Was it ultimately nothing more than a reprehensible pile of insufferable dogshit, aimed exclusively at zipheads...

Was it ultimately nothing more than a reprehensible pile of insufferable dogshit, aimed exclusively at zipheads, winos and those suffering from an appaulling lack of social skills as well as good manners & teeth?

Other urls found in this thread:

adult-gamex.ru/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This show is garbage.

You seem to have answered your own question.

I think I laughed a couple if times over the course of the show, but none of them were ever substantial enough to make me remember them, and as a whole the show was so stupid lame/average I often times forget it exists.

That tentacle thing even ruined the prospect for decent R34

A total irredeemable disaster

The show prioritized offensiveness over humor when considering their jokes and in that they succeeded. They made it their utmost prerogative to shit on american TV broadcasting standarts by bringing in shit under the radar. The fact that you feel offended by its existence just tells that you are a prude.

What are you talking about m8, the show is insanely quotable. Off the top of my head I can think of dozens memorable moments like the moment when the yellow cunt pushes his fake tits onto the camera, the "traditional stomping on mayonnaise packets" etc. Granted I watched it in german dub first so some jokes were made way more offensive as a tradeoff for some of the jew-jokes missing entirely.

I don't like it because it's shit, not because it's offensive.

Sure you do. I bet you also dont like South Park merely because of the animation and not because of its content.

Yes. Yes it was.
But you can enjoy it if you're aware of it.

Well yeah, it was a reality television show.

Nice programmed response.

Why are you bring South Park into it, faggot? Are you angry that people don't find cartoon pigs shitting on pizza to be the apex of humor?

Comic books and cartoons? Yes.

are you angry people do?

No, but you seem to be the only angry one here that can't comprehend that someone who isn't easily offended finds your favorite show to be shit.

Sure.

So they were only pretending to be retarded, nice one

It was low-brow shock comedy, that's all it ever was.

you know
sounds pretty angry to me

thats a lot of assumptions there laddie

this tbh fam
takes a lot of emotional injury to elicit such a butthurt response from OP

Yes it was garbage, yes it was shock value shit, but it still had some fun moments.

You know being passive-agressive is how you actually show anger in the internet, right?

Personally, I loved the show. Yes it's offensive, puerile shit, but it's that kind of lack of restraint that made it so fun, along with the fact that they went so in-depth with the jokes, like how one character's university flashback full of black people is at some American university with a lot of black history. Some other jokes, like Spanky's toilet humour, definitely don't land, but I'd say most of the humour does hit, like nearly everything with Captain Hero.

I kind of like the fact that this show is so divisive, and people either love it or hate it. They either love it for how much effort they put into the jokes or hate it for how offensive the jokes can seem to be.

THIS

Have you considered people also hate it because it's still crass as fuck humour?

Well sure. But crass is just one type of humour in this show. A big part, sure, but there's other types of humour, like the many bait and switches and the parodies, like the overuse of the stock sound effects.

I'd still say the crass humour's nice because of how much effort goes behind it, but to each their own.

I don't understand why people think that the dislike towards this show stems from it being "offensive" rather than it being lazy and stupid. I didn't find anything about the show to be offensive to my sensibilities, but I absolutley hate this show because of how none of the jokes have any kind of wit or artistry to them.

I was nothing but dumb awful shock value humor, but having awful jokes isn't a cardinal sin or anything.

the statement that
is objectively wrong
that may indeed be the source of your confusion

user, your shiftkey is broken.

Come on, user. Sure, DT had a bit of unpolish to it, like Spanky and Ling Ling (except when they finally did more with Ling Ling than make him psychotic Pikachu), but you can't tell me something like webms related didn't have some nice execution.

I think the show had two funny episodes. The gay Terminator one and the cereals one.

I liked it and you talk like a fag.

adult-gamex.ru/

adult-gamex.ru/

adult-gamex.ru/

Also Trey Parker got the show cancelled iirc from an interview with someone who worked on the show. He claimed that DT was trying to ride South Park's success.

Yeah, they parodied it in their movie.

Trey Parker is a cuck.

I really like DT tbh.
Gave it a rewatch recently and it was pretty refreshing how relatively apolitical it is compared to most "adult" cartoons in the past two decades.
It's low brow humor and having high expectations for it in that regard is going to lead to massive disappointment (just like pretty much any other animated adult comedy tbh).
What I found interesting is they actually animated the show. Considering the caliber of the humor you'd expect bottom of the barrel flash shit, but DT actually had decent animation.
As in, they didn't do some Family Guy/nuSimpsons tier shit. They had actual storyboards and the episodes didn't look like some copy and pasted nightmare done by some faggot 12 year old from 2005 newgrounds.

i don't know what you mean

Pretty meta right there.

Are you aussie by a chance?

No. Why?

I always thought this show was overwhelmingly bland. Apparently, it always sold itself as a don't-take-us-seriously romp, with the offensive jokes to boot. Don't get me wrong, it was funny and, for whatever it's worth, I do enjoy looking at some clips on jewtube, but they don't amount to good episodes. The only shows I remember are the one when Captain Hero gives Foxxy Cancer and the one with the Breakfast Cereal Mafia: The jokes were great and they were actual stories.

I remember watching some DVD shorts of DT and thought them to be quite funny, maybe because they were much shorter and they were packed with just one effective joke, instead of fueling a 22-minute episode with random stuff. The way I see it, DT could be just a web series, not very different from what we saw on Newgrounds on its heyday: make it short, make it simple, make it brutal.

Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums