Steins;Gate 0 is Coming West

techraptor.net/content/steinsgate-0-confirmed-2016-western-release

El Psy Kongroo.

There's no chance this translation can get meme'd up, right?

If anything it'll be a bit engrish-y, since it's looking like it'll be an in-house translation.

I had kind of hoped this would be a true sequel. Instead it's just the story of Beta-Timeline Okabe who eventually sends the message back for Okabe-Prime to tell him how to get to Steins;Gate.

That's pretty cool.
The last game was very nicely translated so I hope it's the same people translating it,

I hope it doesn't retroactively ruin the first game though by some ungodly story and retconning.

Call me cautiously optimistic,

You know there is a spoiler function, right?

The games have Japanese memes that may be difficult to TL.

But I thought they did a good enough job with Stein's gate on the ps3.

That's not a spoiler. That was the Japanese press release for the game.

Fair enough.

TU TURUU

Read the link; the main guy that translated the first game isn't on Zero.

That being said, most people that imported the S;G 0 have said that it's even better than the first one.

Well technically there is an OVA special and a movie that take place after the events of the VN the OVA is a beach episode and the movie isn't that good

The OVA and the movie aren't canon.

Only Zero is canon besides the original game/anime.

Steins;Gate is a great anime series.

Shame that it took literally 9 episodes to actually get interesting. The first several hours was insanely boring.

Translation is in-house. It'll probably be a little engrish-y, but it won't be memed up.

I saw the movie. It's was…okay. The only "ova" I saw was technically treated as the 25th episode of the anime where they go to LA. There's no beach though.

Accurate adaptations of VNs can be rooooough.

Oh I didn't know that. Well as long as it isn't Nintendo it should be all right. These games are niché vns.

Visual Novels are not video games.

Really now?
That actually makes me excited.

I really liked the first one and thought that it was very emotionally appealing.
The characters were endearing too.
It made me cry.
Too bad the MC stayed a chuuni by the end though.

It was the first VN I actually bothered with and was shocked at how good it was.
I liked it more than Unteralterbach.

I wonder if it's ever discussed here and I simply always miss it.

I just used those since they are the only things I know of that take place after the VN I didn't know they were non-canon, I don't really know how you could make a S;G sequel that wasn't a retread of previous ideas though.

I must have been thinking of another OVA then with a beach scene, I do remember that the lab members go to America and Okabe and Kurisu kiss

Well, I was thinking of waiting til I had a couple more years of Japanese under my belt then importing this but I guess fuck that now unless the translation ends up being garbage. There's still that one dating sim spinoff or whatever and Robotic;Notes that still haven't been translated so I can still give those a go eventually.

Is this something to TUTURUU~ about?

Zero is basically the story of the Okabe from the Alpha Worldline that gave up after he accidentally killed Kurisu.

In short, Zero is about everything that had to happen on that worldline in order for the True End of the first VN to be possible. It's the story of a broken Okabe, in a world that is doomed to World War 3.

Maybe. The only other "in-house" Steins;Gate related translation had Tuturuu as Toodle-loo.

That being said, PQube is on the translation as well - and they'll probably make sure things are half-decent at worst.

That's fucking stupid. Tuturuu is Tuturuu I'm glad PQube didn't muck that up in the PS4/Vita release for Steins;Gate

Even Funimation left her saying Tuturuu. Jesus Christ if you can't do better than them holy shit nigger what are you doing?

PS3/Vita.

The Japanese PS4 release of Steins;Gate - Steins;Gate HD, since it's the only version to be 1080p - hasn't come west yet.

I'd never even heard of the toodle-loo thing until now. That wasnt even in Funi's eng dub of the anime either, was it?

Ah right, my bad.

Toodle-loo was in the manga.

And the manga was shit.

The manga was shit, yes, but it was also an in-house translation.

That's what the worry is about.

What the fuck happened to mayuris sprite?

What the fuck? She looks so weird.

I don't see what's wrong with it.

Oh god why, maybe engrish isn't the best way to go…
though PQube did a splendid job on the PS3/Vita versions for S;G, and they're doing S;G0 for PS4/Vita, so I'm not worried.

What's wrong with it? Looks like Mayuri to me.

The manga also had "Sweet 16" instead of Celeb-17, Faris Meow-Meow instead of Faris NyanNyan, Kristina instead of Cristina, and more.

It's a very poor translation.

That's terrible. I never touched the manga anyway, but jesus, fan-translation would've been better than that shit.

Seriously, what's up with her sprite? I don't see anything different from old Mayuri except a different shirt and slightly shorter hair(?)

how long did you spend on this

They changed it, I hate it, It sucks.

What? She barely looks any different, barely-noticeable haircut aside.

She IS older now too you know, she isn't a highschooler anymore in this iirc. She's grown up

Is it me or are the PS4 and Vita getting a lot of releases lately? They always end up on PC months or years later, but still.

I see it.

Neither is gamer gate or all the eceleb cunts that get threads here.

Ferris Meow-meow?!

Anime was great.
So was robotic notes.
I hope this will get an adaptation too because I fucking hate VNs as a media.

Less than 1min.

Why

Did you even play it? Or watched the anime?

0 usually means something before 1, logically a prequel.
Japs especially love this shit for some reason.

But with stein's gate being somewhat unconventional it might mean alternate timeline or something similar.

I feel like avoiding all the VNs from this dev simply because of their retarded use of semicolons.

steins gate was shitty tbh

FOR THE FBI

Reminder that Chaos;Head was better