Playing with defeatist friends

Jesus god almighty. Playing the vidya with a friend and the guy just starts raging not a quarter way through the game about how shitty and cheap one enemy player's playstyle is. Gets to literally shouting later in the game as he keeps dying over and over to the guy rather than adapting to how he's playing. Sulks after the game.

The fuck. The guy is fine otherwise, and i can't exactly just turn off chat with him because that'd just cause other issues. Words just seem to make him angrier. How the fuck do I deal with this shit while focusing on the ever important vidya?!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baidu_10_Mythical_Creatures
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jia_Junpeng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you got a video for that picture OP. I kind of wanna see a fox flailing about in quicksand

Play a better game

Are you playing ASSFAGGOTS

Because the only cure is to stop playing ASSFAGGOTS

Tell him his to change his playstyle.
If it's an ASSFAGGOT/FPS/RTS that would mean either to call an ally for help or attack a different place altogether.

If it is an enemy that directly counter his playstyle remind him of that and tell him to avoid that enemy and help out in other places.
Make him feel needed, but wasted in the position he usually goes to.
Don't be an arse since that can backfire terribly and put him in sulk mode or butthurt mode both of which cloud judgement.

Players often go into loops, doing the same shit over and over even if losing terribly. Make him alternate his playstyle with whatever bait works.

You should still say what sort of game you are playing though.

You deserve whatever self inflicted hell you get for playing ASSFAGGOTS.

I've stopped playing moba games but back when I did play them I was on both sides of the fence - I've had people become crestfallen due to the slightest inconvenience, but I've also been in matches where it's obvious we're getting completely annihilated and that one faggot doesn't want to concede because "we can totally do it guuyz", effectively trapping 4 other people with his bullshit.

defeatists are the main reason why i quit ASSFAGGOTS
seriously, they may as well have made it a singleplayer game, i'd still feel more welcome than when my entire team is killing itself EVERY GAME

I wish I did, but no. Just a screenshot from this webm. Only shows up for short amounts of time with little continuity.

Yeah I probably should have been more transparent about how I'm talking about dota 2, guess I was trying to avoid the inevitable shitposts that follow any post about ASSFAGGOTS.
Anyway, I guess I should just try goading him on in different ways than… actually directly telling him what might help. The friend was dying to a guy with a bunch of one and done magic damage, and he simply refused to deviate from his glass cannon build to even build minor magic resistance. Drove me insane. Trying to convince him to go to other lanes probably wouldn't work because the guy is co-dependant as shit and blames everything on me if i'm not in the lane with him at the time.

The more I write about this the more I realize I might just be whining about someone I shouldn't really play with, considering how easily he rages and how much it bugs me.

If he can't even adapt his playstyle after dying over and over, and his only answer is raging like an autist about it, then let him play on his own and get farmed

I really wish you faggots would look up words before you use them. Or in this case not use them at all because you aren't fucking french.

guys a faggot, you're a beta.
tell him exactly what he's doing and if he doesn't change his shit stop playing with him until he does.

you must learn the Way of Merlini

I'm (well, used to be) the resident fightan master and people would get pissed because I did "cheap moves" and called my characters OP, funnily enough whenever I go look up what tier my main is they are usually either mid or low, in very few exceptions are they at least upper mid tier.
Anyway it got so bad that I had to teach them how to play their characters and how to counter my character's stengths. Even after I did that they still couldn't beat me, so I pretty much stopped playing faetan gaemz because nobody wanted to play against me.

you are confused, smallsack. being assertive and being an ass are very different.
friends answer my calls, i still play dota with my former raging friends, and I rage less myself.
consciously or subconsciously, nobody likes being around a passive aggressive.

Nice argument there buddy, but even if you don't agree with his choice of videogame, you know that he is right

Causing a shitstorm and observing it somehow was more fun than actually playing the game like you were supposed to in multiplayer.

This user speaks the truth, OP is a faggot

tell him to gitgud

>Halfway he always gets cheats for it (terraria, starsector, borderlands 2 we did not pay for these)

I don't think he ever enjoyed a game without changing shit to his benefit, in Starsector he immediately put all factions on his side, on Terraria he just gets the best items, same goes for BL2.

I'm so fucking tired of him but I got no one else to play with. I like to progress, I like to deserve what I waste my time to get

the worst part is he always thinks its cute or impressive, like its a surprise to me or im supposed to wonder how the hell he did that

He acts like his game suddenly DC'd and then shows up thinking I won't notice, but when I do and tell him to take it off he just laughs

Play different vidya. Maybe something that isn't so competitive. Killing Floor NOT 2 and Monster Hunter work pretty well from my experience, because they're coop. Serious Sam has pretty neat coop as well. If you don't want to spend money Serious Sam TFE/TSE doesn't have anything stopping pirated copies, but it's quite old.

Your friend has the opposite problem. Get him into something competitive where he can't cheat his way out. It means dealing with retards but if you play some deathmatch FPS or something until you break him into gitting gud he shouldn't cheat later on. If you don't want to spend money try Xonotic, grapplehook instagib servers are pretty fun.

Clearly they're not about video gamery. Just find something else to do with them.

I have a 'friend' (not exactly a friend, but my group of friends tends to mix with his) who gets angry at any and every game.

He said before that unless a game lets him and only the strategies he likes shit on everyone, it's a bad game.

Not changing playstyle is good, you can work with that and rely on it. Do what's missing or what you want. Yell back at him. Enjoy taking on tasks you're not ready for instead of enjoying defeating weaker players like an asian.

Play to win. Grinding is cheating. Following what works is cowardly, even in a game.

I don't have problems like this. Have to better whining players, then they don't whine.

Some out there play in all forms to advance annoyance. Everything they do is formulaic. They are always behind, even against someone playing worse who is doing their own thing, even if their actions have been made redundant by defences.

They will get better. The students will only make what they garner wrong.

What a sagely man, full of sagely advice. OP you need to get a new friend who isn't retarded

solo queue and mute all

i am that guy, his head is clouded, he cant do anything right because he is so unfocused. if he is anything like me hes already decided that he wants to shut off the game and play something else. i remember two years ago playing super mario bros 3, everything was going fine until level 4. he was already at the castle and i was still at that shit autoscrolling level whittling away our lives. ive beaten that level every other time first try but that fucking time i never beat it. wish i knew how to clear my mind, but im such a sore loser

What a time to be alive

Is there a word for simultaneous disgust and pride in humanity's ever-expanding sexual weirdness?
I bet the japanese have one.

I like the Chinese, man.

Apparently, they take their language jokes even more seriously.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baidu_10_Mythical_Creatures

That's amazing

FUCK I have a friend like this. I can't even tell him when we're playing certain games because if he finds out, he joins us and fucks everything up with his hacks (that he pays real money for… fucking sad).

This guy even hacks Minecraft. It's already fucking easy mode, how much easier do you need it to get?

The one thing I backed him on was Payday 2, and only because he hacked himself gear but didn't fuck up the actual gameplay. If people want to hack in guns and weapon mods to dodge the shitty card-grind, I can't blame them for that.

Ah, I see, you want to end your friendship so you invited him to play ASSFAGGOTS with you. Dick move, OP, but it works, you'll be losing your friend soon enough.

The Chinese are years ahead of us in meme technology.
CHINA STRONK

Here's something we can all relate to: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jia_Junpeng

I hate defeatists because they remind me of my father.

DON'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING goes off to sulk
hm

STOP FUCKING ARGUING, YOU STOP BURPING

It gets to a point that the entire family basically keeps him in the dark about everything, because he can't fucking function as a human being.

You want my opinion, either punch him in the fucking face for being a fucking pussy or never talk to him again. These sorts always drag everyone down and are unwilling to talk anything out.

Get a new friend.

Record videos/mess with him/tell him you don't want to play with someone like him anymore

These people are incredibly vulnerable to others pushing their buttons. Honestly you can get some pretty funny reactions out of them.