Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/P0hS4
archive.is/K5xQV
archive.is/1AP7J
nichegamer.com/2016/05/27/no-mans-sky-officially-delayed-august-9/
archive.is/kJRRp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Someone will defend this.

They must have realised that they forgot to give you anything to do.

They'll just need the time to put a nactual game in it.
Don't worry goy, your shekles are safe with them.

Don't you get it user? By giving us nothing to do we can do anything.

So are they trying to unfuck it or are they taking their money and running to mexico?

even the pre-release stage is neverending.

wew

Kek.

YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING
BILLION PLANETS AWAIT YOU
ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
SEE THAT PLANET? YOU CAN LAND THERE

Got a smirk outta me.

Wasn't this shit kikestarted too?

Holy fuck.. Really? I remember the devs demonstrating that you can name everything you find. What is the point of even going down to a planet then? Why not just bee line it to the "end game" in the middle of the universe?

You can, but there will be a DaS2-tier word filter.

Ayy.

Because there is a Starbound-esque leveling system for your ship, hyperdrive, tools, etc., so traveling to the Center will take ages with a starter ship.

There's also a fuel system.

It will just be called N-ggrfeggt

We truly are in the worst timeline

This is always so relaxing.

So the entire thing is just walking down to planets, shooting minerals, and then blasting off to another to do the same shit until you get to the middle? All while you can't even shoot the wild life without the fun police bitching at you?

Please tell me that you can at least design your own ship..

Pretty much.
Hahahah, no. There is no construction of any kind, be it planetary or ship based.

archive.is/P0hS4

No, this game is DOA.

Only reason I'd want to play this game is for seeing interstellar penis jokes, but I think I could just play Spore for that.

That entire article is some of the funniest shit I read in a few weeks. These people genuinely did not expect people to name shit crudely. This reminds me when lego shut down their MMO since they couldn't make dick detecting technology.

I sure hope you aren't taking that satire article seriously user. It is funny though.

Star citizen 2.0

You guys have such a hateboner for NMS that you'll actually believe Kotaku's made-up clickbait rumor.

I just noticed it was from. Still funny as hell though.

Wow all you do in Dark Souls is walk around and hit guys with a sword and collect souls, what do you even DO in Dark Souls anyway? When are the devs gonna add actual GAMEPLAY?!

Yeah like, what is even my motivation for getting to and defeating the final boss? New game plus? It's just the same castle over and over again and it repeats forever. It's a fucking armor simulator.

>>>/tumblr/

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Be honest, what Kickstarter tier did you back?

Did they realize people were expecting gameplay or something?

Totally a walking simulator.

I still have no clue what this game is about or what you do in it. I also don't know anyone who is even interested in it

It was not kickstarted.

I live alone, have no friends, and REFUSE to look up readily-available information on a game I have arbitrarily decided to shit on

Guys, i think we found a real shill.

We know

nah probably a redditor. they love indie darling games and walking simulators.

It's minecraft in space without the building :^)

Are you drunk, user? You've made 7 of the last 10 posts and are extremely incoherent.

He may be a shill but saying the game is a walking sim in space is fucking retarded, there's no point to it all but there is stuff to do

It's too obvious for even a shill.

Seems like ironic samefagging.

Why are people so woefully misinformed on this game anyway? There's videos beyond the E3 trailer that go into plenty of detail.

Well obviously, you can't walk in space, but "flying simulator" is too close to flight simulator and would give the wrong impression

You don't even have one friend? I'll be your friend if you're that lonely.

seems boring

Okay.

You dont understand, people are trying not to spoil this "experience" for themselves.

Probably because no one cares.

This. Watching even one 10 minute would spoil the whole game.

Wew

But a walking simulator is something like Firewatch or Gone Home the only things you can do are walk and look at stuff. This you can actually buy/sell and shoot shit and upgrade. It's all pointless and will undoubtedly be shit but explain how it's a walking sim

good, it will give me more time for the preorder, i haven't decided where to preorder it, any suggestions?

Explain how a game where you can do things, but the things you do are all pointless, is any different from a walking simulator

That's like calling minecraft a walking sim, sure you can do a bunch of stuff but it's pointless

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not defending the game you massive retard, I just disagree with calling it a wlaking sim

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aren't all games pointless in the end, user?

What genre is it then, user?

A site made for "redpill refugees" who were too ignorant to be allowed in 4chan failing at objectivity again. Surprise surprise.

a bag of lies genre

I wonder if meximoot would have sold out as bad as moot

If we told you what genre it is it would spoil the game

You overplayed your hand, this post is way too obvious.

I thought that was called a Todd-Howard-'em-up

The way this game is and its content, there wont be a need for a cyclical general at all.

Meximoot was the real moot. Poole killed him

More like 19 minutes of walking in circles and 2 minutes of actual shit getting done. That video didn't tell me shit. Honestly could have had Polygon playing the game and they probably would have shown off more gameplay.

Because only the stormcucks think this game looks boring, right? It's not like most people haven't been asking the same questions for years: "What is the point of this game?" or "What the fuck do you even do?"

The closest thing we have to the answer? "Get to the center of the universe." Oh so we're basically playing an FPS version of Molyneux's Cube then? Yeah they can fuck right off.

You mean mootxico?

ur a dumb nigga

Nobody does.

Why does every game that was hyped by Sony ends up being delayed indefinately? And why do people never call Sony out on that bullshit?
Is it coming to the PS3? No? Is it at least Sony exclusive? No? So what part of their promise did they even keep?

Nobody learned their lesson.
Do we even know jackshit about this game?

Anyone who bought a PS4 on the promise of games is the biggest cuck.

Any kind of delay is a very bad sign and it shows a weakness in the games development strategy

It shows they disregard the basic principles of software development, it doesn't matter if your game requires artists to make, videogames still have to follow the rules of software development, much like motion pictures require a strict release schedule, otherwise nothing will get done

Its very obvious they are very disorganized and are backtracking to actually give us an actual game

a competent dev team would've scrapped the current software and then reused assets they currently have on a new project with better planning and organization,

I'm not really interested in this. Terraria devs might add planets and there's always Spore where you can be an emperor trying to conquer everything.

I absolutely don't care how long it takes as long as it's getting developed and it's good. I didn't spent $8000 on imaginary spaceships or anything lol

I guess the release date is also a secret

more like no mans gonna play it

Sucks! Me and my sister were really looking forward to it, it's why we bought the PS4! Thanks for the headsup!

Low Energy Shitposting, you can do better.

What?

99% OF ALL PLANETS WON'T BE EXPLORED
ISN'T THAT GREAT?

Don't remind me.

SPORE 2.0
P
O
R
E

(checked)
It will haunt me forever
It was the last nail in the coffin

It's scary how this one game managed to scar an entire generation.

I know nothing about this game tell me about it in 4 words

Im actually still shocked that it happen to me

I feel it was the tipping point for some many people to become truly Holla Forumsirgins

space minecraft without building

Vaporware.

Less cynical version:
"Do anything" in space.

So, like cancer without chemotherapy?

I wish for a game where you can actually build colonies and space stations, or become Space Station 3d and without lag.

Why do you want to make me cry, user?

When did they ever make this claim?

Todd Molyneux said so

From the gameplay video they showed gameplay loop seems to be:
Land on planet
Gather resources
Use resources to upgrade ship
Repeat ad infinitum.

That sounds like the base for a good game but given there is nothing outside of that its gonna be terrible

Like having something like that as a base and then throw in like bounty hunting, actual combat and space pirates and like a trade hub it could be really good

Sadly its just game award bait made for hipster journalists with no actual gameplay

Hrmm, God is at the center of the universe.

It's right there, staring us all in the face.

Sean Murray is trying to give us the ending that Spore cut.

Archive because neo-Holla Forums and op is a fag

archive.is/K5xQV

Kerbal Space Program.

No you're the stupid faggot that has no idea why we started archiving shit in the first place nu-fag.

I know that game have mods to make colonies, but isn't them pretty wonky?

case in point

You realise like half of the readers of nichegamer are from Holla Forums?

Fuck off newfag.

Eat shit :^)

are you a triangle autist?

even Star Citizen looks much better in comparison

The games last patch superbly optimized it. They may as well be running on a new engine with how much better it is than the last build.

I see… sounds cool. I guess you can't grow a population in your colonies?

not that I'm aware of, but there must be some related mods

Cool.

Can we turn this thread into a KSP thread and talk about useful mods?

The pain will never end. Never.

i just started playing the new version, here's my current CKAN list

What might have been…

had to remind me

seems really boring, it's like modded minecraft with great graphics but 1/10 the functionality. FFS you can't even build anything, and the combat looks even more lame than in minecraft somehow, how are people excited for this?

This was supposed to be the sim to end all sims.

Hold me

Hahahaha. Eat shit simfags.

Just gonna post this, now.

user, I can't. ;_;

Their claims of what you can do in the game are about as true as the chosen gender of the developer.

Wew lad. Just further cements my decision not to support this developer.

Another pre-order bait and switch scam. Who would have thought?

The fun part is going to be the salt when people realize they bought hot air and all the shills who are going to be posting here.

All of the hype surrounding this game is extremely wrong trips. Journos push it like there is no tomorrow. Reddit plebs defend it like their life depends on it. The worst about all this? Nobody has any fucking ideas of how the game will play.

This is insane.

kekd

He's being ironic, isn't he?

No, this is fucking glorious. I have never seen this level of droning for a game that has been so shy to showcase what it actually plays like.

The sheer butthurt and bitterness will be a sight to behold.

It's one of those rare tranny unicorns where an ugly woman thinks she's actually a man. Tragic really.

You're right, all the salt will fuel us for centuries to come. This is still wrong but what can we do?

Jesus Christ

My only hope is that it finally bashes some fucking sense in people already. Maybe this goddamn time they'll learn not to throw money at people that promise them the fucking sky.

This culture of being a sucker for any and every game that has a competent enough director to make trailers look good needs to end.

All queers must die. All trannies must die.

Yes, please go away, tranny enabler.

Well, with their suicides rate your wish might come true.

What

So does this mean >he's a reverse tranny?

Yeah
archive.is/1AP7J

I'd play something that simulates space walks and satellite/station maintenance. Other than ss13

This is just fucking sad. Does she really think that cutting her hair will make her look any more like a man?

Should I wear a skirt so I can live life in easy mode?

That would be pretty fucking awesome considering how goddamn terrifying going outside to do maintenance on the ISS is.

What I'd really love is a "realistic" space war game, kinda like what Call of Duty did, but less gay. And yes, I'm aware Shattered Horizon is a thing.

It's kind of sad to see the train wreck coming. He seems like a really nice guy. Like he actually wanted to dedicate himself to make videogames because he loves them, but there are just too many red flags on this project, plus his team is all faggots and trannies.

You had one job.

Certianly not the developers

I've been saying for the past two years that Hello Games is not skilled enough to pull this shit off.

Look at Joe Danger and tell me that's a game that came from a wildly talented studio that could make an infinitely huge, deeply engaging, fun space exploration and adventure game.

The only reason this shit managed to get past the idle development stages is because Sony dumped money into it like a bunch of idiots, because they were desperate to make the PS4 a success and they needed any game that looked good.

I'm sorry. I'll try to do it better next time.

Oh, they do. They made Todd Howard: The Game Experience.

Fuck, that's much better, I'll try to do better next time.

It's even worse than that user. An open world walking sim would be shit, but better than an average walking sim. This is an randomly generated walking sim, THE ONLY GOOD PART OF A WALKING SIM IS THE STORY AND ENVIROMENT.

So she is basically a feminist dyke who likes to pretend she's a man and yet talk shit about men on the internet?

What the actual fuck? I'm not sure I follow anymore.

Someone needs to show her that documentary of a woman who tried living as a man for a period of time and she got btfod really hard. Basically she found out men have it harder.

She got the "annoying cunt" part down at least.

You're not meant to. This is insane logic for insane people.

Also, seems Notch made her butthurt.

She actually contemplated suicide and had to stop playacting pronto. Then again this bottom feeding bitch would never stop reminding you that she is a tranny.

If only they listened to their own fucking advice for once and shit the fuck up. Maybe then we wouldn't have to throw them in the oven come the Day of the Rope.

The vast majority of games weren't made with obnoxious trannies, feminists, and little girls in mind.

SOME THINGS ARE ACTUALLY MADE FOR PEOPLE OTHER THAN YOU

This is the same kind of person who complains about games being sexist. I guess they do not see the irony in that statement.

So, men that pretend they are women end up looking like 40 something housewives with a lot of lard on them, with a suspicious mustache.

Women that pretend they are men end up looking like 14 year old sissy boy nerds.

For a while, the fashion trendy for fat lesbians was to look as much like an obese prepubescent mexican boy as possible.

I foresee a great amount of beatings in your future

$20 says if she actually got treated like a man she's cry 'transphobia.'

Looking at her I actually think she was born to be bullied. I know that any "man" dressing like she does would get his shit kicked in fairly quickly. It's like she's born to be bullied.

What an insufferable bitch.

Is she serious?

Lore only matters when it reaffirms her biases.

Remember, leftists will always be against whatever brings joy and happiness to heterosexual white men, and will seek ways to destroy it.

/cow/ has to have a thread on this idiot. There's no fucking way they'd let someone this retarded slip through the cracks.

I think she knows how shit No Man's Sky is gonna be.

Dude, she's a FtM tranny.

Privacy? What? This is easily the most retarded thing ive ever read. Holy fucking shit can someone release her from her suffering already?

oh nevermind then

If anything inspires faith in someone creativeness it's when they want to completely shut out everything but glowing praise.

And doesn't twatter have a block function? I'm pretty sure it does and as far as not seeing thing people you don't like say, couldn't you just not follow them or whatever?

The second one really pisses me off. It is a clear sign that she knows jack shit about 40k, and is just progressively signaling. If she know anything about 40k besides astartes, it would be clear that the whole female representation "problem" was solved the moment first edition was released.

Rope Day when?

But how would they be able to claim they are being harassed?

I also love how she says she has friend who would make great space marines, I cant even think of one human being capable of being a great space marine let alone friends.

And here is a tweet chain of her whining that women have to prove their nerd credentials.

Well, gotta make a shekel, them hormones aren't gonna pay themselves.

What an absolute shoah.

you can block people but I don't think it stops you from seeing someone else retweet their stuff.

Fucking hell, if you're going to oppose the monarchy at have reasons that are based in reality. You're Scottish for fuck's sake, talk about the glorious revolution and how mad you are that a foreign parliament deposed your king.

Sweet mother of Jesus, she has the self awareness of a poodle.

Orselli bringing the subtle bantz.

I eagerly await her shitty game's release so we can see the giant salty tears when the evil soggy kneed transphobes don't buy it.

That's about the only good thing that will come out of this shitpile of a game.

Does she mean an account which can't respond or like or retweet (i.e. not fucking logging in), or does she mean an account that people can't respond or like or retweet (i.e. a static website)? SJWs are so stupid they looped back into web 1.0 to fix their problems with social media.

Of course they would blindly defend a pedophile

Their only problem with social media is that people can tell them what fucking morons they are.

Pedo and a whore.

If this game gets canned the salt would overflow the internet

Didn't that one game FullMcIntosh while pretending to be Anita endorsed get, "OMG BEST THING EVER" rating too? And that bombed harder then the Enola Gay.

Spore introduced me to bitterness, and hating liberals.

Well, at least some people here call both suits and cunts out for ruining everything

And now lets wait for the hype to die. Its going to be a long wait, but it will be worth it.

I also find it hilarious that she defines executives, lawyers and marketing experts as male by default.

It was my understanding the hype was already dead, especially now that the Minecraft-fueled 'procedural because we can' fad is dying down as well.

Because of the patriarchy only males can become executives, lawyers and marketing experts. Except for her though, even though she is a male now she is still being oppressed.

Kill all liberals.

I give it a week after release

you underestimate the stupidity of the average casual gamer. i know people that still think this shit is going to be the best game of all time and define this generation.
Ironicly they are right in the sense that pointless and empty hype is what mostly defines gaming these days, but still, my point is that people are idiots.

he's right unless his idea of honour killing is a sandnigger shooting white wimminz and not sudoku

you don't really know what a honour killing is, do you user? Don't underestimate savagery of the sandniggers. It's killing your own family members, mostly women, because you don't like what they do, or even when they are raped, because it "shames" the sandnigger.

Alright,so. I find a planet out of billions of planets right? I land on it.

…Then what?

Then you use you gun to shovel dirt around, you shoot at critters, but not for too long because the space borg police will come and attack you, use materials to upgrade your ship and move to the next generic, procedurally generated shithole.

BRAVE
NEW
WORLD

Fuck this gay earth

its literally like minecraft but even more shit

Meanwhile
"If you kill them, they win"

i don't
what if we honour kill all libs?

Not if you kill them all first and their liberals enablers and the Jews.

You walk around, and just look at the scenery, No Man's Sky is basically a glorified walking simulator, but in space.

No see, canadian weedman said "If you kill your enemies, they win" then goes and makes this masterpiece of a quote up.

yeah that doesn't make sense… but feel free to just start killing them, your heart is in the right place

People like this also miss the point that the Imperium is an oppressive authoritarian shithole. In fact it's SUCH a oppressive authoritarian shithole that it makes real life oppressive authoritarian shitholes, both current and past, look like anarcho-libertarian utopias. They've missed the ENTIRE point of the whole setting!

I'm starting to think No Man's Sky isn't even an actual game
Not even in the metaphorical sense, but that they literally haven't made a video game, and the little footage they've released of it is just CGI, and literally the only thing keeping this farce alive is hype
It's a fucking vidya tulpa

NO MAN'S GAME
N
O

M
A
N
'
S

G
A
M
E

Just Like Star Citizen.

Wasn't their a Gamespot or IGN roundtable where one guy was like "What do you do in this game?" and the others just basically tore into him for daring to challenge the genius of Sean Murray?

It's officially delayed to August 9 now by the way.

sauce

nichegamer.com/2016/05/27/no-mans-sky-officially-delayed-august-9/
archive.is/kJRRp

Top kek.

Thanks babe thought you might be fucking with us.

I don't get it. Don't games "go gold" like three months prior to release, how could it have gone this far (month from release) to get delayed, and what on earth do they think they can get done in like one extra month before they do go gold.

Good.

Let's hope this sack of shit never sees the light of day.

Hey jerry, what about a game about nothing?

What if mario had no enemies?
Notice all the good goyim and shills in the comments, normalfags love this shit

I know right?

They act like the question's been answered already and people asking are just evil haters

It shows how they got well indoctrinated into eating shit and listen-and-believe bullshit, plus political-correctness faggatory to shun any questioning.

You can tell by how people talk in the comments who this game is for.
It´s a "you just don´t understand" kind of game.

Spore had the exact same reaction when it was coming out, but I can't imagine any of the people who buy this turd have the self awareness to feel regret for their purchase.

Pic related.

They're excited by a sandbox game, because it's a sandbox. Holy fucking shit. "You can TRADE? You can kill animals and TAKE THEIR SKINS? AWW MAN THAT'S SO AWESOME"

Fucking casuals are killing gaming.

No Man's Sky has gone innovative once again. They've taken their out there concept into the real world!

NO MORE RELEASE DATES

Why limit your imagination with a project that limits your expectations. Let's break the barrier between dream and reality! This ain't a trpg with your fancy rules and booklets. No Man's Sky will constantly stream ideas into your brain while you sleep using a rem microtransaction model!

The possibilities are endless as long as your thoughts and wallets can remain so. Don't buy, just think of No Man's Sky and you're already hooked!

The release date could be anything in an INFINITE set of dates! Wow!

So it's just 3D Starbound?

Thanks for the link, Tovarisch.

I'm sad now because those youtube comments couldn't be more hipster if they tried.

See how the terrain repeats? It shows the limit of the seed. That's what happens when you create a planet with math. It looks like math. After you've seen two islands on that planet, how motivated would you be to see the rest? You'd already seen all it has to offer.

Then it's on to the next one, with pink grass and green sky and with slightly larger islands and lower water level, or whatever.

It doesn't take too long for the brain to subconsciously make out repeating patterns. The surprise effect will only be there until then, which I suspect will be after a couple planets, and after doing repetitive stuff on both, dodging the fun police, I'd bet most people would be bored to tears by then.

BUT REMEMBER THE 18 BILLION BILLION

MUH 99,9%

Not really, it just looks not interesting. You have a point but not for the reasons you stated.
Procedural generation is not random. It is not the seed what matters, but the procedure, as long as you have a complex enough procedure, you can generate everything you want, you don't even need a seed. I mean, you can have a procedure that generates 18 Billion different enough planets, it will just take a fuck lot of time.
The problem with the game is the fact they have to generate it "on the fly", and that pretty much limits what you can do. If you have a very complex procedure, you may end up having long-ass loading screens at every single planet you visit.

what if mario was his own enemy?

good time to be alive

It's like Fallout 4 all over again. The smell of reddit dicksucking is oozing out of the walls

how can a game where you can do anything get shittier as more of anything is revealed?
thats just more perfection and youre talking like its something bad

Math is great, but these are fags.

Whenever I hear people talk about this game, they always talk about exploration. They've never heard of something like Space Engine. And when I explain it to them they're never interested.

Is this one of those cases where people like a game because it's hyped and not because what's actually in it?

what the fuck does that even mean

Space Engine is nice, but it doesn't feel like a videogame you know? You just fly around and try to find good angles for screenshots.
That's pretty much it.
The terrain generation is lacking and planets are only interesting from orbit.
Also, the stars look like absolute dogshit.

Also, a lot of people who are hyped about it (who aren't retarded) have been following it since it was announced in 2014.

And there's a lot of this kind of shit.

why won't we get a decent n recent space comfy game, Holla Forums

I thought deep down was in devekopment hell

sssh

nobody has told steam

mighty number sky

Stop shilling you faggot. You can clearly see the repeating patterns. That planet is basically yellow/orange grass in a greenish sea with a couple rocks thrown in for good measure. Animals will probably be "medium sized dinosaur template with limb variation within x range and y pattern with colors corresponding to the theme", and the subconscious will pick up on these limitations quickly too. Novelty factor will wear out fast.

You are right about it depending on the complexity of the seed, and that's exactly what we can see from the picture, that the seed is not complex enough to garner interest. The excuse for having one biome per planet is that each planet would be unique, and this is obviously a copout excuse so they don't have to answer for the fact that the seed itself can only create so much variety, and once you've landed the third time on the planet, you're sick of it, and you know pretty much that the formula will repeat for the next planet, with small variations. I can hear the future butthurt faintly in the distance, just you wait and see.

Nobody objects to "themed planets", in fact, it'd be boring if there were mostly multi-biomed planets. It's just that when it's used as an excuse that it's particularly revolting.

It also seems like buildings are evenly, mathematically distributed over planets. They seem to be scattered, and there are no actual civilizations, just separate buildings with NPCs in them. This is another case where you can "spot the math" so to speak.

Nobody has been able to do procedural generation so well that it comes across as believable and natural, complex enough to hide the numbers so to speak.

With the delay on top of it all, we can be pretty sure that the game is an empty shell of repetitive tasks just for the sake of "doing something" and that the devs are in panic mode trying to come up with something to redeem the project.

If your not willing to create a challenge in a sandbox game that's different from just build this, explore here or destroy that, then it's not going to be fun for more than an hour and it's retarded to think that this game is what counts as being revolutionary. It'll be revolutionary to me when a sandbox game set in space is actually different from shit like Spore or No Man's Sky.

Way to dismiss my entire post, I wasn't even defending the game.

Why did reddit become so common though, sure it has always been in increasing quantity here but during the last few months i feel like they really bloomed

sounds like fun

I don't get what's wrong with this

This is alot like amps in Civ 4 turn out. You play a couple Archipelago map types and become familiar with the overall pattern. After a couple of playthroughs the uniqueness is lost and you only remember the game based on the mechanics alone, which themselves start repeating if youre playing on very similar terrain. Only other choice left is to alter the map generator so drastically it creates a different land type or environment, which affects resource generation.

Other weird thing about that image is there no rivers.