That boss that's terrified of you

youtu.be/oJRaPmuCe-o?t=2m33s (couldn't find a better video, if this gigafaggot weren't playing in easy mode you'd get to hear some of the boss' other lines- I might just be remembering that scene from the movie)
youtu.be/9NlTh4vGRe0?t=4m50s (in case you don't know, his finisher line is usually "Do as you please!"- you actually get this cyborg nihilist with a wicked sense of humour scared. this guy attacked too quickly for most of his other lines to be triggered, though)

Anybody have more?

As a little kid this boss gave me a shit load of anxiety anytime I had to fight him.

On the subject of Spiderman, this guy still fucking scares me.

ITT poor reading comprehension

This is a thread about bosses that are scared of YOU, not bosses that scare the shit out of you.

Maridia was unsettling as fuck

…I fucked that up.

Outside of a very select set of games (Morrowind comes to mind), I've yet to find another game which gave you the sense of you exploring a truly alien world like Super Metroid did.

mutants in stalker

Everything in STALKER

…Oh. Fuck, I read that wrong. Well I still got an example then.

}:-( I guess I couldn't have expected much though, game bosses aren't usually the pathetic crimelord who falls out of a window type. On a similar topic, any bosses with particularly brutal or creative finishers, or that are finished off by their own clumsiness?

Thanks user, don't know this one, but the game looks interesting just from the screenshot

Its Matt Miller from Saints Row 3. He's basically a hacker that shits himself and runs from the plot the moment you get close enough to threaten his life.

That grapple trick completely destroys him, though. I tried it out the first time I gave the game a serious playthrough, got lucky and killed him in on my first grapple and with only getting hit a couple times.

Oh yah, now as an adult it's easy. Even just powering through it.

As a 6 year old with no internet, none of that was obvious. I just remember getting swooped on and molested via the video game.

In Transistor, two of the main four badguys kill themselves right before you finally catch up to them, at least partially because they figured they had no chance of winning the fight otherwise.

the most recent i can think of is Orphan of Kos - its a frightened newborn monstrosity that cries when it leaves its mother's corpse.

also later in the fight it cries for its mother bringing down some giant lightning AoE attack - so its definitely afraid of you

this boss was amazing and fucked up all at the same time i mean it has a bubbling bladed placenta for a weapon

Are those horse things added back in any mod? I don't remember seeing them ever.

Transistor was such a fucking cock tease with that bit. "Oh, you're about to get some answers! Oh wait, we need to prolong the game so they killed themselves. Such a shame!" The game is just mediocre and padded. That final boss fight was pretty good though.

The Tark never made it past the drawing board so there was noting to add back, apparently.

You can post anything from The Thing game.

do you play as the thing, or do you fight lots of things

The latter.

Zone of Alienation has many cats if i'm not mistaken.

so this… is the power… of common core…

SAMBODY HERP!

This guy.

I'm not sure about Vicar Amelia.
Micolash does seem to run the entire fight until he traps himself. Not sure if he counts as terrified.

?

That psychic midget keeps running away from you in God Hand and sounded paranoid when you encounter him in his intro cutscene

Fucking hell, I have better reading comprehension when im blind drunk.

Not a boss per se, Forbidden Siren 2 has a mission where you have to kill this particular thing. Scared the shit out of me when it rushed to my flashlight from the darkness, especially when I first thought she would just be a regular yamibito, not a weird witch with chicken legs for arms and a huge fucking head with dead mismatched eyes.

why cant people read?

IIRC some of the darksiders bosses were like this when they realized you were one of the horsemen coming for their heart

Can you niggers fucking read?

hmm I guess that's the closest I can think of as well
how dissappointing

It was satisfying as fuck to kill him in genocide. Fuck this nigger

Does Richter in HM 1 count? Also pretty much every single stealth game where your goal is murder

Vinnie Gognitti

It's too bad they never used half the stuff it could do (e.g. biting peoples heads off).