Original DS bread

Just got an R4 for comfy purposes and I'm looking to play some comfy shit.

Already have the Rune Factory/Etrian Odyssey/Ace Attorney games and Strange Journey. What are some recommendations for good DS games?

DS game general I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Might as post the current version of this, as well as say I'm open to suggestions for stuff to add (provided people can write a brief description for them). Been a while since I saw a DS thread.

As far as recommendations, it really depends on what you like. Though if you enjoy Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick is also really fucking good (and by the same guy as AA1-3).

Pardon me for having to ask, but which DS flashcarts are worth a shit?

thanks m8

this is the ideal card if you're on a CFW 3DS; no bullshit, just plays DS games and has cheat support etc.
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

If you're on a regular DS it might be worth splurging for one with more features (i.e. emulation)

keep it simple and get a r4 or a reputable clone, unless you want more shit than games and homebrew

Hotel Dusk, Last Window, and Trace Memory/Another Code are comfy as fuck.

The DS fat dpad and face buttons are amazing. The buttons and dpad on at least the Lite are mushy garbage. Plus the fat is a god damn brick.

Trace Memory had a lot of well designed (though not difficult by any means) puzzles which incorporated both features - and bugs/faults - of the DS hardware. I remember there being one puzzle which required you to close the clamshell part-way so that the bottom screen would reflect off the top screen, and the image overlap when combined revealed a clue.

That was actually pretty clever.

DON'T

I played Trace Memory on an original 3DS and never really got that puzzle to work properly. Still a pretty cool idea though. There's definitely a decent amount of games out there that made great use of the DS and Wii's features/gimmicks, TWEWY being one of the best and most obvious examples.

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON EXPLORERS OF SKY NIGGAAAA

Have fun with your mushy buttons and cracking hinge, faggot.

Fact: The DS Lite is the only console by Nintendo not made with Nintendium.

Every ds and 3ds model after the phat have hinges that break easily.

DS Phat had some of the nicest buttons I've ever used and was pretty durable. Mine survived a few drops (not my fault) with nothing more than a few scrapes.

I don't know how Nintendo managed to get the buttons so wrong on the lite and subsequent DS iterations. The 3DS buttons are better, but still nowhere near as good as the original DS

The hinge was the weak point on all DS models. It really should have been engineered better. Still, the phats were the least likely to break. Everybody I knew that had a lite, broke their lite.

My lite never broke, it's just the fucking L buttons would go out after a while.

My Lite broke after 3 or 4 months because of the infamous F1 fuse, before I could get the spare part it started working like shit and the screens started turning blue

What a piece of trash

I actually haven't heard about this.
Care to fill me in?

My red ds phats top screen gets all fucked, like blank screen and pixelated libes after taking it with me on a trip. I'm fucked aren't I

I've had my lite for years now and the only problem I've run into is the reader for the DS cards is now on the fritz. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Christ how do you people handle your DS Lites?
I've only had a DS Lite all these years and have even yet to scratch it

Monster Hunter 4U, user.

you're a monster hunter

My Lite fell on the street landing on one of the corners near the hinge, and only has a small scratch in the corner where it hit. No cracks anywhere on the system. How the hell did you guys use your DS that your hinges cracked whereas mine hit the street and only got a minor scratch?

If anyone cares why my Lite fell on the street in the first place, I had it in one of those plastic cases that can hold the system + a few games. I was carrying it inside from a trip on top of some other crap. The case somehow slid off and fell to the street, cracked open, and sent the DS flying outward a couple feet. Not sure how the fuck it only got a minor scratch, but I'm not complaining.

Never had a phat. I got the Lite when it came out because I liked the look better, it was cheaper, and had a brighter screen. Supposedly the buttons are similar to the GBA SP, which I love. I got used to the Lite's buttons, but whenever I play it again for the first time after a long period of not using it I realize how bad the buttons are.

I've never heard of this either. My Lite is 9 years old and still works fine.

I would if I fucking could m8
>tfw no giant zinogre pussy

I've had three DS' over the years: a silver phat and two colbalt-and-black Lites. I can't remember much of the original model one I had beyond it being really damn bulky (it was quite a while back now), but the first Lite I got preowned, and within a few years of that the shoulder buttons started to give out and the hinge broke. The second DS Lite is the one I still use (the extra battery life is a nice perk and I like how it still has GBA compatibility). I got it new maybe four or five years back in a clearance sale, and it's still working just fine.

Lites are more prone to breaking, particularly with the hinge and shoulder buttons being weak, but I think if you handle it with care it should last a good while. And with the shoulder buttons, keeping it in a travel case if you're taking it somewhere (I have a black-and-cobalt mesh one that matches the system; fits the system nice and snug, with no risk of it falling out) is better for it than using your pants pockets, since the latter is more likely to depress and wear down the buttons without you even using it.

Still a shame they stopped putting quite as much effort into making a sturdier system, though I will give Nintendo credit for acknowledging it to be an issue and doing free repairs on Lites for years.