Out of the loop on video games due to stuff

Oh my god!

Why.

CA and GW are both complete shit nowadays, that's why.

It's not that bad but you're absolutely right in assuming the worst when two - no, actually three Titans of Jewry like CA, Sega and GW cooperate.

That is quite the unholy trinity.

Just play this mod for Medieval 2 total war. Better in every way that matters than the shitfest that is a modern total war game.

Honestly I'm surprised they went to AMD for the GPU exlcusivity shit instead of Intel/Nvidia.

total warhammer has 4 factions, more with dlc
Call of Warhammer: Beginning of the end times has 30 factions. All the Empire provinces, Vampire counts, Kislev, Bretonnia, Dogs of war (border princes and mercenary states), Chaos undivded, Warriors of Khorne, Minions of Tzeench, Children of Nurgle, Cultists of Slaanesh, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven, Orkz and Goblinz, Night Goblins, Ogres, Tomb Kings, Dark elves, wood elves, high elves, Lizardmen and Dwarves.
And it's fucking free provided you have medieval 2 total war and the kingdoms expansion.

That sounds OP.

You didn't know GW are jews?
Forcing people to pay to play = more money like it or not. Shit sucks but this is the real world where a large number of people will buy if they can't pirate. Otherwise DRM wouldn't exist.
With unqiue play styles…
Future expansion = $
Blame Total War devs
It's Total War with a layer of paint on top

And the best part is that those miniatures belong to a world they destroyed. I think they just want to sell their remaining stock of Warhammer Fantasy figures.

Aren't like most of the units in total warhammer unavailable in age of shitmar?

No, they do have rules. But those rules are often quite retarded. There is a pic somewhere with the more idiotic of them. Things like "the player with the better beard gets a bonus" and other shit.

Better real life beard?

I could get behind that. Might as well have rules like that with a fanbase as neckbearded as warhammer's.

IIRC there's also quite a lot of stuff you'd rather expect in a child's birthday games, like "Look at each other fiercely and whoever laughs first loses".

I don't even play Warhammer and I'm ashamed of what they've done to their game.

5 and they are actually interesting.

Lizardmen, High Elves,Dark Elves, Skaven, Chaos Dwarves, Ogre kingdoms, Beastmen
Bretonia unplayable for now
Kislev doesn't have their units
Chaos lacks all daemons except greater daemons. It was quite silly but Tzeentch just decided to rip my ass and have army made out of chaos warriors with greater daemons leading it. He should had daemons, devs were lazy.

Not a big deal.

Factions are nice and play differently but yeah, everything is quite basic. It is bullshit.

Not to mention Bretonia was gone for a long time so you cannot even buy their army.

They are now removing these rules and just give you a bonus they granted. They are also giving you points system in AoS.

After one year of this shit being here, when everybody playing WH:F already left to something new or play 9th age. On top of that AoS is simply bad system.

It is even fucking worse. They pretty much killed community and a game that people wanted and not they are back-pedalling to something that could easily have been done one year ago.

God. Why couldn't GW just add age of sigmar as a third option?

Because they are fucking retarded and hoped people will buy new armies.
Sigmarines lacked beard comparisons.

About point system? No idea.

Oh it is important to mention most people left during 8th.
AoS was pretty much pulling a plug on dying patient.

What happened in 8th? I haven't been following the tabletop happenings for over a decade now.

The truth is I cannot say because I restarted playing it in 8th, when the only people left was I and my two friends. I cannot compare it to previous ones or anything.
But simple everyone left. It is actually quite silly I never thought to ask my friends why exactly it happened.

One thing I know it is responsible for some of the worst lore in history of WH.

dont forget that chaos faction use to be a preorder dlc before people got mad. devs went full damage control mode.

Did you know it's also fun
Give it a pirate whenever it's cracked, it's bretty gud.
I don't really blame them for this. The factions are much different from past total war games where they could simply copy and paste soldiers with reskins from faction to faction.
Yea shit sucks
Who gives a shit?

Random charge distance was one of the big issues if I recall correctly.

There's a second one?

you sound a little booty bothered that you have to wait a week pirate the greatest game since tf2 :^)

Clearly DOTA and CSGO are better games.

I wonder, is dota actually as bad as everyone sells it to be? I kind of want a new multiplayer thing to play and I don't want to spend money on it.

It gets better, the rulebook is four pages thick

Gameplay wise it's sublime but I quit the game because it's impossible block regions when finding a match.

Playing with russians constantly fucking ruins the game

its the facebook of videogames, people just play it because its convenient and their friends do. its not that terrible but its not great

Yes there is. Obviously, he brings back the dwarf from popular demand. He goes through till the end of the game.

less op then you think. in 2 ed. chaos warriors could take bolters and other shit from 40k.
also, consider that 40k daemons are the same as in fantasy, and they fight them with pointy sticks instead of super advanced weaponry

I think with denuvo it's a lot longer than that.

also Call of Warhammer has a broken engine whitch makes impossible to play whit the dwarfs.

Ok, which version of Call of warhammer for Medieval TW 2 should I get?

you made my day user

Bullshit, I only play Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves in Call of Warhammer since Russian 1.3 and now in the new Submod Beginning of the End Times and have not encountered a crash or anything else. (There was a crash preventing Sieges to play properly but that has been fixed one day after release)
Many years ago Axethrowers had a problem in most Medieval II Mods but that was fixed in every mod after a few days.

Beginning of the End Times

how? i struggle defend my castes since quarrelers and thuderers cant shot straight from the top of the walls, also thuderers have trouble targeting as any gunpowder unit in Medieval 2, hwit these problem i also cant deal whit horse archers because dwarfs are so slow and there is no reliable ranged unit.

Has anyone here actually played the game?

you'll cowards don't even smoke chaos

I had a total war erection that couldn't be quelled give me a break.

This shit has lead me to try out Warhammer: Dark Omen and holy crap what a delight it is compared to this modern dung.

Let's discuss why Dark Omen is so good.

No you fucking idiot, this game was a sure success due to normalfags and you went and bought a Denuvo ridden unfinished casualized game with Chaos on a paywall.
Kisrev doesnt even have unique units.

You could have bought the game 8 months later with all the DLC included but you choose not to.

No break for you goy

I like total warhammer so far so if Dark Omen is really that good i'll hold off till i'm done with total warhammer

Sorry user i couldn't resist, this is the first time i bought at launch in over 8 years

Enjoy being nickel and dimed goy

I promise you i won't buy at launch for awhile now.

I know your type

I don't give a shit
I don't buy with my eyes closed and they're not offering a demo.
There's too many red flags for putting money down.

I'd rather wait a month or two that throw away money.

Ha Tzeetch-Jew I am tzeentch follower.
I would wait for pirate it, or ignore it like I did with F4, but really I wanted to play it and could afford it.

its pretty good

The Total War that should have been.

King khalid is that you?

thorgrim grudgebearer

So after playing 18 hours

I have to say Total Warhammer is a 6/10 game.

Combat is cool to play and the faction flavors are neat, but there is several things that is missing from the game.For example:

So if you are interested in this game, wait at least 1 year to have all the "free dlc" and the modder to fix all the fuck ups in the game because the current state is just an early access, a good one but feel really incomplete.

No shit, just what everyone expected early adoption is idiocy.

Do they pay you by the hour or by the post?

by the post, its a tough job shilling 1 post every couple hours but as you can imagine i live like a saudi king with my mad Holla Forums shill dollars

I like sega

Fixed that for you

why is tyrone burning my motherboard

No i didn't, i bought Dark Souls 3 and total warhammer this year at launch and nothing else. Last year i bought nothing at launch and pirated first.

Adepta Sororitas new codex when?

wtf is this even been looking for it evrywhere

No total war thread so I'll ask this here
Is Darthmod a necessity for Napoleons like it was for Empire?
Will it work with the Great War Mod?

Doesn't work on pirated versions.

Just tought I had to clear that out.

sauce on that webm? cant find it anymore

Not webming it because Karl is based as fuck.

truly wood elves are the gayest

Wood Elves are Holla Forums tier.

Technically it's like 30 or 20 something factions. But it's divided into 5 categories for race.

thanks fam

NICE BALANCING CA!!

Denuvo is great, it automatically marks games that are too shit to even pirate.

What I loved about Dark Omen is that it is from a more toned down edition of Warhammer.

So no crazy phoenix riding knights, no giant ridiculous plumes everywhere and relatively straight forward armor design for everyone.

Also no retarded black orcs, just big 'uns.

No its good. People just love to meme "hurf durf assfaggots im so funny xD"

It will be bundled with new Bretonia army book.
Or any new Warhammer Fantasy army book.

oh look, youve drawn out all the beardfuckers

If I wanted to play an actual good Total War game, should I start with Medieval II or Rome?

Go for Medieval 2 unless you would be fonder of a Rome's setting.

You could also try out Shogun or Medieval 1, but they are a bit rougher than the next games.

I'd add shogun 2 to that. I think it's definitely mechanically one of the best ones, but the unit variety is terrible.

I enjoy both equally so I'll grab Medieval II and see how it plays out. Thanks.

Just like real Warhammer.

That's because Japan's culture was very homogenous during that time.

Quatsch.
My ancient (2007) cracked Version runs Call of Warhammer, Beginning of the End Times and every other mod perfectly in single and multiplayer
Did you perhaps forget to patch your exe with the 4GB patch?

Medieval II, and do not forget to check out Europa Barbarorum 2 (to make it a better Rome), Stainless Steel (to make it a better medieval) and all the other great mods, like Third Age MOS or DAC (to get a great Lord of the Rings experience), Three Kingdoms (for the Chinese experience) and Westeros Dunkle Schwingen (for the Song of Ice and Fire experience)

They already came up with fantasy units - Samurai didn't separate themselves into bow and sword guys, for example.

A real historical SH2 would be rather boring.

For what its worth, I'm enjoying TW:W.
Combat is a lot closer to M2:TW than to Shogun 2, the factions feel nothing alike and its actually fun.
Mind you, I would have LOVED to see more factions, even within the scope of what we have. Instead of just one empire faction with all the toys, I would have loved to see the seperate elector states with their own parts of the greater whole, with the empire growing out its abilities as it united the various factions.
Just more possible starting locations and subfactions would have been nice, like trying to play as mousilon, starting at that one little vampire faction sitting in bretonia, the savage orcs or Kislev, with a few unique units and a horrifying starting position.
There's also that "can only conquer one races cities" bullshit. Why can Orc's NOT take over imperial cities the way they do dwarf towns? Why do the dwarves happily move into orc dens in the middle of the badlands desert, but not those imperial towns?
There's even some assets in the game that would make it easy to make those subfactions.
Like the unique building for recruiting savage orcs, only found in the southern most region, you could easily have replaced the building for regular orcs with, to make a Savage orc subfaction work.
Hell, with only 2-3 more units, they could have made largely pure goblin horde subfactions a possibility.

For what we get though, its a lot of fun. I love unleashing hordes of flying horrors with my vampire armies, trying to fight off a dwarven invasion with an army of trolls or facing down 18k zombies in a siege fight with just 1 army. I won that last fight btw, with less than 10% of my army and 5% of karl franz's HP left.

Shut up you pole proportioned dendrophile

something about the lore where the races didn't give a fuck about anyone but their nemesis. if its really an issue there's the workshop mod that lets you colonize everywhere

It just seems like a gimmick, but likely comes from them making those orcified custom dwarf cities, then realising they'd have to do that for ever other race too, just to make the cities for orcs.
Like the guys who planned the animations for Breeding Season….

If they where worried about the logic and lore, we wouldn't have dwarves clearing out Eight Peaks and getting a max level metropolis that can crank out elite troops on the next turn.

So yeah, in many ways, it feels like we only got half a game, I won't deny. But what we got IS fun.
What we need now is for someone industrious to start modding in all the other stuff from the lore, adding more legendary lords, minor factions and all that good stuff. It's a solid bedrock to make something truely great on.

Does anyone know if Eternal Crusade is going to be any good, or already bought the alpha a founder's pack?

I need to know that me and my friends can squad up and destroy slaves of the corpse emperor, also I want a good MMO for once.
Also to bump this WH thread, even though I'm bringing up 40K

Weren't they supposed to make a W40k planetside of some sort and then proceded to only do shitty deathmatch/battle arena?

There is a lot of shit bad about Total Warhammer.

The worst thing about it though is that they fucked up spells and some artillery units. They don't scale with unit size. Some spells are great if you use small units, but are fucking useless with large or ultra unit sizes.

In 6th edition the centerpiece unit of an army would frequently have 16 models. In 8th that unit would have 40 or more. And those models cost more. And you played with more points.

It was a mess.

why would a man-sized fireball do the same damage to 20 guys and 200-guys units?

You don't rely on either for their ability to kill, so much as for their ability to give morale hits at the right time.
Besides, most of the aoe spells work best against big blobs rather than small units.

More annoying is that the amount of magic you power you get doesn't scale with the number of wizards in your army, but all wizards get a ton of skills that let them cast spells faster, so a single one is usually enough to use all your power. Hence, bringing more than one wizard is usually a waste.

The game is actually "not that bad". Believe or not.

By scaling the man-sized fireball according to the 'unit size' you define in the options. Its a legitimate complaint.