Barely, if any, of the main characters are white

Other than Static Shock is there a single show with a black main character that's remotely as good as these three?

No, because you add minorities into a show, it's usually done to add some flavor to the world and make it feel more fleshed out. But the moment you add a nigger, everyone rants and screams about how you need to have the entire show be about how terrible niggers have it in life and they can't have any personality beyond why racism has effected their life. Static Shock got to avoid this because, as a saturday morning cartoon, it was told to avoid racism because it's a complicated subject, making it the best cartoon with a black protagonist the world could ever have.

Here's one. Cyborg (and also Bumblebee, and Mas/Menos) never bring up their race or being black.

They even have a "muh racism" episode when it is revealed that Starfire is a filthy useless Troq, and Cyborg's is able to relate because he is… half machine. The obvious poor blacks narrative is completely sidestepped. Cyborg could have been any race and the script would have been written the exact same.

I can't decide if that moment is supposed to be a sort of joke, where anyone above the age of 10 knows he was clearly supposed to say "Because I'm black," or if it was supposed to be indicative of his character that he identifies more as a Cyborg than he did as a black man.

How about Proud Family?

To be fair, the only parts of Cyborg that are black are half a bicep and a big chunk of his head.

Trips confirm, I remember the episode where Richies Dad hates blacks and that time he went to Africa were the only episodes where race and race relations are even mentioned I think.

Everyone knows that's the best way to have a minority in a cartoon, OP. Just have a minority and treat him like you would anyone else, that's it. It's super obvious and not a particularly hard thing to do, you just change someone's color and maybe shape a little.
The only people who don't know this are racist race baiting liberals who have something to gain from pushing the "progressive" agenda.

Avatar doesn't count since all the characters came from their own homogeneous cultures of similar race.

Just like Jackie Chan Adventure and Xiaolin Showdown. What's your point?

that doesn't really work because Avatar takes place in a fictional world with fictional races of people that is never stated to be related to the real world. it's not like LotR where you can argue the characters are white because it was intended to be an alternate history of Earth. The only reason why people perceive characters in Avatar as being of certain real-life races is because they have been given cultural traits characteristic of those real-life races. Obviously the Air Nomads are supposed to be based on Tibetan monks, but that doesn’t mean they are actually in the same racial group as real-life Tibetans. It’s also pointless to try and make that argument based on physical characteristics because the characters rarely have such distinct physiologies as people of real races. It is rare that the “Asian” characters in Avatar have the eye structure typical of real-life Asians, and even when they do, it is typically not shared by even other characters in the same racial group.

And Justice League, but ensemble shows where the main character rotates are a bit of an out.

Its a bait thread dumbass

That and McDuffie knew how to write a cartoon, unlike most people. I loved how the villains were too caught up in their gang shit to try and actually use their powers.

Obviously.

Literally the reason why any SJW-leaning non-black writer always write them in the blandest and most boring way in an attempt to be totally inoffensive.

With Jackie Chan adventures I liked the first 2 seasons that and some of the Chinese mythology was played decently enough. Should Jake Long the American Dragon be included here too since the main character is Chinese and there is a bit of Chinese influence however small.

Jake Long is none of these things

Honestly I always figured Starfire probably wouldn't understand what Cyborg meant by referring to his skin when Beast Boy is green, Raven is gray, and Starfire herself is kinda oranfe.

>>>/bait/

No one mentioned Boondocks yet?

It doesn't count. The characters make a very big deal about race, as the entire show is a critique on Black Culture. It still manages to be a good show because it honestly looks at Black Culture and doesn't complain about whitey the whole time.

What was the Static comic like compared to the Static Shock cartoon?

Like all comics highly dependant on what author and run you looked at. His mom was alive in the comic canon though.

Did any of the other Milestone characters show up, like Icon or Blood Syndicate or Hardware?

This is Huey's entire character.

Meant for

I though he criticized white people and lamented black culture? That or he's the mouthpiece for Aaron McGruder.

This. While none of the titans really have happy backstories and have to deal with being who they are, Cyborg's the only one who also has to deal with what he became, since he was just a regular guy before being Cyborg. It's not like it's new for characters to feel a loss of self after losing parts of their original bodies.

It's both, though I believe moreso the former since I don't know much of McGruder himself, other than that he's left-wing, but to what extent and the fraction of it stemming from his being black I'm not sure. Huey is probably the best example of a "woke" character in any work of entertainment, and by best I don't mean agreeable, but the most entertaining since he always got shat on for being the overly political guy

That line tickles my fancy every time

I miss this show (the last season was bad) and Black Dynamite

The racism scene is fucking hilarious, though.

I've always hated Cyborg because he's a nigger, not because of him being part robot.

What do you mean? there were only 3 seasons of the boondocks, and season 3 was one of the best. The fourth season doesnt' exist

How?

I remember how salty people were when he didn't say he understood because he was black. They apparently didn't understand that having over half of your body being machine would get you far more discrimination than being a nigger ever would.

Worse yet, by prioritizing Cyborgs blackness, critics of the scene deliberately choose to ignore the discrimination faced by those with prosthetic limbs or medical implants. Cyborg isn't a "black" hero. He's a DISABLED hero, and people should fucking remember that.

All the existing male Robins at the time of the show's creation would have had to deal with becoming orphans, but that's never touched on in the show.

I'm not a big fan of Cyborg as a character, but when you take a good look at his origins, it's pretty clear that he's got lots of reasons to be pissed off. His Dad experimented on him all his life, so he distanced himself from his parents, became a successful turbojock with a promising future, which pissed off his Dad further, then he nearly dies and his Father experiments on him again with freaky alien technology that nearly consumes his entire mind… and now he's got a fucking computer for a brain which makes it hard for him to even think like a normal human being anymore. Him being black hardly enters the picture when it comes to shit that fucks with his life.

I think it is to some degree. Without saying 'Batman,' Robin references his "father" once and looks up to see bats flying around. I think in response to Slade trying to act as Robin's father figure.

Here we go.

How much of that is actually explicitly canon in the cartoon?

All of it, except that I don't think they ever establish him neglecting his "black side."

The reason why they made him black is to force the issue that he's different. Instead of the discrimination being about him as part machine, they make him black so that's the first thing you focus on.

Nice claim, but I don't see anything supporting it

I'm just remembering wrong or in Batman animated he was actually ok and nice with his father?

Daddy issues depends wildly on the continuity of him, but it's fairly consistent that there ARE daddy issues.

what the Hell is Xiaolin Showdown? kek looks like a show for slow children

Fillmore.

REEE NORMIE REEEEEEEEEE

It not only looks retarded, the whole concept is utter shit and not marketable.

You know, people who liked shit back then were the boring kids. So basically, the definition of normal.

Jade is best girl!

Obviously.

Hey Holla Forums

Jackie Chan Adventures is Holla Forums.

Hey Holla Forums

Like you could do better.

He's a spammer. Just report and ignore him.

Her design bothers me. It seems too anime compared to the other characters, and poorly imitated anime at that

Princess in the Frog was pretty good honestly.

Hey Holla Forums

Funny thing is it did tackle racism at one point but not in the "beat your head with a mallet" way, it did a lot of tough subject in really good ways

Why would anybody make such a thing?

Well, she is from Hong Kong.
However, if she were anime, she'd have worn socks.

Do you have anything else than to constantly bitch about non-Holla Forums related shit? I know you're not native to the board but make an actual effort not to be a faggot and talking to yourself won't cause an actual disscusion.

A failed attempt to cash into a celebrity's face, surprisingly not created by Hannah Barbera.

Is that true? I just assumed he was made black to contrast with all the white/silver machine parts.

The black protagonist is the smartest one, later, became head of the all the Earth Operation. Diverse cast of fat, skinny, bald, girly, asian, and black. Nobody gives a fuck.

not accurate
Numbah 5, the black one, is the slyest
Number 2 is the smartest

here is your fucking webm with sound

Its not even hard to add sound you dipshit
I ripped the audio from a 10 hour train video and a 5 minute soundtrack for teaching feeling then slapped a gondola gif into it so it would make a decent webm, this gondola with this song exists nowhere else at this moment because I made it just to prove a point to you.
All you need is ffmpeg, the source and the code to rip from a specific part of the video, its not that fucking hard, stop posting webms without sound you fucking cuck.

Book smart versus street smart.
Numbah 2 was still fucking stupid in some ways.

Isn't it sort of a variant on 'credit to your people'?

None of the stuff about his father. Not the slightest mention.

Batman The Animated Series? From the 90's? He's never shown or spoke of in the entire DCAU. Only the new animated justice movies have him, and I haven't noticed any reference to his family in those, but I haven't watched the newer ones.

I disagree.
Remember that a lot of the early and modern inclussion of token race characters are because of executive producers who want to expand the audience target. They don't know about treating said character as any other character as well and that gets reflected in the product.

Steamboat was actually supposed to appeal to black readers.

Hey, at least if his black half tries to rise up; all you gotta do is shoot it and throw it in prison but try that with a Terminator and you're fucked.

I thought that was in there because it was the 50's and it was meant to be a reflection of that time period?

He'd feel more disabled if he occasionally took his limbs or facial prosthetic off.

I always thought his design in that show was similar to Kikaida.

Spawn, if we're counting shows that aren't for kids.
Also had a movie, in case anyone here actually thinks BP is the first black cape to get a Hollywood movie.

I don't think even the recent wave of cuckchan newfags are dumb enough to think BP was the first.

How can you tell if there's a wave of newfags?

sage for off-topic

I honestly didn't care for season 3. It had funny moments, but on the whole I didn't like it as much as the first two.

The fact that she wanted to put the mission first rather than blow up and be super emotional first was pretty good character development for her

Do you know the song of that gondola webm? I can't seem to find it, and it's super comfy.
All I found that was close video wise was this

Is that what you say to people with prosthetics?

From the top of my head:

Young Justice,
Teen Titans,
Steven Universe,
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy,
Mike, Lu and Ogg

yeah he probably does. go play teaching feeling.

Afro Samurai? Yeah, I know it's an anime.

I think what he's trying to say is technically, Cyborg's new body doesn't really impede him as much as being forced to rely on a prosthetic limb would. It affects him more socially and mentally than it does physically, so I'm unsure if 'disabled' really applies to him, though I agree that him being half machine is a way bigger factor than him being black.

class of 3000

Fuck, I'm retarded, sorry about that

Attached: 1434881557537.png (255x255, 9.04K)

I liked it and the songs it had were good. The only thing I didn't like was the artstyle. Sometimes it could get wonky like there was this blob that was supposed to be a parrot but I couldn't tell due to the artstyle.

Dont forget to pull the trigger user.

Great show

Attached: 1521612831489.png (600x519, 225.57K)

I really miss this show, I hope the sequel series gets made one day.

I remember the episode where he is really moppie about being a cyborg and it ends with some kid saying Cyborg is him. The kid showed that he had a prosthetic arm. Cyborg told him that he is like him but not because of the arm.