Company of Heroes tips and guides

How do I get good in Company of Heroes?

Playing COH, with the Eastern Front mod. even with the AI in normal, its hard to build an army and trying to keep many of your territories in check

Anything I should know, or any guide in general? I want to play mostly Axis, BTW.

Company of Heroes thread

Other urls found in this thread:

companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You get used to the shortcut keys until they become second nature to you.

Also gotta ask about this:

Is Company of Heroes 2 campaing worthy to play?
Heard the game is shitty, but what about the campaing?

bump

CoH is a game that has a lot of secrets. Like, a big lot. I found a wiki for CoH that greatly helps expand my knowledge on it. companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Company_of_Heroes_Wiki

Small tip: I like to use snipers as flares, to warn me of incoming enemies. I set them on perma-camouflage mode with weapons silenced, and put them hidden ahead of my main battle troops. The visual advantage helps greatly, especially with long-range weapons such as AT's (which have a small line of sight but a very long range which can be used to its fullest with the help of a scout unit).
American snipers are very good at this, since from level 2 veterancy onward, the sniper moves with the same speed at all times (both in camouflage mode and exposed).

So, you have a flexible scout that can be seen by nobody in most occasions and can help take out nasty MGs and AT weapons in one shot if needed.

However, snipers are very vulnerable and kinda costly units, so treat them very cautiously. Their big population space doesn't help either, but 1 or 2 snipers are all you need for the job.

Also this.

It's absolutely retarded.

Thanks for replying my post.

Still, could be more descriptive, please?

Revisionist trash that turns the rampaging Soviet hordes into innocenct dindu nuffins and as per usual the Krauts are the mustache-twirling evil villains

also, play Blitzkrieg mod

I know, And I have it too. Too much realism makes it hard, althought I have only played a little. (Mod awesome thought)

I agree, it's really, really hard (especially since I main Wehrmacht and that's been getting nerfed for the past two years). I am disappointed that they've made such a focus on artillery in the interest of realism - i know that in real WW2 artillery was a tremendous thing, but it's not fun to just get shelled nonstop by mortars and those faggoty little Shermans with the artillery cannon on them, or those fucking retarded jeeps with rocket launchers. It's still the best mod if you ask me though, since if you're dumb enough to wander your squads into range of machine guns or minefields they're going to die and that's the way it should be

It actually goes too far in the other direction and makes the soviets look look crazy evil while the Germans are pretty much left as innocent.

Gameplay wise it's easy and you can pretty much have infinite manpower and time in every battle.

Amazing game the original one plus the expansions.
I tried twice to get into COH2 campaigns, but they are infantry blobing trash, as expected from the easy mode russian faction
British camper/gimmick fagggots get fucked

It's actually pretty easy. Press the "uninstall" button, and buy Men of War.

Playing as the Russians in Coh2 multiplayer is pretty fun. The faction has shit everything but you spam easy to reinforce/repair units that get pretty great with veterancy.

I don't know what you played user but it was completely different to what everyone else played summed up by

The campaign can be described at best as all over the fucking place meaning it makes barely any sense. Doesn't help that the devs are massive wehrboos with Axis being very OP for a long time which is best shown through the tech.

For example, Russians get mainly 41/42 era tech while Germans get late 44/45 era tech. In a game that spends the majority of it's time in 1942! US when it came out wasn't much better as again German's got late 44/45 era tech while US were stuck with shit from mid 43 in the Battle of the Bulge! No wonder when the Brits came it caused fucktons of Axis butthurt, it was the only time they fought someone on equal footing! When I saw Panzer IV H models in fucking 1941 I quit playing the campaign, just complete retarded bullshit. Robot NAZI dinosaurs would have made more sense than the shit Axis got in the game. The game also nuked itself in the foot going past 43 as it could have allowed for a North Africa campaign and even Italy campaign which would have been hell of a lot more interesting than Western Europe yet a fucking again.

Is there a complete pack of CoH 1 with Tales of Valor.

How is MoW compared to CoH and which one should I buy.

Bumping.

Men of War is for people that want to carefully micromanage individual soldiers regulating each soldier's inventory. CoH is for people that want to manage company sized battles.

Yeah, the Complete Edition of CoH.

You should also get the Eastern Front mod, since it adds the Soviets and the Ostheer to the game, as well as a whole bunch of maps and tons of new shit. It's basically an unofficial expansion for the game.

so, this is kind of related, but i saw that the 'new' graviteam game, muis? front released in march.

i know its a little bit different from your average rts/wargame, but i am curious if any of you have played it. is it worth 35 usd?

Usually goes on sale a lot heavily discounted. For example bundlestars will sell it for $5.

no, i mean the new new graviteam update. ive played all the addons for operation star, supposedly this muis front has a new ui, and a larger scale of battles.

I think the only things I prefer in COH2 is that you can download maps from the Steam Workshop and the troop limit isn't dependent on how many territories you have. The latter is only the case because I'm shit at both games.

Try playing some 4v4 AI battles online. It'll help learning with some strategies and if you fuck up, you can always call for help from your team. Hochwald Gap is relatively easy for new players, since the bottlenecks on both sides rarely mean an AI victory.

So what its each faction about?

Im including Eastern Front, because I dont know what is the game style of Osther and the Soviets