How was this game? I saw it on one of Holla Forums's recommended games lists. It surprised me to say the least...

How was this game? I saw it on one of Holla Forums's recommended games lists. It surprised me to say the least, but I like action games and journalists generally disliked this entry. Is it worth picking up for 5 bucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3_Yi4dd-H0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its god of war, good for a playthrough but doesn't bring much to the table especially compared to like GOW2

I haven't played that one but it's probably a boring square-mashing shitfest like all the others

pretty much anything is.

So 2 is more or less the peak of the series?

About how high on the list is this one? Better than 3?

Hey, that 5 dollars could go towards gas.

yeah, 2 is definitely the peak, ascension upgraded the combat a bit but didn't have as many memorable locations or bosses which the game kinda relied on

Going ahead and downloading 2 now then.

So between Ascension, 3, and Dante's Inferno

Which would you say is the most worthwhile next gen button masher?

out of those 3 i'd go with GOW3

gotcha, I appreciate the help

the wiki was taken over by marketers and reddit, they even had Borderlands on there for the longest time

that wouldn't surprise me.

There is nowhere left.

God of War? I don't think so.

No. There's no where left for dumbshit retards like you.

meanwhile
Go back to Reddit if you want a circlejerk so much

at least he's talking about games

It contributes nothing new to the story-line and worsens the combat in just about every way imaginable. It also likes to zoom the camera out so far that you can barely see what the fuck is going on. I tried replaying it a few weeks ago to see if it had any patch improvements from when it first came out - I still couldn't stand it. The game was really engineered from the ground up to be a multiplayer GoW and they butchered the SP experience for it.

maybe you should go back to the cancerous shithole you came from

>>>/halfchan/

I actually liked the combat. I'm surprised they didn't implement the whole grapple system sooner.

Man, I've already played just about every action game out there so now I'm trying to grasp at straws. Beat Ninja Gaiden Black, beat DMC 1-4, beat Bayonetta 1-2, beat Wonderful101. I was just hoping that since this game was on Holla Forums's recommended list and was poorly received by journalists it might be worth something.

Ascension is rubbish. The story is shit, the locations suck, the gameplay doesn't flow well, recycled enemies from God of War 3, shoehorned multiplayer, etc. At least the music was decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=P3_Yi4dd-H0

It's a mediocre game by GoW standards so if you have played all the other and want more button mashing and gore why not, slight bonus points for the furies being vaguely /monster/ material.

Even the smaller ones? (Freesia, MKH, Rainblood etc)

Played Freesia, great game but a tad short and there isn't much replay value. Haven't played the other two. MKH?

And yeah, I'm might go ahead and hold off on ascension, thought the /monster/ aspect is tempting. If it's mediocre by GOW standards when the series isn't all that great to begin with doesn't really fill me with confidence on even spending 5 dollars on it.

Yeesh, sorry for the messy post. Took some pain killers for a pulled muscle and it looks like they are messing with me a little more than I thought.

Worst of the series.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

Rainblood is pretty good but slower paced than DMC

If you haven't really looked into it here are also a few other games that aren't quite as good as DMC but share some elements like:
>Dusty's Revenge

Not gonna lie some of those are really just glorified Beat-em-up with a tiny bit more comboing than the average but they're generally cheap or underappreciated (although most of those should just be a straight pirate for various reason such as shit devs or early access) and can still be fun if you don't have anything else to play and don't want to replay other better games.

There's also a few games in that inspired DMC on PS1 and copied it on PS2 if you're looking for more stuff but I don't have a list of those near me (although Shinobi on PS2 is a given)

God of War only got popularity with dudebros, it was the Gears of War of its time.
Only got popular for having a unique setting, having gore and tits and being a Playstation exclusive which got some pretty hefty marketing.
Also pretty skyboxes

Game itself has always been mediocre, the puzzle sections especially.

I appreciate the list user, I'll definitely check them out and see if any catch my attention.

and shinobi was a good oneā€¦ bit of a bitch during the second half, but still good.

The setting, scale, and snake girls caught my attention initially. The gameplay always looked slow and boring but I was hoping I was wrong.

that's not god of war 3 tho

Ascension was just wrong and Dante was okish at best

Locking combos behind a rage meter that depleats faster than a whore's knickers is what fucked up the combat system. Also the relentless hand holding cutscenes really breaks up the flow of the game. If you could turn that off then it wouldn't be frustrating on repeat playthroughs. At least when you find the special item to have infinite rage meter the combat feels correct.

its literally a one button mashing with QTEs, i couldnt replay it if you paid me

Katros comes off as a bit edgy and dumb

The coolest thing about the series is how the humans are always at war on the background and you go through it like you dont give a flying fuck about anything but your revenge

Only if you play on normal difficulty. GOW2 on Titan mode is fucking brutal, having to use block, launchers, and ariel throws at enemies are a must, even using the Barbarian Hammer with Euryale's head on cyclop's is a must right near the end of the game. You really have to know what tactics to use.

bullshit my man, you just have to bash a different button for each enemy type, its just a shallow gimmick

Have you ever done Titan Mode because I have, and I'm telling you that is what you have to do.

Don't know about most of those, but X-Blades is grade A shit. Seriously, it ranks as one of the worst games I've ever played.

Finally someone else who knows about this game

Has my non stop shilling worked

seeing as you have a ps3, it's not like a game being shit will stop you from playing it. start lying to others not yourself and just get the game

don't bother with trying to fit in, not only are you easy to spot nobody will know you next thread.
If it wasn't for mark being a faggot and enabling IDs here not even others in this thread would know you inbetween posts either

Have you tried Darksiders?
mix of Zelda and GoW