Are you supposed to set the DPI/Polling rate high in the firmware and then set the sensitivity in-game to very low?

Are you supposed to set the DPI/Polling rate high in the firmware and then set the sensitivity in-game to very low?

That's what I've been doing. It feels good but I wondered just now if I might be retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use 500 DPI and 125 polling.

Fite me.

I usually leave in-game sensitivity in its default position or slightly lower it.

I just maxed it, fuck dpi

Setting polling rate to 500hz or 1000hz is fine, but I wouldn't go any lower. 500hz adds a single millisecond of input lag, but tends to be more stable.

As for DPI, either set it to something low or what ever the native DPI is. Looking up the native DPI might give you slightly better theoretical performance, but low DPI generally improves the signal-to-noise ratio since it's more or less guarenteed that the sensor isn't being interpolated to a retarded degree. Setting the DPI higher *does not* increase the amount of information that the sensor picks up.

This
Windows mouse sensitivity at its middle value.
Mouse at the sensor's native DPI
Adjust effective sensitivity with in game settings.

the DPI won't matter when the shortened wiring disconnects from the mouse and you wind up with a $75 paper weight

Windows speed at the fourth hash, 3500 DPI, adjust sensitivity in-game.

This is false, and there is no such thing

All a DPI setting does is the difference of you moving your mouse 1CM and your mouse cursor on screen moving 100 pixels and 1000 pixels

There is no such thing as "Native DPI"

Just set whatever allows you to aim most accurately

polling rate highest possible, set the CPI to whatever is native on your sensor.

don't talk about what you don't know

no, leave windows sensivity at the 6th vertical line. it's the 1:1 one

>he doesn't know ps/2 still has a (maximum) polling rate equal to your CPU's clockspeed how does it feel to be technically wrong?

going to Holla Forums and not plugging shit into ps/2 ports is like going to a guitar forum and using shoelaces for chords though

400-450 dpi for old school 4:3 resolution games
800-900 dpi for newer 16:9/16:10 resolution games

Then yea you want to tweak you in-game sensitivity to whatever your liking is last. Lower sensitivity with an extra large mousepad is ideal but not for everyone. (I have a really small computer desk so I can't use a large one)

I got a classic G400 at Christmas.
Loving it.

I have never adjusted any settings for my mouse, ever. If I need to move the cursor more, I just move my hand more. I use a mouse I got for free - no idea what kind it is.

you're shite fam. guttershite.

1. Windows 6/11 sensitivity
2. 400 or 800 DPI

3. Adjust game sensitivity accordingly

I use 800 DPI for browsing and general PC usage and switch to 400 when gaming.

you can tolerate 800 for regular browsing? damn that is way too sluggish for me, i have to have 1800.

I use 400 DPI all the time.

I use a low DPI because it helps you aim in a much better way: with both character movement and aiming. At least, it works better for me in twitch shooters.

Aiming sensitivity is always low as well. As an example, in Source games I usually have it set from 2.4 to 3.

I use a logitech g400s.

Here is the ultimate ( in the true sense of the word ) non-shit-mouse guide: geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

I won't buy another logitech mouse again. they have shit firmware; you have to have the extremely bloaty program up all the time or your settings don't work and the mouse reverts back to default. When this thing breaks, I'll be getting a Zowie, or whatever other meme mice are around at the time. Maybe I'd look into FinalMouse.

My first gayman mouse had a philips twin laser sensor. I still love the way that sensor works at a low DPI, even though it's laser.

unfortunate reminder that the only good wireless mice are the shitty ricer garbage

i've seen stuff showing that Zowies do poorly on "click lag" tests so I'll stick with Logitech. i do like how Zowie lets you change the DPI with a physical button though, that's how all mice should be.

I have a Zowie, and haven't noticed anything like that. If it's there, it's pretty negligible. And yeah, the button is a great feature.