Recommendation Thread

Alright Holla Forums, I've finally decided to do something good and sell my Bloodborne machine and all the shit with it. Since modern shit is shit, what's worth getting to replace it?

Never owned a SNES or NES, worth getting? Any mods for the systems needed nowadays (RGB, etc?)

Should I just get a 32X instead?

Recommendation General I suppose. Recommend shit to anons to play.

Other urls found in this thread:

retrogaming.hazard-city.de/framemeister.html
mega.nz/#F!dBcHTLJA!4E1fHpN1gZ9drbi5JEfUCw
mega.nz/#!FgUnSCob!lcHNtN1ar4CkW8rb4elJx3w23vNbiRl88jlBy8iBBiI
mega.nz/#!k413VJoR!reoZ39V7TC1cq-rNkZBM1n30Z5ZSxEbF5E-U2k6eqAI
github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/blob/develop/misc/uigr/uIGR_Manual.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on whats your budget and if you're open to emulation. If want a retro-emulation box I'd recommend a Wii. You can get a broken one (a broken discdrive mind you, you won't need it working), mod it and have access to anything Nintendo except for certain N64 titles and Nintendo DS barring Wii U. You'll also have access to anything SEGA barring the Dreamcast and Saturn. This shouldn't set you back more than $50 total (SD card + USB + controller + Wii). The modding process shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes or so.

Another relatively cheap console is the OG xbox. Its easy to mod (replacing the hard-drive is a bit of a hassle) and you'll have access to the best multiplats + 20 or so good exclusives. If you want an all in one machine, you can get a fat PS3 (either of the 1st two models for best compatibility) and fill it with PS1+PS2+PS3 games. Modding is harder since you'll likely require a flasher unless you get lucky and get a 3.55 or under. This one will set you over $150 easy.

Already have a modded Wii and OG Xbox. I'm alright with emulation, but want to be a faggot that has the systems themselves.

Might consider a fat PS3 though. My slim PS2's laser is going, and it's either the PS3 with CFW, or a large PS2 with a HDD.

In that case you want to get stuff that isn't emulatable (or at least worth it). In that case I'd recommend either a Dreamcast or a modded SEGA Saturn. The modded Saturn you can get over at assemblergames, it shouldn't cost you more than $150. I find this to be rather expensive for my taste, but the console is relatively niche and its price has been creeping up as of late for some reason. The dreamcast doesn't require any modding, just burn the games and go. It shouldn't set you back more than $60 or so (dreamcast + controller + cd-rs). Chart just in case you're interested. You could mod your own Saturn, but you need actual soldering skills, chips don't cost more than $20 or so. Also available at assembler games

Already got a Dreamcast with SD loader built into the side, alongside Saturn running Psuedo Saturn.

Pretty much got the whole deal with SEGA outside a 32X/Mark iii and previous/Mega CD.

Damn nigga, you're set then. What the fuck are doing with a PS4 then? Just go for the fat PS3 and have everything playstation on one console. I mean, I see no reason to get anything retro like SNES, NES or Megadrive if you can emulate easily with your Wii, but I guess if you like collecting then its probably a good purchase. You could get a N64 with an everdrive to play those pesky un-emulatable games, though I think its frankly not worth paying +$100 to play 20 or so games.

As in GDEmu or the shittier alternative? If its the former you're one lucky fuck

SNES is good if you can find the games cheap. Usually the Genesis got better ports, but SNES has some great exclusives.

PC Engine/Turbografx 16 is a great and underrated system, has a good library of shmups and arcade games

PSX is fun to collect because there's so many games for it.

Atari 7800 is also good (backwards compatible with 2600), you can find boxes of atari games if you look in the right places, and they're always cheap (as long as you're not buying online)

Got a region modded Mega Drive so can play all shit on it, because fuck some of the PAL prices.

I don't know user anymore. Was fucking retarded to get it in hindsight. I don't know how well compat is on the Nintendo flashcarts (MMC5 chip compat with Everdrive, MMX games for SD2SNES, etc.)

Was tempted to get a chipped PS1 to play Ace Combat 1/2/3 imports. Mainly 3 because translation never ever. Isn't the PC Engine long gone to collector fuckery?

Super Everdrive is okay, but if you have the money get an SD2SNES, it has upgradable firmware and CX4 support so you can play X2/X3, as well as MSU1 so you can play SNES Games with CD-Quality audio soundtracks. It's cool stuff.

Why not just emulate on a PC?

Considering the SD2SNES since Everdrive is basically abandoned at this point. You can't play any fx games on it though, can you? Do kind of want to try Yoshi's Island, but suppose that's fucked.

No SFX, no SA-1. SFX isn't that bad though, you can get a copy of star fox for about $10, and Yoshi's island is about 30-40 last I saw. If you don't want to shell out that much for the American Version you can get Yossy's Island on Super Famicom and play that in your SNES, you won't miss a ton in the way of story and it's perfectly playable.

if you want to play Super Famicom games on your SNES you have to break off these tabs with some pliers. They don't really serve a purpose, they're basically just a shitty hardware region lock, you can see where they slot into an SNES cart here.

Fair enough. MSU1 sounds amazing for the system thus far. SD2SNES seems like it'd be worth it.

Any mods for the system that are needed, or at least improve it significantly? How's RGB on it? SuperCIC any use?

You can also look into MSX and Amiga hardware, if you want an exotic collectable. Amiga shit can be really pricey, and MSX is mostly just for the collectability since I'm not aware of many major games for it. But it something you can look for.

They're materialistic retards.

RGB on the big systems is okay, if you can find a 1chip you're really good, but there's no way to tell without trying it out or opening it up. People who know they have 1chips charge extra though. If you get a mini they can't do rgb out but you can get a little thing to solder on the video out inside and it has rgb comparable to the 1chips. That's what I use, I have it hooked up to my pvm and it looks great.

SNES comin' through. I personally loved Terranigma, of all the recommended games I'd emulate it if you haven't already.

I am a nostalgia fag myself, and the only (physical) SNES games I own are Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World. Nothing quite like playing them on an old CRT.

If you aren't going to emulate on PC, then Wii U.

If you want games running natively get an Everdrive GBC with a backlight modded Gameboy Colour. The Advance is backwards compatible but you really start to appreciate games like Battle City, KI: Of Myths and Monsters and Elevator Action when you have a GBC. A GBA + whatever flashcart would be better value, and a DS Lite + Flashcarts would be even better.
If you want to go retro old computers are quite good. The ZX Spectrum takes casettes, which means you can play the game's mp3 file into the computer and it'll load. The Spectrum wasn't popular in the US though, so you'll have to put up with the shitty NTSC library or get a PAL TV + Euro power supply. You could get a Commodore 64 as well but I haven't tried that yet so I can't help.
There's also the Amiga 500. Replace the floppy drive with a floppy drive emulator, load it up with ADF files and you can play every game without that annoying floppy drive sound.

Fair enough, thank you user.

Looked at Amiga before, but the price of some of the accelerators put me off for now. It'll probably be something I come back to at some stage.

Got a C64, but tape deck is fucked right now. No Turrican or Space Harrier for the time being.

If you're thinking of getting into S/NES games on actual hardware. It is definitely worth it to get an everdrive for whatever system. Especially in that era the market for those games is beyond fucked with even games that had healthy printings selling for 60$ for just the cartridge. Which limits you to only the most basic mainstream stuff at an affordable price or whatever you could find at local stores that don't pay attention to online prices. It also allows you to play stuffs like fan translations and rom hacks. Playing through metroid 1 with fucking saves is a godsend.

Oh, and let's not forget this little baby:

retrogaming.hazard-city.de/framemeister.html

Micomsoft's XRGB Framemeister-mini is the ultimate signal hub for retro gaming. A Japanese import that will run you a couple hundred, it can process sources to fit any television with whatever input/output setup you'd like.

Yeah. Also, if you get an sd2snes you don't really need to fuck with cic stuff because itll patch roms based on your settings so they don't throw errors. Some have problems, but I don't think that's anything the supercic would fix and at the end of the day if you're using an ntsc TV you have us and jp games, there's barely any Europe exclusives. There's a patch for terranigma at 60hz and shit.

I don't, I have a 50HZ TV. Trying to rectify that though.

you're fucked then. If you're in Europe your best bet is for a Multiformat PVM if you want to go that route, if you want to go framemeister it's supposed to be pretty cool though.

Games are expensive as fuck, yeah. Super Metroid is running $60 now, I spent $50 on Super Mario RPG but it's an SA-1 Game. The only game I'm interested in that I can't play on the SD2SNES I don't already own is Kirby's Dream Land 3. It's $80 though.

also, if you're using a PAL SNES you can't use NTSC Carts, but if you use an NTSC SNES you can do US, JP, and EU carts.

I was looking into getting a flashcart for the SNES. I got the everdrive for my NES and love it. What is the best one to get for SNES and why?

SD2SNES is the best because super everdrive has ceased development and only has support for DSP1/2/3/4. Sd2snes has a big ass fpga and upgradable firmware so it's possible that the 2 missing chips of worth (SA-1, SuperFX) will be added later, and although I'm not holding my breath for it being any time soon it's a possibility. No other flash cart supports cx4 and no other flash cart supports msu1, only bsnes and the sd2snes support msu1 games.

Where do I buy one?

you can buy them direct from the maker at krikzz.com, you can also buy them from Retrogate. If you want to get one fast, you can get one from StoneAgeGamer but they charge more, they charge for shit like screws on the cart. If you buy one from Krikzz Direct it's $205 total with shipping to america, but it'll take like 2 or 3 weeks. If you get it from StoneAgeGamer you'll pay maybe 10 or 15 more, but it'll ship from Ohio I think.

Also you can get a chink one from AliExpress but it'll be an old revision and won't support new firmware versions. It might be about 40 or 50 dollars cheaper though.

Krikzz shell will be multiformat, it looks like an EU/JP shell but it has the indents so it'll fit in an NA SNES without modification.

I like stoneagegamer my only problem with them is they ship with UPS and when UPS delivers to Canada from the stated they charge an absurd import fee, like 75% the price of the thing. I bought my everdrive-n8 from krikzz however sd2snes is out of stock on his shop. I really don't want to pay 300$ for a SNES flashcart.

try retrogate, they buy direct from krikzz and resell, I don't know how much it will be to canada.

I got mine direct from krikzz, shipping was $5 flat to USA. You might want to just wait a little.

The SNES (along with the Gamecube and complete DS games, the ones that didn't see reprints anyhow) are indeed a lot these days. Emulation or a flash cart is likely the better option for playing SNES games these days, and has the benefit of being able to play through games that never came to your region, including the smattering that have been fan translated.

An assload of SNES JRPGs are translated, it's pretty great. Final Fantasy V, Bahamut Lagoon, Live A Live, Chaos Seed, Der Langrisser, Seiken Densetsu 3, and plenty of other stuff.

SD2SNES also supports BS Satellaview so you can play the obscure remakes of the original Zelda in A Link to the Past and the redesign, as well as the BS Ancient Stone Tablets expansion to a Link to the Past, they've been translated as well.

Hmm retrogate has it on their banner but clicking on it brings up a 404. Searching it also brings up nothing but shells and the everdrive. I wonder if a new revision or something is coming. Though no news on the sd2snes website.

Really fucking DS games are expensive now how is that possible. The DS had shit printed like crazy simply because of how nuts the machine sold.

Most of the revisions now are minor, the most current one is Rev G which has a minor change to the MSU1 sound. The guy who made it said that he isn't planning any big revisions anytime soon. Also, I'm uploading my SD2SNES SD, minus the MSU1 Games because they take up a lot of space, it's got all the basic stuff, you can go through and pick out if you don't want stuff though, obviously.

DS Games are a pain though, I had to spend $25 on fucking pokemon black to transfer from my copy of platinum, but I got a good flash cart for $20.

If you want to get the MSU1 Games, go here:

mega.nz/#F!dBcHTLJA!4E1fHpN1gZ9drbi5JEfUCw

I wouldn't recommend getting the full rom packs because it's everything supported, so there's a lot of trash shit roms in there like brazilian bootlegs and translations into chinese.

If it's wanted I'll put up the Chrono Trigger MSU1 though, it was a pain in the ass to get the soundtrack.

My pack is here:
mega.nz/#!FgUnSCob!lcHNtN1ar4CkW8rb4elJx3w23vNbiRl88jlBy8iBBiI

I said complete copies; cart only ones are pretty cheap. The issue for the DS is that, in an effort to save on shelf space, fucking Gamestop trashed the bulk of the cases and manuals for copies of games they had after a certain point, making complete copies that much harder to find and thus causing prices to go up (considering how prevalent Gamestop is; out here they've driven most other places that stock used games out of business in my town). While for some games that hasn't really effected them much (the ones with low demand, or really large print sizes), for the ones that were already a bit hard to find in general, they can go for a lot now complete. Perhaps not "Earthbound $130" tier, but some go for more than they ever were at release.

Some games have gotten reprints since then making prices less of an issue: Stuff like Etrian Odyssey, Radiant Historia, Phoenix Wright, and recently, Front Mission, Infinite Space, and both DS Trauma Centers.

$25 for a Gen V Pokemon game's not too bad, though I've seen them as low as $15 or so complete before. Platinum and HGSS though are the pricy ones, with Platinum averaging $40 complete around here, and HGSS go for a good $55+ used where I live, but I suppose that's a mix of being Pokemon and Gen II nostalgia with Gen IV graphics/audio/mechanics rather than it having sold poorly or anything like that. Ridiculous that they've gotten that high.

Oh I didn't know about that gamespot thing. I assumed complete and loose was like it was for PS2 where pretty much everything is complete, because who the fuck would just keep loose DS carts they're fucking tiny and come with a really nice hard case.

I'd honestly reccommend just buying flash carts when possible, emulation is sketchy a lot of times and even on wii injection of ROMS isn't 100% across the board

also consider how much a flashcart costs versus the entire library and it becomes cost effective, even more so when you realize shit like Conker's BFD unboxed sells for 70-80 USD in "ok" condition

Wait, is it seriously that stupidly easy to play Super Famicom games on the SNES?

Yep. I can confirm from having done it myself.

Only europeans have any sort of hardware lock out, in NA all we got was a physical lock out that is easy as fuck to break.

People in general seem to have a habit of just tossing the cases and manuals for handheld games. I mean, in the past, where the boxes were all cardstock and prone to becoming squashed due to their flimsiness, it makes a fair mount of since that a lot of people just wouldn't keep them together. But people also trash the cases and manuals for the DS, PSP, Vita, and 3DS games too, and with the DS and 3DS, there's at least those multicart cases, while with the Vita various carrying cases have slots to store game carts (the excuse I've seen with the PSP is that the prongs in the cases had a habit of breaking the UMD casing itself when trying to get the games out, or something). If you can find a used game store that isn't Gamestop, even they tend to have a LOT of cart only DS games around. Big issue is that Gamestop just exacerbated the issue (being such a big chain, they can have a large impact), and at times I've gone in looking for complete DS games after they've done that, they act like the case and manual shouldn't matter at all since it's the game you want, and then act as if you should feel lucky they still stock for it at all.

A few Gamestops have been making a bit more of an effort to NOT trash the cases and manuals for the DS games they get in these days (particularly if it's not shovelware), but even then, if they suddenly need more shelf/display case space, into the trash they go. Did at least manage to get KitN for $7 complete last December at a local one; certainly better than the $35+ people online wanted.

yep, pretty easy. I got Axelay for SFC and it works great, half the price of the US version.

I've actually had this happen with ONE of my PSP games though I only owned like 6 physical PSP games so it may have actually been an issue.

Recommend me a turn based RPG. I've played all the pokemon, megaten, star ocean, and dot hack games.

Yeah it probably would have been the same for Europe as well if they didn't have PAL and 50Hz TVs. I feel sorry for Europe they still get shit release dates with a lot of japanese games and before they couldn't even get 60FPS games.

Wild Arms series of any interest? Shadow Hearts series is also worthwhile (series starts with Koudelka on the PS1).

Any Dragon Quest game. I recommend starting by playing IV-VI. But VIII is great too.

I still can't believe it took fourteen fucking years for PAL fans to actually get Chrono Trigger out there. And then there's the fact that apparently the VC and PSN haven't been utilized to give people in NA games PAL areas only got and vice versa: NA has still never officially seen a release of Terranigma, while PAL still doesn't have stuff like Wild Arms 2 or Xenogears.

I actually just finished DQ1 today what a simple fucking game. However it was only 5 hours long and completely beatable with no guides. It was pretty fucking cool and I'm looking forward to starting 2. I've heard playing through the DQ games in order is essentially experiencing JRPGs evolve through the ages.

I still need to give DQ II a go sometime, but I hear it's got some issues (though it seems like various older series liked to try something new, for better or worse, with their second games, like Castlevania II and Zelda II).

Which versions are you playing anyhow? NES original, GBC, fan translated SFC remakes?

I guess he's playing the SFC remakes or the GBC remake. Those ones apparently have way less grinding than in the NES original

I'm playing the fan translated SFC versions on my phone. The touch-screen controls are so fucking horrid even for something as simple as a JRPG. I have no idea how people play anything that requires even an ounce of precision with them.

Zelda II doesn't really have any issues if you take it for what it is. If you're expecting another Zelda game though I can understand people not liking it. Castlevania 2 had some interesting ideas and was actually what the series ended up becoming. The game was just executed really poorly.

Yeah I was told to avoid the NES versions for my first run throughs. I may go back to them eventually probably at least 1 since I have an actual cartridge for it though.

And yet Square-Enix keeps acting like actual mobile ports are what people out here want. Hell, they're localizing the remake of Romancing SaGa II for phones and completely ignoring the Vita version. Same thing for that remake of Seiken Densetsu.

I personally recommend Live A Live. Probably my favorite SNES JRPG because it's such a different design. Really fun. Fighting competition is the best.

I actually bought the mobile version of DQ1 figured since I'm on phone anyways this version is built for it it may control better or have other improvements. However I couldn't get past the fucking art it looks fucking horrendous. Like even if you somehow like the new graphics better aesthetically they're pixelated to fuck.

Yeah, from what I've seen in pictures people posted it looked like they'd improperly mixed the spriting styles or bit sizes, or something; either way it looked bad. Not sure why Square's so big on doing that (I think they've also done it with Final Fantasy mobile ports as well) when the original sprites would likely suffice just fine.

There's definitely been a big focus on fan translations for the SFC. Nightcrawler's apparently getting close to releasing his translations of Glory of Heracles IV and Song of the Angel: Prayer of the White Wing.

Too bad Aeon Genesis has so many incomplete ones locked down and seeing no progress. Also seen some speculation that they lost the work on SMT if and it wouldn't shock me if the mobile version of RSII being localized winds up with them cancelling their translation of the SFC version.

The FF mobile ports don't have the pixelation problem. They just look like complete shit it looks like how tumblr would draw SNES sprites. They also use Amano's art as portrait art for conversations. However they put this horrible filter over it that just makes them look like trash, it's kind of fucking offensive.

I thought SMT's fan translations were completed a long time ago. I remember starting but never finishing a translated version of SMT1.

A number of them have been. SMT and SMT II, as well as Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei are all done as far as the SFC entries go. SMT if… though has been taking a good while, and Aeon Genesis isn't exactly frequent on progress reports for their stuff (though I suppose a lot of fan translation groups are like that; kudos to Absolute Zero though for trying to keep Tales fans up to date on how things have been going with their projects).

Why are so many fan-translators so fucking flakey and autistic. Like I'm grateful they do the shit they do for free. Just don't understand what is so hard about typing up a quick update even if it is just hey I got a job so this shit is on hold for a while/indefinitely.

what's the fucking point?

if you want to play retro consoles on at hi-res then just fucking emulate

The only emulation that is iffy is the N64 which is iffy on everything, even a NASA computer. I did say he could get an N64 and an everdrive, but I personally don't think its worth it, the titles that aren't emulatable amount to 20 or so, certainly not worth shelling out over $100.

Some of them will at least admit to being lazy, as is the case with the guy doing the fan translation of Sol Trigger, and some others that don't have their own sites at least keep people up to date on various forums (Nora to Toki's and SCS3's fan translators use threads on GBAtemp for that). But there's others that barely update at all for whatever reason. I'd wager sometimes it's lack of energy, sometimes it's not having anything to report (in which case even saying that is still better than nothing; Absolute Zero's Thorouhim knows that and will occasionally make an update saying that life was busy for X month and as such not much got done), but I suppose for some it's more of a "why do I need to keep people updated on how things are going? They're not the ones doing the work." Some fan translators are a bit egotistical; occasionally you'll hear of stuff being cancelled due to drama, either between the translators and fans or the translators themselves. And given that fan translation essentially creates a certain amount of power and control to those doing the work, we're lucky that so far only a few have abused that to shit stuff up (namely the guy that fan translated Brigandine: Grand Edition cutting/censoring content that went against his beliefs, or something).

Also a few cases here and here where it's either been complete silence for years and suddenly a complete patch is out (Echo Night 2: The Lord of Nightmares being a good example), or a game not even being announced as in progress until it's all done and ready to be played (such as the release of Demon Child Zenki: Battle Raiden last year).

Also worth noting that some amount of autism about a project isn't always bad; having a good devotion and desire to see more people able to play a given game (or provide better than the prior localizations have) works well as a driving force. It's when it gets in the way of a translation coming out, and/or causes massive delays that it becomes and huge issue (while it may be a quality patch, Cless still took TWELVE FUCKING YEARS to release his Phantaisa PS1 patch; meanwhile Absolute Zero's is pretty decent, and they worked on for about four months and released it five years before Cless did his).

Yeah I feel that the ideal way to localize games would be to give it to autistic fans and actually pay them so they'll definitely finish it. Xseed has actually licensed some fan-translations when they release older games that have been out in Japan for a while.

Didn't they also really piss off some autist over not using his fan translation (or perhaps buying it from him) for one of the Ys games a while back?

But yeah, having the translator actually have a vested interest in the series beyond it being what they're being paid to work on likely helps quality a good bit, and not just in ability to know and use established terminology in the case of sequels. With the Shadow Hearts games, the translator for them (Jeremy Blaustein; the same guy that translated MGS, Valkyrie Profile, Silent Hill 2, and other games) wound up really taking a personal liking to the games just from reading through the scripts alone. There's a few issues here and there in the translations, but they're generally quite minor, and the west got the games in all their fucking weird glory (playing through them recently, there's a lot of things I've seen that probably would get cut from the games if they were being localized now due to not being suitable for the current localization climate). And even when XSEED picked up the last game in the series (Midway apparently having not wanted to bring it west; probably due to rather low sales of SH1 and Covenant), apparently they got Blaustein back on board once again (at least according to his wikipedia page) to translate, likely since he knew the series well already and XSEED was still a bit new at things (FtNW being their second game they localized, with Wild Arms 4 being their very first).

It'd be much appreciated user.

Don't sell your PS4 man.

I love that fucking system. Don't be a brainwashed Holla Forumsirgin, it's got some great titles.

Most good PS4 games you can play on Vita or PS3. He can just get a PSTV for $20 and play shit that way with a PS3 controller.

Used Vita's are $100 too, so it's definitely worth picking one up if you like handhelds. I have a PS4 but only because I'm a reviewer and I have every system.

it's not worth buying consoles that can easily be emulated with 99.9-100% accuracy like the NES and SNES.

you should get an Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, and any other unemulateable console instead.

Problem isn't just the console, it's the generation itself. It wasn't worth ever trying it.

Has that got CFW yet or is it still locked down?

It has CFW but it only gives you access to PSP stuff.

So still stuck with TN-V stuff? Fuck. Can it even play PS1 games properly yet?

I'll take it off your hands, OP.

What games is the PS4 getting maybe I should start wiping the dust off mine.

No idea I haven't bothered with that shit I still got my PSP Go so no real need for it.

PSP is probably better still until it gets full CFW (assuming that ever happens). Memory card adapter alone makes it more worthwhile.

If the vita ever got full CFW it'd be the best portable ever made.

sorry I'm late, here it is - Chrono Trigger with MSU1 soundtrack.

mega.nz/#!k413VJoR!reoZ39V7TC1cq-rNkZBM1n30Z5ZSxEbF5E-U2k6eqAI

Decided to pick up a SNES with SuperCIC, RGB cable for it, SD2SNES and a model 1 Mega CD in the end.

Any anons around that have a PS2 HDD? How is it? Good compatibility? Can you play PS1 downloads yet?

Extremely appreciated user.

I have a PS2 HDD modded, the compatibility has been pretty solid for me but I had some weird issues with Sly 1.

Still no PS1 downloads. I was going to chip my PSX but I just haven't found the time.

Be careful with the SuperCIC, it might fight with the SD2SNES a bit, read up on the settings for both it and the SD2SNES first, you can work on the automatic rom patching for 50/60Hz.

Here's the manual for the sd2snes, but if you don't trust my attachment you can find it on the github too. I just printed it out.

didn't get attached right.

here's the link:
github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/blob/develop/misc/uigr/uIGR_Manual.pdf

Fuck. Thought that someone would have figured out how to play PS1 games on it. I assume POPS isn't a viable alt?

Only considering SuperCIC for if I do pick up games for the system, rather have free range of all regions than be stuck with one. I don't need to pick it up, but just considered it for that.

Pops is kind of wonky and it's emulation instead of native. You have to do some swap trick to use that.

I get that, but I have a us snes so I don't really have a need for it.

If it's too much hassle, I'll skip on CIC. Rather have the cart work properly than do fuckery to have them in tandem.

It'll work right, you can so the hotkeys in the manual to set it to be passive instead of being aggressive like it normally is. I'm just warning you because the flash cart and the thing might not get along great with your out of region hz games. Supercic is good for out of region carts but for playing on the sd2snes it's of less value.

I don't have much interest in owning the original hardware of older systems that can be emulated perfectly fine. Once you hit the N64 however, shit starts to get pretty bad. PS1 seems to be the only exception to this generation, but everything gen5 and up you are best off with the real hardware. Fortunately, the newer systems have very economical and convenient backup loading.

OP, I don't see much value in selling your PS4. The system is getting games this year, and even then, the system has the potential to be an excellent homebrew device.

are you using OPL with your PS2? Or are you using a slim PS2?

I'm using OPL, but I have FMCB on one of my Memory Cards.

what kind of PS2 are you using?

Just an old fashioned fat PS2. I got a network adapter for about $7 on amazon and then used HDD-OSD and shit. I still need to get an IDE Enclosure or something.

If you're using an IDE drive, it should just connect, slide into the PS2. That is, once you've written the necessary PS2 image to it so the system detects it. I don't think you'd need any enclosure, considering I have a 3.5" drive in my PS2.

But you've made it this far. I personally don't use FreeMc Boot. I have a Toxic OS 48-bit loaded drive, so it boots the standard PS2 interface. I head into the browser, access the HDD, and from there select OPL. I've a friend who I set up with a modded PS2 doing the same method, and they are playing Sly Cooper and are having no issues. OPL compatibility list only reports issues with USB loading. I doubt FMCB would cause any issues, just considering what I know about how the PS2 handles loading software. Essentially, there's no trace of software maintained from application to application, unlike say, the Xbox, which can cache previously accessed data in the X, Y and Z partitions for faster loading.

So, I don't know why you'd be having issues. Try and make sure you're on the latest, or a compatible version of the software.

I have the Toxic OS 48-bit too. I had to use an old pentium 3 computer though, because it was the only pc I had with an IDE interface. It's all working fine, just had issues with Sly 1. I have it burnt on a disc and it seems okay.

Oh, I use a Sabrent IDE to USB adapter. They're pretty good.

No Breath of Fire 1? What the fuck.

I initially had it on there alongside BoF II during the work-in-progress phase for the image and got a fair amount of complaints that it didn't belong in comparison to its (fan retranslated) sequel.

Been meaning to update that sometime anyhow, but considering how SNES/SFC threads are pretty infrequent (and I prefer to post updates for system images in their respective threads when I see them), I haven't gotten to it yet.

Perfectly fine =/= perfect.
Even NES emulators still have errors.

Don't see anything of value a console from this gen can emulate that a ps3/360 can't other than the HUEG and that's assuming it's emulation goes forward, the cool thing about these consoles is that while during their lifetime they were still worse/pricier than a PC now that console plebs jumped ship you can spend a weekend without buying pizza and buy one in good state and in much less time than running around shopping for usable second hand PC parts.

don't think anyone has the autism to make a circuit accurate emulator dawg, and just use puNES.