FUCKING FLAMETHROWERS

Give games with kickass flamethrowers or otherwise firey ways to kill. I want to burn shit to a crisp and indulge the pyromaniac in me.

AvP2 was fun to burn ayyliens.

CoD WaW

Are there any games that depict flamethrowers correctly, (i.e. oversized napalm squirtguns) as opposed to the hollywood model (i.e. oversized butane torches) ?

I want to find out too.

Vietcong?

You might find this interesting.

Blade of Agony mod for Doom 2

Turok 2

saw this video on page 1 and watched it out of boredom

really informative and the high framerate footage was cool

thanks user

Metroid Prime

Rising Storm.

Wish he got to use it with napalm instead of just diesel/petrol.

A real flamethrower is like a mighty cumshot from Satan.

KF1's flamethrower was fun.

I can't burn faggots in Metroid Prime.

I should've specified, single player games only. I don't do online. Thank you though!

Like Killzone 2's flamethrower.

Kingpin.

Damn that looks fun to use

Hey I'll follow you for 10 bucks.

Its obvious why they can't make it more realistic but I just think its pretty silly, like, whenever I use a flamethrower in videogames all I can think about is how it would play out if this was real life; There'd be thick black smoke fucking everywhere and the flames would spread out of control and engulf the house in minutes, hell, you'd risk setting off a wildfire outside if its a particularly hot day
I know in Far Cry if your set foliage on fire it spreads and makes a lot of smoke leaving a trail of dead plants, but it only lasts like 30 seconds and is superficial at best

Didn't have a flamethrower.
2 has by far the best flamethrower in all of gaming. Actually sets shit on fire and that fire lasts.
What you must be thinking is the 3/4 Far Cries, which were irredeemable garbage.

Nah, flamethrowers are shit

You can equip your marines with flamethrowers in pic-related though be warned:

It only has 5 ammunition units, 10 if you buy the ammo pack additionally.

On the plus side it has two firing modes:

Mode one will concentrate on one target and the spot the target was standing on will keep burning for two or three more turns.

Mode two will cover a bigger area but because of that you run the risk of hurting your flamethrower guy or one of your other marines. And the second mode will consume more ammunition.

However, the flamethrower is a heavy weapon which is preferable for Incubation, especially in later missions.

what makes 2 better than 3/4 I havent played any of them

That sounds hot.

2 is to 3/4 like GTA IV is to GTAV

theres more TECHNOLOGY and complex game mechanics

I personally found Far Cry 2 not worth the time it takes to get from A to B ingame, you spend literally half of the game in your car

i can understand. I liked gta 4 way more then 5

Dunno about how to feel about that. I fucking hated GTA4, never played 5 but I did enjoy FC2.

In a nutshell, I think that FC2 feels much more like a real game than FC3/4 which are way too forgiving and bend over for the player. 2 is probably not for everybody, it still gets pretty fucking repeative by the time you are halfway through, but what saves it from mediocrity is the atmosphere that is fucking god-tier.

I take it you've not plaayed Dragon's Dogma.

Why haven't i actually properly played dragons dogma!

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. As the game's about vampires and they're vulnerable to the fire flamethrower makes the game awfully easy

Renegade X has the bloody flame tank in addition to flame troopers and chemical troopers.

According to some old man if you were in a small house and shot a flamethrower you'd die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning

I fucking love DD.
With how well the PC port did I really hope it gets a sequel.

Killing floor.
not the second abomination, the first one

yeah, they actually went to africa to figure out what the game world should look and feel like. thats why its got such an incredible atmosphere. had they followed up on the realism of the environments with realistic gameplay this would have been a much better game, but it suffers from a gamey jamming system, unrealistic driving, gamey repair system, gamey healing system, REPETITION in basically everything. i doubt they had the dev time but it would have been amazing if it was focused on realism.

if the enemies had more unexpected spawns or have some sort of roaming groups the game could have been more interesting. the malaria mechanic needed some tweaking, i did like how it made some situations more intense but it was really repetitive to go fetch more pills. there should have been a prone position as well.

unfortunately i doubt we'll ever see this game go open source so its never going to change.

2 was a tech demo that needed a few extra years of work honestly. The game was a complete chore to play. Potential but boring.

sums up what was wrong with it in a nutshell

Probably not what you're looking for but I remember flamethrowers to be really satisfying in those games. but I was pretty young

Wolfenstein ET had a wonky flamethrower which was either crap, or OP. Because the damage got buffed the more flames were on the vicinity, so if you shot an arc with the flamethrower, engulfing entire rooms, it killed everything inside instantly (including the guy with the flamethrower).

If you just shot straight towards enemies, it didnt hurt as much which was really weird.

The Army Men series.

Army Men 1, Army Men 2, Army Men Toys in Space, Army Men World War.

Literally melting your opponents with fire.

Fallout 3/NV

I would totally play a game like this.

Also

Are there any weapons that let you make incredibly unrealistic but incredibly awesome ammo types like this?

IIRC, Postal 2 had a weapon like this

Fallout have one

when it was being used, it was common for enemies to ambush in trees and behind bushes. it will also psychologically cripple the enemy, breaking their morale. man fraid of fire

Project Brutality has the most satisfying flamethrower I have ever used in a video game.
It's one of those few weapons where you can open a door, see two dozen demons charging at you, and still feel like you've got the upper hand.

Fuck off, motherfucker.

So crispy though. Mmmmm.

come on man step it up

also clearing biomass in alien swarm was pretty satisfying

Red orchestra Gook BBQ edition

borderlands

The fire drakes from Battle for Middle Earth 2 are pretty damn deadly.

i realize that tripwire is full of sjw jews but killing floor 2's fire effects are pretty fuckin satisfying

Ever wanted to burn someone alive in a car even in a high speed race? Full Auto 2 lets you.

Thread theme.