Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2Sle9
mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/736181784048635904
mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/736054372568731648
mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/736035021530619906
amazon.co.jp/dp/B018TEPMQU/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487164
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't expect RE7 to live up to the classics, but I hope they learned their lesson after 5 and 6 at the very least. I'm expecting other franchises such as Mon Hun to keep Capcom from crashing and burning though.

I think they will look to monhun and make outbreak 3: peace walker edition. Online bite sized mission based traditonal horror taking some inspiration from their most successful ip right now.

After 5 they said they've learned their lesson and want to go BACK TO DA ROOTS.

And the RE6 happened.

Maybe make it a better REvelations 2? Or just give me REmake 2 first. I just don't want another 4/5/6 where it plays like a big budget action shooter with cool monster designs, andI want more of a slower paced survival horror game with creepy monster designs with great puzzles.

Nigga what?

They got insane shit for saying "our old fans are too old for games, we want the minecraft and call of duty generation" and Holla Forums went nuclear.

I don't think anyone would have an issue with REmake 2 being the next big release but i think REmake 2 and RE 7 are different teams both making them at the same time.

I did say I hoped they did. Not that they did Only time will tell.

I mean, Mon Hun sells fucking gangbusters in moonrune land so I have the distinct feeling it'll be a crutch for a while. But if they do crash, I do hope we get a fucking Megaman Battle Network Collection first.

new Non-Handheld MH when

Playing MH4U on the 3DS makes me want to tear off my fingers

Capcom is a weird company.
Capcom is this strange company that will give you very fun games, but also terrible ones and kill entire IPs.

Take MH, MH is fun, and all the new MH games are fun.

If you're a Basara fan, all the new Basara games are fun (if you take the time to import because lol silly gaijin you don't deserve this).

But then you're a DMC fan and you get DmC.

You're a RE fan, and you get fucking Umbrella Corps: unity sliding crouching animations edition.

So basically with Capcom anything is possible, you might get something good, or something bad, or something decent that has a lot of problems.

And also, RE is a touchy subjact, WHAT DO RESIDENT EVIL FANS ACTUALLY WANT?
Do they even know it themselves?
Because i must remind you, while RE0 and especially REmake sold well in these re-releases, RE6 is the best selling Resident Evil ever.

Let me repeat that: RE6 is the best selling RE -ever-.

So if you're capcom, and you see your fanbase clamoring to a return to it's horror roots, but then RE6 sells like hotcakes but REmake also sells decent numbers, what the fuck is your course of action?

Who do you please?

What direction can you move in?

What compromises can you make with the series without alienating either side?

This is not an easy situation.

Bruh.

Do you think they learned their lesson?

I can't believe they haven't done that yet, they already did a 3DS phoenix wright collection

Actually there is a unannounced monhun being revealed at E3. Its not Generations or Stories and they again confirmed no cross.

Assumption is first gen 5 monhun possibly for NX surprisingly.

Probably not, but they cant ignore RE0 selling like 70% of SFV's units for like 1/30th the production cost.

I just hope they announce Lost Planet 3. It's been so long now.

Isn't Generations supposed to be Cross?

Pretty much. Plus after Mega Man Legacy collection, Capcom did do a survey asking people if they wanted more collections like it. I sure fucking hope people in Japan voted for BN.

Post fuck up, no Cross G.

Gotcha Force 2 when

Why does capcom constantly try to piss off fans? Why dont they release these collections? They know people will buy it and it cant cost them too much to make. Why did they cancel legends 3? Why is capcom ao bad?

Because they listen to any snake oil salesman.

Inajewne told them western design was the future and we got RE5

I think the only thing they got was

I guess that makes sense, but what can you even do with RE7 after 6? The plot is too much of a mess.

They probably canceled Legends 3 because the 3DS wasn't doing so hot at the time, or because Inafune left or something, I dunno.

I'm holding out for an X Collection and BN Collection for 3DS both of which I admit I'd totally buy. I mean, Capcom at least seems to think releasing more might be a good idea. As for Legends 3, I think its what said.

is this going to be one of these games?

where announced means literally just started working on the game

2 things

1: Set it in the past, people are getting nostalgic for the 90's and going back to 1998 would have an appeal

2: plans after 3 originally was for a final fantasy style 'every game is a seperate story with recurring themes' so one could be teen college campus supernatural horror, another could be 50's zombie plague in louisiana or something. They didnt go with it but could do it again.

I think 7 has to be some form of reboot at this point.

user. I want you to sit down for a second.

RE7 could be announced this E3 and come out at christmas.

Because resident evil 6 was finished half a decade ago and released in 2012.

I agree that Crapcom is shit but
Wasn't this confirmed false?

Are you joking

Shoosh, let him dream.

Both is what they're doing right now. There's both RE7 and RE2make in the works, and they'll go from there depending on sales. Maybe they'll keep doing both, but RE2make would be almost brand new so it'll cost more money to make than porting and updating REmake and RE0.

What a terrible timeline that would be.

Mighty No. 9 showed what kind of person Inafune is. Hope this never happens.

They could keep making RE with the old school style that people are still willing to buy
They can then create a new franchise and use the style of action shooter they've managed to make work
This would avoid lore clusterfucks where the RE universe stops being cruhrazy and they lose any reigns on the new franchise and can do whatever they want story wise

Post yfw he starts a kickstarter to raise the funds to buy it
people would support him again

You and me
E3
Sadfugy Fe

When is the E3 happen?

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Ariboos

Remember that Sony bankrolled SFV

RE6 is also the best Resident Evil ever. Fuck the story fags. Gameplay is king and that it has.

The only people who defend 6 are people with the ultimate dogshit tier taste over underage who grew up with this level of zero quality control and do not know any better.

Now that's autism

Yeah it's not like all the other resident evil games with zombies allowed you to just shoot them before they got up. Why would you reward the player for being cautious, cutscenes and cinematic bullshit are more important.

Were more prevalent in other games. RE4 is especially bad at this. You people are actually complaining that you were unable to skip gameplay.

and just like that ya blew it, nobodys taste is shit enough to say that without it being bad b8. Take this one back to the b8 shop friend, you got ripped off.

Again QTE's and cutscenes were more prevalent in prior games. Resident Evil 4 being the worst offender. If you're going to complain about those as a main point you're going to have to drag down the entire franchise with it.

Its like you people can't even read.

wew

It can't be worse then 6 right? RIGHT?!

I never played 6, are they any noteworthy events that happen in it? I heard it was worse than 5, and since I didn't really enjoy 5 I didn't play it.

6 was the homonculus mongoloid of 4 ideas frankensteined together. Its mechanically garbage, it recycles assetts out the ass, the soundtrack and voice acting is the worst in the series and the bosses are the worst as well.

It has absolutely no redeeming factors even though apologists go "b-but the start of leons was cool right?" because it has zombies in it but it entirely feels like a dev proof of concept not meant to be connected to the retail release and by some accounts that exactly how it started out.

Its beyond dragon age 2 bad, beyond metal gear solid v unfinished shit stapled together and the fact that one of the campaigns is described as "gears of war-esque" should tell you how badly it turns into a shit action shooter.

Well I guess the goal for 7 is to not be that.

6 sold well, but it also had a huge production budget and marketing campaign as well. REmake and 0 HD had miniscule budgets and advertising and made more than SFV each in profit.

If fucking Resident Evil 0 is making more than a new Street Fighter thats very clearly showing what capcom wants to look out, from their point of view of course.

Smaller budget games should be the future for horror games, limitations lead to creativity, give them giant budgets and they get bloated and turn into movies. Give them small goals and a need to experiment to squeeze all they can out of limited resources and thats the origin of the genre all over again.

Isn't that just RE:Revelations?

kill yourself, qte-faggot

Its mechanically godlike with action rolls and gunplay and all the gameplay mechanics that incentivise quick movement and clean kills. Its the best Resident Evil has ever gotten.

Kind of, but Revalatons is a straight narrative. I'm talking about something like Metal Gear Solid peace walker where its missions you choose from a menu, theres a story, but you can go for example

lots of smaller bite sized chunks with smaller areas allowing for more variance.

When you are desperate for any signs of hope sometimes folks lower their standards.

It'll be a bigger budget Revelations 2. We're never getting another RE without co-op.

I can barely remember Leon's start, all I remember about the game was just doing stupid shit with my brother like crawling everywhere and punching everything, oh and how Ada's campaign in co-op had a random agent pop up that doesn't show up anywhere else, can't do any actions and shares Ada's animation set so you have this agent guy walking around the same way as Ada unable to interact with the environment, must have been her tulpa or some shit.

Shame that's not what Resident Evil is about

In what world do people like Resident Evil games for their stories? And in what world does RE6 have good gameplay?

Disregarding the fact Capcom completely fucked up their release and sold a half finished game, when has something with pokemon's name slapped on it not sold like fucking hotcakes? I don't get this comparison.

RE6 is the perfect example of what happens when you try to appeal to everybody. Everyone gets promised a slice of their favorite cake. Which they get but they usually hate the icing and have to also eat a bunch of other cake that they really don't want.

That sounds about right, I haven't had hope since like 2004.

Leon's start was very similar to RE2 where you're just running around and fighting a bunch of T-Virus zombies, except this time you can actually aim and shoot them in the head.

Every now and then I reinstall it and play Leon's campaign until I hit China and then it gets uninstalled.

They couldn't even do that right. There should have been a slow paced spooky single player campaign, and a rooty tooty point n shooty co-op campaign. Instead they were both co-op.

What capcom doesn't understand is that people that want to play Vanquish, are playing Vanquish right now.

And they don't have the talent and understanding of TPS mechanics to make something that even remotely comes close to Vanquish.

So the smartest thing to do is go back to RE4.
RE4 had balance between the slower titles, and the faster paced direction, all they really need to do to make the majority of the fans happy is remake RE4 with more convenient systems and a bunch of small mechanical improvements.

There's a reason why RE4 sells so much.
There's a reason why people will purchase RE4 again and again, why many people own the PS2 version, the Wii version, re-purchased it on PC and PS3 and will now purchase the PS4 version, because RE4 struck that precise balance between horror and action that manages to please different RE fans that seek from RE different things, it's a middle of the road compromise.

They have to go back to RE4.
They have to find that common ground point, that line that can please the majority of all the RE fanbases under a single title again.
It's the only way.

It is now little bitch.

The reason I love RE4 so much is the basic gameplay, the simple act of being able to shoot a running enemy in the leg to trip them or shoot them in the head to stagger them for a melee move that causes serious damage and moves enemies away from me allows for some good tactical decision making, precise aiming requirements and ammo optimization insanity. Every encounter ends up being "how can I solve this with the least amount of ammo possible", which is the same thing as in the classic games but beyond "7-8 pistol shots kill a dog, one shotgun blast to the head kills a zombie" and more "I need to shoot this guy in this way to do this move to deal this amount of damage to this group of enemies which will make finishing them all off easier, shield guy better pull out my shotgun or try and shoot his leg to go for a melee move".

The reason RE4's amazing for me is the tactical choices it gives the player just with the simple act of aiming a goddamn pistol at different body parts. That and it just feels good to headshot a ganado and do a suplex. Not to mention the enemy design, they all work around the gameplay, people complain that you can't move and shoot but all the enemies are built around that so it's satisfying as fuck. Those wolverine guys would be a complete joke if I could just circle strafe to their back.

It is not you big cunt
The constant pandering towards both directions has broken and confused the fanbase
That's why the thread was created in the first place, it is unknown what Capcom will do next with this series

i expect them to fuck it up again

monhun is the only thing under capcom that doesn't get fucked up, and i assume that's because the monhun team is too valuable to fuck with

Yeah that's why it sold like… 3 copies.

Hopefully the thing that sells millions instead of 100 000s

OR and this is crazy, to some people who DONT like 4 and consider it the best in the series they might be sick of third person over the shoulder shooting and want a return to fixed cameras and tank controls.
4 is fine enough, but grossly overrated. Its not bad but its not a direction i want to see repeated again. We have had almost as many titles that play like this as the original style and it just doesnt keep out of action territory enough.

The trouble is younger players who only experienced the later ones only see the tank controls and fixed camera as archaic without understand how it is effective. It allows you to hear something without seeing it and sound is a big part of horror and doesnt need to take you out of player agency for a forced enemy intro cutscene to do it. It directs the players eye so you have things like a licker crawl up a window outside without forcibly pulling the camera out of your control. You retain control but the camera is independant of that and as such your information is delivered accurately and deliberately. This allows the creator to actively plan how to ramp up tension without resorting to cheap fake out jumpscares like a paint can falling down in front of you. If theres a jump scare its a fucking rottweiler coming through the window in front of you.

The sad part is even devs dont understand this now because its not taught, like hand drawn animation cels its a dead art teachers dont know how to teach. Look at silent hill downcoming. Free movement but they add fixed cameras at times and when transitioning between two your character can spin around and walk back the way you came because the tank controls directed movement regardless of angle and they dont get that. They just thought "its old and shit" when RE4 itself has tank controls.

survival horror was a product of its limitations. cant render the detailed town of silent hill? pull in the draw distance and call it fog. Cant deal with complex ai on the ps1s hardware? set it entirely in pocked corridors with "see player move to attack" ai and call it zombies.

That needs to come back and more RE4 imitations arent going to provide it.

Fuck everyone in this thread, Resident Evil 6 was fun as fuck with a friend

It's really arcadey

That said I can understand why fans of the originals would be mad. At the same time, you can't say that RE5 and RE6 were objectively bad on their own.

Unity has nothing to do with the animations or the game being shit ya dumb fuck

This comes from a guy who thinks Unity is shit, too

I expect you weaboo scum to have better taste.

Capcom is God Tier.

How to make money 101 for capcom.

RE4 and Monster Hunter 4/5 for Vita, which is RISC aids, so after that to irapewhitey phone, linux with built in spyware/mallware aka android, and of course linux for phones without identity theiving.

Like I said all along. Let publishers starve to death. Sell from your website and offer a means to be paid.

Yiffstarter made this a buisiness. Burn those subhuman parasites by letting appreciative genuine people who love games to send money to future projects and as thanks for old ones to an address, real, email from a website where people can also avoid reviewers and all the industry parasites.

Move to a country without government and don't pay tax.

Dev for PC first, then use good mods and optimisations, bug fixes, controller enablers, visual stuff. Pile it all together for console releases. Mods offering some means of them being paid too so funds can be appropriately distributed to them when the masterpeice makes money, eternally. Make a games assets easilly exportable to better game engines as they become available. Assets able to be altered, so more detail can be added.

Approach John Carmack, because he makes the world better virtually for free, sadly sold out to Zenimax to survive, and like all publishers they try to steal everything. Poor John also got screwed by occulus when they yiffed to facebook.

As I see it every single game should be using some idtech engine.

Looks best.
OpenGL.
Tweakable to taste (spec is always behind software).
Well optimised.
Not gay.
Glorious low resolution options.

I haven't played Doom but lol at Bethedesa for not using idtech, meandering fps, lightooks good, txaa is awesome, but plays like shit, is shit, is shittier than shit.

Doom needs an ironsight mod, which I expect will be tricky, I suspect 2D, because that's how I would save 20 frames of performance on the best part of the screen, the gun. Turok knew this.

Computer updated.

Tits and posteriers. Tight clothing and nude mods. Why Mass Effect is money.

Don't do dialogue. Japs are no good at it. No talking. Hire that Bioware human if text is nescessary. If voice overs nake sure they are authentic English. No American accents I swear to frog.

French accents or Claudia Black for women. No exception.

Why do all women have French accents? Physics.

Copy Demon's Souls.
R2 Slash, speed and strengh, more of both depletes more stamina, depth of press and speed pressed controls both, differnt animations for different slashes
L1 tap roll hold run, double press to jump
L2 same as slash but for sheild, holding it down keeps sheild raised
R1 press around attack contact time to increase damage, same for sheild parry, out of attack to heal, hold to switch to ranged weapon, double to perform some magic attack if said game is stupid.

Medieval. Human depth not fantasy. No fucking giant lizards. No kingshit. No being a cop. Kill kill kill. Kill to survive and save. No time travel. No asian appearances. No fucking katanas unless it is about Ninjas. And no samurai, they were not cool, wandering swordsmen were cool, samus were fucking cops, collecting tax and fagging up villages.

That guy from jap movies that was good, cocky fucker that loves to be alive and nobody gets to dull life arpund him, there to make everything interesting. that guy. Not constable be a faggot.

Exploration.

Need pick a direction freeroam.

Game adjusts to player, doesn't force a path. Offers impossible problems to be a hero in going into.

No fantasy doesn't mean no skulls, barren leaflesss landscape, castles, fog, ambient immensity etc. Real life outside media shit is some intense stuff. That should be respected, led up to like a trap, which I suppose it is, immpossible not to be impressed as you come to it's mouth and go down it's throat. Offered to become it's mind as you rip out it's heart.

And disgusting stupidity to slay of course. Saving people from stupidity isn't ever wrong. Why not be that bad guy who does that. Besides facing massive numbers, defences, patroling forces, potential torture, and infection by it.

So disgusting a one way journey is a duty.

Start off perhaps with something nice. Just a little, that makes the student scum so intollerable.

Or not. Just unfuck forever.
And fuck Morrigans. Sexy dripping Morrigans.

This, the first time you see a licker in RE2 is one crawling outside a window. The reason you see it is because the camera changes as you turn the corner where the window is, forcing you to see a weird four legged creature run away, that's introduced as an enemy in the next screen.

Nah dude. They said 5 was going to be more similar to older RE's than 4.

What the fuck are you talking about?

PG sales, it's a constant.

This isn't a school, it's a business, Capcom has to cater to the common denominator, asking them to sacrifice an entire title to "teach" new players to make them "appreciate" the classic systems is complete unrealistic wishful thinking.

I have no fucking idea what this wall of noise is even meant to convey.

alright here's what I expect hope:

any or all of the above would be pretty neat, I think they should know that they should be playing super safe and go off of what has already made them lodsamone rather than the terrifying alternative: go for the mobile market

Not teaching players dingdong, im talking about small teams with limited resources being creative and coming up with new ideas. Over the shoulder third person shooting with enemy loot drops has only lead to increasingly lazy skinner box design.

I don't see them ever going back to full on fixed cameras, but maybe something like what they had planned for 4.

Fuck no. Its the last bastion of good niche japanese game ideas not ruined by changing to suit the west like every single former good japanese ip nobody likes anymore. It killed everyone and its why the people who pushed it fled to the west to make shit like mighty number 9 and the evil within.

Nothing should be made to appeal to the west, the western majority have the lowest standards in the world.

Well you sure as fuck won't get this from Capcom.
We're talking about the same guys that shut down Clover because their titles weren't selling enough even tho they were creative, so that's not gonna change anytime soon.

I didn't say made, I said marketed

4U did pretty alright here and Capcom should be playing it safe, so I don't think they would try and pander to the west and piss off nipland unless they're completely retarded.

That said this is the same company that greenlighted DmC

How are people still so stupid that they believe Capcom greenlighted DmC?

Japanese players having better taste is an outdated concept.
Please have a dose of reality.

archive.is/2Sle9

Capcom not only greenlit DmC, they actually were initially pushing for a way more radical direction for the project, before going back on their steps and telling Tameem to tone it down after the initial backlash.

You seem misinformed, then again looking at your other posts this seems to be a common theme with you.

This is bullshit fuck you.

How would the game exist if they didn't greenlight it?

I really wish capcom would take more of a chance on original stuff to be completely honest.

The japanese indie industry is almost completely untapped, and there's so many good games that could use a bigger budget, but never get the chance to because of the way the industry is over there.

Capcom isn't even that terrible with translations, so you wouldn't get abortions like with Nintendo.

Not to mention the have dozens of old IPs that could get a sequel.

If you keep doing what you know what to do, and that shit still isn't working to keep you afloat, then maybe you should branch out and try something new. It's just dumb that in the face of bankrupcy they still wouldn't try something different and still shit out sequels to things people have seen over and over again.

Your depths of stupidity are sincerely outstanding.

Because Inafune.

taste in challenge and taste in production quality are different. for their mobile game induced casual difficulty they still demand higher quality wiafus to hotglue figures of.
Look at shit like assassins creed unity. ubisoft honestly thought "fuck it, its good enough for them" because thats how low our mainstream plebs standards for function are.

how exactly do you think games are made? Do you think Ninja Theory just started working on it on their own then when it was done ignored copyright laws and published it themselves?

Inafune was Capcom at the time. Also, I find it hard to believe he was the only one responsible.

All I remember from Leons start is escaping the city and farming the endlessly spawning zombies in the graveyard

So you're saying its not Capcom that greenlit it, it was Inafune. Thank you for proving me right.

Your depths of stupidity are sincerely outstanding.

I've never heard anything definitive with Inafune and DmC but it's certainly possible. It's a fact that Inafune really pushed for Capcom to start hiring western devs to make their games, which was an utter disaster. Now he is pushing Chinese developers I wonder how that will workout for comcept lol.

Nothing says survival horror like farming infinitely respawning resources.

Ah yes, good ol survival horror. Remember that zombie t-rex fight where you are manning a turret on a jeep?
Kind of hilarious how they managed to fuck up that much

Capcom is not a person. When we say a company did something, we're refering to the people who work there. Inafune worked at Capcom, so Capcom greenlit DmC.
And I find it very hard to believe that Infune did all of this by himself, while no one was looking, without the approval of other Capcom executives.

And when he turns back into a revengeance style laughing evil politician?

Truly we are entering a world of survival horror….

Good luck!

Hahahahaha oh wow

dude
==weed=
lmao

He was of the collective of Capcom, yes.

RE4 was great because of the presentation. Well optimised. Incredible for the time.

The music at the merchants place, beautiful. I spent ages in that cave one before the troll. Up to the church probably the best looking part.

I bought it for new for the PS2, and Wii. Wonder how much out of about $160 to $222 they got.

Also bought Monster Hunter Freedom Unite because Vita has no games. And beside fucking texture filtering and ripping off Paul Ruskay's Homeworld audio it was good grinding. And also the bitton layout made using both sticks not as fun as it should have been.

Bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS, but the 3DS's thumb stick's deadzone is riddiculously large and it wasn't enjoyable out of that. Need lots of towns.

Also killing monsters is wrong. Killing those soulless villagers on the other hand had potential.

Fighting games aren't real games. Except Tekken. Baek ftw.

Some air fighter would be nice. Simple, and only need canyons to fly through. Keep enemy craft very simple, focus on speed and percieved geometric complexity of terrain. No taking. Also rogue, no gimping to factions, strickly being Captain Harlock. Only thing out there for life, because being that is damned risky, requires someone with their own kind of depth perception. Someone out to win everything over by demonstrating a better way of living ie flying good.

No talking, barely avoiding crashing. Intermissions of lounging and introspection, peaceful stuff. Hippie girls.

Batman alerts and back in action.

Simple.

Pretty much be the terrorist. Which after translation from reverse speak media brainwashing comes as liberator.

Stages in training players to maintain their best, and increase what their best is. More pressire, flake put equals instadeath.

And do I want Steel Battalion on PC. Anywhere. On anything.

Remember political correctness is incorrect. Win or lose through having the guts to do what might work. Not giving up when it doesn't either, jobs not over until there is no fat lady.

Start out well equipped, relatively, then as you make mistakes have to carry on with less. Less mistakes means more progress. Biggest mistake in expecting leniancy. You create the slack you need, luck just comes in assisting when you are being awesome or are trying to the asbsolute limit. Keeps ypu going so you don't die, not so you can live happy ever after, you need to go out in style for that. Or win a world where it is possible.

I swear to god your posts are the most confusing shit i've ever read in my life.

It's a mental diharrea of random idiotic factoids spewing from the spread open bleeding cunt you call a brain.

What medication are you on, or should be on and are not taking right now user?

_?_

You
Type like a faggot
And your
Shit
Is all
Retarded

A champagne supernover in the sky

I just want another goofy resident evil. I don't want a super serious game for serious gamers. I really like the merchant, the stupid quotes, how the entire game was literally just an action movie where the cool sauve american spy saves the president's daughter and kills the bad guy.

I just want to have fun.

The older games were just as goofy though it's possible the people making the games probably didn't know at the time.

More like

They were unintentionally goofy, which made them actually funny.

For any 3rd person game:

Keep camera low to the groind looking up so te ground can't be seen or just seen.

Makes height matter.

Chars feet should touch bottom of screen and head touching top of screen. Mainly chars head touching the top. May have camera close enough can't see below torso. Even for Demon Soulsish. Adds an element of nescessary awareness, look around and see what is there, hear it, feel it. Get to know what might be and that is what you're ready for.

Neutral camera should still face up. Aiming looking ahead while camera is directed up, more than a slight angle. Saves a lot of performance for the immediate area and makes distance more scenic. If geometry is there it can cull a lot. An animated sphere of fog sprites with sprites appearing as needed to cull gep to preserve framerate.

Top down makes everything look small.

Another thing RE4 got right.

Also low res, high effects, high tex, high geo in that order. Not the opposite like all the unimpressive games pushed now.

Persistant effects, that add environmental accents, mist, wind etc. Sparks with swordplay maybe but 99% persistant. Combat effects only matter if they persist too.

Persistant ambient music too. Absolutely no combat music ever, no switching at any time within an area. Play Tenchu Z to see why this matters.

Music should be part of the landscape. No battle music even when there is nothing but battle. Environmental sounds are fine. Diminish it as combat sounds are made. Channels used by environmental sounds used by others but none dedicated. More sounds for movement. Loud sounds obscuring others. Te more silent you are the more you should hear environmental sounds.

I'd buy it fosho

I have a suspicion it would be hard to make a game with the tone of RE4 these days, without it feeling forced. 2005 was a simpler, more ernest time. Not everything was drenched in irony like it is now.

Unintentional laughs are the best the only thing is the creator can never find out because once they do they can never pull it off ever again.

There will never be a properly balanced RE that has good mouse/keyboard controls unless it's designed from the ground up with M/KB in mind.

But there actually is battle music in RE4.

Oh god the RE 4 pc port, doesnt even work properly with a controller.

RE3 actually had proto-QTEs.

I remember using the mouse hack with it, and that essentially made the mouse emulate a joystick and it was fucking awful too.

Can you maybe turn off aim assist for the PC version? Might help with the balance, though I could see capcom just not including the option.

There is no aim assist in the HD PC version. There is heavy aim assist in the console versions, and to be honest that is just the laziest, most insulting shit ever.

Was that true of the GC and PS2 versions as well or just added to the remasters? RE4 was built around having to aim at stuff so it kind of makes sense for them not to have aim-assist. I remember people saying the same thing about the wii version that it was piss easy because aiming with a stick can be outdone by just about anything.

B-but it's fun!

Cuckcom CEO committing seppuku on stage.

Casual shit with characters inspired by internet famous trannies

It's like your posts are a collection of replies from completely different threads

Complete and utter shit. Likely
and probably a few other things I missed. I have no hope for it no matter who says they will be "working" on it.

Seriously? That is absolute garbage. If they don't want to let you shoot it first, then don't even have it lying there in the first place. Do the ol' "burst through a window or something" trick instead, that's at least less insulting.

This. RE4 gave me the manual aiming I wanted from the very first game on, but didn't speed things up and go too overall actiony or cram in unwanted co-op like later ones. It's not just a compromise to me, RE4 is my ideal RE gameplay. If Capcom really wants to sell me more RE, it needs to be RE4 style. …But ideally with zombies. I'd still be HAPPY to buy remakes of 1, 2, and 3 with RE4 style gameplay, that's what I've wanted most since RE4 itself came out.

The only reasonable defense I've heard for 6 is that the shooting and movement mechanics are really cool. However the game built around them is complete shit and does not allow you to use the mechanics in a fun way.

You can suplex enemies and spin kick their heads off. What the hell are you talking about?

I hope RE7 sells like shit and capcom crashes and burns. Also I hope a competent publisher that isn't a total kike gets ahold of the megaman IP. After what crapcom did to what was probably their best selling and most versatile IP by far they deserve nothing short of bankruptcy and crushing debt.

We'll never have fun anons…

Suplex is a potential gamble because if it doesn't kill the enemy, then they're behind you, and not every kick will destroy their head, that's a random chance same as with any normal gun.

Suplex kills 100% of the time if the enemy is not wearing a helmet AND it prevents plagas from coming out.

Yeah, it went a bit more actiony, but not as far with it as 5 and 6. Leon didn't punch boulders, he and the enemies still didn't move all that fast, and so on. It upped the action and speed to the right level for me, whereas after that the games went too far. RE4 came the closest to the feel of classic RE that I liked, but with the manual aiming that I always wanted.

I can't agree with you on the gameplay front. While it has the tightest and smoothest controls its gameplay is actually trash.

Even on the hardest settings, zombies seem to want to wait to attack you. Difficulty, once again, doesn't make the AI more aggressive or anything it just makes the enemies become bullet sponges and make your characters more brittle…which doesn't matter much because you can honestly get through most of the game (especially Leon's campaign) without even really needing to use your guns.
The melee attacks, which used to be a last resort in previous RE games are now the strongest fucking thing ever and you use your guns to get out of a tight spot.
See, the thing about all of this is that these issues with the enemies work with controls that are more tank-like such as RE5. Instead you can run and gun like no problem. The gameplay for RE6 is not good simply because it lacks most challenge.

Oh, and lets not forget that every 5 minutes of gameplay this game sees fit to rip the control of the camera from you to focus on some event that's happening while you're playing the game. Other times it just needlessly takes control from you completely to play out a little animation for some fucking reason.
What is meant to be world building is actually immersion breaking and basically just becomes annoying.

The only thing RE6 has going for it is that its a great game to play with a friend while you have some drinks and the control scheme makes mercenary mode a more aggressive challenge than in previous games.

The melee would have been fine if they had tried to make it fun. I tried to play through Jake's campaign with just punches, but you could never make your stamina meter long enough to actually have fun.

It would seem like Leon's campaign got the most love over all.

Oh, I forgot to mention the SKILL system which is pretty much fucking grade A garbage.

Only 3 skills could be equipped at a time. And only 5 of them out of the entire fucking list are even worth any sort of fuck to use.
It was as if it was thrown in there at last minute just to make it sort of like the last ones.

You know, people piss on RE5 a lot but at least with RE5 I got the fucking impression that Capcom actually spent time and energy on making a good game. May not have been OMG SO HORRIFYING Resident Evil type of game but it is a solid fucking action game. And there is a sense that they were building off of things that they had experimented with in RE4.

RE6 feels like a cobbled together mess of shit and half ideas. Like they let the interns in accounting design the fucking thing.

I expect them to completely blow it and lose all hope from every hyped fan.

Never bet on Capcom.

It's 3 different games smooshed into one.
An action film/bromance
An amalgam of Chris and Leon's campaign
A horror movie

The biggest problem is that they didn't commit to one idea and it just fucked everything up

HD remake of re 2 would be nice. Why was it never done after re0?

If anyone would pick up Capcom in the event of bankruptcy, it'd either be Namco, Konami or Nintendo.

Well REmake and RE0 were GC only so they sold like complete shit. It's why Capcom changed the entire course of the series with 4.

Why would a company that runs casinos and spas buy a video game company?

Really? How bad did it sell?

I've heard that Monster Hunter and Basara are being threatened by the mobile game market.

I think it's at like 1.82 million, with all of Capcom's and Sony's marketing behind it that is pretty abysmal. Not to mention it being a new numbered Street Fighter game.

MH is getting more and already has mobile games and chinese mmos. However the portable games actually are Capcom's main source of money right now so I highly doubt they will stop making them.

Ah right, I forgot MH is primarily mobile and social and what not.

I worry more for Basara.

MH is not primarily mobile or social it is mainly a portable series, 3DS and PSP.

Portable =/= Mobile

My bad.

Arent most of the games on 3DS and such now?

Mobile means phone a 3DS isn't a phone.

No those are phone games. Mobile is any game that is on hardware which is/can be used on the go.

In a lot of the world "mobile" just means phone so mobile game for those people literally means "phone game".

I hate it that they haven't told us anything more about this. It's no wonder people are still unaware that there's a game in the making

MH is a mobile franchise, live with it.

In gaming terms, there's a clear distinction between handheld and mobile.

Alright whatever

Then they can lay in the same shallow grave as Hudson.

I actually like elements of the inventory in RE4 and RE5. I heard that RE6 had a combination of both which sounds great if only it was in an actually good game.

Umbrella Corps looks more fun than Gears of War at least.

a good video game, hopefully.

What about that RE 2 remake?

The guy in charge of that said not to expect anything for a long time however it's all but confirmed that RE7 is going to be announced at E3.

Well its the REmake HD team so they probably wont fuck it up but theres been no news about it since the announcement so i doubt its showing at e3.

It did not. If you are refering to the dodge mechanic then no. Just no. QTEs are more or less a simon game where you press flashy button at the right order. Also if you are refering to the multiple choice moments, still no. Even if they have timers it still dosen't make it QTE

Fuck off GamingBrit. It has way to many qte's and walking sequences, you like to complaine about in other games, like mgs 5, but gives re6 a free pass, because you're a Capcom shill.

Capcom needs to realize that they could easily have an audience for Monster Hunter in the west if they finally brought it to a platform where it could escape it's PS2 graphics. Monster Hunter has been trapped on a 240p potato machine since 3U.
Compressed text that's hard to read, textures reminiscent of 5th gen consoles and framerate issues are all things keeping potential western buyers away.
Monster Hunter 5 for PS4 and PC. Modern graphics, real controllers, text that isn't a pain in the ass to read. Do it Capcom, we know you can.

i think I'm a fucking casual, because amiboos of the resident evil series and of Dragon's Dogma would be really cool.

Like the bottlecap collection of Resident Evil 4.

lolno

But Capcom is a Japanese company and they HATE modern presentations. Plus Capcom seems extra obsessed with every game having some minimum profit margin and spending modern graphics would probably mean it can't make the margins they demand. With Capcom a game isn't successful for just being profitable, it has to be VERY profitable.

With that said though, I still hopelessly pray to the gaming gods that Capcom would make classic Capcom style games on modern hardware. I'd finally buy a Capcom game again if they did the style of Mega Man or Breath of Fire or Darkstalkers with modern fancy graphics. Heck, I'd settle for the actual graphics Monster Hunter does get if it were just more Breath of Fire style art direction. Same goes for Dragon's Dogma.

Back to >>>/Reddit/ with you

And by western audience you mean the le gib gub :DDD tip menoraoraorah normalfaggot blight.
The amount of unrepentant shitters in MHBigGuy was already unbearable.

non-potato MH would be real fucking neat though, I'll grant you that

Did I fucking say PC master race?
Stop projecting.

They are functionally equivalent to QTEs in RE4, except you just take damage instead of dying.

You get to fight Beezlebul.

Nigger wat, that's a warped perspective of what a QTE is. It's a button prompt that tells you what to push and if you don't you fail and you cannot put in any other input because it's basically a cinematic sequence like when Leon is running from the rolling boulder and your told to button mash to the tune of yakety sax.

The RE3 dodge mechanic was a hybrid between manual and automatic input, depending on what difficulty (hard was full manual), which functions like action game parry mechanics only you dodge instead of parry. The primary difference is that for QTEs you either push the button to continue or you don't and fail with no other input.

Incidentally some of the QTEs in RE4 are actually a very limited dodge mechanic that holds your hand with button prompts, these are bad for different reasons then QTEs.

Lots of buzz, no detail. Yeah I'm taking your post seriously

They missed the goddamned point.

It would make me very happy to see them go bankrupt.

Mate, the majority of Jap gamers are even bigger casuals than the ones over here.

Wew

There are mods for that if you prefer it that way.

Why don't they release Monster Hunter on PC? seems like such an obvious choice. Not the shitty MMO.

the ghosts have a virus

For those who wonder why MH is not PC, ever thought how expensive electronics are in Japan? Or the games at that matter?
To give some perspective:
mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/736181784048635904
mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/736054372568731648

You can do the math why MH has been on handhelds for years, they are the most used gaming devices in Japan. mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/736035021530619906

TL:DR PC gaming is shit expensive Japan due jew pricing on electronics and haldhelds have ruled gaming market. Unless that changes in the next few years, get used to have MH on console or handheld.

PT sucked so I expect it to suck.

because making it look good on PC would cost money

Isnt MH a shitty grinding game?

???
amazon.co.jp/dp/B018TEPMQU/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487164

What?? Oh, this can't be, all the special snowflakes and otherkin were protected from triggering at witnessing an ass slap, surely all the degenerates rushed out in droves to buy this privilege checked safe space friendly vidja.

The GTX1080 is a top range card that goes for £600-£700.

I guess none of us can afford to play on PC either. Pack it up lads, get your handhelds out it's all that we have left.