.

Even so, you usually have enough freedom to move around (or jump over once you got the double jump boots) the enemies, made even easier when you have some ledges to grab on as they serve as a 'get out of jail free' card in the middle of combat.

the threat from the enemies in Serious Sam comes when you can't kill enough of them through crowd control as they eventually catch up to you.

Unfortunately the Glory Kills and Chainsaw are counterproductive against keeping item positions in mind when a Glory Kill drops more health when you are on low health, and enemy encounters are never that long enough that you will run out of chainsaw fuel in order to get more ammo for your weapons, even moreso considering you can usually find enough chainsaw fuel inbetween arenas, so ammo is rarely an issue, especially when you're like me and are more conservative with your ammo
You are indeed forced to cycle through weapons, though it would have helped if they reduced the bloat on the arsenal. The HAR could've just been removed or fused with the shotgun so that there's one general purpose weapon, instead I was using the shotgun for close-range fights and HAR for medium-long range fights when the shotgun used to excel at both, with the additional con that it's more effective to use the Super Shotgun for close range combat instead of the regular shotgun, meaning the regular shotty has little going for it aside from it's alt. fire. The Plasma Rifle is just a projectile-based HAR with a different ammo pool and different alt. fires, the HAR really should have never been there in the first place. The BFG now acts as a nuke instead of an escape weapon as it used to, which seems rather overkill for nuDoom as there aren't as many enemies, let alone situations where you can't move out of the way (thanks to the new vertical combat), but they've accordingly given it a seperate ammo pool from the cells. The alt.fires could have used more inspiration too, the shotgun alt.fire mimicks the rocket launcher while it's other alt.fire mimicks the Super Shotgun. The HAR alt.fire also mimicks the rocket launcher, while the other mimicks the Gauss Rifle. The point of alt.fire modes is to give weapons unique attacks so that they stand out from the rest of the arsenal, not have them resemble other weapons just to save weapon switching time, which is rather pointless considering you switch weapons in nuDoom rather quickly. Unreal Tournament and Blood are a great example of varied weapon arsenal.

Which is rather ironic when there are secrets in nuDoom levels which you literally have to go back a level for after receiving the necessary upgrades in order to reach. Though you're right about Glory Kills keeping the flow, the whole system itself is a massive contradiction. In order to keep the player in the flow, we briefly take his control away for a cinematic takedown and drop some health, when you could just kill an enemy and have him drop items based on the distance between you and the enemy for similar results, without taking away control from the player. A better example of creating a flow would also be to introduce more enemies with less health instead of less enemies with more health, as you naturally feels like a carnage when you're killing more. But we have to raise the HP because consoles can't handle legions of enemies on screen, and because you can't Glory Kill an enemy if they already die after the first shot. And there's barely any risk/reward thing going on with Glory Kills, when staggered enemies are practically marked for death long enough for you to take a shit and finish them off, as you are invincible throughout the animation duration. That, and the drops Glory Kills (and Chainsaw) provide are more than often enough for the player to the point where placed items are just an additional source of help, when it should have been the other way around. Had Glory Kills dropped less items, been more challenging to pull off, not forced all enemy HP to be increased so that it could be properly accommodated in the gameplay, and not forced you through albeit short takedown animations, then I'd have appreciated it some more. As it stands now, it's a mechanic which allows level designers to be lazy with item placement. Item placement can be used to design a variety of cool encounters in levels, whereas something like Glory Kills puts that layer of level complexity in the dumpster.

Kindly shut the fuck up

Naw, that's faggot metal.

Stall memes reddit tard

Show me your favorite metal track you weenie cuckfaggot.

Sexy, post moar

Circle strafing in nuDoom will get you nowhere as most enemies can outrun you

You have to jump around like a jackrabbit on crack and put obstacles between you and them or they'll absolutely fuck you up

We sure are!

What are you trying to say.

Triggered nigger

So do you just have assburgers or do you have fullblown autism?

Where do you lie on the spectrum?

Being a millennial sucks doesn't it.

I am trying to have a serious discussion here.

Yeah, it's like Serious Sam, but with more restricted areas. Or maybe even TF2.

What?

O U T

That anybody who thinks the only ppl that like the game is shills

you have some plebbit-lvl taste in metal

Just play Terminator: Rampage.

Let me judge your taste then fam.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuck/
>>>/a/ utism

THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED BUT IT WILL

I really don't get why you keep posting gore in a totally unrelated thread. Mind to explain?

He thinks he's being cool

Literally that's it

R I P A N D T E A R

I guess, I dunno

The fact that you don't know just proves it.

Underrated reply.

Ackshullary, I said Holla Forums hates the nuDoom, but I didn't know why because I hadn't played Doom 2 yet.

Another day another little kid virtue signalling doom to show us how much of a rrrrreal gamurrrrrr he is

I'm one of those faggots who loves Fallout 4 till you get about 20-30 hours in and you run out of weapons/shit to make and yet the game keeps throwing harder and harder shit at you making it unfun as possible

Those first 20-30 hours are great though, after that is total crap

SKYRIM WAS SO GOOD GUIZ, I CAN'T WAIT FOR TODD HOWARD'S NEXT GAME!

FALLOUT 4 WAS SO FUN xD, I MADE BERNIE IN FALLOUT4 SO EVERYONE FEELS THE BERN AND I INSTALLED WEED MODS FOR MY BROS AT /R/TREES XD. BERNIN' THOSE RASTA LEAVES LIKE LEAFY DID!

My advice is to hold onto a walkthrough for Doom 2, a bit of the game actual progression is done through secrets and I doubt you want to back track for hours on end

MoonDoom thread.

What are good level wads for moondoom?

My Aryan brother, let's lynch some niggers and spics

And gas the kikes with Zyklon Ben

Everyone on Reddit*

Which is where these shitposters are from.

did they deid?

I never played the original doom.

should I play it completely vanilla?

download doomseeker and connect to a server that has that wad installed.
you'll have a blast

get smooth doom. it make it run nicer and adds some new animations

Yes

Nobody listen to this faggot. You don't need a walkthrough for Doom.

That explains alot.

is there a some kind of download bundle that has everything I need in it?

nah, go play zandronum.

Yes, if you buy Doom 1 on GoG, they'll have it bundled with DOSbox and can be played as soon as you install it. However I recommend you use a source port.

I'll post some instructions in a bit.

thx

You don't need a walk through for any game

Jesus christ I'm only trying to be helpful and you're being a sperg

There's a few parts in DOOM 2 where shit is not easily obvious, and I was trying to help out

Be a retard elsewhere

1. Pirate the game. Don't buy it, because you will not give Romero, either Carmack, Prince, et al money. It will only go to Zenimax/Bethesda. Fuck em.

mega:///#F!kkxVERRR!RZl_z9CAh4zUhkjv5aDVUQ!h0RkhQKT

Click on the following folders:
vidya > Doom stuff > All classic Doom
Then download that file

2. Get a source port. Use PrBoom since it's closely matches vanilla Doom while being compatible with modern computers.

prboom.sourceforge.net/windows.html

3. Put the DOOM wad file from the "All classic doom" folder in the PrBoom folder.

4. Then click on the prboom.exe and play.

Stay mad reddit fag.

Yeah dude, realize its the map design that makes doom such a great game.

This is GZDoom. Will run just about everything, with nice modern options.

devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

I swear, it's like you people don't know how to have fun around here.

The game has plenty of flaws but it was still a good game. I wouldn't suggest anyone pay for it because fuck Bethesda, but it's certainly worth a pirate.

Knee-Deep in the Dead is my favourite.
I was never able to get Knee-Deep in ZDoom working, which is unfortunate.

Look user, I want to check your dubs, but you clearly didnt even play the game.

You are the most insufferable faggot I had the displeasure to meet. You are not from here, get the fuck out
get
the fuck
out
faggot

Yup, 60 dolaroos well spent user!

WHEN ARE WE PLAYING DOOM MULTIPLAYER TOGETHER?

The absolute madman.

19 years later it's a stunning game in terms of level design, complexity, variety of weapons, and cheesy FMV cutscenes.

It's an old image. Do we have an edited version?

And you're the reason why vidya is shit nowadays user. Fps games were perfected near the start of the genre. All this "innovation" has made fps games worse, and in fact the worst parts in NuDoom is the parts where they tried to do something new.

If something ain't broke you don't try and fix it.

No that was my normalfags roommate. I just was able to play it because he got it. I went in thinking it was gonna be shit, but got proven wrong. Like I said it has a lot of flaws but it's still a decent fps game.

Holla Forums here.

DID SOMEONE SAY RIP AND TEAR?

RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS

YEAH! Holla Forums with story-time to save this miserable thread.

THE SUGAR SWEET KISS OF HEAVY ORDINANCE

Holla Forums! Thank God you're here!

MY CAUSE IS JUST…MY WILL IS STRONG…

==AND THIS STORY-TIME IS VERY, VERY==done.

Thanks based Holla Forums poster.

Jesus fucking christ, shill harder, this isn't even a memespouting autismal word at this point, you guys are definitely shills with all this bullshit. It's especially obvious when I keep fucking reading shit like what's written above, where if someone doesn't explicitly prove that they've played the game, you just dismiss any criticisms as 'that's wrong, you clearly never played the game!' Even though the real reason that nobody has given you a clear argument, is because you're so abysmally obvious that no quality posters want to fucking bother with your stupid asses. Hey, newsflash retards: anyone with a brain ITT, has already seen how all the mechanics in Doom4 work by watching some of the 15,000+ gameplay videos on Youtube, or even just seen the introduction footage at E3, and said, 'Yeah that looks like absolute garbage, I'm not buying that shit.' But the most obvious as all holy fuck reason that you are as obvious as you are, is that you somefucking how just managed to miss ALL the gigantic fucking shitstorms of Doom threads we've had since the week the game released, I think we went one single day without a Doom thread, and some faggot started another one.

So here, I will spoonfeed you, seeing as you're so fucking dependent on people just giving you shit.

FUCK OFF THEN
THERE IS NO FUCKING IN-BETWEEN HERE WHEN YOU DISCUSS VIDEO GAMES, THIS IS THE BOARD FOR IT.
WE DISCUSS WEAPONS, LEVEL DESIGN, AND GENERAL GAME MECHANICS HERE, AND OTHERWISE THE INNER WORKINGS OF ALL VIDEOGAMES, AND WHAT MAKES THEM FUN.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING ABOUT THEM, OR TALKING ABOUT THEM IN-DEPTH, YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
THANK YOU Holla Forums FOR MAKING THIS THREAD SLIGHTLY LESS AUTISTIC

Holla Forums FUCKING ATE MY IMAGE, REPOSTING
FUCK YES, TRIPS

the numbers god blessed you

Can we have just one thread about old games without someone bringing the reboot up?
People don't mention Thi4f in Thief threads, do they?

There used to be separate threads for that (like Brutal Doom threads and regular Doom threads), though OP wasn't exactly clear with his intentions since he was too busy sucking cock.

Am I the only one who dislikes the slow tracks in DOOM? I want to hear something like "I sawed the demons" through the entire fucking playthrough.

Twelve is not a respectable age.

Amen and checked, but that first part was obivously not meant to reply to Holla Forums's last post. Who were you responding to? Mr. 2643a4?

Jenna?

It only makes sense if you shit up the game so much that the graphics force you to change the gameplay into something objectively worse

Doom 1 > Doom 64 > Doom 2 > Doom 4 = Doom 3

see there's a few of them. The first quote in that post just wasn't supposed to be there, I guess I put it there by accident when filling out the Captcha. I don't post much.

thx guys, nearly done with the first campaign.

should I play on the hardest difficulty? I am playing on the second hardest atm and I only died twice so far. I always search for as many secrets as I can so health, ammo and armor are basically full at all times. except after finishing a "hoard room", you know ther ones where you pick something up or flip a switch and then get swarmed.

how do you guys do your saving? every secret? every big room? every mega health?
I have done very little saving so far mybe twice per level usually after a big pickup.

Nah, nightmare is just ultra tryhard gamemode

Dont save faggot

Okay

You can go through 99% of the game without doing them. The only time glory kills are required for is finishing off the bosses.

You have an infinite use energy pistol, It sucks but you'll always have ammo. Also as you keep playing and unlocking more guns, get max ammo increases, and you get the relic that make enemies drop ammo. Ammo shouldn't ever be a concern to you.

This is blatantly false, there's health and armor laying all over the place. Glory kills are there in case you fuck up, the levels have more then enough health laying around for you to survive. This faggot sounds like he should git gud. Also enemies drop health anyway if your low on healthwhich is dumb in you don't even need to do a glory kill.

What the fuck am I even reading there's item placements all around the levels. As I said you shouldn't even need to use glory kills the item placements are more then enough to sustain you.

The faggot sounds like he hasn't even played the game with how much he gets wrong in the first post. Fuck this going back to playing vidya can't believe I was actually gonna respond to this whole thing, but when your entire first post is full of bullshit it's not even worth it.

NuDoom has a lot of issues but this faggot doesn't even sound like he understand what the actual issues are.

You see, there is a difference between innovation and doing somthing new. We dont always need innovation, but if the game does nothing new, whats the point of buying it. Doom 2 added the super shotgun, final doom added tons of new levels, doom 3 had a cool new lighting engine. What does nuDooM do? Upgrades we've seen in every shooter post 2012? Arenas just like serious sam? Glory kills? The game has jumping, but whats the point if it doesnt do vertical levels. If it actaully wanted to do somthing new and make the game worth full price, i atleast wanted to see vertical levels. The only new gun (that i saw) was the assault rifle. Wheres the guns that old doom couldnt do? Wheres the flame thrower? Wheres the sniper rifle? Where is the grenade launcher (thats not attached to the shotgun)? Why not do jetpacks and have areial combat? Just make it stand out from old doom while doing somthing new. NuDooM feels like a rehash of old doom with modern touches for the worst.

Saving every level on Ultra Violence. Nightmare is kinda bullshit.
Trust me, I did the same shit as you with saving every big room and keeping my health as high as I could through the entire game. Just blazing down every level and missing a bunch of secrets feels better

You can complete most levels in OG Doom without killing any enemy, though it's obviously encouraged that you shouldn't pass up the golden opportunity. Which also doesn't change the fact that the game would have been better off without Glory Kills in the first place, had the game not been designed around them.

Isn't that a problem? If ammo is always at a constant supply with the chainsaw acting as a portable ammo replenisher, then you might as well never have bothered with ammo in the first place and give infinite ammo for everything except the BFG. Only at the beginning does ammo not grow on trees.

Then why add Glory Kills? If it served a purpose similar to MGS V's reflex which "you don't have to use unless you're a casualand can turn off" then it'd make more sense that enemies would just die from bleeding out or something after they're done being staggered so that I don't have to waste ammo finishing them off. Instead they balanced the whole game around the Glory Kills. They could've either stuck with just Glory Kills as a means of gaining health 'for the flow' or just relying on item placement entirely 'for the DOOM' instead they went for something inbetween where it's too easy to fix your mistakes.

Don't enemies drop more health through Glory Kills when you're low on health instead of the amount when they're killed normally?

Save at the beginning of each level, when you spawn; but nowhere else, so you learn to complete each level from beginning to end.

Knowing that you die a few times on Hurt Me Plenty, keep doing that until Episode 4. Then, replay the first three episodes on Ultra Violence. Get a feel for dodging, enemy placement, strafing etc.Then play Ep. 4 on HMP. If you can't get past the first two Ep. 4 maps, then lower the difficultly.

I suggest that you play the other official Doom wads before ever attempting Ep. 4 on Ultra Violence.

Never try Nightmare unless you want to speedrun the game and love torturing yourself.

Holla Forums is so polluted with faggots like you that I'm sure you've driven away almost all non-turbo-autist that might have stumbled into infinatechan. I bet almost everyone you argue with is shitposting just to get a rise out of you.

You can like NuDoom if you're retarded, a child, or a non-gaming normalfag.

Seeing as you have an average vocabulary and you can't be a normalfag for posting on Holla Forums, therefore, you're retarded.

Why do we have to waste our time repeating the same thing over and over if you idiots and shills can't accept those well-reasoned arguments.

Fuck off fag

Glory kills are a fun way to do health packs

What's more fun, splatting some demon brains all over the wall or picking up a health pack with a "Shump" sound?

christ fam, be careful you don't pop a vein

I'm not all three and I like nuDoom

So does about every major youtuber other than Markiplier/GameGrumps because they fucking suck at it

I guess we just have different views there user. Sometimes playing the same games just gets boring, and I like to play something new even if the new game doesn't really add anything new of substance to the genre. I still enjoy modern jrpgs even though I think the genre was perfected in the 6th gen.

And that's what I said the "innovation" and modernized parts of NuDoom are the worst parts about it, but under that layer of bullshit there's a solid shooter there.

I feel like if you're a type of person who like FPS games and you feel like playing something new, you'll probably enjoy NuDoomshould still pirate it though. If you're a type of person that still loves the oldies and can play them non-stop just keep enjoying them.

Yeah and that's a problem I have with this game, there's far too many times where you have to kill everything to move on.

Yes that's an actual problem with the game. Later on ammo becomes too abundant. I was only saying ammo really isn't scarce which is what that picture said.

To cater to the casual who do screw up. They really aren't needed though, which is what the picture said. I wish they got rid of them, hell I turned off the dumb glow effect because it got annoying anytime I staggered an enemy they started to glow blue.

I'm just saying if the game was made around glory kills they would be required to use while playing the game, which they aren't you can make it through the game just fine without doing them. Well I guess you do need to do them to finish off bosses, but that's more of a dumb "cinematic" finisher thing

Wouldn't be surprised, I barely did any glory kills at low health so I'm not too sure. My point was that you don't even need to do glory kills to get health drops which is what the picture said.

Anyway I'm leaving this thread. I don't feel like NuDoom is good enough of game to spend time actually defending it. I just think people here give it more hate then it actually deserves.

And ppl in this thread have been saying I'm the autistic fucktard

gaining health through killing enemies could have been executed a lot better than what D44M did
you can tell the dropped health was just an afterthought because in id's many restarts of the D44M development they couldn't find any viable reason to perform those ultra cool takedowns the animators worked so hard on

I'm just saying if the game was made around glory kills they would be required to use while playing the game, which they aren't you can make it through the game just fine without doing them. Well I guess you do need to do them to finish off bosses, but that's more of a dumb "cinematic" finisher thing

Don't forget to add that playing on nightmare makes them just plain suicidal to use.

Lets all agree on this at least

The enemies in nuDoom are far faster

I remember in Doom 1-2 the only real threat was leaving hitscan enemies alive

ID wanted to make the game actually hard so they made you have to work for health packs

Its not an afterthought, the only other option is regenerating health and nobody wants that in a DOOM game

Show me, you can't even make it through Doom 1-2 without grabbing health

As for the nightmare comment I don't know, but the only time I've been getting hit doing glory kills is when I run into the middle of a zerg of enemies to do one

I'll admit, even though D44M is shit, I'm glad that most of the memes or jokes in it are Doom-related, like they put this dance in as one of the multiplayer taunts

Fuck out of here, if the enemies werent faster you wouldnt see any.

Doom 2's maps were total garbage compared to Doom 1.

Friendly reminder: anyone who types it "DooM" is a millenial trying to fit in.

Nice non-rebuttal

I do have to agree on this. Doom 2 had some really bad levels. But it also had some good. The whole game wasnt just bad levels, but there were enough to say it had bad levels

One enemy isn't the majority

I take it back, apparently there's a fucking Vault Boy doll in the game

and arrow to le knee

The enemies of Doom 4 are not "far faster" it is just that nuDoomguy is significantly slower, even a look at the snapmap videos showcasing the enemies demonstrates this with only one that is legitimately zipping around all over the place. And the rest being very sluggish and blatantly telegraphing themselves when going for melee. You just think they're faster because the speed which the sprites from Doom 1 moves is not faster then the Doom 4 enemy's idle and misc animations. Although the movement of the Doom 1 enemies appears to be slower that's only because Doomguy is much, much faster.

What

This.
Just look at how slow the gameplay is on the classic maps in relation to the previous games

Fucking disgusting

Oh my god! He did the ba la la la!!

>However, they have a huge advantage over many of their counterparts: speed. They can outrun any character except the charging lost soul, the cyberdemon, the revenant, the arch-vile, and the player. Due to its speed, the demon closes distances very quickly, often running towards the player in a zig-zag pattern, making it harder to hit, and helping to corner the player.

4 more enemies are faster than the lost soul. I picked that one out as most people remember it charging towards them and I knew you were going to shift the goalposts after conceding that it's faster than any enemy in nuDoom.

When it comes to speed the newer game is slow compared to the real thing. There's no argument or opinion to be made here on this topic; it's a shooter made for modern teenage audiences on consoles. The original was made for adults who had state of the art thousand dollar computers.

YOU'RE WRONG.

ALL GAMES ARE SHIT.

So is every other non-2.5D shooter.

Doom was made by people who were barely older than teens and could run on a fucking 386, which is why it was installed everywhere back when the shareware episode came out.

LOL wow

But other than that the game itself was ok, it was better than Doom 3 but it doesn't stand the test of time thanks to snapmap being a horrible piece of shit, and quite frankly they at least did away with SSG only autism by having 2 weapon loadouts in MP

Did you try Mr. CHris's Brutalized Levels for Doom 1&2? I greatly prefer the first Doom with that, much more enemies and areas.

> >>>/reddit/

He's called Facebook Frog you fucking faggot.

thanks for outing yourself faggot.

Nice projection there, nigger.

Yeah, I was just in the thread discussing it on Holla Forums a few days ago.

Yet you think 2.5D shooters are faster than any 3D ones? You're this fucking gay.

do you just go in to every thread and post this?

Maybe if you actually played an arena shooter instead of watching CPMA Clan Arena Rocket Jump highlights on jewtube and thinking arena shooters are always that fast you would agree with me.

Doom 1&2 are faster than Quake 1/2/3, UT 99/2004/Alpha, and Tribes is so different from any of those I don't even fucking know why you brought it up.

Hey, I get it, Holla Forums is about regurgitating memes and pretending like you fucking know something. Half the shitposters on here act like hardcore arena shooter fans, yet the UT servers sit around like 60 concurrent players, Quake Live isn't much better, and every other arena shooter is fucking dead.

I love you so fucking much user

We're being raided by nuDoom shills ever since release, where the hell have you been?

Scratch that, ever since E3 footage, but the number of them has significantly increased post-release. Shame that they've been ignoring the Boston Salt Party 2.0, could've been more fun.

literally literally literally literally literally literally literally

Doing God's work, user.