Next Gen™ actually begins in 2017

According to all the industry insiders, this is the scenario that will play next year, the year when Next Gen™ finally begins. From this point on, all the players in the console market will be upgrading hardware and making their software universal, able to use more graphics options depending on the device running the software, and even compatible with PC, VR, etc.

All except Nintendo. What exactly is Nintendo's business model and how can they compete in a market like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/sony-plans-new-playstation-for-graphics-heavy-games-1459152941
8ch.net/meme/v
8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/v
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit I forgot what year it was for a moment there.

Now I remember who I am and my failures in life

wrong thread

It makes more sense when you realize that Nintendo is really just a money laundering organization.

Let this shit die already. Eventually they will be releasing one a year expecting us to hand 400 bucks for the privilege to play a new equivalent of Bloodborne.

Why are devs doing so much "next gen" shit

There are barely any fucking games out, much less good ones. Doing this is going to raise production costs for developers, and time spent on visuals which nobody should care for now.

Are you okay, user?

That mindset is obsolete. All the consoles are now universal platforms that can be upgraded and where the software stays around on it forever, like a PC.

They're trying to turn consoles into iPhones.

I'm going to need source on that.

Same as it's always been, they actually turn a profit on hardware instead of selling at a loss and relying on licencing to make money. They continue to sell because they actually have exclusives that aren't just another brown and bloom shooter.

I'm going to need source on that too.

People are retarded enough for phones since they're small as well, but nobody is fucking retarded for consoles when they take up so much space. We may as well return to Sega Genesis-tier add ons.

I just wonder if Nintendo restarted this shit because of the "New" 3DS.

Uh yeah, I'm just a fucking perfectionist

Ignore that post, but thanks for your concern

In an unrelated note what the hell is up with releasing consoles every two years?

Feels good to be mustard, alternating between Doom and S.T.A.L.K.E.R as I type this.

And still the only reason I'd buy a current gen console would be to play Bloodborne and Ni-Oh whenever that shit comes out. This gen was lackluster as fuck.

they are trying really hard to have a VR console.
it will never happen if devs cant get games to run at 60fps on a fucking ps4

start the nuclear extinction event please

just nuke my shit up fam

Because surprise surprise: Retards buy them, and there's a lot of retards out there

I'd get it if I could go back in time with it and play the old Halos with my old friends that I don't know anymore

but iPhones are easy to break, and they have batteries that blow up after a few years

Consoles have decent quality parts, don't they?

just get new friends

if you think they'll be different, you will see them as different

embrace your ignorance, or accept that multiplayer videogames aren't yet a memorable form of media

What? You don't want to play last generation's games with slightly better graphics?

I haven't heard or seen any worthwhile games released for PS4/X1.

I'm pretty much done with gaming at this point besides a couple games I'm looking forward to. Was there anything good released for current gen third party or first part?

Bloodborne is the only worthwhile exclusive out. They don't call the PS4 a "Bloodborne machine" for nothing.

I've always wondered how people could just get tired of playing video games, but now I'm reaching that point myself. I wish I could feel something towards games, but all I feel now is apathetic. I'm done.

Just find your niche instead of being a faggot whore.

Nintendo consoles have always been shit, the only reason people buy them is for the exclusives.

Just emulate old games dude. Or look for games that may interest you.

I almost quit after the PSX/N64 generation. The Dreamcast is what pulled me back in. Then Sega up and disappeared on me, and I've been spiraling back into jaded disinterest ever since.

This gen is the fucking worst by far.

At this point, I'd rather just dig up titles I've missed out on because there is plenty of them out there than the amount of games being made for this gen.

I think I'm just going to ignore this console shit from now on.

What are older, non-current games?

>>>/halfchan/

What are niche actual good recent games?

Why normalfags don't understand the new consoles aren't even worthy of your time, money, and life in this age?

Thought experiment.

So it is November 2017 because all of the last gen systems launched in November.
Millennial parents need to snag the consoles early to wrap them and place them under the non-denominational tree for all their good little zoys and zirls.
President Trump is cackling to himself as he adorns the Lincoln memorial with an orange toupée.

I'm the type of person that would buy a console so I'm an impressionable young lad with somewhere over half a grand from being a really convincing crossdressing twitch streamer or a decently popular letsplayer like my hero, pewdiepie.
I'm afraid of building a PC because I believe it to be too expensive and complicated.
So which one of these console things can actually offer me a unique gaming experience?
If there are no real exclusive games to those systems and the graphical improvements aren't too big of a jump than why don't I just buy an 8th gen console?
If there are exclusive games are they really that good?
Shouldn't I buy an 8th gen console and cheap games in the meantime and wait until a price drop and also the ability to see what system has the better library at a later date?
No, who am I kidding, I should only play the latest and greatest, otherwise people aren't going to know how cool I am and I'll be subjected to game ruining spoilers since gameplay is now outlawed and games are simply movies with QTEs that wait for you to press a button making QTE a strange misnomer.

I can't pick Microsoft because all their software is compatible with PC and I'm not going to play Halo 6(?) with all those PC hackers.

Can't go with nintendo because I'm far too mature to be playing one of their consoles.
Doesn't matter what hardware they have or how many exclusives.

PS Neo looks like the odd man out winning generation 9 before it has even started.
Chalk up another win to us sony ponies amirite?
I like how over half of Kingdom Hearts 3 will take place in the Frozen Level where you help Anna and Elsa realize their incestuous gay feelings for one and other as per the request of the localization team.
Also making them fat and ethnic.
Almost forgot because of how normal that kind of change is now.

Isnt Xbox1 doing so shit theyre basically porting all Xbox exclusives to PC and its been heavily implied there wont be another Xbox gen?

Citation fucking needed.

The current gen of consoles weren't more powerful than the PCs coming out at the time, I doubt the 2.5 will be any different: underpowered laptop hardware stuffed in a poorly vented shell with a stupid logo slapped on it.

babby need machine that make him laugh without being scary like computer.

babby have computer once and computer brake.

computer game complicated, computer game have option menu with scary option. only turn computer on for copy paste wiki article for woman study class. woman suffer very much thru history. otherwise babby avoid computer or else computer maybe brake and babby have to call smart friend again.

because nobody outside of hardcore autists, furries/bronies, and pirates want anything to do with PC if it's not steam.

These days you can't even get people to buy a fucking laptop unless it's for work, it's all ipads and iphones.

This. I was never an early adopter of the latest consoles, but I haven't bought any this time (and don't plan to).

I guess it's nothing but PC from here on out. It's cheaper that way, anyhow.

I know this is gonna trigger some people, but: There is literally nothing wrong with Steam.

>tfw I bought a PS4

Is any of what you said for Nintendo confirmed, or are you just continuing the circlejerk? Because I don't remember anything at all being said about the NX.

Sucker.

This is where it ends. All the stuff past this point in your post are invalid. That's far too much thought put into it, from their perspective.

Here's some things that can really happen:

The reason the Xbox 360 was the "winner" was because it had far more television presence. Microsoft has a grade A social engineering research division. They've very good at getting people to buy their stuff. You'll learn a thing or two by looking into it.

When Valve goes bankrupt, you will no longer be able to download, and probably not even play, the games you've bought.

Saying there is "literally nothing" wrong with Steam is factually incorrect, but I assume you only phrased it that way because you're a supreme redditing meme machine.

Don't forget to pray every night for global thermonuclear war, kiddos.

If this happens, people will make an analysis and look back into 2013 to 2017 as a market crash
Because seriously, we are living in the crash and some don't even know it

NX is going to be terrible. It will be dead on arrival.

Also it uses a fan that sounds like webm related.

See, triggered.

If Valve starts to go bankrupt I'll just permanently switch to offline mode, and then I'll just start grabbing cracks (which is what I did well before the whole "lets change GTASA to the mobile version", oh and don't blame steam for that, that was R*).

Confirmed for not knowing how Steam works.

Except the xbox didn't "win", the wii did.

No, the Wii did

Not how it works, not if they want a one way trip to jail.

>there are people who consider 5W Zen APUs as PC destroying monsters and just ignore the fact that the nextgen consoles will also likely use x86

It's either ARM or x86.

This is what people actually believe
what a world we live in

it really is some breathtaking stupidity

Not being able to download a game is a fact, as well, steam servers won't be there anymore.
But not being able to play em, that's the tricky part.
You CAN as we speak copy games around and even make backups etc… so in theory you could just dump those games on the internet.
Now the part where you get this offline unlocker is that is the question.

Did the rumors say otherwise?

More shit I won't buy and won't buy for anyone else. Good job, niggers. You put me entirely off of consoles.

Why fucking bother not just pirating the shit to begin with at this point? I'm not interested in paying to get fucked up the ass by a herd of kikes anymore.

Any self-respecting man who didn't respect himself enough to build a rig decided to go for the 360 because it was the best choice
Even with the cancer of paying for online, the counter part of getting the best ports and fast servers was too much
Or just for offline/pirate reasons it was still the best way
Winner in terms of games and hardware, not in economic matters

Okay first of all, Valve going bankrupt is the least likeliest thing to happen in the industry. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are all closer to bankrupcy than Valve is.

The phrase "if Valve goes bankrupt" is honestly just wrong, because that will never happen. These people have gained billions of dollars without spending ANY of it for the past decade. They're literally sitting on a Smaug sized treasure that could keep them going for another decade without any profits.

Second of all, do you really think if they were to fail, they'd just shut down everything? I mean shit Steam is the biggest game distributor on PC. Shutting it down would not only be dumb as hell, especially where it could be sold to another company.

And goddamn dude, there's so many companies that are interested in buying Steam that it's so unlikely that one of them won't buy it.

I don't like Steam, but these hypothetical scenarios are just fucking dumb

I hope the PS4 Neo is real to see karma for this.

I can't imagine parents will be happy with this either. They probably expected this gen to last about as long as the last one. Now there's already a "Next Gen" on the horizon that they have to worry about their kids pestering them about.

Ask RCA.

Goddamn it Phil! You promised us there wouldn't be an "Xbox 1.5"!

but at least you get to collect those simply epic Steam achievements and show everyone online what a hardcore gamer you are! now that's breathtaking stupidity.

literally the only valid reason to buy a digital copy of a video game is to access the online multiplayer servers, which just allows you to play with random 12 year olds online. pirates can still play online on pirate servers with their pirate friends.

Also i'm pretty sure those "next gen" will be a niche thing.
Most consumers run a simple script:
1) Go to the nearest game store
2) Seek for the cheapest box that can run madden and Call of duty (the real ones, not downsized ports with shitty online)
3) Buy cheapest box
4) Go home, fizzle for 1-2 hours with the online setup, play CoD and madden until next year when they have to get the newest one

You're voting with your wallet, even when you don't buy games.

Every time you pirate a game you like instead of buying it you're personally ensuring that more games like it won't be made.

I'm not saying "BUY EVERYTHING" or that you should moralfag it up, piracy is fucking great, but when you choose to just count yourself out of the market don't be surprised when you don't see the market shaping it's self to your demands and instead it grows around the demands of the casuals willing to pay money.

Holy fuck hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laughs, OP. Look, the only console you need right now is a Wii U. The only console you're going to need next gen is the NX. This is how it ALWAYS is. This is how it always will be.

All you ever need is Nintendo+PC. Especially today when everything worthwhile that's on playstation is on PC, including fighting games. Shitty Sony and MS make glorified toaster pcs.

here comes the "muh $20 really makes a difference!" moralcuck

Go home buddy, right now you only need a PC

Actually PS3 have quite a lot of hidden gems and can run SoTC at a good frame rate because its an actual rewrite rather than emulation.
The "bang per buck" of the system pretty much humiliates and mops the floor with the PS4 in every aspect possible.

Also you get a neat controller with a decentish D-Pad for your PC.

It's like you don't understand business at all.

I'm no moralcuck. I was stealing shit when you were still a good lil'lad begging your mum for some candy.

I'm just stating the facts of how a capitalist system works.

Deal with it.

any game developers/publishers that refuse to release their game without DRM either on GOG or their own website does not deserve money. every time you buy a game on Steam, 30% of your money goes to Valve, telling them you absolutely love their DRM service.

That's bullshit but I believe it. Anyways Nintendo seems to be going after the casual/nostalgia/easy money market still but might make it's way back to being a fucking game company. And while the less powerful hardware would mean that devs wouldn't have to worry so much about grawfiks and could focus on gameplay, it sadly doesn't work that way. Plus there's no third party support for Nintendo due to them always including a stupid gimmick in the last two consoles.

Unless it has "indiy" slapped over it, the casuals only care about how pretty it looks. I mean Fallout 4 has some heat from casuals and it's pretty ugly.

Also happy fucking joy joy the "TRUE NEXT GEN EXPERIENCE" is coming after three years since launch For reference it took 8 years for Microjew to replace the 360 with the boned and only 5 years for a console update. And there's still isn't any fucking games out Bloodborn if you own a PS4 and Forza Horizon 2 if you have a boned. GG games industry.

Smash alone is worth it imo. You also have Pokken, Splatoon, 3D World etc. Then you also have a quickly growing hacking scene which is looking very promising.

Its a decent console at the prices you can get it at.

Who would have thought huh?

I don't care where you buy a game from, buying it is still voting with your wallet, and not buying is doing the same. Doesn't change what I was saying one bit.

I use both Steam and GOG. And I do like Steam's DRM. It's light, painless, and makes installing and updating a thoughtless process. Better than Origin or Uplay. Sue me.

reported for shilling

GO HOME CUCK
I can say the same with Bloodborne and Forza 6/Horizon 2
But i'm not gonna be more of a jackass, the Pee U has some decent titles outside that shit game that can be played better on the Gamecube
Splatoon is useless without online so im not gonna count it, but Lego City, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Dong Freeze are very competent
Still 200 bucks for the machine with a single game (a rehash or a party game that is) is still too much, better buy a nice set of headphone and a cool drink

Fuckoff kike

I think it's more heavily implied that "generations" aren't going to be a thing anymore. MS will probably still put out dedicated gaming hardware with little to no user access to the OS - but it'll be more like SteamOS or MobileShit. Games are going to be released for the Xbox Brand, and they will work on all hardware iterations - with improved hardware coming out every few years. Like mobile, or PC games, having a weaker hardware unit isn't going to bar you from playing the game - but you'll have to run at much lower graphics settings.

Eventually, new games will come out that even the lowest tier Xbox Hardware will no longer be able to run, and you will be forced to upgrade. However, that will still work out to about every 5 ~ 8 years. When you do upgrade, all of your older games will still run on the new hardware. So it's just going to be one grand unified platform - cross compatible and integrated with Windows 10 and Windows Mobile.

They're not leaving gaming. They're just cutting out the liability of having a failed console bleed money as it limps through a hardware cycle. It's too expensive and difficult to try to re-build momentum for a product, so instead they're trying to build a persistent brand that's much more agile and reactive, with a large permanent library that they will be the gatekeepers of.

I can tell you're just an unskilled dumbass. The only people who hate smash 4 are people who just hate fighting games in general(casuals aka you)

Do we even know enough about the Next GEN™®© to come up with any solid conclusions or is this all just rumors and speculation?

Yet another excellently built straw man user, you're on a roll.

It's not like I was explaining how the market place works and you started spazzing out about DRM or anything.

PS4.5 is pretty much confirmed
wsj.com/articles/sony-plans-new-playstation-for-graphics-heavy-games-1459152941

See, nigger, Smash is made around online, and when the fanbase sucks so much cock like you then it renders it unplayable
Melee had the decency to have offline content
It's not about skills like you pretend to care and brag about, it's about content to have fun
And don't be assed to think people that hate fightan hate smash, i would say people who like fightan hate smash and those who dont care about it like the easy entry Smash pretended to be
Don't kid yourself, yid

Actually I want you to do the opposite of this user.

This is horribly entertaining.

Please, continue, tell me more about how I want Gabe's hot DRM in my ass and mouth.

Now i know you're a dumbass. Local weeklies are where everyone plays. Nobody who is any good even touches the halfway developed online. Same with every fighter that isn't dead locally.

Wow such a badass I'm so wet right now
>>>/oven/

>people will complain about the Nintendo

It's going to be out for the PS4, Sony aren't going to fuck up that hard.

You madman, you actually did it.

Well, you might as well keep going, I can tell you have a lot to get off your chest.

Sure fam

I was talking about how you have a lot of pent up rage for people who buy games from Steam that you seem to need to get off your chest.

Weird direction you took it there.

I love pirating GOG games, their DRM-free releases are better than any other. I want to show valvecucks that it is possible to buy digital copies of games without being fucked in the ass by a bloated DRM/spyware client.

You retarded son?

now that's what I call retarded

You're in for some rough years user

I'm not the one buying games on steam. if Valve went down it would forcibly stop you valvecucks from continuing to waste all your money, which could possibly result in you losing your virginity and saving your life from inevitable suicide. it wouldn't effect my life at all since I already pirate everything.

This. Anyone with business sense would know that leaving an industry with mass growth and revenue potential is outright comical. Especially if you are one of the top three in revenue and gross margin earned (Which is currently Tencent, MS and Activsion with Sony set to outpace Activison by the end of the year). No one is leaving and MS are just future proofing their plans around a company strategy that J Allard wanted to do as far back as 2005.

It's seen as really bad to pull out of gaming now. Even Disney ate shit from shareholders over closing it's publishing business because they left a growth sector due to a single year had $146 million in losses. That's chump change to the mouse and Disney lost far less than most new publishers. Bob Iger came under heavy fire from shareholders over it and they were pissed because of the wealth of IP's meant Disney could have established a core gaming unit alongside Infinity and made a fuck ton of cash like Warner is.

Valve is a complete mess of a company and that tranny suit just exposed of ton of shit like major labor violations in the state of Washington never mind Spain and the EU. Refering to a tranny not by their pronouns (You cis scum) is only the tip of the iceberg in that suit

Gabe is being a retard trying to keep the "Small company" mentality and PR when Steam should have been spun off into it's own concern away from valve backed by private investors years ago

Go away cuck.

Somebody always tries to feed us that line every console generation.

In the 90's it was quite valid because PC was crap, limited by awful IBM design flaws.

But when the pentium came and rebuilt the PC architecture from scratch pretty much, the game ended.

They are even more retarded because they own fucking Star Wars and Marvel and Lucas Games, They have what WB had to seek out and pay for, IPs that are well cemented as classics of Video games.

You're delusional on the valve part, you sound like the kind of retards that thought FE Fates was going to be undersell Awakening in spite of strong initial sales. Or baiting, it reads like bait so I'm willing to chalk it up to bait. Steam should have been spun off into it's own company to make the platform autonomous and to allow for it to grow separately of Valve, but it has 0 need for private investors.

I'm sure the company is going to love processing your cash.

Gabe made it clear he never wants to make Valve or Steam a public concern because it opens it up to publishers. Spinning Steam off into it's own concern with Private investors and venture capital funds like Valve currently operates what he would actually do. It's not bait when it's reality and Gabe knows if he took Steam public as a platform then every publisher would want a slice and create war trying to get the biggest slice of the pie. Imagine if Gabe spun Steam off as a public traded company with 49% of shares being put up for sale to drive funding. Activision and Ubi-Soft would kill each other to try take as much of that pie. Then they get a seat on a board and tell Gabe what to do. It would be a diaster.

A spin off as a privately owned company with private investment just means they can set goals like proper customer support and proper quality control without having to deal with external politics. It would be the ideal scenario but Gabe is too stubborn to ever let that hapen.

This generation is so fucking awful it actually makes the original Wii look good.

AMIIBOOOOOS

HUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UR DUMB

WHO NEEDS GAMES WHEN YOU CAN BUY MACLUNCH DOLLS?

DUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR

Why have private investors when Gabe has the money to bankroll the company himself and keep all the money to himself, anyway the part I was implying you were delusional about was the first line, That lawsuit isn't shit.

Dubs.

This is nonsense.

If anything, the gap between PC and Console graphics have gotten much narrower over the years - if for no other reason than because developing costs have risen substantially and it's far more economical these days to make a quick and dirty port than it is to keep a game hardware specific or create unique iterations for various different platforms.

My 386 was stomping the shit out of my SMS and NES back in the day, and it was already being outpaced by the newer 486's.

He doesn't. Valve's been backed by private venture capital funds and individual investors ever since the Steam relaunch. Gabe makes billions but he's not making enough to be able to keep the company afloat or expand outwards.

The tranny part is shit and the judge will give them a slap on the wrist at worst. A million, that tranny can keep dreaming. They will be lucky to get $10K if ruled against. The multiple labor violation the plantiff's lawyers uncovered are what's going to skullfuck Valve in the long run.

Nintendo doesn't try to compete anymore. It has its own sort of market for its goods.

Well, while it had good games, it was inferior for action games because it was unable to run anything at 60 fps due the isa bus choke.
The fastest frame rate wise game you had back then was commander keen, that exploited all sorts of insanity to reach 40 fps.
It got at a ridiculous point where you had this semi 3D FPS textured mapped game that probably would run at 60 deadlocked if the isa bus didn't forced it down to 35.

Their model is making fucking video games, that's what.

Scorpio is almost double the power if the rumors are true.

sauce

Can you list a decent example of a console game that had substantially degraded graphics due to hardware limitations? Can you provide examples of action games on consoles that would have been unplayable on the PC due to the frame rate?

Street Fighter II comes to mind for me, but it was far from unplayable or even significantly degraded. Neither were Aladdin or The Lion King's ports, though I don't recall framerate issues with those, and all of them were substantially better looking and sounding.

Fire up dosbox and try playing those games today.
You will well not be very pleased with their 30/15 fps cap.

It is probably liek how PS4 did quantum computing and Xbone had infinite power.

Scorpio sounds expensive.

Double the power to get scammed twice! You can put all the fucking power you want, if there isn't first party support you may just want a fucking PC.

It's a desperate attempt to turn around a flop of a generation which, frankly, might well be the death of consoles anyway.

That's all.

Riviting

8ch.net/meme/v

8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/v

You have way too much hope for the new Xbox.

This is more of a stopgrap generation. These consoles are going to be about as "next-gen" as the Atari Jaguar and 3DO were in 1993, and we all know how well that turned out.

See, this is the most hilarious thing of all.

The value of a platform is determined solely by the number of games on it that appeal to you.
Except in this case, there aren't any games, good or bad.

My love of big butts has gone too far damn it

How come I've never seen anyone here on /v ever post an article about declining PC sales? That's been going on for years.

All people here do is shit on consoles all the time meanwhile Sony sold 40 million PS4s.

People treat gaming as religion: so narrow-minded and conservative.

if winblows 10/xbawks intercompatibility ever takes off that'll be sure the one thing that is guaranteed to kill PC gaming, sure steam and meme movements convincing console plebs to contaminate the whole medium were bad but you haven't seen horror i tell you anonymous

8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/https://8ch.net/meme/v
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
8ch.net/meme/
v
v
8ch.net/meme/
v
8ch.net/meme/
v

fuck off

Declining PC sales don't have a correlational (never mind a casual) link to PC gaming. Why, exactly, this is is unclear but most likely the decline in sales is a combination of market saturation, a rise in building things from parts rather than pre-builts and the appearance of tablets/mobiles (which the plebs buy instead of desktops or even laptops).

A console can really only be used for playing vidya. Their generational nature is another factor. You can use a decade old PC to play LoL or even CS:GO on minimal settings after all while you need to pick up a new console every gen. It is all about the sales.

It does bring up an interesting point though and I'd agree people get too factional with their platform.

Remember how Sega and Atari kept releasing handhelds during the 90's that were always technologically superior to the Gameboy (colour, 16-bit, backlit screen, higher res)?

Remember how they all failed because they didn't have enough good games compared to the Gameboy?

It's because people buy gaming devices to play games. They want to play games, and if there are no games or not enough good games they won't purchase the hardware. Why is this so hard for them to understand? Sure, gimmicks can be an easy way to cash-in off of casuals, but it doesn't last. Making actual good games almost always works.

This really is the end of consoles.
Should I be glad? Should I be upset?

You're out of touch user, with games becoming an identity not something to do on your spare time games don't actually sell hardware

It's not the end of consoles. It's the beginning of a merger. Except Nintendo is being left behind, as usual.

What a mess.

I will add, however, that in at least one case the console was popular as much for its other capabilities as it was the video games. This was the PS2 with its ability to play DVDs and that explains its stupidly large sales since every nigger needed a DVD player anyway.

Sony tried to recapture this with the PS3 and Blu-ray which, of course, didn't pay off. To try and do this they actually ran a huge loss on the format war which they never really made back.

Except you're wrong, and the WiiU proves it. Every time a game thqat people actually want to buy is released on the WiiU, hardware sales increase:

So you're wrong. When they release games people are interested in buying, hardware sales also increase. Actually making games=increased hardware sales.

if you're underage yes

I'm 25. This gen feels like it hasn't even properly begun. Almost no games out and it still nothing but empty promises. I feel sorry for console kids.

would you a gamecube

Oh yeah I'm technically a PC gamer because I use a 5 year old laptop to pay TitS.

Why do people still care about "MODERN GAMES"?

Gaming died around 2008.

All the good games are from 1995~2007.

There is litterally no reason to buy a console or upgrade PC.

5 year old laptops can be pretty good but your argument makes sense

it's like a nigger saying he's an artist but all he does is use crayons on school note books

This goes for a gaming PC too. Nobody in their right mind would build a $1000 machine for anything other than to play games.

I'm 33 and it feels like the current gen has not even started, you really need 10+ decent exclusives before it feels like it's going and the only console close to that in the WiiU and even that is just due to backward compatibility.

Fun fact: the GC is approaching 15 years since release.

This is literally the same as the 360 Elite and PS3 Slim.

I doubt the Scorpio is a thing, but I really hope it is because the absolute trainwreck it would become would be insanely amusing.

Nintendo is irrelevant.

There's video editing and 3D animation.

I read an article once that stated that the number of
is lower than the number of consoles.

If you look it up at steamspy most folks seem to have integrated graphics.

Are you retarded or just unable to understand english?

Like it or not some child/slav/slav-child that spends all of his day playing Dota/CS/TF2 is still a PC gamer (at least in business terms). Older computers are also sufficient to play any number of older games including most that Holla Forums likes to consider classic and most Source Engine games. Indeed you'll often find old shooters (RO:OST, for example) populated by slavs on toasters.

Declining PC sales indicates little specifically in terms of gaming because it's a multi-use device and an outdated PC does not prevent you buying older games or even recently released games (indieshit is also a big market).

Declining console sales are a worry because without the latest console you cannot buy the latest games. Additionally the hardware manufacturers need to make enough money to justify continuing in the market. If they're selling a console at a loss (or just breaking even) they need mass adoption to make that money back in vidya sales. Physical game stores will also not stock games that do not sell sufficiently as they've got an actual limit on what they can sell due to physical constraints.

I however don't understand the interest in "PC gamers buy PCs that are on average worse than consoles" though. does it suddenly make consoles better?

so let me get this straight, a good computer loses all it can do once you go past a certain price point?

You do not need a $1000 machine to play vidya and anyone who claims so is provably retarded.

Hell you don't even need a $1000 machine to play high-end games if you buy intelligently.

This comes from kiddies with no understanding of the market googling 'gaming pc' and seeing the price of a shitty pre-built with flashy LEDs instead of quality.

The business model of a console manufacturer, ironically, does not revolve around the sale of consoles. You sell them roughly at cost or even at a loss (occasionally at a negligible profit once you take into account shipping etc). Your money actually comes from your cut of every game sold on the platform and, more recently, digital nonsense or people paying for MP.

People will recoil if you show them a high set up cost. Instead you tempt them in with a low cost and sell the games at a large mark up. Publishers can't drop the price if you keep demanding a steady cut. People don't realise quite how much money it costs to buy 5-6 console games a year at full price but it adds up very quickly.

This is the same reason people buy things with monthly payments despite the interest making it a larger overall cost. A false economy is a powerful force.

Way back (as in 20-25+ years ago) consoles were a good bargain. You got very favourable hardware for a cheap price and games that weren't too jewishly overpriced. Over time it was realised you could tweak this formula against the consumer and they'd still buy into it. This is why I jumped ship eventually.

All bullshit.

No matter your exact definition "High end PC" is always going to be outside the budget of most people. Most of my builds would be "midrange" because I don't go top of the line in anything as I keep the total build under $1500.
If you want top of the line you will pay that much for just the CPU.

yea good luck with that OP

except that several seperate industry insiders have all said the nx is more powerful than xbone, possibly more powerful as ps4, but probably not as powerful as the ps4k

That's only cost-effective for doing things like rendering (although I think most companies use workstations instead) or working with any resource-intensive program.

Sure, it can play games, but that's not why you'd get one.

Just let it happen.

CHECK EM

It seems to be Sony and M$ plan. For the next 2 gens at least. Gameplay improvement never ever

I still miss vidya though.

Know what, fuck it i'm going to go buy some games on steam.

… it will be bought by another company which would continue Valve's business.

For God sakes man, she's just a little console!

You're right, she's only 15, it's kinda weird.
How about the N64?

I'd do the same. But I dont like steam. So I'll stick with cumsoles.

idk man how old is the SNES?

Turns out the SNES is 24 years old.

Im okay with dating older consoles

Let's see when were consoles releases:

Releasing it in 2017 would be too soon, however a 5 year console cycle isn't unheard of. The only reason why the 360 and PS3 stayed that long was because of the Kinect and Move, which were meant to prolongue the previous cycle.

>But unsurprisingly lost in terms of sales because of kiketendo being retards

Whaaaaaat? Somebody get me off this ride.
It feels as if the PS4 and Wii U were released only yesterday, and i still have only a PS3.
I just cant keep up with this.

Don't shill your video here faggot

It still has less exclusives than the NoGaems 3 did.

What fucking planet do you live on where backwards compatability magically gives old games better textures and shit?

If the PS4K and the Xbone1.5 take off at all, I think NX is in real trouble of being totally dead on arrival. They are going to need the mother of all launch lineups just to stand out from the price cuts coming to PS4/Xbone.

Steam already lets you backup games on different storage mediums. Even CDs if you really want to.

In terms of games being available without steam you can already pirate pretty much every AAA pc exclusive that's out right now. So it really isn't much of a factor.

This

Bare in mind a few years ago EA offered Valve a ton of money to buy the company out, then a few years later offered even more money just for Steam.

Guarantee that Microsoft would jump on Valve with a 10 billion dollar offer as soon as "we're in negotiations to sell the company" comes out. Being the most popular digital distribution platform for games on PC is something almost every company wants.

Even then it's all hypothetical because it's very unlikely Valve is going to go bankrupt in the next 10 years due to Steam. THQ comparisons aren't valid since almost every game Valve puts out does stupidly well and THQ had a history of putting out shovelware and AAA games that sold really poorly.

i'd fuck her

Next™ Gen™ Shill™ Thread is a shill thread with more power than any previous shill thread thread without porn or casual support

I never said I use Steam. I said that the statement I am responding to is completely retarded, and it still is.

Sega Master System was 3 or 4 years until the Genesis/Mega Drive came out. SMS was still supported for 3 years.

NES was 7 years (for Japan), 5 years for US. Super NES was in 1990 for Japan and 1991 for the US. Still supported for 2 or 3 years after the SNES release.

Genesis lasted around 7 years in US and Japan, including still having games on the system after the Saturn's release.

SNES lasted 8 years. Even longer in Japan.

4 years is usual console lifespan? Seriously? Maybe only the Sega Saturn, due to Sega's incompetence.

This is an insanely short generation with barely any games if they're going to be releasing "upgraded" systems this year or next year.

Read the replies, they covered how retarded your statement was.

Oh and

NES was $250 when it launched
SMS was $200 when it launched
Factoring in inflation, it would have been about $400~$475 dollars in today's dollars.

My first PC was a 386DX 33Mhz w/ 4MB Ram and 250MB HDD + Dot Matrix Printer. It was already a generation old, as the 486s launched the same year.

We got a hell of a deal on it for $2,500, as the new 486's coming out were priced around the $3,000+ range.

That's about $4,600 in today's money.

That consoles were a "good bargain" in comparison to a PC back then is a hell of an understatement.