Rankin Bass Christmas Thread

That time of year again, Holla Forums, to roll out the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials.
Must Watch
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
hooktube.com/watch?v=BVAc0FJdYoA
Jack Frost
dailymotion.com/video/x3hb0p9
The Little Drummer Boy
hooktube.com/watch?v=LMIW7HR2LOo
The Year Without A Santa Claus
dailymotion.com/video/x2chays
Enjoy the season, Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=LCc3kbTQne0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for starting thread OP.
Any chance you know what Santa's bounty was up to lately?

JACK FROST ISN'T A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! IT'S A GROUNDHOG DAY SPECIAL YOU DOUBLE NIGGER!

Really made me think.

How much was it again? I'm sure Santa is worth serious money nowadays.

What about Frosty the Snowman?

Pleb tier list to be honest

hooktube.com/watch?v=LCc3kbTQne0

I usually wait when they start airing on TV

Then why was the town called January Junction.

I loved how the specials became more darker and more epic near the end of their run.

These two fucking contradicted the origins of Santa. Imagine how confusing this was to kids back then.

Because the special transitions from Christmas to Groundhogs. It's kind of like A Nightmare Before Christmas, where it's a Halloween and Christmas movie. Besides, it has a Christmas song in it.

I forgot about this. Pretty underrated special. It was a hell of a good way to go out.

Why the character has been in plenty of Christmas themed material, I feel he should be considered one by association.

why did they make Jack Frost look like a jew?

Because he tried to steal Christmas from Santa just like Santa stole it from Jesus. Christmas in general is a tale of Religious Jews stealing the holiday, then having the holiday stolen from them by corporate Jews.

Remember the time Shaggy voiced Peter Cottontail and he used a time machine to go to every holiday to make up for losing to a villianous rabbit voiced by Vincent Price?

WRONG!
Christmas is about garland, tinsel, and crazy lights with ornaments strung up all around you as delightful aromas like pine and candied ham waft through your home. Chop a small pine tree down and put it in your house right before you get extra comfy with some hot chocolate and a toastie fire to finally set the right atmosphere for some of your favorite Christmas specials.

And Holla Forums has the best Christmas specials.

It sure was confusing to me as a kid. Still, I think I like the 'raised by fairies' origin better than the 'raised by elves' one in hindsight.

During Christmas, all I do is dream of girls only wearing panties and too large sweaters and fap furiously.

That sounds pretty festive as well.

That I do remember.

It's sad how during the mid 70's when Christmas specials peaked after rankin bass produced their last great Christmas special did the quality and elements started going downhill.

You mean holiday specials?

Actually, I do wonder if it has something to do about the rise of anti-Christian sentiment in America. With the whole war on Christmas thing where you can have the star of David and the Islamic moon on school campus but not Nativity.

That's crap. The Micky Mouse Christmas special directly referenced the nativity. The problem is that Christmas specials suffer from the same issues modern cartoons do. Quality takes a nose-dive as companies try to churn them out as cheaply as possible.

Also, they're still called "Christmas specials".

Remember the Ed Edd n Eddy special?

Here's a list of movies I like to watch this time of year.

Groundhog day isnt a Christmas movie

When it comes to a crappy Christmas, accept no substitutes.

Why are these the only good Christmas specials by Hanna Barbera?

Yeah but its winter related so I like watching it around Christmas.

I actually pirated that a couple days ago because I wanted to see if it was any good.It wasn't

What's up with the kid's eyes in the Flintstone one?

how can santa be raised by elves, then enslave them as his workforce?

I'm so conflicted, some of these make me want to punch you in the nose and others make me want to have a beer and watch em with you

Beats me, but that's how the first Santa origin special went.

Down syndrome

Yes but which one is the better special.

The Life and Adventures of Santa of course.

Heat miser best miser

His version was noticeably slower than Snow Miser's and it's just a better sounding song.

I disagree, I think Snow Miser's is upbeat and fun while Heat Miser's is too slow.

This is my favorite of all the Rankin/Bass Songs

what's that rudolph pic from? obviously not a remake or remastered special, some sort of parody then?

The Rudolph pic is a recreation of the scene. I can't recall if the figurines were genuine or not, because most of them were damaged and lost through the years. I remember my grandmother had similar figurines.

nigga you can't tell those aren't the originals?
it's a damn shame they couldn't have preserved the original puppets somewhere.

It's because they didn't think the special would be so big so they gave them to family friends and over the years they got ruined. It's a shame.

I remember that Flintstones special.

Wasn't the boy adopted by the Flinstones?

Yeah.

Yes. They adopted the little punk.

The special itself made me aware that the Flintstones actually have a finished continuity. Pebbles and Bam-bam grow up, get married, and have kids. That's a real novelty in long running cartoons.

Of course, Warner doesn't acknowledge it, since they got to keep the IP farm running.