Rankin Bass Christmas Thread

Jose Perry
Jose Perry

That time of year again, Holla Forums, to roll out the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials.
Must Watch
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
hooktube.com/watch?v=BVAc0FJdYoA
Jack Frost
dailymotion.com/video/x3hb0p9
The Little Drummer Boy
hooktube.com/watch?v=LMIW7HR2LOo
The Year Without A Santa Claus
dailymotion.com/video/x2chays
Enjoy the season, Holla Forums.

All urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=BVAc0FJdYoA
dailymotion.com/video/x3hb0p9
hooktube.com/watch?v=LMIW7HR2LOo
dailymotion.com/video/x2chays
hooktube.com/watch?v=LCc3kbTQne0

Isaac Morgan
Isaac Morgan

Thanks for starting thread OP.
Any chance you know what Santa's bounty was up to lately?

Ethan Gonzalez
Ethan Gonzalez

Jack Frost

JACK FROST ISN'T A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! IT'S A GROUNDHOG DAY SPECIAL YOU DOUBLE NIGGER!

Jacob Evans
Jacob Evans

Groundhog's Day special
Takes place mostly in Christmas
Really made me think.
How much was it again? I'm sure Santa is worth serious money nowadays.

Matthew Murphy
Matthew Murphy

What about Frosty the Snowman?

Aaron Stewart
Aaron Stewart

not including Lord of the Santas

Pleb tier list to be honest

Charles Morales
Charles Morales

posts picture of Rudolph
doesnt post a link
hooktube.com/watch?v=LCc3kbTQne0

Benjamin Martinez
Benjamin Martinez

I usually wait when they start airing on TV

Robert Reyes
Robert Reyes

Takes place mostly in Christmas
Then why was the town called January Junction.

I loved how the specials became more darker and more epic near the end of their run.

Justin Sullivan
Justin Sullivan

These two fucking contradicted the origins of Santa. Imagine how confusing this was to kids back then.

Cooper Allen
Cooper Allen

Because the special transitions from Christmas to Groundhogs. It's kind of like A Nightmare Before Christmas, where it's a Halloween and Christmas movie. Besides, it has a Christmas song in it.

Hunter Carter
Hunter Carter

I forgot about this. Pretty underrated special. It was a hell of a good way to go out.

Nathaniel Myers
Nathaniel Myers

Implying
Why the character has been in plenty of Christmas themed material, I feel he should be considered one by association.

Carson Myers
Carson Myers

why did they make Jack Frost look like a jew?

Cooper Baker
Cooper Baker

Because he tried to steal Christmas from Santa just like Santa stole it from Jesus. Christmas in general is a tale of Religious Jews stealing the holiday, then having the holiday stolen from them by corporate Jews.

Thomas Sanders
Thomas Sanders

Remember the time Shaggy voiced Peter Cottontail and he used a time machine to go to every holiday to make up for losing to a villianous rabbit voiced by Vincent Price?

Christopher Thomas
Christopher Thomas

WRONG!
Christmas is about garland, tinsel, and crazy lights with ornaments strung up all around you as delightful aromas like pine and candied ham waft through your home. Chop a small pine tree down and put it in your house right before you get extra comfy with some hot chocolate and a toastie fire to finally set the right atmosphere for some of your favorite Christmas specials.

And Holla Forums has the best Christmas specials.

Evan Brown
Evan Brown

It sure was confusing to me as a kid. Still, I think I like the 'raised by fairies' origin better than the 'raised by elves' one in hindsight.

Luke Robinson
Luke Robinson

During Christmas, all I do is dream of girls only wearing panties and too large sweaters and fap furiously.

Christopher Carter
Christopher Carter

That sounds pretty festive as well.

Caleb Hughes
Caleb Hughes

That I do remember.

Camden Hernandez
Camden Hernandez

It's sad how during the mid 70's when Christmas specials peaked after rankin bass produced their last great Christmas special did the quality and elements started going downhill.

Jordan Adams
Jordan Adams

the mid 70's when Christmas specials peaked
You mean holiday specials?

Juan Howard
Juan Howard

Actually, I do wonder if it has something to do about the rise of anti-Christian sentiment in America. With the whole war on Christmas thing where you can have the star of David and the Islamic moon on school campus but not Nativity.

Elijah Price
Elijah Price

Actually, I do wonder if it has something to do about the rise of anti-Christian sentiment in America.

That's crap. The Micky Mouse Christmas special directly referenced the nativity. The problem is that Christmas specials suffer from the same issues modern cartoons do. Quality takes a nose-dive as companies try to churn them out as cheaply as possible.

Also, they're still called "Christmas specials".

Easton Williams
Easton Williams

Remember the Ed Edd n Eddy special?

Tyler Walker
Tyler Walker

Here's a list of movies I like to watch this time of year.

Benjamin Nguyen
Benjamin Nguyen

Windows

Anthony Sanders
Anthony Sanders

Groundhog day isnt a Christmas movie

Dylan Taylor
Dylan Taylor

no Jingle All the Way

When it comes to a crappy Christmas, accept no substitutes.

Christian Johnson
Christian Johnson

Why are these the only good Christmas specials by Hanna Barbera?

Noah Sanchez
Noah Sanchez

Yeah but its winter related so I like watching it around Christmas.
I actually pirated that a couple days ago because I wanted to see if it was any good.It wasn't

Bentley Anderson
Bentley Anderson

What's up with the kid's eyes in the Flintstone one?

Luis Smith
Luis Smith

how can santa be raised by elves, then enslave them as his workforce?

Levi Campbell
Levi Campbell

I'm so conflicted, some of these make me want to punch you in the nose and others make me want to have a beer and watch em with you

Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper

Beats me, but that's how the first Santa origin special went.

Joshua Hill
Joshua Hill

Down syndrome

Angel Stewart
Angel Stewart

Yes but which one is the better special.

Blake Allen
Blake Allen

The Life and Adventures of Santa of course.

Gabriel Nelson
Gabriel Nelson

Heat miser best miser

Connor Jenkins
Connor Jenkins

His version was noticeably slower than Snow Miser's and it's just a better sounding song.

Sebastian Jackson
Sebastian Jackson

I disagree, I think Snow Miser's is upbeat and fun while Heat Miser's is too slow.

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

This is my favorite of all the Rankin/Bass Songs

John Hall
John Hall

what's that rudolph pic from? obviously not a remake or remastered special, some sort of parody then?

Kevin Lopez
Kevin Lopez

The Rudolph pic is a recreation of the scene. I can't recall if the figurines were genuine or not, because most of them were damaged and lost through the years. I remember my grandmother had similar figurines.

Austin Gutierrez
Austin Gutierrez

nigga you can't tell those aren't the originals?
it's a damn shame they couldn't have preserved the original puppets somewhere.

Jackson Stewart
Jackson Stewart

It's because they didn't think the special would be so big so they gave them to family friends and over the years they got ruined. It's a shame.

Wyatt Davis
Wyatt Davis

I remember that Flintstones special.

Wasn't the boy adopted by the Flinstones?

Ian Morris
Ian Morris

Yeah.

Josiah Scott
Josiah Scott

Yes. They adopted the little punk.

The special itself made me aware that the Flintstones actually have a finished continuity. Pebbles and Bam-bam grow up, get married, and have kids. That's a real novelty in long running cartoons.

Of course, Warner doesn't acknowledge it, since they got to keep the IP farm running.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit