Why the fuck hasn't there been any Fukushima games yet?

Why the fuck hasn't there been any Fukushima games yet?

What happened to the original STALKER devs anyways?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/56377782
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nintendo happened

IIRC, their latest game was Survivarium, some F2P shooter, never bothered to try it.

Some of them also made a walking sim, but I can't remember what it was.

I would really like a game set in japan that isn't a weebfest, there seem to be so little that aren't also set in the past.

Jap horror FPS with dust monsters that can regenerate into new limbs/monsters

The team behind Survarium has some of the people from the original STALKER team. Some others (level designers I believe) where involved in the walking simulator mentioned here (Cradle). The rest of the team is currently working on Cossacks 3 as far as I know.

So… Who owns the Stalker IP?

Fug, forgot the video.

I believe the original owner of GSC games owns it and he is a massive cunt. Still, there are plenty of good post apocalyptic IPs that could be turned into awesome games.

Are there?

Probably the same reason there hasn't been a Syria/Ukraine game yet; it's inconvenient to admit that Fukushima happened and could have been prevented

Of course. Books and comics mainly. I'd love to see a Stalker-like game based on WAR III. I won't make the webm again and I lost the file, but jump to the 10:19 mark on this video for a little tease of the content of the comic.
vimeo.com/56377782

There is also this one right here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic
That could give you all the elements from STALKER with more options for the setting than just somewhere between Russia and Ukraine.

What I'd like to see out of something out of a Japocalypse would be some cultural spiritual/science mixed shit.
Your general mutants and shit, along with things out of the culture like Oni and shit, coming out of portals ala Doom.

Different loadouts for different enemy types, so for mutants you have the standard array of armor/guns, with demons you could use shit like charms and curses/traditional clothes to ward off effects, like debuffs and DoT's.

Something that came to mind is wandering cities via connected skyscrapers, with the ground being the most dangerous point due to radiation/mobs with big rewards, highest points being safespots and camp-outs with other scavengers, but picked clean. Pripyat in STALKER gave some nice vibes, and I'd like to see more shit like it that isn't so linear.

That would be pretty neat, like a less weebo Onimusha 3. The problem with Japan as a setting that seeing any firearm at all would be weird and out of place as fuck, the island is as no-guns as it gets.

Same reason too, no one wants to make a game where NATO is objectively the bad worst guy

Raids on JSDF bases and outposts, perhaps? Also, rural communities tend to have firearms for hunting and the like.

Could also do the whole STALKER thing with the black market smuggling guns/ammo and food in. Random airdrops around cities/forests filled with loots, other survivors/bandits go look for them too, shit like that.

If you ever played that game Nether, it had a similar system, was actually a lot of fun traversing the environment to get to airdrops, especially if it was dropped near where a ton of mutants decided to roost.

Rural areas have double barreled shotguns and shit of the like and not even in quantities (and mostly up north as far as I know). Maybe if the out burst of demonic shit brought along some sort of precious and valuable items/artifacts with them that would motivate mercenaries and random people into literally going to the gates of hell to kill and get killed. Otherwise it would seem illogical to drop weapons and develop a black market if those living there don't have something valuable to pay with.

Well you see user there's a solution to your weapon problem they use katanas

Good point. Outside of ripping off STALKER's whole "Harvest their parts, they do medical shit," or the artifacts, not much point outside of "Let's throw the poor fuckers a bone."

Seeing a bunch of crazy Samurai getting into roving bands of mutants/demons would be pretty entertaining. Some fuck tries to bring back the Shogunate, start seeing masses of armed crazies.

Getting into fights with*

Bows should be plausible, swords as well. Some weird homemade guns if set far enough after the event, but reliant on different principles because of scarcity of conventional ammo. Steam guns being an obvious possibility, there are also guns that accelerate bullets by rotating them through a spiral. Not the most accurate guns and unwieldy as fuck but they pack quite a punch and don't need gunpowder or other explosives, just metal balls and electricity. Homemade crossbows could also be used.

Just play Shin Megami Tensei, you stupid motherfucker. Like half the games in that franchise are about a Japanese technomagical apocalypse.

All of my whats. I hope you're not talking about coilguns because that's not how they work.

Stalker like games, not turn-based Jap shit.

Play Hellgate: London, you stupid motherfucker.

Failing that, go get some /tg/ friends and play some Shadowrun, you stupid motherfucker.

Nope. Was on a jewtube channel about slingshots. Those things are fucking huge and powered by electric drills/screwdrivers. The madman actually built variants that fire full auto salvos.

Are you talking about the fucker who ended up making the minigun with marbles?

I can only imagine Dark Souls mixed with Stalker and Metal Gear gameplay in Fukushima setting.
I have shit taste, i know.

Don't know but that sounds exactly like his kind of glorious autism.

Wouldn't want anybody prying into that Israeli security company's irregular activities now, would we?

Well, you can start to calm down now, retard. Hellgate is shit and /tg/ is filled with faggots. Also, I never said anything about technomagical anything, it was the other user, I was only pointing out that the Shin Megami tensei series wasn't exactly the kind of game we are talking about here.

You mean with shit gameplay?

Is that civil war in Ukraine still going on?
Absolutely no News outlets cover it anymore.

yeah, it's still going on. the mainstream media has moved on for a couple of reasons:

1: the lines are pretty static right now. large parts of the ukrainian army defected to the separatists and a lot of them got hurt trying to dig out the rebels in a couple of towns in the east, and the only response they had was to shell the villages, which gets extremely bad PR

2: lots of "proof" of russian aggression was provably fabricated (there were satellite photos of "russian artillery" moving over the russian/ukrainian border that were shown to actually be old NATO photos of troop concentrations during Kosovo, but I could be misremembering this)

3: the ukrainian leadership is proving to be more and more sinister - they just recently, like the other day, stated "we will take crimea back at all costs", lots of people think that the shootings during the maidan protests might have been by groups that poroshenko funded (right sector, a group of ultranationalists with ties to neo-nazi groups being one of them), and poroshenko basically immediately sold out ukraine to rich oligarchs - which was pretty much the exact same problem they had before

in all honesty though i have a super pro-russian slant on this so do your own research, just remember that every single news agency out there is pushing a narrative for one side or another (a good way to measure it is how they refer to the rebels: if they're "freedom fighters" or "separatists" it's pro-Russian, if they're "insurgents" it's pro-NATO). if you're really lucky, try finding an actual ukrainian and talking to them