How would one go about spreading a picture or video that one would record totally anonymously and without it being...

How would one go about spreading a picture or video that one would record totally anonymously and without it being traceable?

Other urls found in this thread:

33bits.org/2011/09/19/digital-camera-fingerprinting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

by anonymously I don't mean anonymously recorded, but spread, sorry for stupid wording.

How to make the file untrackable?
Is it just the exif data?

First check out an article on how most cameras are designed to give away your identity info.

Then read an article about how to use noise filters to try to obfuscate.

Then give up and go to

>>>Holla Forums

Use a burner camera, hitch a wifi in a public place with proper opsec?

Can't I just screencap the picture to make in untraceable?
Or is that merely enough to protect against script kiddies on cuckchan?

Thanks for the tip, I guess you are right, should have posted it in tech. But it might be related to pol soon…

On the device you're taking the image with and uploading: Geolocation spoofer+VPN. Then transferred and Posted via remote desktop on a server in Afghanistan preferably. Or a public library.

First you need to understand the format you are using. The best places agencies look at are the comments held in many of these formats to find out if the video was manipulated, some of these comments are even compressed so even with a quick look in a hex editor you may miss them.

Once you've got your anonymous file, uploading it is tracked by your MACID. That's why you should use a computer with a non integrated WAN card so you can remove it if you need to. Once they can't track your MACID then the next step is to ensure your IP can't be traced. Here everyone is into VPN's or TOR, the former is much better than the latter, don't use a proxy though most of the free ones are run by government contractors, remember when its free you're the product. Also based on the application you use, whether it be a VirtualB bridged NIC or w/e you should ensure your OS itself isn't compromised.

Encrytion, then Virtualization for your OS's, with the encryption used for the True OS's you use, followed by peerblock, choice software, highly riced environment for complexity no normie can handle and removal of all the tracking, telemetry and bloat win7 has to offer, a VPN for your internet, and usage of a properly configured TOR in addition to a home VPN run through your wireless equipment and private network, and then some servers and shit.

Then knowledge of webpage infrastructure to know how cookies and all those things that make webpages work as they do.

what about using burner cellphone with internet acess and then uploading it on public wifi?

Would it even matter if I anonymized it, if the pic taken with the burner and I toss it afterwards?

I don't know if the meta data of the phone could be tracked with the picture. You'd need to download the picture itself and check based on the format it uses.

Even a JPEG can have a comment section. Who knows what's in that comment section, it could be all the information of what kind of phone you used.

Your level of paranoia seems high so you may feel such a thing is insecure.

hmmm, ok, but would it matter if they got phones meta-data aslong as I buy it anonymously with cash, remove battery so no geo localization of where I have been and then snap pic with phone, go to place without camera but public wifi and upload there(using the phone) on perhaps a chan-thread?

The thing is, I want to document something then spread it onwards without it being traceable back to me. I would preffer a way where I don't have to study this for a long time beforehand, but something that is somewhat easy and can be learned to do in a small amount of time.

I meant remove the battery when not using it for documentation and uploading. Basically if I'm not understanding these things wrong all they could possibly get out of that is where I have been when documenting and uploading, right?

What is it with 50's movies and robots carrying chicks off?

It's times like this i am pondering whether items payed for with cash that have a serial # can be identified as to place of purchase and footage and such compiled. This i am almost sure of. I have also pondered whether a phone especially a barner was still usable even with battery removed. Methinks in this case perhaps only a lead box would make a good phone case.

See the post right below the post you replied too, I meant remove the battery when not using it. I would obviously buy the phone while hiding my face with hoodie.

I know where to get a lead-casing for phones.

Me thinks some more me thinks hard.
Thrift store classico.

you can start by posting it in this thread

with a computer and IP that isn't yours of course

you could try using someone else's camera

You're thinking 1 D. But you have to think 14D, user! Spread the picture but use the meta data that lead to another person or party. Preferably one that is considered an enemy to our cause. When you spread it, you might even personify a third party by using an certain email account facebook page, linked in etc. Not only will you get the result you want - spreading the picture - but you also cause discord between two other parties. If people start suspecting you, you are able to shift the blame to them.

Never think one dimensional. Plans within plans within plans…

Well that's the point of the meta-data that could be in picture. Like I said before your paranoia level is high. There are many ways information can be hidden in valid PNGs and JPGs. If any information was stored by this phone at the very least it'd be a serial number.

And even if you are using cash to buy the phone, an agency could easily figure out where it was bought and when. So then you could be placed as a suspect of buying the phone if you don't have an alibi for that day in question.

Not if they don't capture my face on camera though. The place where I bought it wouldn't lead to anything.

Also alibi is interesting concept, would one be able to point to activity in online games or social media during time of purchase as proof?

Good advice user. Someone clearly had their weetabix this morning.

That's a useful idea if you can catch all the meta-data. I wouldn't put it past big guys though to hide metadata even within the huffman tables of the JPEG.

All what would need to be done then is to check all the kinds of metadata. The places which are more easily changed are the ones more susceptible to be changed by suspects. What about the lesser known and more obfuscated ones? If they don't match someone has changed something.

To remove metadata just convert the image to a format without any like to a BMP. And then convert it back. Though the conversion process could be done on a phone or a computer. If on a computer then you need to worry about the harddrive storing the picture and anything in the OS.

I was guessing you were buying the phone from a regular store. A store buys products in bulk, these shipments contain ranges of serials. If the metadata of an image contains a serial# then they can find out where it was originally bought. If you suspect they suspect you then they'll see if you could have bought it there. With cash that would expand the timeline so they may not be able to get it down to a day unless you're unlucky.

Also if the place your thinking of buying it from is some black market or "friend" or w/e I'd advise against it. Organized crime is allowed to exist and its actually more easy to track stolen shipments than legitimate ones in the information age.

The thing is that the only way they could suspect me was if I somehow slipped up during uploading/taking picture.

Again I don't understand how it would matter if they knew where and when I bought it, if I when buying it conceal my face and use cash?

I mean look at it this way: busy city with loads of people and traffic, guy in hoodie walks into small neighnbourhood store and buys a burner using cash. Where could they possibly go from there?

This kind of traceability is only true for chemicals, pharmaceuticals and components of airplanes etc. With consumer products they can probably identify the country it was shipped to. But not where it was sold.

It is all based on whether the image you upload contains meta-data. You don't think agencies have thought about adding meta-data to such devices?

When you introduce high power computational engines the amount of exploits done upon you expands.

Don't you have an old digital camera? In my family alone we have about 10 3-5 mega pixel cameras that no one uses. Get one of those, then incinerate it after you took the picture.

okay okay

oh, and make sure to get the disposable camera and laptop from 1-4 states away too

if they find and kill you after you do that just right, it'd probably be because you'd already messed up and they'd know about you now

how about covering your hands with a handmade (aluminum paper/normal paper/plastic bag) glove and just use that?
Why swapping the gloves?

post on .onion facebook

Facebookcorewwwi.onion

thats what all the mossad shills use

Wait. When did I become an oldfag. Do disposable cameras no longer use film? the fuck is the point of that?

Find one that uses film. I'm sure they still exist. Get a burner phone. Go somewhere shady to get it developed. Some poor hole in the wall with no cameras. The availability of this will vary greatly by where you live. Give a ficticious name to the developer and the burner phone number. The pimplier and younger the camera center tech the better. Get developed photos. Scan them, save them as BMPs and upload them using standard OpSec.

Resize, scale and reencode it, with a tool like ffmpg.

Upload it from a place and means not connected to you.

Use
Burner phone
Burner laptop, non persistent OS from DVD, encrypted HD
Destroy the media you have recorded it
Change MAC of NIC, computer network name before connecting it to external/foreign access point/wifi
Don't use it if you have used it in a situation connecting it to your real ID
Use some proxy/VPN/TOR, TOR alone is better than VPN without TOR
Be careful of CCTV cameras, places with “free wifi” might be covered by surveillance. Don't carry a phone
Shops do register the phones/wifi people are carrying to identify clients
There are traffic cams and number plate scanner
Don't talk on the phone about your plans

All depending on how sensitive your footage is. Doxxing anti-fa faggots is less problematic than national security cases.

Dumb idea, old photos of your family are connecting it to your new photos.

Take a picture with any camera. Upload it on a public computer with internet access(libraries, college etc). Open it with paint and copy-cut out the piece of the picture you want to spread. Create a new random jpeg file and copy the contents into it with paint. Then upload said jpeg.
If you can't cut-copy out the whole picture, then just do the same steps but in parts. Once it is on the internet someone else can put it back together.

Can't trace pixels, I'm afraid.

beware, the physical defects in the camera itself
give a fingerprint to the camera
33bits.org/2011/09/19/digital-camera-fingerprinting/

use a burner, or the video will be traced as having been made on the camera used to post any other image available on the web, thus doxxxing you

or edit the video to reduce resolution, alter format, use filters to de-noise it, change the pixel-level data that can identify the camera

Also to add:

If you're scared that they will trace the public computer and recover the file you deleted you can also do this:

Buy a domain/hosting anonymously (There's free domains to choose from, ask Holla Forums). Embed the picture to your website, and add a password to access the link. Then go to a public computer again, visit the website so you can see the picture. Take a screenshot of it, then repeat the same steps as in my last post.

Lastly delete the picture from your website so it can't be traced by an image search.

Probably the only way to make sure CIA niggers won't find you, but even then they might if you fuck up something small.

Starting with Sassy-Cat-Pic-640×607.jpg, of course.

How to find OP
1. OP takes picture, puts it on internet
2. FBI extracts digital fingerprint from image
3. Matches it to the make, model and serial number by means of a database, which was built with participation from camera manufacturers.
4. FBI tracks down the location the camera was purchased at, using a database of nearly all financial transactions conducted today, also built with participation from credit card companies, banks and stores.
5. If OP's name and address are not already known at this point due to using cash, then FBI acquires security footage from store and now has his face and vehicle plates.

Good luck OP!

buy laptop off craigslist (or at a store using cash, wear sunglasses and a hat)
buy camera off craigslist (or at store with cash)
record your video
take a cab to the city and find a wifi hotspot (wear a disguise the whole time)
upload video
throw laptop and camera down the storm drain (do it at night)
walk like 25 blocks (try to shake any street cameras) and call a cab to take you home

better be a damn good video to go through all the trouble faggot.

How do we de-noise? If I just modify a picture in photoshop or equivalent and change format and smaybe add a pepe, will it still contain original metadata?

Resize image, apply filters like blur/noise.
Don't upload JPEG (it has exif).
Use a wifi hotspot, fairly easy in most coffee shops.
Don't use your phone, don't even bring your phone near the place.
Use a fresh install of a web browser. Not something you use regularly. (surprised nobody mentioned that)
Don't get so paranoid that you look suspicious.

Holy shit! Did she died?!