Mediocre games which fanboys defend and love

What's her name, Holla Forums?

Holla Forums isn't a single person, goon

Also your favorite game

Dark Souls.

pretty much this

I would prevent the existence of this fucking game if i could, even to the sacrifice of an nice engine.

Pretty much every game they've made.

Overwatch

Shitty bait thread.

Ohey user, did your thread get spammed?

Template Threads.

I won't be a massive fanboy however, they have lately had some big flops

Don't respond to him user. There's 2-3 dedicated shitposters with a raging hard on for bitching about Kamiya/Platinum. I suspect a coordinated effort, they usually show up in the same threads. Or one shitposter who changes ID's

yeah but none of those games sucked you off or anything

I want to say Star Fox Zero, but the overwhelming response to that game is calling it shit. So it's not like people are defending it.

Probably Overwatch or Nu-Doom.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Metal Gear Solid V
Resident Evil 5
Almost any mediocre game in any Nintendo series except for Metroid Other M

Sage due to meme/template thread.

fucking beat me to it

Also Blizzard games and Valve games
Riot Games and Bethesda too

It's not really an "unpopular opinion" thread when everyone just shits on everything they don't like and call every game they don't like overrated and their fanboys retarded.
It's just a normal Holla Forums thread.

Your favourite game.

Half Life 1 at least let you play the game compared to Half Life 2 which felt like more or a tech demo where you drive around aimlessly.

Your vocabulary must be tiny.

Jazz Jackrabbit.

I love the part where they shit on Apogee for still supporting EGA in 1994 when this doesn't look much better than an Amiga port on Genesis like Zool. This makes it bizarre when fanboys praise its graphics as the second coming and just pathetic for a game released in the two-month interim between Doom 2 and System Shock.

Every modern game release has rabid fanboys that will defend it all fucking day long. I use to just assume it was paid shills on reddit and the like that would post retarded shit but I don't really know.

Just take a look at any Fallout 4 conversation where someone criticizes it.

The Jazz Jackrabbit series had some great music but the game itself was fucked. JJ1 had the camera way too close for how fast you move so it was really easy to get hurt, and JJ2 moved the camera away to try and fix that but to the point you become a speck on the screen. Then there's the whole issue of the controls being floaty as fuck in both.

But nobody has ever cared about HL campaign, consolebabby. The engine is all.

Some of that comes from shills.
A lot also comes from people who have already bought the game, or decided to buy it, or liked the previous game in a series–and also have an irrational emotional connection to the game. They feel like anyone criticizing the game is also criticizing them for liking it or buying it. (And, let's be hones, that happens a lot, at least on Holla Forums.) It's not normal or healthy, but it is shockingly common for people to take criticisms of media personally.
Source: Used to be like that.

Neptunia.

I stopped being a fan of somthing long ago. Now i just accept that the new games in my favorite series are going to be raped or never released.

I don't think there's as many shills as there are people with intense buyer's remorse. Who really wants to admit they wasted as much as $60 on a game that wasn't any good?

Yes, and I understand the PC had some great exclusives, but Jazz is just so out of place among peers like Commander Keen. Demoscene artwork would've been nice for an earlier game, as well, but PC owners were moving on from that stuff in 1994. I don't know why Cliffy B is made out to be some kind of developer's folk hero for designing something so forgettable.

You would think after so many burns and buyers remorse buys, that people would start waiting and thinking before buying games.

No, it's actually worse. They do genuinely like the game (most of the time), they just feel personally attacked when someone shits on a game that they're a fan of.
You can like games that most other people don't without having that kind of irrational connection. For example, I liked Mass Effect 3 a lot, which got shit all over for months and months. But I didn't feel personally criticized, because I didn't make a video game into part of my identity.
I think that kind of defensiveness is more common among young kids, who haven't really developed their personalities yet.

anything by Nintendo, and starbound

Also, go back to SA.

OP

Nintendo games and or Dark Souls but more then anything Dark Souls 2. (I really like souls games, but I can point out the bullshit and bad in them.)
Just because you like something doesn't mean you cant criticize it.

That phrase doesn't make any sense in that context. "What's her name" is supposed to imply that you have been personally and emotionally hurt by something, as it makes a metaphor out of a woman from your past. It's not just a simple equivalent of "name it" or "what is it?".

It is an "unpopular opinion" thread because the point is to shit on things that specifically are loved by a lot of people. It's literally "this is popular but I don't like it".

Nobody defends Dark Souls 2. It's universally recognised as a piece of garbage.

Plebeian taste confirmed.

I swear to god i can't follow your logic.
According to what you said, Holla Forums itself is literally "unpopular opinion: the circlejerk board".

So it's kinda useless to just sage this thread in that case, you'd have to sage the entire board every day somehow.

Bioshock Infinite

Except it's not mediocre it's terrible.

Platform Fighters could be so much more but we're stuck with fucking Smash Bros because no one wants to compete.
Rivals of Aether is meh. Brawhalla is raw garbage and Wavedash Games's platform fighter has yet to show us anything.

Anything made by these people.

Looks like I answered your question, it would be a waste to continue this thread.

/thread

It's a shit-fling thread where the prerequisite for shitting on it is that it has a lot of fanboys, and is therefore somewhat popular.

Not that I'm against shitting on popular things, but you can't deny that connection.

And a sage isn't a downvote, redditor. It's for when you are making a post that doesn't contribute to the discussion. It's rude to not sage when making off-topic posts.

Halo, League and World of Warcraft.

The Dubs Game
check em

When has Holla Forums shat on the good Zelda games or Pokemon?
Majora's Mask is the go-to game for gurl gamers the ones who aren't just playing WoW and LoL since those barely count as games yet Holla Forums is completely fine with them.

I'm so sorry user

fair point

you know what condescension is right? and no, it's not that wet stuff on windows

What is all of them. Videogames are gay and so is this thread.

skyrim

The problem is that it started off pretty good and became average by dark souls 2. Bloodborne was pretty good.

Clearly never been to plebbit or real life.
I have to pick League of Legends. I talk to enough normalfags, and they won't ever shut up about it. Every time we hang out I get to learn about digital sports and some nerd did something which caused their team to go out of position or something. If you are going to play a genre which was considered a close second after water boarding on the best ways to torture people why not pick Dota where they demand less sheckles from you to play.

That's the point, idiot.

Majora's Mask

LoL is DOTA for casuals, DOTA is WC3 for casuals.
Scary reality.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

Any Bioware title, though "mediocre" is being way too generous to shit they've produced in recent years.

Any objections?

Witcher games

pic related

shittiest game I ever returned to the store

Final Fantasy VII

The biggest overlap I see is the type of people I see play league are the people I can imagine playing magic the gathering.

Everything from Naughty Dog that isn't Crash or Jak & Dax.

Anything related to Kirby

Mediocre games that the usual autistic Nintendo fans praise as the 'best games ever'

People who defend this shit clearly has some serious shit issues

>inb4 "its shit" and "Tumblrtale"

nah m8

I think you meant to post HL2

This linear "cinematic" turd.

Anyone who enjoys FF post 10 deserves a gassing

Oh, look. Another shitty bait thread infested with the same retarded hipsters as always.

FF9 and 8 were also shit.

It's time for Miyamoto to stop making games.

I hoped I'd never see it.

Yeah, but i understand why those games have a fanbase. 8 tried to experiment with its gameplay mechanics even though it didn't always work, and 9 had that nostalgic feeling on looking back to the series' past.

10 is where the franchise became formulaic and completely devoid of player urgency, with total linear storytelling and design. Being forced to watch the poorly dubbed and directed cutscenes didn't help.

this.

But Starfox Zero is good, you casual

Fire Emblem Awakening. Fates, too.

You realize everything on that picture you keep spamming has been debunked dozens of times over, right?

People often use this nostalgia excuse for FF9 but I don't get any of that at all. I grew up on the older FFs and FF9 is more like modern ones than the older ones. The only similarity is that FF9 models look more like sprites and there are "black mages" in it, that's about it.

And as far as thieves (or treasure hunters) go, Locke >>>>> Zidane

Why is everybody getting a hard on for the fucking goat, this isn't muslim land.

At first I thought that was a toilet.

Worst 3D zelda.

STALKER, any of them.

Buggy pieces of shit that are nearly unplayable. If you need mods to make a game good, its still a shit game, STALKER is exactly that.

Smash 4. If I could prevent the existence of this game, I would. Its Brawl minus the singleplayer content and even worse balance, the fact that this game is taken seriously in "eSports" is insane.

They did the exact same thing with Metroid.

Gee user, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say when Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess exist.

AVP 1 and 2. Everyone has a nostalgia boner over these two simply because the next 2 were major disappointments.

When in fact their disappointment comes more from wanting a superior AvP 2 which wasn't coded in a piss-poor engine. Plus most of the sad tears come from Avp2010, ACM and Isolation never releasing an editor and the source code in order to mod it properly.

Meanwhile the tiny community in AvP1 and 2 are stuck modding with ancient editors and horrible in-built compiling programs. That's why the boner for an AvP HD remake.

I said even worse, I didn't say it was balanced.

STALKER is great without mods. It may not be as polished as the Call of Duty games you're used to, but it's still a very good game.

Unplayable hit detection, bullshit difficulty (Takes an entire magazine from the starter pistol to kill one enemy from five feet away meanwhile he can just oneshot you with his gun from two miles away), broken AI (Like your AI allies just walking into enemies just to get immediately killed), the game crashes if you heal, broken inventory (Can't pick up certain items even though you blatantly should be able to) and that's just from the hour I played of it.

twilight princess was shit, but it had nice combos and actually tried to make the characters interesting.

Skyward sword is a good game, just not a good zelda game.

You mean realistic shooting? I get if that's not your thing, but it isn't bad.
Aim for the head, dillweed. Or use shotguns. git good
This is a ruse isn't it. Have I been bamboozled?

Wind Waker

Is BB the only AAA Lovecraftian themed game we'll have?

I-I have shit taste and don't get around much… P-pls no b-bully

Quake.

That's wrong. Its a shit Zelda game and a shit game in general. Any game that insists on holding your hand as much as SS did would be shit.

And why is that? Because it wasn't the gritty and dark Zelda faggots like you wanted?

A lot of people say it was due to last year having fuck all come out that the game got so much attention, and its the only reason I can think of about how the game exploded. Not sure why the game made everyone become goat or fish fuckers though.

Oh boy, another thinly veiled unpopular opinions thread.

What's a good one to start from? Thank you kind user

I wasn't aware that bullets are made out of cotton candy, thanks for the info. I think if I got shot in the chest by a pistol, I'd be kinda injured instead of taking six shots to the chest and acting like fucking nothing happened. That's anything but realistic.

Considering how "realistic" STALKER is, the head hitbox probably doesn't exist. There are no shotguns in the beginning of Shadow of Chernobyl from what I remember, just you, a pistol and a bunch of cannon fodder allies to take on a oneshot bandit gang.

No, I dropped it in an hour because the game wasn't worthy of my time, let alone my hard drive space.

You only played an hour so you only have experience with the starting pistol, and you clearly played on easy, because six rounds to the chest would kill you. Stop being a pleb.

Are you playing with a controller? Nigga just crouch and place your shots properly, this game is not hard. Like the other user said, this isn't your call of duty run and gun bullshit.

Some people are just destined to fail.

typical WW babby assuming that everyone that doesn't like it wants the series to be edgy

MGS V

overwatch
dota2/league

Slavaboo with shit taste confirmed

STALKER actively punishes players who choose to play on lower difficulty settings.

Difficulty in STALKER not only impacts weapon damage across the board for both players and NPCs, but it also introduces ghost projectiles at the lower levels, meaning bullets will quite literally phase through targets as if they'd never been hit in the first place.

The "unplayable hit detection" and "bullshit difficulty" is entirely because you're a casual who chose to play on anything other than the highest difficulty, congrats.

I enjoyed Skyward Sword on my first playthrough
Fi didn't bother me She reminded me of HK47 so that helped
and the final boss was hype as fuck.

but yeah Skyward sword has so many goddamn tutorials that it's impossible for me to enjoy it replaying.
so I agree that it's not that good.

Quake 1 is actually the only Quake game that is Lovecraftian

Quake 2 and 4 is space marine vs aliens themed.

and Quake 3 has no campaign it's just multiplayer or Vs Bots.

Earthbound

not even in the top 10 rpgs of it's generation

So what the fuck is this thread?
Just a hipster circlejerk?

What this guy said It's ironic shitposting disguised as board culture.

XCOM 2012

Every game ever made

Other M is the scum of this Earth.

The whole souls series is victim of publishers rushing. All of them could have used one or two more years of dev time to be truly great.

All the ones you people like but not the ones i do. Look how superior i am, now quote me to call me a faggot and i will promptly direct you to read the name of the thread.

obviously a trick because your on Holla Forums therefore you don't play games.

Halo
Half-Life 2
Metroid Prime
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Dungeon Keeper
Tyrian
Raptor

That's all I got.

I only ever played AvP2 and it was one of my favourite games I never touched avp2010 until recently. 2010 isn't even a bad game its just not as good as AvP2

Any 3d zelda
I'm not saying bad for most of them, just mediocre.

He's supposed to be Raoh, you fucking nigger.

This. I would add this game but for the same reason I can't.

I guess I'm one of those fanboys. I'll fite u nigga. Y'all niggas don't even try for A Ranks. That's where the real game is.

That's why to this day they are still crying for HL3. You just proved his point that HL is the best answer in the thread.

The rebuttal wasn't defending amiibos. It was just saying it's stupid to get buttmad that the amiibos aren't required to actually unlock everything, since needing amiibos to unlock everything is one of the main complaints about them. The rebuttal is just saying that it's good that you can completely ignore the amiibos, while the original infographic implied the game would be better if you were required to buy physical dlc to complete the game.

Nocturne

Metroid Prime
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
Hearts of Iron
Civilization
Morrowind
Pretty much every "good" Zelda
Fallout

That's probably the nicest pair of man boobs I've ever seen.

Not caring about other people's opinion helps a lot. The ancient Zen Budhist art developed by monks in a monastery on the remote islands of Sachalin called

will help a lot if you can master it.

I struggle to even defend Fallout as "mediocre". It's just plain shitty.

I like a lot of games I would consider mediocre.

quake, doom and every other le retro meme game you queers think you have to enjoy to fit in

The Crying Game

1 and before were pretty good, dark souls is beaten by any other consoleshit franchise

Also that narrator.

He just sounds so damn forced.

Civ 5
FEAR
Every Blizzard game since Starcraft: Brood Wars

But muh epic narrator lines lol.

nice work mods

the game of creating "vidya culture" threads

But this is a video game thread.

Confirmed for never beaten it on hardest difficulty.

The game is a fucking blast when done so that way.

NIDF is out in full force, it seems.