Hey Holla Forums, I'd like to get into cRPGS, any recomendations to where to start?

Hey Holla Forums, I'd like to get into cRPGS, any recomendations to where to start?
Thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fallout 1 and 2.
People also seem to love Baldur's Gate, although I really don't get it

Might and magic series
Risen 1
Gothic 1 and 2
Arguably morrowind
Fallout 1 and 2
Ultima

Don't bother, they're shit. There's a reason we've dropped isometric, turn-based DnD fests.

Fuck off. Just because you have adhd and cant handle there being no action at all times doesnt mean we cant have our shit.

Already tried M&M, didn't really liked it

Never tried Risen, gothic or ultima, can I roleplay?

Fallout 1 and 2 downloaded

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

good list

Start with Fallout 1, its short and sweet, Gothic is kind of difficult and I'd not recommend it to a beginner, Risen is a good alternative for someone who's new to these games. Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask Of The Betrayer expansion is good, ignore the base game though.

Not too, too much. Fallout and Morrowind would be much better for that.

Risen, gothic, and ultima all have predetermined characters, but there is quite a bit of roleplaying in them. Depends if youre looking specifically for games with character customization.

Fallout 1 it is then, thank you

as others have said ITT, pic related is the perfect introduction to the world of cRPGs. It's fairly simple and straightforward, but fantastic for roleplaying.

So, should I start with 1 or 2?

Good luck, op.

1, always start with the first.

Admit it Holla Forums, you'd have sex with young Sting, regardless if you're gay or not.

This guy was fucking hot and fit as shit when he was younger, i bet he banged 3 random girls every night every day of his life for years.

1, sorry. 1 is the much better place to start.

Bring your shit to /cuteboys/ or somthing. Stop gaying up this board, faggot.

Planescape: Torment which I absolutely love, Deus Ex which a lot of people love but I didn't find that impressive and Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines which I found 2spooky4me.

Avernum games if you like simpler turn based combat and lots and lots of exploration

Deus ex aged badly

what? did you just get to the haunted hotel and piss your pants?

Planescape: Torment is a great game, but it starts pretty slow. I wouldn't recommend it for someone2nd or 3rd. looking to get into the genre, but maybe as a

I'm weak to spooky stuff.

"He's behind you!". I turn around. He's right fucking there. Exit game. Uninstall. Delete remaining files. Remove torrent + remove files from hard drive.

But on the other hand, Baldur's Gate 1 has a weak story and shit tier story telling. And it's also extremely frustrating at low levels. That assassin at the friendly arm inn or that ogre just south of the inn.

I'd say Fallout 1>2 are a good starting point for older cRPGs though.