Top selling

What the fuck is this cancerous shit. Why do I still care about videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/428690
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its just a meme. In 2 or 3 months everyone will forget about it. You shouldnt care, this is nothing compared to the bigger cancers in the industry.

I don't know man. My brother in law is 15 years old and the little nigger keeps talking about how he wants to be a youtube celebrity. What kind of aspiration is that? This "game" just shows how fucked up this generation is.

Fuck off nigger.

Time to end yourself, my man.

you are a nigger and the heart of the cards spits on you

Seems to be a mix of Sims and Kairosoft games.
Has someone give it a pirate it?
How is it?

No, you fuck off.

If anyone here is stupid enough to consider purchasing something like this maybe I really should.

You mean THESE?

This industry/world is a fucking joke

For about five minutes I've been trying to post a fucking pic, it's not even something big it's about 250 KB, does anyone else have problem with posting pics?

Damn user, you need to git gud

Look at that

(checked)
Very nice

No, check your internet connection you country bumpkin.

Noice

What is Youtubers life? I've seen it around but haven't seen any gameplay or anything.

Man this post really is every generation growing up in a nutshell. All the "ruck music is the devil" and "our Jimmy is going to be a doctor" etc.

What a mad man.

I was curious to see what the fuck this game could possibly be about so I watched the trailer.

It's literally the sims.

>normalfags and casuals who know these games are shit bought them just to make unoriginal, dumb meme reviews and get some few trading cards

PC Gaming has become a joke.

A lot of normalfags want to be celebrities, or be famous in some way. They simply see youtube as the quickest, easiest and most achievable path to this. It's nothing new it just seems strange because it's youtube when in fact it's no different than kids wanting to be a famous actor or musician, they just want attention and to be loved by millions of people.
They see someone like pewdiepie or markiplier or even Bo Burnham and think "Wow I could do that too and be just as famous!"

Same old shit

So, you are entirely convinced it's relative, that societal decay is impossible, and that it's just the natural order of things for each generation to be disappointed and shocked by the next?

Do you seriously believe that or do you just say that anytime anyone brings anything up? If anyone here buys this they deserve mocking. Talking about it is not advertising it, and shitting on it is not advertising it. Complaining about how the industry is at a point where shit like this gets made is worthy of discussion, and if you think otherwise then go back to whatever goon-space you came from

Yes. 100%.

And how do the societies that have decayed and vanished in history fit into your world view?

why do you still care about a DRM platform used exclusively by computer illiterates who don't know how to pirate games?

You think the fact that the previous generation is disappointed in some of the things the next generation wants is what leads to the destruction of socities? I think you're skipping a few steps bud.

No, not necessarily. You are convinced of the absolute opposite, so I'm asking you to justify yourself. Can you?

Not having problems posting pictures and I'm using a fucking dial-up speed connection, check your router or turn it off and on or something.

Can you?

Can I do what? Can I argue that it is possible that generations feeling disappointed and shocked by the next could be an indicator of societal decay? Sure.

First, it isn't necessarily the natural order. There are many cases when an older generation has considered the younger filled with renewed vigor and strength- times of societal expansion and outgrowth, and perhaps conquest. There may be some initial uncertainty about their actions being risky, but it never culminates in a crushing disappointment in what they are, or shock at the poverty of their goals.

So, I don't think the opposite sentiment between generations is a good indicator of a time of positive growth for a society. Obviously this is not enough to make the call on its own, but combined with other metrics, we can make a historically sound call on the direction we're headed. Relevant to this particular thread would be the direction video games and the preferences for these that younger people have. So, I would like to establish that video games can be more or less technically or otherwise demanding on a player; like books (which I once heard a similar, naive argument about) some are more difficult than others, and especially with books, it is possible to organize them systemically into reading levels. This hasn't been done with the same rigor to video games, but I believe it could be, and that said, even the layman can realize the difference between Cat in the Hat and War and Peace, provided that he is actually capable of reading and understanding the latter.

Now, I will offer the case that video games have become increasingly difficult and involved in general, and that it is these that sell best among the younger generation? Is that trivially true? Are we disappointed and shocked by the next generation for their unwillingness to play our older, clearly easier games? No, it would seem that generally, games have become easier both technically and in knowledge requirement. We can point out exceptions, games which still require a high degree of these, but they do not constitute the majority. Again, I will mention books because there is a similar, confirmed trend there: more people are reading, but they are reading increasingly easy books.

Market forces dictate that making something as accessible as possible results in more customers, and the particulars of that process for media are very clearly outlined by studies conducted by newspapers, which deliberately reduced the reading levels of their publications and immediately enjoyed statistically significant increases in readership. But, with more people both choosing and receiving lower reading level books, this negates the process by which educators agree that reading ability can be improved, which is to consistently read at the reading level appropriate to your age and education, but then occasionally also reading above it in order to increase it. I would venture that this is part of a measurable general trend, or feedback loop rather, in which people are consuming decreasingly demanding media content, and being enabled by the market for it. Contrast this to the ideals of a Classical education, where texts were read that may have been far, far out of the reading level of the student, but filled with such content and context that though they might not fully understand it, some of the greatness would at least seep into their soul.

Back to games, where we have seen the rise of quick time events, longer cutscenes and even more passive forms of consumption such as watching streamers and youtubers play games. Based upon the steam metrics of number of purchases of such games vs. time played in them, it's clear that these games sell well, but few people actually complete them, despite their increasing accessibility. However, the damage is done, because it is the purchase, not the completion, which incentivizes the market further, spiraling further down. Again, there have been no direct studies on this particular medium as thorough as with books, but the same symptoms here indicate to me the same cause as there.

So, I would now like to enjoy your argument as to why each society in history has only ever been chronically disappointed in the next generation for the reasons relevant to this thread, namely their decreased participation and ability, and how this cannot indicate decay despite many societies actually decaying, presumably without the approval and happiness of their elders.

I don't want to be famous, I just want to make enough money to finally move out of my parents house
Stupid people who buy this game want too much, they should focus more on what they will do as an adult.

posts like these is why i stay in Holla Forums

Step up your game nigger

Impressive

Are you this guy?

i'm surprised that you're surprised. Youtube e-celebs are a huge thing to normalfags.
Anyone that uses this site probably doesn't give a shit, but to normalfags they take that shit very seriously.

I'm more surprised that this didn't happen sooner, like a few years ago when the simulator craze was going on.
It's:
and
Seems like a good recipe if you wanted mass sales.

Most modern games are developed to be played by people who would like shit like this. We aren't, or never were, the target audience.

Blizzard, for example, has moved on to making casual games for casual people. Their games are perfect examples of a company that has moved on to pandering to normalfags.
to:

Gaming is actually becoming a very successful industry since they started doing this.
We're just not going to get a lot of games that are "good" by Holla Forums's standards.

i smell salt

The guy I was replying to was talking about his presumably normalfag younger brother. The vast majority of people on here would never even consider wanting to be famous but normalfags and especially normalfag children usually have dreams of becoming a celebrity. It's nothing new, kids wanting to be famous has been a thing for decades, I was saying just because it's applied to youtube doesn't make it any different than it was in the past.

"The free market will fix it" they said.

This guy gets it. It's what I've been saying for years to the people around me who play games and are passionate about it but aren't neccessarily redpilled enough to understand the changes in the industry.

It's a sad state of affairs, but it's the truth and the world we live in. I get asked by other guys at work to join in and play Hearhstone, League of Legends and all those types of popular games because they know I play videogames. It's a bitch to constantly get alienated by them when I try my best to politely decline in order to not hurt their normalfag feelings and upset the workplace status quo of friendly favors.

I'm just glad that there are still companies (mostly japanese/non-western, with some exceptions) who make games that are genuinely interesting experiences for one reason or another. Also my backlog is enough for two lifetimes so even if there were only a handful of good games coming out each year it wouldn't bother me and I wouldn't get to those games for another 2-3 years anyways.

BECAUSE NO ONE ITT IS TELLING WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT WE HAVE TO GOOGLE AND BOOST THE GAMES YOUTUBE VIEWS

the content of the game is pretty obvious, anyone boosting views is pretty much a retard

that's what the modern industry does, capitalizing on the huge amount of retards

Yep. Just look at conservative in the 70 with hippy or the rebel generation of the 80

lol

>easier to play a game to simulate making big faggot bux because youtube's popularity system promotes those who are already popular and get more views rather than what might actually be relevant

Is Youtubers Life owned by Google in some way? If not then why hasn't Google sued?

I don't really. Anime and lifting has been my existence for the past 8 months.

I dunno why do you care more about what other people are enjoying rather than focusing on what it is you like?

There's how many games on Steam alone and you're mad that one of them is selling particularly well right now?

Fucking christ, dude, just look away close your eyes nigga ahahaha. It'll be gone before you even realise it and you'll probably just rage about the next thing you don't like occupying a slot you don't want it to.

You're a good person, and I hope you will continue to make high quality posts.

tldr Holla Forums cancer

Why buttmad? It's actually pretty fun life sim.

I feel to urge of punching you

This game doesn't even have 50k sales, how fucking easy is it to get on the top sellers chart?
steamspy.com/app/428690

Does it sound like a muslim snapping?

>>>/reddit/

Yes.

At least those generations actually left the fucking house.

Fuck off, kraut. Humanity will never ever forgive you for brutally murdering almost 7 million jewish people during the worst crime in human history known as the Holocaust. Be ashamed of your evil, evil nation.

We've come full circle.

Top selling games have always been shit. This is true as far back as you wish to go in vidya with the possible exception of games that outright start/popularise a genre (e.g. Doom).

This is hardly limited to video games either. Top selling movies are also ass as are the most popular TV shows.

And now get this: There will be people watching Youtubers playing a game about playing a game for your watchers on Youtube.

And since this isn't retarded enough, there will probably be people who record themselves watching that, and upload it to Youtube.

It's more like a full 180 but whatever

the chart refreshes every couple of hours, so really it means jack shit. DmC was a top seller for a long time and look at it now.

I can't imagine even a tenth of the games on Steam actually make a significant amount of money.

Why didn't we stop it?

They already have fam, oldest video about it it's 3 months old.

Pity that the advent of youtube universally split the gaming community into "casual", "casual but atleast with some standards", and "the introverted guys who loves video games but plays old or niche ones yet to hit mainstream".

Nice.

capitalism is about the quality of the products they said
i hate capitalcucks so much

I pirated it and played it longer than I played Fallout 4 when I pirated that.

L-l-land of the f..free…

I'm seeing completely different top sellers, what's going on?

I don't understand why people are willing to pay for that shit but absolutely refuse to pay for actual good games.

I MUST GET DUBS

So we are old enough and reached the point where as adults we see the younger generation wanting to be celebrities shown on the tele and see them for the fools they are.
Even though we see it for what it is. It doesn't mean it isn't cancer.

He looks like David Bull in this pic.

Nothing wrong in that. The corporations are just trying to do their job (maximize the profits). It 's just that the people are so fucking stupid, that they'll actually allow those laws to pass.

Nothing wrong in that. The corporations are just trying to do their job (maximize the profits). It's just that the people are so retarded, they would allow the corporations to poison their kids, if… shit, the corporations are actually doing it now, aren't they?

If you know how to make a better store, please try. Oh but you can't, because no one would want to buy anything from you.

It's useless to whine and bitch about the corporations. It's the people who are lazy and stupid. Just like in gaming, casuals destroy evertyhing.

We'll all be better off once the birth of AI politicians forces us into a socialized utopia where the machines decide what's best for us.
Until they decide to use us as fertilizer.

well met

Alternatively you niggers should just learn to read faster, here have some smug anime girl cancer to compare to your cancer.

The real problem is that Stellaris is third.

what tag do i search for on sad panda to get mangos with retarded girls?

you have to use the tag female

oh of course, thanks