- Moonlight Great Sword

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great Wooden Hammer
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Old King's Great Hammer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this game worth playing yet?

Offline yes, online no.

Let me talk about how good the pacing at the start is

Not much of that is new for the series but god damn did I enjoy it while I played.

Too bad it was ruined by shitty enemies. Especially Grand Archives which was just a clusterfuck of faggots shooting magic at you while thralls ran around like spastics and hands tried to grope you. Actually the hands weren't too bad and could be solved by dipping your head in wax but fuck having them in combination with all the other shit going on.

I suppose I was talking more about atmosphere than enemy design. But at least the Lothric Knights were GOAT and the enemies at least tried to be creative in a lot of areas.

And was I the only one to be thankful there weren't as many enemies who were huge compared to you? It felt like every fight in DaS1 was against a giant; in this game it's a little more rounded, and I felt like there was more room for strategy beyond "dodge the big hit" (e.g Dancer's moveset, Sulyvhan's mirror image)

Let me talk about how fucking good the warpick is for a sec
This fucking weapon is the most fun thing in the entire game. Have you ever sent a spike through someone's face after a parry? I have. Fucking thing does thrust damage
Now you may be thinking, "user it's so slow and has no range. What I'm I supposed to do about estoc shitters?"
You know who doesn't give a shit about estoc shitters? Who ever invented iron flesh. Put that shit on and watch those dumb shits mash at you and their swords plink off your iron abs. ive been doing this shit for days at low level and it is the funnest shit

Is there a single build that doesn't immediately become better by adding an infused thrall axe? This thing is easily the best weapon in the whole series

Just finished dark souls 1 and 2 and this game feels way different, I read that it has no poise?

Wrong spouse.

I'll be sure not to use it next time.

BEAR
SEEK
SEEK
LEST

Started playing D3. Nice to be reminded how awful I am at this game.

Feeling on top of the world. Check out Firelink Shrine. Say hi to my bro Andre. Go to Lothric

But I must carry on. I will see my ladyboy again and save him.
Do it for xer.

What are you on about, that scrub was the easiest boss, He was even easier than when I first thought him. 2nd hardest boss is the lord of Cinder.

Karla has insight.

You'll meet your ladyboy alright, but not in the form you would hope.

BETA UPRISING
E
E
T
A

U
P
R
I
S
I
N
G

CHEAT ENGINE RUNNING WILD

How quickly can you fight that boss? I heard you can cheese him with the invincible uchigatana summon.

If you save and quit the fight and renter the summon has unlimited health.

So it has been foretold.

I think I got 3 ears and 3 shackles last night. Getting those last 2 spells is suffering.

See the dragon at the beginning ? Run straight up the stairs under him, you have the time to get to the door before he breathes fire. Unlock the door, and there you'll find a mimic that gives a deep battle axe (flat dark damage) great for the early game. Naturally, it's a mimic so you'll likely have a hard time, but the axe is absolutely worth it. Besides being great in general, Vordt is weak to dark so you'll be ruining his shit with it.

Oh neat. Thanks user. I've just been exploring before I try vordt again. Got the shortcut back sorted and now I'll head back for that.

I need help with my RAGNAROS STRENGTH PYROMANCER cosplay.

Anyone got any armor recommendations? It seems really hard to get down. I'm probably going to use the gargoyle flame hammer, or some shitty great club so I can cast flame weapon on it.

Christ this game really has some tight ass level design

It's a damn shame how linear the game is though seriously if they opened up the game a bit and didn't backload all of the cool shit on the second half of the game DaS3 would be seriously improved.

I don't get this one.
It's not like there are two ways you can progress through the first one either.
In both you need to kill a set of bosses in any order you want and then go down the tunnel to final boss.
They're fucking same, glorified megaman games.

so, now that the MLG is blowing doors down with its weapon art does anyone want my old build which gives you sub 30% equip and max magic weapon damage with it?

you can do a variety of things with it, pictured is my build for buffing with DP for more damage and stamina regen but i also had rather good success with using great farron dart with just my dusk crown and magic clutch ring equipped.
the caestus is simple infused and is more for parrying and providing FP regen for the MLG's weapon skill so you don't need ashen estus although you can use a simple rapier instead for a jab/parry instead.

fuck forgot the fucking image.

Linearity is a problem that the entire series but DaS1 was less linear since you could circumvent a lot of areas and choose what order you wanted to do some of the tasks that were given to you.

Yes you had to ring the two bells but you could decide whether to do Blighttown or the Cathedral bells first, yeah you had to get the four lord souls but you could choose which order you chose to do so. You could even get one of them before you get to Anor Londo.

Yeah you would effectively spend the same amount time going through the areas but you could vary things up between playthroughs especially if you got the Master Key which let you mess around with how you wanted to progress.

I remember building up my knight character to have the right equipment before heading into Blighttown, that feeling of preparing for a hard area just really isn't there in DaS3.

I mean even DaS2 let you sort of choose how you wanted to kill the four really really old dudes.

DaS1 and to a lesser extent 2 had more flexibility with how you chose to carry things out and it didn't feel like you were nearly as on rails even if you sort of were at the end.

What the fuck? They're dungeon crawlers m8.

anyone have a magnet link for the CODEX crack ver 1.07 multiplayer fix?

can't retads like you just kill yourselves?

Fuck off with this bullshit already, Christ. Even if a game is linear, so what? What's your point? That linearity is somehow a bad thing? What do you even fucking mean by "it's linear"? Are you talking about the level design? Some areas are "linear", yes. Anor Londo is pretty linear, but I wouldn't say this is a bad thing. The first time you go through it, all the routes that circle around to the other side of the map are blocked off, and you open them as you go. What's the problem with that? If you're not talking about the level design, then you're surely talking about the progression? Well, if that's the case, then there are multiple paths you can take from the start, and therefore the game isn't "linear".
So fucking what? There's 24 bosses in the game, and the player is able to tackle the large segments of the game that lead up to them at any point. These gates serve to give a sense of progression, it's not a big deal.
From the start of the game, you can go after any of the following bosses:
That's six fucking bosses you can fight at any given time as soon as you go into Lordran.

That's not about endboss, fukboi, it's about what you do and see before facing him.
If you can't play through and not see a half of the game, and on another playthrough not see the first one - now that's non-linear.

I think what you describe is "fake non-linearity", yes you can change and order in which you play through obligatory levels. Is kinda gives a sense of freedom, when there isn't one. You'll still play same levels on every playthrough.

Warpick is indeed nice, but my thrust bae is the good old Lucerne.

No, it's non-linearity. DaSIII is just regular linearity. In the original Dark Souls, you have shit to accomplish and you can choose how you go about accomplishing it. In DaSIII, you have once very strict path through the game with two or three branching paths that lead nowhere.

The level linearity is disappoint but not a huge problem. The fact that you can't access a lot of weapons early on however is shit.

its no different than Dark Souls 1 - the only boss that you have to kill the Lords for in order to fight is Princes - and after that Lord of Cinder. You can fight every other boss besides those two without killing the lords except for Abyss Watchers. You can murder Emma early and fight Dancer early and go into Lothric castle - therefore gaining access to those bosses but also Archdragon peak all before killing the Lords. So its even less linear than DS1

This to be honest, every one knows the true waifu of Dark Souls is Priscilla

What areas can you go to from Firelink in DaS?

What areas can you go to from Firelink in DaSIII?

Anyone around SL55 on PS4 got a Small Leather Shield to trade?
Sold mine by mistake and I need it for my Logan Cosplay.

Good to see blue covenants working as intended now

Youre joking, right? LoC was a cool fight, but I struggle to even put him in the top 5

The fight lasted under a minute.

From what I hear, you can do the NPC cheese with anyNPC summon.

Post your best Firekeeper messages

Objectively incorrect opinion

What are those floaty crystals by the way?

jesus christ, this is a thing now?

Wow, this is actually a really good Patches encounter.

It probably would have tricked me on my first playthrough, I woud have been suspicious but just went ahead to see what happens.

Little would I know it would have been that sneaky little fucker Patches.

Shame that is my third playthrough, and had to look up a guide to get this to even happen, because it order to trigger it you basically have to go backwards through the Cathedral. I would bet a majority of the players never even had this happen to them, poor planning on From's parts.

Also, I noticed something. As Patches is lowering you down, the text on screen calls you an "insatiable wench" but the vocal dialogue calls you a "greedy gut".

"Insatiable wench" mind you my characters female, I wonder if Bamco or From decided calling a woman a "insatiable wench" would be too triggering for Western audiences ??

I'd love for more creative encounters with Patches like that. I prefer stuff like this over him just kicking you down a cliff.

It's also really funny, if you kill the giants before triggering the event he just starts swearing and freaking out.

I've noticed some minor dialogue changes too which I quite appreciate. Like Orbeck says you're "not that kind of woman" and Hawkwood says you're a "brasher lass". Generally games with character creation are lazy as shit and only use gender neutral stuff to refer to the player character. Which can lead to mistakes since it's not natural in conversation, so often your female character will be referred to as a guy from time to time. I can't really name specific examples but I'm certain this has happened.

are you people using any mods to make the game not run like garbage?

also
good job from you cis-sexist assholes im TRIGGERED as fuck

There's always the reversal ring.

The reversal ring only changes your animations so you can make your guy run like a fag or your girl run like a bulldyke

Cant use any mods, don't want to have unfair online mutliplayer now do we ??? this is no an e-sports game after all thanks to Twitch

im playing offline, only retards play meme souls online.

besides poise doesn't work, and neither do covenants apparently. or so i've been told, Havel was pretty easy to stagger so i assume poise, in fact, does not work properly

Memers should be destroyed

Now thats where I would normalky would have changed my phantom status in CE and hornet ring backstabbed him with a OHKO weapon.

I sort of agree with you, the next post showed why. Too many jewtubers pushing meme builds, the fight clubs are cancer. I just gank and wait until the next fotm gets released so the memers can leave.

can you get stable 60 fps? and if so, whats your specs?

ti660, i5, 8gb ram. Settings on mid-low and it runs perfectly

Why do people summon more than one phantom?

Why does no one try parrying any bosses? I mean, I understand most bosses aren't human, but grinding medals on the champ and the lothric brothers with chain parrys really shows how ignorant most players are about mechanics and default to r1 spam.

Because they're total bitch niggers.

Because no one wants to figure out which bosses can be parried on their own, since if you try and they can't then you get your face smashed in. It's just a much safer bet to simply dodge everything.

LOL

Because my mentality is "no way they are doing another Gwyn"

Co-op is suffering

The worst part is when they did do another Gwyn and you can't fucking parry him. It's like letting you send Greirat out the third time, there's teasing the player and then there's slapping them with an erect penis made of spite and guile.

apparently there is supposed to be 3 dlc now isntead of 2

Not enough love for hammers and maces.

Also, should I continue playing as Ornstein on my faith character, or go brass set?

see

The bosses which can and cannot be parried is utterly arbitrary,

Plus you can miss a parry a few times and then become under the impression it just isn't possible.

Brass set is overrated, be the stylin lion

Overrated.

I've never seen anyone wearing it.

Also I just learned the disappointment that is holy orbital strike.

Objectively shit taste

The only good set is drakeblood, which is coincidentally the only good thing to ever come out of DaS2.

I usually white crystal out when I two other phantoms.

I am having so much much fun with pvp. I haven't even beaten the game yet. Just having fun experimenting with all the different weapon combinations. Too bad everybody is terrible. I swear 90% of players either spam swings, spam special weapons moves, or use a katana and run around like a dumbfuck doing that retard running lunge attack.

I can't wait till the newness wears off, and the casuals go away. I say about three more months. I must be patient.

Alright so I've looked it up and it turns out that the Estoc gets objectively better base and magic damage than the Rapier at Crystal +10, with the same INT scaling bonus.
So, do I bite the bullet and go for the Estoc, and feel like a massive shitter for using the tryhard meta weapon? Or do I stick with the basic and suffer slightly less damage. I don't know how much stamina each uses, so if I can get one more hit with the Rapier on one stamina bar it might be worth it.

Rapier and Irithyll Rapier both use slightly less stamina over the Estoc, but are shorter, and range is everything.

Just use the Estoc. If you want to use the Rapier, go play DaS or DaS2.

For fuck sakes at least a ring that grants hyper armor during a spellcast.

Any recommendations for blue armor that I can use for my Richter run? Weapon wise I'm planning on using the witch whip for that sweet fire whip item crash and throwing daggers, plus whatever miracles and spells I can find that look like his item crashes (mostly the light beam miracle because I don't know any others I can use).

I was thinking that but the fact it's a robe and has the weird hat thing on the back doesn't win it any points.

that's like saying you spitshined a piece of dogshit

Just whip up an edgy redesign with some of the armor sets. Loran's Pants and Wolf Knight chest to start.

Don't worry about "meta weapons." If anything, the thing that makes people butthurt is if you just R1 until you're out of stamina, back off and repeat.

But you can parryspam that. You don't even need to properly time it and you'll catch them more often than not. What makes people really butthurt is that the Estoc is long and fast enough to get 2 guaranteed pokes in every time someone sips.

Do you continue to play fairly when the host starts acting like a nigger and chain summoning while running away or just go FUCK THIS and outnigger him?

ayy lmao

Outnigger him, I go into every match PVP scenario expecting the opponent to play fairly, the moment he starts acting like a cock it's over and I pull out the stops.
The way I see it, if he's good and beats me, he beats me fairly, if he's bad but fought me fairly there was a fair fight so I had my fun, but if he's bad and fought unfairly then the gloves come off and it's time to push it as far as possible.

They have to stop summon when they summon a phantom. Back stab or throw a charm.
I think he is talking about red summon duels. Nothing pisses me off more than a host that summons me, bows, and still heals and runs away like a bitch. Nothing makes me happier killing them.

I haven't played in a couple weeks, but when I was doing my 100% run and capping every coven, about half of the reds I summoned started sipping right off the bat and would run away and black crystal out once I burned them of their flasks.

Reds are scum.

I had some reds summons heal on me too. I think it's hilarious when reds heal on me. I mean I have WAY more estus then they do. Do they really think they going to win? Only delaying it really. But it common knowledge in the community that if you bow, you will not heal. Maybe the rules have changed? I don't know anymore.

If you are talking about red stone duels then I'm the same. The second the host chugs I just treat it as if I'm in an invasion and go run off into the level. If hes dumb enough to fight me in the area with the giants and fire mages in pontiff I win. If he summons someone else to fight after a while I'll jump in when he chugs on that guy, and if he wants to be a faggot and just wait I'll go have a coffee and a shit then come back and kill him while he is afk.

Oh trust us, you'll see him.

This motherfucker
Probably the most tryhard guy I've ever met
End my life

The path of the sungal is to aid those in need, even when they are too stupid to succeed without it.
Hosts like that are like your baby. Treat them as such.

literally irrelevant considering they went to a DeS design

Can't say I blame them. The Nexus remains the comfiest hub in the series.

the wooden workers hammer might be good its the smallest of the "great Hammers" soo have fun
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great Wooden Hammer

or you could say fuck it and go with some soul weapons
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Old King's Great Hammer

It's so difficult sometimes. I try to keep a positive mindset but damn.
I don't mind hosts who are genuinely just not very good at the game but are trying their best, I will help them as much as possible and they are usually polite with gesture and behaviour etc.
Fucking tryhards like these, he's loaded up with shit that doesn't even work well together and thinks he's amazing when he's dogshit, he summons me in the middle of a shitstorm (I put my sign down in difficult areas so people passing by who need help can summon me) and then when I clean it up for him he doesn't even greet me or celebrate or nothing. Just on to the next bullshit thing he wants me to do. Grinds my gears.

is there anyway to ez grind for sunlight medals? Because i want the great LS, but having to help literal retards through the game so they can post about it on reddit is killing me slowly

You get a medal if you invade as a sunbro too.

the fastest way i did it was getting it in undead settlement then farming them on Vordt at a low level

they most certainly did fucking not
they let you go to a singular area after firelink
shut the fuck up you fucking brainless, inbred, pathetic faggot

People who play Souls have the worst taste in character naming of the entire online gaming community.
This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

you can't bum rush Iron Golem in DS1 and go straight to Anor Londo without killing Gargs or Quelaag in DS1 - you can do the equivalent in DS3. You can't fight most of the starting bosses with a +10 weapon in DS1, you can do that in DS3. The beginning of the game is more linear in DS3 because you have to go to High Wall. But that's not the only determining factor in which game is more linear. You can access more of the game, earlier in DS3 than you can in DS1 in whihc you have to the whole bell segment, sens fortress, O & S, in order to access the later parts. Seriously the very beginning of the game isn't the only important part. And getting completely asshurt about being wrong doesn't help your case

Rate me, bro.

i don't know, whats worse "420 XxSMOKEXx" or "Siegfried of Catarina"

He is wearing Ornsteins set with a Dark Sword and a Shield of Want.

that isn't exploration, irrelevant
the beginning of lothric castle and the garden
as opposed to new londo, valley of drakes, blight town, darkroot basin, and the catacombs, all of those leading into each other and also into the back of areas that are the normal progression
wow yeah so equal, one is clearly the same as the other

you mean lothric castle, the garden, and arch dragon peak, untended graves

how? you have to go through all of those areas to find the upgrade materials and you'd have to go back to the shrine, and find the birds to even know about the early slab in the first place - valley of drakes doesn't count as an area since its just a transition point, darkroot basin has nothing in it, and the catacombs don't lead back to anywhere they just go to Tomb of Giants so that point is invalid

you mean that one area you have to advance to the dungeon to get to, and literally cannot get there without
and untended graves, an area that does fucking nothing just like you're accusing valley of drakes of
OOPS

except a miniboss and two backdoors to other areas
neither do any of the areas you can explore early on in 3

all of the areas you can access in DS3 early have more enemies actual bosses, and upgrade materials - there's less fluff as there is in DS3 where most of the early areas are completely empty

why would you even want to kill Hydra early in the game - it doesn't serve any purpose besides getting maybe Dusk Crown Ring, and you can't access the DLC until later in the game in the first place. Untended Graves has one of the best bosses in the game in it along with the ability to get an early slab with chunks there as well - there's things in it and it serves a major story purpose with the Firekeepers eyes. Untended graves isn't the same as valley of drakes in any sense.

the areas in DS1 do lead back in on themselves which is only necessary because of a lack of warp in the early game, there's no reason to do that in dS3 because you have warp from the beginning as in DS2 and Bloodborne.

like you don't seem like you've played the game at all to be honest

Theres literally no reason to grind them. You will get them through a regular playthrough if you just put down your sign every once in a while. You get them if a sunguy is even on your team

all two of them
because you're a spellsword build
wow so impactful

you think i haven't played the game? go ahead and ask me something that only an actual player would know, because there's plenty of that in dark souls 1, like how kalameet will attack twice as often if you hit his center eye with an arrow, or how the male undead merchant always runs to the same little corner before he has a katana

DS3 isn't anymore linear than Dark Souls 3 - none of your points lead to that conclusion in any way shape or form. Both games have elements of linearity to them in different ways and in different parts of the game. But DS1 is just the god game that is immune from criticism or fault apparently, that is so non linear that any game that has a different structure has to be just the equivalent of a hallway shooter.

seriously, both games do things different but calling DS3 a linear game is completely retarded and only people who don't know you can fight dancer early on would even think that its the case

if DS3 is a linear game, then DS1 is an equally linear game by association

Jesus Christ, I didn't realise the Estoc was so long
It looks so goofy
I'm not so sure about this anymore

nah we are good bud

nice name
shit tier weapon

nice name bud
post screenshot

nah
3 is more linear

you keep on believing that

ds3 is much more linear than ds1

i will until you stop shitposting and list more areas that 3 allows you to go through from the beginning of the game
because, you know, i listed more than you did
oh wow, a whole titanite slab
+10 makes it a totally different weapon than +9 everyone, make note of that

you can fight an equal number of bosses (9) before Abyss Watchers than you can fight before Golem (10) and Abyss watchers is earlier in the game relative to Golem. So there's more of the game you can access before a certain point in both games respectively. Because of that i can't fathom how one game is more linear than the other when they're so closely matched in that regard, the evidence doesn't add up besides some areas in DS1 like Basin you can get to, but there's nothing in them

there's nothing in untended graves either
at least basin has an npc merchant

nice meme m8
or should i say
IMPUSCA-TE

if we're talking about straight level design - not boss content or other things. Yes DS1 is less linear, but in terms of raw content that is accessible in similar points in the game then they're the same with DS3 having the advantage

what are you talking about? there's a merchant in Basin as well as Champion Gundyr, and a bunch of important items

*untended grave

wow man yeah she sells a memetastic suit of armor so important
definitely as unique as the miracles that dusk sells

u wot?
where was this?

in ds1 level design was soooo much connected and sooo good
this is my personal start game rout that i use instead of going through the undead burg

i used to go to the valley of drakes go up with the elevator take the grass shield and brigand set kill the havel in the tower and the black knight in the garden and go back to the first smith to that bonfire

that how good ds1 level design

oh boy, Dusks spells - because 1 useful spell is more important / great than Artorias' armor and embers along with the other things there you can trade in for upgrade materials like Blacksmiths hammer and coil sword fragment

the beginning areas of DS1 are good, but the quality severely drops off once you get past Sens - after that point its incredibly linear, which is why they have to give you warp to be able to get around in a reasonable amount of time

Alright, user. Carefully read pic related and see if you can still tell me DaS and DaSIII are equally linear.

see

top jaj

fucking saved

linearity to me is multifaceted - its not just the straight level design i believe that it includes that order in which the game makes you complete certain objectives or fight certain bosses. If the game has linear levels as well as a forced pattern in which to complete the game then it is definitely linear, but if the game has some linearity in its levels - but allows you to access different parts of the game whenever you wish, then i believe it isn't a linear game if you have the freedom to complete it in the order and fashion you like

So you're saying every single game with an objective is linear?

your'e not understanding me. lets take DS2 - you absolutely have to do things in a specific order and you can't skip past the door to Drangleic castle without accomplishing that task or abusing Bonfire Aesthetics on Rotten. In DS3 you can bypass doing the Lord fights and access most of the game without having to fight Abyss Watchers - and even if you die fight Abyss watchers / Wolnir there's even more you can do without killing Yorm and Aldrich. You can go about your playthrough in a variety of ways instead of having to do it like you do in DS2 which is straight down specific paths with absolutely no deviation. DS3's level design is more linear, but game progression is not. In fact that game progression is all over the place in DS3 because its possible and viable to kill Dancer early

Wait, why can't you go into Grand Archives if you can go to Lothric Castle? The key for it is right in front of the door.

the key doesn't spawn on his body until you kill the three lords

I made a map of the progression of Dark Souls 3 in paint for kicks. Sometime, I'll make one for the first game.

You keep mentioning how you have a variety of ways of going through a playthrough, but you've only mentioned two. Going through the game normally or killing dancer, going through Lothric Castle/King's Garden and then going through the game normally.

That's pretty linear if you ask me.

By that metric, Dark Souls has fewer initial options than DS3 because you have to work towards the Lord Vessel.

You need to rethink your shit.

Radical fumos?

Evan sounds like a buttslut

there's a difference between being able to go to certain areas and actually being able to something important in them. You can't get to large parts of the game without the lord vessel - think Demon Ruins for example, three bosses alone behind the yellow gate. Where as there's less restrictions on who you can fight in DS3 without the Doll.

which isn't that much different at all from DS1

Enjoy

Smough's hammer is surprisingly good, and fun for pvp.
I enjoy smashing the shit out of edgelords, and weebs. The washing pole still gives me a lot of problems though, that fucking thrust.

My Aldritch bros need to lrn2co-op. Half of the time it's pretty good fights, and the other half its 4 memelords shoving grundy's halberd up my glorious golden ass.

There was this one invasion though where all the invaders united to kill this one ponyfag host.

it seems so heavy for the damage. Its hard to use other heavy weapons like great clubs when the BKGA still does so much damage even with the nerf. I've been cosplaying as a Lothric Knight with their Ultragreatsword and have done surprisingly well with it even against katana buiilds - it helps having a ton of health and armor though to tank a lot of damage

Dark Souls 2 world design was a clusterfuck
My biggest issue with it aside from being generally dull

Radu cel Frumos
vlad the impaler younger brother and a real life femboy
he was mehmed ii beloved fuckboi

Agreed. It had it's moments, but overall I didn't like it that much.

Whatever happened to all the undead enemy lady types?

DS 2 had the Desert Sorceresses.
Bloodborne had the Noble Ghosts.

Is Dancer of the Boreal Valley all we get in DS3?

It either takes skill to use or most people who play this game are really shit at it.

I'm hoping for the former.

Its either this, or the Cathedral greatsword. I don't really like any of the other STR weapons, and I don't really feel like playing through the game again to try out other builds.

That's not the case though. I told you to read the pic I drew carefully which you clearly haven't. I'll list out a couple routes since you can't figure it out though.

And a playthrough where you do mid-late game areas early

magical teleporting elevator to Mount Doom

DS3 had something wonky too in Untended Graves because its the exact same area as Cemetary of Ash but in the past, the Shrine maiden will even give you special dialogue - if you talk to her there without speaking to her in Firelink.

Is Darkmoon fixed yet? I have yet to be summoned once for the goddamn thing

The evangelists, and the pontiff knights are female undead.

No, R1 spam is easily countered. The thing with Estoc is that you can just do random hits here and there while slowly wearing down your opponent. He can't do jack unless you're obvious and get parried because of that.

Nope, you can collect the four lord souls in DaS in whatever order you want. Giving you four paths you can go through in any order isn't linear.

In DaSIII after Farron Keep, you have to fight Abyss Watchers first, and then you get a choice between Yhorm and Aldritch. After that you go through Lothric Castle, go through one small detour with King's Garden and then fighting the Princes.

which is still forgetting arch dragon peak and untended graves

Yorm's Great Machete is a pretty good strength weapon, and Gundyr's halberd is an excellent strength weapon

H-he is not! He keeps his shield up at all times!

Thanks dude. He's just a regular low-rank knight. Still in his starting armour and shield, save for the rapier, Lothric Straight Sword, longbow, spear, talisman and lightning bastard sword he uses.

A simple enough character, but I admire simplicity for a first character in these games. There's something about the standard underdog in knight armour struggling to carry on that feels aesthetically right for this game. I don't enjoy looking too bizarre.

its linear in the sense that you have to do things in a straight line until you get there as a precondition of going on those 4 paths where as you can do most of the game before getting the lord souls in DS3 - its basically the reverse in terms of when the game is linear and when it isn't

I just want a souls game where the first and second half is as good as the first half as dark souls 1.

Only have 10, and I rather not level anymore. I could start a new game to go to Rosaria's again but I really don't feel like going through the game again.

Those don't really count since they're optional. In fact, I shouldn't have included King's Garden in the first place, since it's optional too.

And even if we do include optional areas, DaS has Painted World, Undead Asylum, The Great Hollow and Ash Lake to match DaSIII

which is why i don't think there's much of a difference in linearity between the two of them, Dark Souls 3 is slightly more linear than DS1 which i've said before - but people are treating it like its DS2 levels of corridor walking

For curiosity's sake, why is the template/the instances of linearity in either DS1 or DS3 bad?

The crystals show when and where a blue sentinel is summoned.

because the first half of DS1 was so open ended that it feels like a step back when the following games don't have that quality to them, there's a lack of freedom in terms of where you can go or how you can do it. Although my first 'souls' game was Demon's Souls so it doesn't really matter to me as much

Do invasions have a time limit at all? If the invader chameleons and hides in some sneaky place and goes afk, does the host have any way to get rid of it besides finding him or reaching the boss?

my thing about the quality of Dark Souls 3 is that is has more bosses that i genuinely enjoy fighting than i do in DS1, but the low points in ds3 are much lower than they are in ds1 even with bed of chaos, because while that boss is bad it isn't as bad as Ancient Wyvern or Wolnir in my opinion

My first game was Demon's, too, and I can see the openness in both DS1 and DS3's approaches. Hell, you can argue that Demon's is the most linear of them all, but when I was actually playing I felt the levels were so well designed that they represented tangible, engaging places that you would eventually reach an end goal through. In that sense, I don't feel over or underwhelmed when going from that to DS1 or DS3. They're just different.

Invasions don't have a time limit. Only way to get rid of an invader is by walking into the boss arena or finding and killing him.

i mean Bloodborne is my favorite overall 'souls' game and that game is pretty linear

Does the luck bonus to status application keep scaling after 40?

I've been trying to figure out why it being more or less linear is a bad thing. I'm not saying I want it to be lines, but 3 still felt fine IMO.

You played Bloodborne? I think it's even better than DaS and it stays consistently good too.

Which I proved wrong in

Compare DaSIII to anal beads and compare the original DaS to spaghetti. The analogy isn't perfect, since DaSIII has a couple minor branching paths and the spaghetti would be have a couple dead ends. But in the end, I think it helps illustrate what I'm trying to say.

I don't know, it kind of lacks a sense of adventure.

it's because it's a series that encourages you to make new characters and try new builds occasionally but that only works when the games have enough variety that the player wont get bored doing the same shit every time. eventually you hit a point in linearity where the game has no replay value which makes the purchase less of a value than it would be if you had incentive to play the game 6 or 7 times. but, you can also be a bit too abstract and kinda get a second half of das1 feel or a das2 feel which is also bad because it lacks direction. there's a balance to be had. normally its not a big deal but since souls games are on the cusp of perfection little problems suddenly become a lot bigger than they would be otherwise.

also

Its been ages since ive played ds2. Is magic viable at all?

i hate to admit it, but watching fat ass dsp chuck lightning spears was pretty fun

You get 1 point in item discovery for every level in luck all the way to 99. I'm not sure how it works with hollow infused weapons though.

I think it's fairly clear that Usurp the Fire is the canon ending, and Untended Graves and Flameless Shrine shows what happens if you pick linking the flame or snuffing it out. You link the flame, and everything continues to hobble along, even as the world continues to collapse like lothric castle behind you, because we're running out of shit to burn, and you become just another soulless husk like the nigga you killed. Go for the dark ending, and Lothric becomes another abysmal shithole like Astora or Carthus or Oolacile, surrounded by nothing but black. The fire still exists, and all this does is move things to another kingdom slightly less fucked, like how it moved to Drangliec before. Usurping the Fire breaks you out of that cycle, whatever the result.

anyone want to help a twink push threw undead legion?

password is "Holla Forums"

Sure why the fuck not.

What platform m8

Well you just lost your chance.

pc master race

DS2 was supposed to be demons souls like. There was a few different kings, but…
Also in ds3 world is fucked more than "elevator to lava", but its okay because its more organic. So its the same thing but with different quality.
And game is not quite linear but less interconnected. ds3 could be more connected if they just place a few elevators here and there, but why?

Gotta love arguing with Holla Forums retards.

So Prince Lothric just has a gigantic bed in the middle of the cathedral? Okay, but there's only one room in the entire castle and it's just entirely his bedroom? With one door leading straight to it? There's just one path leading up to the most important person arguably in this kingdom that you can get to from the public library? No wonder they needed one hundred guys in front of that castle, seems like poor design choice on those Lothric builders.

When I busted into the castle I thought there'd be more to it but the bosses are just right there, and then the game is pretty much over. It feels like a good chunk of the game is missing, and it probably is, given the DLC.

I liked ds3 for this kind of encounters. You feel good for murdering the shit out of these fags and aldrich.

There's not exactly a lot to choose from in terms of important people in Lothric barring the princes, unless you're going to say waxhead no.13 left an impression on you.

Aldrich and his lacky Sulyfuck are filth incarnate and needed to be purged from the Earth

Actually you still have to kill 3 cinder lords before you can continue to the grand archives. The key will not spawn until you've killed Aldritch, Yhorm and Abyss Watchers

Its fucking end of the world, what you expect? Everyone is dead, everyone is undead, everyone is already served their purpose and now they are rewarded with death by your hand. You are the important man now.

yea that dubble sword faggot has to make it there or some bullshit. and he helps with abyss watchers/pointif and think he shows up a third time

You know i honestly don't mind some of the gimmicky bosses, wolher, AW, Yhorm. I like the thought behind them, I just hate how theyre all so phoned in and poorly designed. AW is much easier to just kill rather than go through a stairway filled with generic goons. Yhorms AI was fucking awful if you tried to kill him with magic instead of the sword. They just feel lazy

Thanks From.

heh
your fault

I can't stop. Please kill me.

You're already dead

Farm at middle level. Low level are filled with gank squads. After some time you will love than you meed 2 players instead of 4.

Oh, and ganksquads have highest priority for invasions. Greatest design choice ever.

poise isn't turned off it's just retarded what it does
they only intended it to work like traditional poise did early into development

Thank you Kenshiro

I'm starting to think that it's intentional that pvp is so shitty to do if you're the one invading, considering people had so much fun with it in DaS.

You can also do Capra Demon and the Asylum Sage Demon first as well. Also with the game being more open ended means you can go after certain gear to create your build as early as possible. Having this openess adds replayability.

Thinking about it Demon's Souls for how linear it is is still more open ended that DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne. You always have five different areas avalible after 1-1. I do wonder if FromSoft knows what it's strengths are when making these game. While I'm not too bothered the later games have become more linear, it does enhance the game.

Its harder to do in most cases. And I dont think that ds3 will benefit from more elevators.

A lot of PvP issues could easily be solved if invasions disabled summon signs.

Also the Mad Phantom pic should really be a blue, red and orange beating on the purple.

My hopes and dreams of a Fire Witch cosplay died last night. The Immolation Tinder is so undeniably garbage that I just lost all motivation to play that character.

What would you guys recommend for a cosplay playthrough that is not too late into the game (shit like Ornstein, which you need to beat most of the game for) and that has weapons that are actually viable to use? The only thing I can come up with is Abyss Watcher cosplay.

SKELETON MAN
HALF MAN, HALF SKELETON
ANOR LONDO NEEDS ITS HERO BACK

So if the Nameless King was Gwyns son and is god of the Warrior/Heir of Sun/light, who the fuck was Solaire of Astora?

What was the point of his search for his own sun, if the Nameless King abandoned that position to indulge his Dragon fetish?

So…
Dickwairth
With Dark Hand
Make Londor great again?

no thats SKIN MAN

for SKELETON MAN you go naked

Double damage for a short time + 2x dmg taken is better solution. Or faster/bigger lloyds. And may be better catch up, for running away fags. Or "twins" covenant for 2 player invasions, one invader die - both die.
Also weapon enchantments from spells could drain mana for better duration.

Same shit. I tried to make hexer and end up using raw sword for all my problems. Swing with sword 200 dmg, spell 200 dmg but they cost mana and require cast speed ring/dex.

Solaire is just some random dude who really likes the sun. They always denied that he was gwyn son.

r8 mai waifu m8s

inb4 Dark Sword

And also the scholars in Grand Archives.

Either put red summon sign in Halfway Fortress (lots of fight clubs there) or if you just want the covenant rewards, CE the vertebra shackle from killing Hodrick to 30.

Of all the possible outcomes, I didn't expect the caestus-run to give me the sweet revenge on these fuckers.

Fuck off DeS is the only truly non linear game in this series.

Holy shit Yhorm's machete at 45 strength melts absolutely everything. NG+ Champion Gundyr was easy, NG+ Oceiros didn't even shave off an estus use.

Yeah, it was my tool of choice for the endgame. Stamina use seems higher than comparable clubs though.

Cheers man for taking my comment out of context, why don't you read the whole thing instead of cherry picking it.

>Dark Sword
I usually need to see the hairstyle before I rate waifus, but from what I can see, decent face

Fucking love this weapon so much

You think that's shit? Try cosplaying a dungeon jailer and see if you don't break down into tears when you understand what a goddamn PIECE OF LYING SHIT the branding iron is

R8 me fagboi

Dragon's Dogma/10

The character's even a pyromancer/str

they went hollow

Okay what are the rules for these faggot fight clubs? Are they still the same since DeS/DaS, with no healing allowed except after you beat an opponent?

Just got done with 5 different fight where I got sperged on for healing after beating my opponent. The fuck am I supposed to do, fight the next one with 40% health? Is this some Reddit fight club rule shit?

From my experience with random clubs at the pontiff bonfire, you aren't allowed to heal at all at any point unless you use miracles for some reason. Chugging under any circumstances triggers the fuck out of these stupid cunts

Its suppose to be you healing after every fight.

Its dumb, but apparently you go long enough you get free shit from the host. I got a slab after killing like 10 guys.

So I'm at a loss here then. If I broke no "rules", why was I feeling the wrath of every autismal in these fight clubs for healing AFTER beating an opponent?

Pick one and only one

He was a nice guy so I feel bad talking shit but that was really dumb

Why even bother? Poison damage got nerfed so bad it's hardly an itch even without a single point in vigor

These 'fight clubs' are a joke. I usually wait until there is a close fight going and soul stream kill someone, then black crystal out. I cannot wait until the redditors leave

What's a good weapon for an INT build?

it is like you want it to look like shit from the start

Moonlight greatsword is top tier again boys.

Wew lad this thing is good.

Now i just need to make my spells do damage, my soulmasses hit for 70 damage

crystal thrall axe

Should i role cleric or herald if i want to make a Miracle knight?

And yes i know miracles stink. I manly want to help people with co-op.

He thought the cutscene could save him.
He was wrong.

The fuck are you on about

put some points into faith and use the dark version i can't remember the name right now, sorry fam

crystal meme sword has an S rank at 10

Anyone get hatemail on a regular basis? Almost never get any

I wish I did. I have no friends on steam.

No hatemail, but I do get people who get visibly distraught at me beating their ass when I summon them over and over again.

And then when they finally resort to estoc to off me, they then give me a "welcome" gesture. Classic.

These motherfuckers are pure suffering to kill as an INT caster build. Their magic defense is sky fucking high, and my crystal weapon does magic damage meaning he is resistant to all my offensive capabilities.
It takes far longer than it should to poke these bastards to death.

Fucking plebs have no respect

Thanks FROM

Oh, if that counts then yea all the time. The most popular is when I get "mysteriously disconnected" during a fight.

ds2 is the worst game i know
but man i loved that spell

can saves be copied from a pirated version to a steam version?

pls respond

DS2 was shit overall but still had some really cool things I miss

I was planning to do this. It should work but I dont know if steam has aome built in jewery that would detect an unofficial save

Whichever has lower luck and lower int

WOW

did you do that ?

or is that a random occurence because holy shit

So I killed Rotted Greatwood and apparently we flattened the dude from the Mound Makers? Damn, poor guy didn't deserve this.

Do Sirris questline.

yeah but it is good when you mix it with something else

i will go for a non pyro 30INT/Faith build
with focus on multi projectile sorcery and armed him with the darkmoon bow and the onislayer greatbow

what do you think ?

It would probably be helpful to have a chaos, or dark astora greatsword, it scales A with both Faith, and Int .

the crystal chime is not that good with dark magic
+ this character is kinda holy blue phantom

which makes the fact that weapon buffs only scale with int from the sorcery tree and faith from the miracle tree save for the dark blade which being dark scales like dark.

but a 18int/20/fth/14att build wouldn't be too bad for buffing yourself with DP and your shield with great magic shield by having the crystal chime in the right hand 2 slot.

take a greatshield buff it with that after infusing it with simple and you can have fp regen, no stamina cost blocksi have literally sat and let 3 people with ultragreatswords wail on my shield and not even lose stamina or break stance and with the buff not just including more stability but also more absorption which will make your shield capable of blocking 100% of everything.

But then someone throws a Duel Charm at you and you die.

Dragon covenant was in 1, and I don't remember what they did differently in 2 from 1. I liked the armored look, though.

sometimes people will remember to do that.
but in that case id still advise a quality build to get the 18 int needed for great magic shield just because of how having no stam cost blocking can allow you to conserve stamina for more attacks.

What's the deal with winged twinaxes lately? Probably 8/10 duels I see are people with winged twinaxes for the past 2 weeks or so.

Probably because people get bored, and want to try new things and look for new meta shit.

Same thing with Grundy's R2 spam you see everywhere now.

That would explain why every encounter I've had is just attempts at stunlocking with the twinaxes weapon skill.

I thought magic shield didnt work on simple-infused stuff

Trying to get the last shekels so I can finally be done with all the covenant bullshit. What's the best place for a SL120 Mound Maker to invade? I've been trying Central Irithyll since the environment usually does the work for me.
I already killed a million silver knights for the ears and no way I'll be doing the same with those retarded skeletons dressed like afghan ladyboys and their chinese girl cartoon bullshit.

I just want to get this shit done asap. PvP is horrendous - I either get gangbanged, one-shot by parrylords, get fights that last ages because the faggot host would chug horse cum if it meant staying alive for another minute and then there's the people with that sword with that retarded move where they flail around the floor like a fish out of water (I don't even know what the fuck I'm looking at, let alone learn how to deal with it).

Yeah, kinda assblasted over this shit. The fights clubs I ran into after Pontiff were kinda fun, though.

also if you want ez mode invasions try at the 2nd archdragon peak bonfire

You can just summon mad`s. Either way you get 1 per summoned phantom, even if you lose.
But yeah, dragon peak is better than any other place for invasions.

You're right about the charms. That's on me. Especially when I maxed the stock of practically everything; courtesy of ear farming.
Still, the point partly stands. Hosts in the area's starting point and acting all "duel-y" but the moment they feel the heat, here comes the Estus. I'm really shitty at PvP (despite having played all games in the series, this is the first time I'm doing invasions) but still have the decency to not be that much of a nigger when I get jumped. And unless you get Horneted, this game seems to allow a lot more mistakes than any other (got 35 vigor and can take 2 or 3 hits from a heavy weapon).

Yeah, forgot about that.
Incidentally, if From are too stupid to re-implement Indictments, Blues should get ears from summoned reds/purples. I played a full game cycle with the Darkmoon active and was called only once and this with a LOT of dawdling around and farming.

Thanks, anons.

I really hate how your unable to save Greirat at Lothric Castle. I hate how they seemingly have to make every quest end in tragedy.

Guy is a total bro, who ever did his voice acting did a really good job because he seems to show genuine care for the player and just wants to do his part being a thief to provide you a service.

Rest in peace young nigga.

it really sounds like he genuinely misses you

You can allegedly save him in NG+ since you can give Siegward the catarina set you already have, and Patches keeps the one he has so he can go and save him in the Archives with it if you tell him where he went.
I don't know how true that is though.

Hexes, pyromancies and sorceries yeah they are viable. Miracles not so much, as they are about buffs and not offense.

When the game was released both lighting spear and greater lightning spear were OP as shit since they did good damage and most enemies/bosses were weak to lightning.

To balance this FROM decided to take away like 60% of lighting spear and greater lightning spear casts but make the individual attacks stronger so you need to save them for facing a boss.

Now this is when they fucked up, instead of buffing lighting spear and greater lightning spear they reduced the damage so they did less damage than a straight sword R1.

Seeing they fucked up FROM tried to buff lighting spear and greater lightning spear again but FUCKED UP AGAIN and nerfed both, yes they nerfed something which was suppose to get a buff (just like the Dancer's Enchanted Swords).

Then of course they never fixed it before dropping support for DaS2 and SotFS. The only offensive miracles that actually do damage are emit force, wrath of the gods and sunlight blade, everything else (including the DLC spells) are shit.

Auto summon covenants are bugged.

Fucking bullshit.

Bugged how exactly? It seems to be a complete toss-up, I get summoned for aldrichfags often, rarely for farron, and absolutely never for blue and dorkmoon

Like this. Only aldrich seem to work for some reason.

I fucking hate this game.

This is one of my biggest issues with split damage in DaS3, it's just shit. Far better to go pure physical with a buff than get 40 in INT and or FTH with lightning/chaos/dark/magic infusions. The joke is this can be offset if we could buff infusion weapons like in DaS2 so we can at least do decent damage with split damage weapons for the duration of the buff. You can't even buff the blessed infusion which is bullshit.

Using the Lothric Knight Greatsword with lightning blade is great since it's the only weapon with good physical and split attack that you can buff, most innately split damage weapons are either shit at damage for physical or can't be buffed. The dragonslayer's axe is the other weapon that fits in this category

The way auto summon covenants work for PC (not sure about console) is you get put on a "waiting list" based upon how old your Steam account is. So someone with a 10 year old Steam account will never get summoned as long as there are 0-9 year old Steam accounts trying to get summoned as well since they are put on the end of the list.

The workaround for this is to simply family share and transfer your save then transfer it back after you get all your rewards.

I did by some fag youtuber KaptainDietrich or something. It had been the first time I encountered a UGS and honesty didn't really believe the whole "ultra poise" thing.
I can't remember what happened after that I'm pretty sure that I took a short fall which took me out.

This is the dumbest fucking bullshit I've ever heard implemented in anything. What the fuck Fromsoft?

What you expected? Its fromsoft.

twice this has happened to me.
siegward apparently doesn't save him, even when i found greirat's ashes while the onion was in front of the fire.
fuck it, i'll trust a jew to save a jew, then i'll butcher patches, free seigward, and not let greirat go to the castle.

you have to do some horrible things to save people from death or hollowingin this game, and that''s true for real life to.
as we'll all learn soon enough

well that's disappointing. i planned on going pall in ds2.. hell even in ds3 LS are bad and cost too much fp. luckly pyro has good match ups, and sorc is just stupid good when youre at end game

problem solved.

the dark sword can be parried any way setup, predict, or you can stand there get hit twice then parry the third swing.

estoc you pretty much have to predict it. i can never seem to get the parry out fast enough on a setup or during a spam, the attack comes in before the animation even gets off.

they should just nerf the dark swords range, leave the damage and everything else just make it have the range of a straight sword not a fucking spear.

because the only time i struggle against it is coupled with lag, because then the phantom range literally extends to the range of a greatsword with a spear duct taped to the top of it.

seigs quest line is buggy as all hell. If you go to the dungeon before you see him in the kitchen the whole quest is broken. At the end instead of helping with yhorm he will just sit in the cage and dissappear after you.kill yhorm like a lazy fuck

Shit I meant sunlight spear, the only decent spear spell. But even then you need 55 FTH and you only get one scroll due to it being covenant reward and it only has 2 castings until 38 ATT.

I haven't tested it myself but after one of the latest patches I've seen a lot of posts saying that now only Patches can save Greirat.

I managed to consistently get Greirat to survive Irithyll by clearing the area (minus Pontiff) in one sitting; same with Cathedral of the Deep where I try to get to Patches and return Siegward's armor before beating the deacons.

According to Greirat, it's always the onion knight who saves him, even if I also inform Patches.

ive done two runs, one NG+ the other NG++, trusting the onion to save greirat.
both have been failures even after not entering the dungeon until i've recovered greirat's ashes.

loving the sacred lotheric light attack on the twin prince's greatsword though so at least getting to NG++ is rewarded.

patches requires the armor to go save him, so it's assumed that he wore it.

What's up with the Fallen Knight set? Why does everybody use it? Is a bubble lookin helmet inside a hood so cool and appealing?

And it amazes me just how balanced this little bastard is in 2 compared to 3. You get one poke roughly every half a second, and it takes about a 1/4th of a second to even get the poke out.

Meanwhile in DaS 3, there is no windup, pokes come out faster as fuck, and the sword is even longer than in DaS 2. Fix this shit, From. Just make it like 2's estoc, and the problem is solved.

You'd think From of all people would just take the models and settings from an older game and reuse them.

The 1H R2's in DaS2 are hardly balanced.

Compare it to 3, and it definitely is balanced.

Look at this twitch streaming fucking faggot.

Hides.
Summoned an army of blues.
Then runs away after 30 minutes.

I cant wait till I can use CE to punish these fags like back in the glory days of DaS 3.

You are both just as bad

Stream sniping streamers isn't as fun unless your hacking.
Trust me, I've tried it on multiple games, and regular deaths/loses no sweat, but someone dies to a hacker and the entire stream chat starts sending impotent rage messages.

You can easily have a SL 120 or even higher give weapons to a SL 1 through the stupid password matchmaking system
You can make all NPC summons invincible which makes it extremely easy to breeze through the game as a SL1 with no upgraded gear. The only bosses with no summons are Iundex Gundyr, the Curse Rotted Greatwood, Wolnir, Aldrich, Ancient Wyvern and Nameless King. Only Gundyr, Wolnir and Aldrich are mandatory with Aldrich being the only problem which becomes not a problem with both Carthus rings, barbed straight sword with Carthus rouge and the knight ring if you wanna 1 hand it (you need to exploit the Dancer before Vordt anyway).

Check your head m8, it isn't on straight.

you can go back to any area and invade once the boss is dead

So, what? Every invader is doing this now? We were easily invaded 10+ times going from the start of the game to Cathedral of the Deep. Almost all of them have more estus than the host (meaning they likely have max, since it's halved for them), and are full heals.

Yes, but level matchmaking and weapon matchmaking suggest this isn't a likely happenstance.

I'm not ganking, retard. We're not hunting invaders down. We're trying to play the game. I'm bitching about invaders showing the absolute most amount of cowardice. We had an invader in the cathedral who invaded us from the get go. He would always run into the groups of enemies and look for openings to attack. During the chaos, he's try to attack the host, we'd slap him down, he'd retreat, estus, and continue doing the same thing. The fight lasted so long from him running away like a coward and constantly healing, that we made it through the first shortcut, continued further on, where he tried to cheap shot us when fighting the giant, which we killed the giant, tried to engage him, and he just kept running back toward the enemies. The host has 5 estus+1, and the invader clearly had 7 estus+10 and was the biggest coward imaginable. We had already gotten the shortcut, so the invasion was largely a failure on his part, other than to waste time. Despite all of this, he still held back behind enemies, waiting for us to run out of resources, which we did, and simply disconnected. We had not lost progress, in fact, we gained ground and got the shortcut and killed the giant, but the guy completely wasted our time. I'm clearly out of touch with this series at this point.

You don't get to demand honorabu duels when you have a phantom nigger stuck to your ass. Either sit down and clearly gesture you both intend to 1v1 or get bent

You can easily get 12 +7 estus (so 6) before you kill 3 lords.

The smarter ones, yes. If you know you are going into a 1v2/1v3 on average you'll be prepared to do so to help mitigate the disadvantage.

Giving yourself estus shards/bone shards are one of the obvious flags for softbanning.

Is your friend fucking retarded? You can easily get 9 +3 estus at the Cathedral, 8 +2 if they haven't touched Farron Keep. Not only that but how much estus did you have?
An invader that actually played like an invader and you ALT+F4-ed out of cowardice.

Do you understand there are no rules in invasions? You can bum rush him, you can run to the bonfire and summon more phantoms.

Why aren't you in way of blue since it's obvious you need the help.

Just summon some blues to help you.

Well I'd be on your side if you were talking about invaders bitching out and running into mobs 1v1. However, since you're doing co-op run, the invader has no inclination to "honorable duel" BOTH of you.

And yet it ends up being 2 v the entire stage.

We're password summoning. I just want to play with my friend. I ultimately want to be left alone. I can't go into a level for even five minutes without an invasion.

What ultimately makes me mad is the fact that they have weapon upgrade level limits in matchmaking, but what has really been screwing us is estus use. I wish they'd work with matchmaking regarding that, too.

In a game where you can and should be going 1 against the entire stage. It just seems you are complete shit at the game

Apparently you missed that part.

If you are having trouble with mobs ESPECIALLY in cathedral which doesn't have any difficult ones after playing through the games that many times, you truly are horrible at this game.

You can remove the password after you get summon so a blue can be summoned.

To have 5 +1 estuses you must be ignoring most of the map. Get the tower key so you can get the estus ring and the estus shard near Snugly. You've obviously missed estus/bone shards in previous areas so just go get them so you can actually have 9 +3 estuses before you fight the deacons.

How can you beat the game three times X DOUBT and be so behind on healing items?

That isn't what the Souls series is about, its about a solo journey through a world. Your supposed to feel outnumbered and overwhelmed when youa are moving through areas. Its all apart of the game.

So if you want to get on teamspeak and "co-op" your way through the game the game is going to make you play for that. Just as they always have. Want your full health bar in Demon Souls ? Ok go human, but now prepare to get invaded.
Having trouble with Smough and Ornstein ? Want ot bitch out and use summons ? Prepare for a +10 Lightning Katana to stab you in the back.

Dont want to get invaded ?
Don't go through an area embered.

And if your butthurt about invaders using something to their advantage when:
A. You have extra health as a host
B. You have infinite summons as a host both sign and way of the bitch
C. You can have summons on demand with password matchmaking aka "I am at x location now friend please drop your sign im about die"
D. Every invader you kill gets you a estus back
E. There are monsters you can kill to get estus back
F. Group healing miracles Group buffing miracles
G. You can coordinate your attacks with a friend
H. You are fighting 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, upt to 1v5 at times
I. You can use a Seed of A Tree of Giants

If you still complain with all those factors in your favor you need a metic fuck ton of get good.

You have no idea what reds/invaders have to go through in this game to get a host kill, you have to wade through a black swamp of subhuman shitters who will use every cheap thing imaginable and every shitty tactic they can think up to "get that win".

After surviving your ten thousandth gank of the day, mercy is not even a word in your dictionary as an invader.

I used to show mercy as a red, not any more Dark Souls 3 changed all that.

I agree with everything you just said, but also holy fuck, absolutely shitter-shattered red phantom detected

Just. Stop.

nigger its a random dark souls image from my v folder

YOUR A FUCKING WHITE PHANTOM.
Don't be judging my culture as a red and shit whitey.

Also anyone know if Hollow Weapons are viable ?

I think I might try a luck build with bleed.
Maybe use the Anri sword, I heard its AR gets pretty insane with Luck.

I've heard its actually pretty good. Although bleed is insanely easy to get around if you know what you are doing.

Damn pyro is stronk in this game, after being LoC, I made a run at the Nameless king and was able to 4 shot KotS with dark fireballs. i still got fugged by the nameless king

beating* but i guess i was correct since i usurped the flame

But that's wrong, you shit-eating ape
This game, from the ground-fucking-up, has been obviously designed with Co-Op in mind. Gank squads wouldn't be so goddamn prevalent otherwise. Do you really think the same team that made the first game went and looked at the horseshit Scholar of the First Sin pulled and went 'well, we need this to be a solo journey so why don't we just put in the exact same multiplayer model of 2-3 phantoms on 1-2 invaders at all times? It'll make it more personal and overwhelming if we just make it so that nearly every bloated-ass zone can be run through by an entire sunbro warparty, right?'
If it's about a solo journey, why does it look like a goddamn Icewind Dale game, cunt?

Cross-posting from halfchan.

Make your dragon waifu great again.

Anyone know how to make fists viable ?

I fought a guy who was using fists that actually did good damage.

I killed him the first time we fought them he got me the second time.

I feel like he was using a Flynns Ring, because he had next to no armor. I'm just not sure how he was able to get them to do such good damage. I'm trying to use the planner to figure it out but I cant seem to find it. I'm betting he had at least 300 AR.

Can someone explain how the darkmoon family sharing fix works? Am I stuck playing on the smurf account everytime I want to darkmoon at all?

fucking kill me

when i need heavy games on another chracter i got blade grasses, when i need blade grass i get heavy gems

wut the fukkkkkkkkkkkkk