Other than Static Shock is there a single show with a black main character...

Jordan Lopez
Jordan Lopez

barely, if any, of the main characters are white
they're good shows with lots of action, a consistent overarching plot, fun dialog and fun characters
nobody cares about the cast's race

Other than Static Shock is there a single show with a black main character that's remotely as good as these three?

Robert Perez
Robert Perez

Other than Static Shock is there a single show with a black main character that's remotely as good as these three?
No, because you add minorities into a show, it's usually done to add some flavor to the world and make it feel more fleshed out. But the moment you add a nigger, everyone rants and screams about how you need to have the entire show be about how terrible niggers have it in life and they can't have any personality beyond why racism has effected their life. Static Shock got to avoid this because, as a saturday morning cartoon, it was told to avoid racism because it's a complicated subject, making it the best cartoon with a black protagonist the world could ever have.

Juan Ortiz
Juan Ortiz

Here's one. Cyborg (and also Bumblebee, and Mas/Menos) never bring up their race or being black.

They even have a "muh racism" episode when it is revealed that Starfire is a filthy useless Troq, and Cyborg's is able to relate because he is… half machine. The obvious poor blacks narrative is completely sidestepped. Cyborg could have been any race and the script would have been written the exact same.

Connor Johnson
Connor Johnson

I can't decide if that moment is supposed to be a sort of joke, where anyone above the age of 10 knows he was clearly supposed to say "Because I'm black," or if it was supposed to be indicative of his character that he identifies more as a Cyborg than he did as a black man.

Benjamin Taylor
Benjamin Taylor

How about Proud Family?

Carson Cruz
Carson Cruz

To be fair, the only parts of Cyborg that are black are half a bicep and a big chunk of his head.

Easton Smith
Easton Smith

Static Shock is the best cartoon with a black MC
Trips confirm, I remember the episode where Richies Dad hates blacks and that time he went to Africa were the only episodes where race and race relations are even mentioned I think.

Christopher Cruz
Christopher Cruz

Everyone knows that's the best way to have a minority in a cartoon, OP. Just have a minority and treat him like you would anyone else, that's it. It's super obvious and not a particularly hard thing to do, you just change someone's color and maybe shape a little.
The only people who don't know this are racist race baiting liberals who have something to gain from pushing the "progressive" agenda.

Lucas Wright
Lucas Wright

Avatar doesn't count since all the characters came from their own homogeneous cultures of similar race.

Gabriel Taylor
Gabriel Taylor

Just like Jackie Chan Adventure and Xiaolin Showdown. What's your point?

Christopher Lewis
Christopher Lewis

using Avatar as an example of a show with non-white characters
that doesn't really work because Avatar takes place in a fictional world with fictional races of people that is never stated to be related to the real world. it's not like LotR where you can argue the characters are white because it was intended to be an alternate history of Earth. The only reason why people perceive characters in Avatar as being of certain real-life races is because they have been given cultural traits characteristic of those real-life races. Obviously the Air Nomads are supposed to be based on Tibetan monks, but that doesn’t mean they are actually in the same racial group as real-life Tibetans. It’s also pointless to try and make that argument based on physical characteristics because the characters rarely have such distinct physiologies as people of real races. It is rare that the “Asian” characters in Avatar have the eye structure typical of real-life Asians, and even when they do, it is typically not shared by even other characters in the same racial group.

Daniel Gonzalez
Daniel Gonzalez

And Justice League, but ensemble shows where the main character rotates are a bit of an out.

Jaxson Gray
Jaxson Gray

Its a bait thread dumbass

Adam Stewart
Adam Stewart

That and McDuffie knew how to write a cartoon, unlike most people. I loved how the villains were too caught up in their gang shit to try and actually use their powers.
Obviously.

Lucas Davis
Lucas Davis

Literally the reason why any SJW-leaning non-black writer always write them in the blandest and most boring way in an attempt to be totally inoffensive.

Liam Fisher
Liam Fisher

With Jackie Chan adventures I liked the first 2 seasons that and some of the Chinese mythology was played decently enough. Should Jake Long the American Dragon be included here too since the main character is Chinese and there is a bit of Chinese influence however small.

Chase Collins
Chase Collins

they're good shows with lots of action, a consistent overarching plot, fun dialog and fun characters
Jake Long is none of these things

Landon Reed
Landon Reed

Honestly I always figured Starfire probably wouldn't understand what Cyborg meant by referring to his skin when Beast Boy is green, Raven is gray, and Starfire herself is kinda oranfe.

Chase Thomas
Chase Thomas

/bait/index.html

Blake Lewis
Blake Lewis

No one mentioned Boondocks yet?

Austin Morris
Austin Morris

It doesn't count. The characters make a very big deal about race, as the entire show is a critique on Black Culture. It still manages to be a good show because it honestly looks at Black Culture and doesn't complain about whitey the whole time.

Jaxon Young
Jaxon Young

What was the Static comic like compared to the Static Shock cartoon?

Christian Hughes
Christian Hughes

Like all comics highly dependant on what author and run you looked at. His mom was alive in the comic canon though.

Ayden Torres
Ayden Torres

Did any of the other Milestone characters show up, like Icon or Blood Syndicate or Hardware?

Jeremiah Phillips
Jeremiah Phillips

doesn't complain about whitey the whole time.
This is Huey's entire character.

Evan Diaz
Evan Diaz

Meant for

Ian Watson
Ian Watson

I though he criticized white people and lamented black culture? That or he's the mouthpiece for Aaron McGruder.

Jaxon Bailey
Jaxon Bailey

This. While none of the titans really have happy backstories and have to deal with being who they are, Cyborg's the only one who also has to deal with what he became, since he was just a regular guy before being Cyborg. It's not like it's new for characters to feel a loss of self after losing parts of their original bodies.

It's both, though I believe moreso the former since I don't know much of McGruder himself, other than that he's left-wing, but to what extent and the fraction of it stemming from his being black I'm not sure. Huey is probably the best example of a "woke" character in any work of entertainment, and by best I don't mean agreeable, but the most entertaining since he always got shat on for being the overly political guy

Noah Turner
Noah Turner

Nigga moments would be the third leading cause of death for black men behind pork-chops and FEMA
That line tickles my fancy every time

Cameron Cook
Cameron Cook

I miss this show (the last season was bad) and Black Dynamite

William Watson
William Watson

The racism scene is fucking hilarious, though.
Course I do…
I'm part robot.

Xavier Lee
Xavier Lee

I've always hated Cyborg because he's a nigger, not because of him being part robot.

Cooper Cruz
Cooper Cruz

What do you mean? there were only 3 seasons of the boondocks, and season 3 was one of the best. The fourth season doesnt' exist

Henry Wood
Henry Wood

How?

Grayson Williams
Grayson Williams

I remember how salty people were when he didn't say he understood because he was black. They apparently didn't understand that having over half of your body being machine would get you far more discrimination than being a nigger ever would.

Worse yet, by prioritizing Cyborgs blackness, critics of the scene deliberately choose to ignore the discrimination faced by those with prosthetic limbs or medical implants. Cyborg isn't a "black" hero. He's a DISABLED hero, and people should fucking remember that.

Jacob Cruz
Jacob Cruz

Cyborg's the only one who also has to deal with what he became

All the existing male Robins at the time of the show's creation would have had to deal with becoming orphans, but that's never touched on in the show.

Brandon Edwards
Brandon Edwards

I'm not a big fan of Cyborg as a character, but when you take a good look at his origins, it's pretty clear that he's got lots of reasons to be pissed off. His Dad experimented on him all his life, so he distanced himself from his parents, became a successful turbojock with a promising future, which pissed off his Dad further, then he nearly dies and his Father experiments on him again with freaky alien technology that nearly consumes his entire mind… and now he's got a fucking computer for a brain which makes it hard for him to even think like a normal human being anymore. Him being black hardly enters the picture when it comes to shit that fucks with his life.

Ayden Barnes
Ayden Barnes

I think it is to some degree. Without saying 'Batman,' Robin references his "father" once and looks up to see bats flying around. I think in response to Slade trying to act as Robin's father figure.

Isaiah Peterson
Isaiah Peterson

Here we go.

Cooper Murphy
Cooper Murphy

How much of that is actually explicitly canon in the cartoon?

Grayson Smith
Grayson Smith

All of it, except that I don't think they ever establish him neglecting his "black side."

Ryder Gutierrez
Ryder Gutierrez

The reason why they made him black is to force the issue that he's different. Instead of the discrimination being about him as part machine, they make him black so that's the first thing you focus on.

Nathaniel Sanchez
Nathaniel Sanchez

Nice claim, but I don't see anything supporting it
I'm just remembering wrong or in Batman animated he was actually ok and nice with his father?

Julian Scott
Julian Scott

I'm just remembering wrong or in Batman animated he was actually ok and nice with his father?
Daddy issues depends wildly on the continuity of him, but it's fairly consistent that there ARE daddy issues.

Cooper Jones
Cooper Jones

what the Hell is Xiaolin Showdown? kek looks like a show for slow children

Andrew Allen
Andrew Allen

Fillmore.

Xavier Perez
Xavier Perez

REEE NORMIE REEEEEEEEEE

Cooper Lee
Cooper Lee

implying Xiaolin Shiwdown isn't a normalfag show

Ryder Collins
Ryder Collins

It not only looks retarded, the whole concept is utter shit and not marketable.

You know, people who liked shit back then were the boring kids. So basically, the definition of normal.

Nolan Brooks
Nolan Brooks

Jade is best girl!

Leo Gutierrez
Leo Gutierrez

Obviously.

Charles Wood
Charles Wood

soundless

David Butler
David Butler

Hey /tv/

Joshua Barnes
Joshua Barnes

Jackie Chan Adventures is Holla Forums.

Jeremiah Sullivan
Jeremiah Sullivan

Hey /tv/

Brandon Bell
Brandon Bell

Like you could do better.

Adam Powell
Adam Powell

He's a spammer. Just report and ignore him.

Grayson Lee
Grayson Lee

Her design bothers me. It seems too anime compared to the other characters, and poorly imitated anime at that

Wyatt Murphy
Wyatt Murphy

Princess in the Frog was pretty good honestly.

Angel Garcia
Angel Garcia

Hey /tv/

Kayden Parker
Kayden Parker

That cartoon based on a jewish comedian

Nathaniel Barnes
Nathaniel Barnes

Funny thing is it did tackle racism at one point but not in the "beat your head with a mallet" way, it did a lot of tough subject in really good ways

Mason Robinson
Mason Robinson

there was a Jerry Lewis cartoon
Why would anybody make such a thing?

Kevin Hall
Kevin Hall

Well, she is from Hong Kong.
However, if she were anime, she'd have worn socks.

Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller

However, if she were anime
. It seems too anime compared to the other characters
Do you have anything else than to constantly bitch about non-Holla Forums related shit? I know you're not native to the board but make an actual effort not to be a faggot and talking to yourself won't cause an actual disscusion.

Ian Thompson
Ian Thompson

A failed attempt to cash into a celebrity's face, surprisingly not created by Hannah Barbera.

Levi Gutierrez
Levi Gutierrez

Is that true? I just assumed he was made black to contrast with all the white/silver machine parts.

Matthew King
Matthew King

The black protagonist is the smartest one, later, became head of the all the Earth Operation. Diverse cast of fat, skinny, bald, girly, asian, and black. Nobody gives a fuck.

Parker Rodriguez
Parker Rodriguez

not accurate
Numbah 5, the black one, is the slyest
Number 2 is the smartest

Carter Gomez
Carter Gomez

Like you could do better.
better than a soundless webm
here is your fucking webm with sound

Its not even hard to add sound you dipshit
I ripped the audio from a 10 hour train video and a 5 minute soundtrack for teaching feeling then slapped a gondola gif into it so it would make a decent webm, this gondola with this song exists nowhere else at this moment because I made it just to prove a point to you.
All you need is ffmpeg, the source and the code to rip from a specific part of the video, its not that fucking hard, stop posting webms without sound you fucking cuck.

Logan Morgan
Logan Morgan

Book smart versus street smart.
Numbah 2 was still fucking stupid in some ways.

Robert Nelson
Robert Nelson

Isn't it sort of a variant on 'credit to your people'?

Nathaniel Stewart
Nathaniel Stewart

None of the stuff about his father. Not the slightest mention.
Batman animated he was actually ok and nice with his father?
Batman The Animated Series? From the 90's? He's never shown or spoke of in the entire DCAU. Only the new animated justice movies have him, and I haven't noticed any reference to his family in those, but I haven't watched the newer ones.

Isaiah Martinez
Isaiah Martinez

I disagree.
Remember that a lot of the early and modern inclussion of token race characters are because of executive producers who want to expand the audience target. They don't know about treating said character as any other character as well and that gets reflected in the product.

Bentley King
Bentley King

Steamboat was actually supposed to appeal to black readers.

Lincoln Morgan
Lincoln Morgan

Hey, at least if his black half tries to rise up; all you gotta do is shoot it and throw it in prison but try that with a Terminator and you're fucked.

Bentley Morales
Bentley Morales

I thought that was in there because it was the 50's and it was meant to be a reflection of that time period?

Asher Bell
Asher Bell

Is a part-machine superhero with super strength and jets and lasers and sheeeit
Disabled (aside from the fact he's black)

Andrew King
Andrew King

He'd feel more disabled if he occasionally took his limbs or facial prosthetic off.

Eli Jackson
Eli Jackson

I always thought his design in that show was similar to Kikaida.

Jason Foster
Jason Foster

Spawn, if we're counting shows that aren't for kids.
Also had a movie, in case anyone here actually thinks BP is the first black cape to get a Hollywood movie.

Alexander Rogers
Alexander Rogers

I don't think even the recent wave of cuckchan newfags are dumb enough to think BP was the first.

Carter Cox
Carter Cox

How can you tell if there's a wave of newfags?

sage for off-topic

Ayden Rivera
Ayden Rivera

I honestly didn't care for season 3. It had funny moments, but on the whole I didn't like it as much as the first two.

Dominic Johnson
Dominic Johnson

The fact that she wanted to put the mission first rather than blow up and be super emotional first was pretty good character development for her

Jason Clark
Jason Clark

Do you know the song of that gondola webm? I can't seem to find it, and it's super comfy.
All I found that was close video wise was this

Zachary Bailey
Zachary Bailey

Is that what you say to people with prosthetics?

Luke Cox
Luke Cox

From the top of my head:

Young Justice,
Teen Titans,
Steven Universe,
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy,
Mike, Lu and Ogg

Blake Rodriguez
Blake Rodriguez

I ripped the audio from a 10 hour train video and a 5 minute soundtrack for teaching feeling
yeah he probably does. go play teaching feeling.

Mason Ross
Mason Ross

Afro Samurai? Yeah, I know it's an anime.

Jaxson Torres
Jaxson Torres

I think what he's trying to say is technically, Cyborg's new body doesn't really impede him as much as being forced to rely on a prosthetic limb would. It affects him more socially and mentally than it does physically, so I'm unsure if 'disabled' really applies to him, though I agree that him being half machine is a way bigger factor than him being black.

Michael Hill
Michael Hill

class of 3000

Ryan Morales
Ryan Morales

Fuck, I'm retarded, sorry about that

Attached: 1434881557537.png (9.04 KB, 255x255)

Charles Kelly
Charles Kelly

I liked it and the songs it had were good. The only thing I didn't like was the artstyle. Sometimes it could get wonky like there was this blob that was supposed to be a parrot but I couldn't tell due to the artstyle.

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

Dont forget to pull the trigger user.

Jace Cooper
Jace Cooper

Hype intro
Smooth protag
Goth girl
Great show

Attached: 1521612831489.png (225.57 KB, 600x519)

Blake Wood
Blake Wood

I really miss this show, I hope the sequel series gets made one day.

Ian Adams
Ian Adams

I remember the episode where he is really moppie about being a cyborg and it ends with some kid saying Cyborg is him. The kid showed that he had a prosthetic arm. Cyborg told him that he is like him but not because of the arm.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit