ITT: short but sweet games

ITT: short but sweet games.

Yes, normally that's a minus, but read my opening post again..

It would need to be something around 2h, there is quite a fucking lot of games you are able to finish under 8h.

Jet Set Radio (except you can replay it countless times and it's still fun)
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
D4 season 2 when
Portal (inb4 meme game)
Grow Home
Bayonetta (also a game you replay)
Dishonored (it was short for me)

Dragon Quest I and II
Ys I and II
Rocket Slime
Resident Evil 1 - Code: Veronica (3 is probably the shortest)

Guacamemes if you can get past the memes. Some can't. That's alright.

Why is that a problem?

When you see a good film, do you complain that it has no rewatch value because you already know what happens?

Best game of 2014. TPP sucked ass tho.

Christina is objectively the worst

Now listen here, you little shit… no argument here.

I love when CQC is better in the game that was basically a demo. Stealth was harder, you had less health, getting an alert could mean death.

#5 in my top 10. This game was my childhood.

Fuck me that was a fun little game.
So in the end, Christina sent the bird 3 years ago who shouts "Christina lives!", which is also her mother's name?

Shmups and Arcade games in general.

vanquish

What's the point of trying to maximise play time when a game is free?

Thats because in ground zero you were playing as BB. AKA a guy who specializes in sneaking.

in TPP you play as a guy whos claim to fame is pretty much getting blasted in the face with shrapnel.

Yiffe.

Contra, Metal Slug 3, Bare Knuckle III, Alien Storm, Castlevania, Comix Zone, Rocket Knight Adventures, Golden Axe III, Ketsui.

U wot m8

4 hours, but I'd fucking kill for it to be longer.

Barkley 2 hype?

The only Far Cry game worth playing. (webm unrelated)

I only recently played Hotline Miami 2. Good stuff.
I like HM2 memes.
I also agree completely.

Not even the remake felt as good.

Also pic related

No One Has to Die is more of a visual novel rather than a game. Still, it's pretty good.

Pic related. Clever as fuck first-person puzzle game. Free and lasts about an hour.

Was good, nice but when you got all the power it lacked the thrill. You where OP as fuck

Because games are totally analogous to movies right?

That stuff was great.

Aw heck, I remember this one. It was great.

Pokemon Black and White?

I still maintain it was enjoyable for the journey, but the linearity and very short main game with very limited postgame content is just unacceptable. It turns what would have been a great game into a barely passable one that overall is not worth blowing $30 when it launched.

Just a couple "classics".

No it didn't.

Being non-perfectly analogous, does not mean you cannot use analogy.

The cockatiel returned to its former self in their same universe in the past knowing the phrase from the future, when they bought it, it already knew the phrase, demonstrating Christina (mother) would've survived in any timeline.
I think, now let's hope the spoilers don't fuck me over.

how does someone get this dumb?

is this seinfeld the game?

I know it is basically an interactive novel but holy shit I never cried in a video game before that game

I love you user

So I guess this is an arcade game thread?

Good one.

Not really. It's "Being forced to watch someone die for the sake of saving everyone else, over and over: the game"

Being Troy is suffering.

Wait, then how come she hadn't woken up in the "main" timeline?

>Still no Dino Crisis 3 don't you dare post it

The man's desire was to have his wife back. Instead you erase his entire life and make him go to the moon.
There, now you don't have to play that trash.

I could easily ignore the memes. I couldn't ignore the combat at the end. The shields were more annoying than fun, and the world swapping got annoying. Just not my favorite game.

Nigga that game takes like 10-15 hours to get to the E4.

I saw someone else watch it since it's basically a VN. Didn't feel a thing for the characters.

No, you reunite him with his wife in his mind to give him peace before death. I mean, kinda erase his life, but you do accomplish his wish in a roundabout way.

It was explained quite clearly ingame, are you the same kind of person who gets confused by Inception?

Terrible

No, it's been a while. Guess I gotta give it another go.

SteamWorld was mediocre.

I've heard mixed reports about it. What makes it mediocre?

I wouldn't say mediocre as much as "didn't take advantage of what it had" and "too easy". Basically, it's like that old flash game Motherlode, only you unlock tools that give you additional utility. Which is good, but rarely do they ever go beyond Motherlode's level of difficulty; if you have any level of foresight at all, the entire game is a cakewalk. Once you get the power fist, it just becomes pathetically easy.

:^)

Wario world

My fucking nigger

Madness combat was fucking intense, one shot and you're done, restart the whole fucking game.
The sandbox mod was better.

I liked Project Nexus better, but aye, the MC game was a jewel for its time.

I still play them every now and then.

Heh

Anybody who agrees with what the nigger bitch did is a fucking faggot. Erasing his entire life and all the memories he had with his wife - both happy and sad - and implanting him with fake ones that are stiff, artificial, and downright childish is a worse fate than death itself, doubly so if you believe in any form of afterlife as now the two will meet and the differences between what he knows and what truly encompass his wife are polar opposites.

Mah nigga, that game was maximum comfy and fun

Lmao looks likebi trggered these dorks.

do people even still use sites like newgrounds/kongregate and other shit for flash games? most of the old devs and artists I know have moved on from them

Its all just skinner box games filled with microtransactions now

It peaked around 2007-2009, didn't it?

Man, tell me about it. Ever gone to Armor Games recently? It's depressing.