Vindictus Thread

Haven't seen one of these since the old days of /vg/.

Discuss ded game and post your sluts.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/03/how-south-koreas-government-is-destroying-the-korean-gaming-industry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

r8 this game gameplay anons

cuhrazy/10

are the jews at nexon withholding Dehlia until after their skies of icarus game bombs?

Recently installed to see how much NX shat up the game after I left before the release of Faggis. Since my computer can no longer handle the game, what has changed since then? From what I have read, looks like Karok changed into the most complex class in the game.

Gameplay is the only thing good about the game other than the music and waifubait. Literally everything else is shit.

game is good. end level gameplay is the most boring shit. Hey i wanna try out this new raid but ded game and no friends. Oh look stupid attack requirement boats. how do i get better equipment? stupid amounts of grinding for materials or absolutely retarded amounts of grinding for scrolls to sell in the economy ruined by bots

Solved by getting into a guild that actually has people in it

DEAD GAME

How has lann changed? Is he still the same while all the new characters power creep all over the place?

It's been dead for like two years, m8.

well thats good to know because i haven't played for 2 years

for fucks sake can we at least get an event that is attractive to people whove been playing longer than a month?

and why is pvp so dead? there arent even faggots trading seals in there, every time i log in to fuck somebody up its 0/0/0

I think Kai's an archeryfag, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I don't know who these are. Shill them to me.

Vella is the designated slut, also a pirate, uses twin swords or twin chains (twin chains is basically god of war) shes really fast and versatile

Hurk is a giant faggot with a huge sword and hes easy mode, see:

Arisha is straight out of a fantasy themed fashion show and has like two attacks, shes boring as fuck.

Kai is either a dude with a cool bow good for fucking up raid bosses with crits, flinches, and breaks, or with his alternative weapon, he turns the game into a third person shooter.

Lynn is perfect loli waifu who slaps shit with a stick and requires the most amount of effort among all characters listed, my personal favorite among those youre interested in.

Does it still have retarded ip block?
It's like they hate my shekels.

So is Lann just dead at this point?

The gameplay WAS okay.
The difficulty used to be on a decent curve over the entirety of Season 1.
But then Season 2 came with its fuck-huge Battle Quests. The old 16 potion limit wasn't enough to keep you going for the entire BQ, so they just raised the potion limit to 400. This effectively destroyed Season 1 content being challenging since there is literally nothing stopping you from chugging down a couple dozen potions while running now.

Since then it remained on downhill. Season 2 did a poor job overall. Although towards the end of S1 mobs were started to have a decent lineup and become somewhat relevant (400-pot change aside), Season 2 just gave up on this entirely and mobs never evolved pass "slow and easily avoidable melee + slow and easily avoidable ranged". Instead, the only challenge mobs offered was the flying mobs being impossible to hit due to sometimes just hanging around outside of range, and the insta-spin bullshit from sirens where their attacks windup instantly.
Bosses were also shit. All the raid bosses were just giant fucking sandbags you wail against until its dead, and most of the bosses tried to introduce new mechanics (sometimes capable of oneshotting you if you fail to play around it), but these were always very poorly implemented to the point they were just plain detrimental to the experience.

Season 3 came long later, and although it wasn't as shitty as Season 2 in terms of balance, it still has the same "just chug forever" & "sandbag boss" bullshit going on. It also tried to introduce some new boss mechanics once again, where of course half of them were broken and buggy. The teaser content boss that you had to solo was a great example of this: It has a oneshot attack where you have to go hang on the ledge by walking to the ledge, pressing interact and then pressing left/right in order to keep your balance a la shitty generic balancing flash game.
Half of the time you walked to the edge and pressed interact nothing happened at all. Once you're hanging, you pray that the minigame thing actually works and doesn't just randomly teleport you up for no apparent reason. I think it was commonly agreed that the way to do this minigame was to just disregard it entirely and try to use SP-moves and transform invulnerability to tank through the oneshot attack.

The only way I've found the game enjoyable anymore is by gimping myself and revisiting Season 1 content. Season 2/3 is just downright trash-tier in which Devcat just wants to check every mechanic on its checklist and say that they've done it.

He's still shit.

On EU Lann finally got reworked into usable territory though. Gliding Fury now depends on crits like it does on other versions, and Spear Lann can Gliding Fury and Fury Infusion.

He's not as broken as all the other characters though. But he got buffs and Spear Lann is actually fun to play.

I originally installed the game just to masturbate to Vella, probably in the character editor, but I ended up having some occasional fun with the game too. It can be fun in small doses infrequently.

I think it's about time for my biannual Vindictus streak. There's a Holla Forums clan called Eighty_eight you can apply if you want to join an empty dead group that does nothing in a dead game.

Still those character faces look amazing. Damn Source engine sorcery.

Server?

EU

I would have loved to play this when it was impressive on a low spec system. Still haven't and probably never will. It is good though, I damn well know it, but I can handle missing out on good things.

Play to get lost in the landscape.

Would have made a warrior, who looked like I thought I looked. Or should look. Or just what looks right.

Every quest would be wrong though.
Helping establish stupidity.
Doing what women want is probably ok in return for unrewarded implied fable, talking to their npc girlfriends about me.

More like get gold, get free. Run around from one place to the next don't have to explain that. Real experience directing me to something I don't want to travel from.

Combat was Demon's Souls so I read. Better not be Dragon Age instead.

Demon's Souls itself was kind of a clone. More people making games that do it right are welcome, even if they seem clones.

Integrate somethings good, integrate sone new good things like they are old things that are copied in too.

I might join that one in the next few days, assuming isn't dead. (Which it probably is, until the new sandbag boss comes out.)

I really don't understandu why it was an MMO, you basically get isolated into small parties during any sort of gameplay for the most part. I don't get the point. Post cute spiders.

I wish South Korea wasn't cursed to only make MMO bullshit. This game would have been so much better if it was built from the ground up to be single player / just co-op.

All of their devs are moving out, those who are staying are under tight restrictions.

And worse Korea is already going to the shitter
blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/03/how-south-koreas-government-is-destroying-the-korean-gaming-industry/

Absolutely, if it didn't have all the usual MMO hooks it would have been a lot more respectable. Even if they pushed the co-op angle hard instead.

PvP died when they added juggling, added the possibility to join a match without having to go to channel 1 Rocheste and put a timer for Freematch and Siege Match that would punish you for winning quickly.

I would recommend starting the game with Karok and going with cestus or to start with Lann/Fiona. The reason why I recommend cestus is because of the gameplay and because of the stat benefits you get. Cestus has a high base ATT, you don't have to pay attention to your crit rate and it is far cheaper than to buy Twin Swords, it was also revamped to be more versatile.
You either use Twin Swords, which are expensive due to them being shared by Lann but at least it has decent mobility and has great survivability. Dual Blades are ranged and have pretty good DPS but require a teammate to distract the boss if you want something decent out of it, going solo is fairly lame with the weapon. DB doesn't feel as fun as you expect it to because the attacks don't have the sort of feel that other classes do when you hit something.
Incredibly overpowered due to having massive damage output and being fucking invincible, on top of which his weapons have very high base ATT (which is the only stat that matters because everyone throws you out of the party if you don't have enough) and going glass cannon is actually a good idea making him very easy to gear. Although you have all these benefits, never start with him, his gameplay is incredibly monotonous and the DPS you get will kill the fun in playing any other class if you start with him. His gameplay is just spamming dodge and pressing smash, there is literally nothing else you need to know to outDPS everyone but there is also nothing else you end up doing because the rest of the attacks are slow as fuck and have no purpose.
Glaive is a combination of Twin Swords and Scythe in terms of gameplay. Fast gameplay and how much DPS you have depends on how aggressively you play without killing yourself.
He is, you can use either a bow or a crossgun. Bow is the more fun but has incredibly low DPS, while crossgun is basic as fuck but has some of the highest damage output in the game and has far more survivability.

Forgot
Not really the best character to start with but can deal high damage and is very mobile despite most of the time just standing still.

Dead game killed by Nexon and Devcats are truly fucking stupid.

It's not worth your time. NA version is better than EU version, still shit though.

Sorry m8, but not being able to jump makes NA objectively inferior

Would've agreed with you if Spear Lann didn't get ported to EU.

holy shit you werent kidding
spear lann is still the best

what the fuck

so youd rather it be menu based like warframe? shame on you user.

though since warframe somehow won best mmo of all time, maybe youre right.

I hate the juggling more than anyone user, im a Fio, but its better than just rerunning raids every day, which i refuse to do. PvP was fine just a couple months ago, now suddenly i come back and its gone.

those are the two best characters in the game, user.

it isnt even dead, its sleeping, like it always does between content, i doubt anyone whos played the game for long is serious when they say "dead" because this happens like 3 times a year thanks to a near complete lack of grind removing incentive to play constantly.

jumping is the gayest shit and it kills immersion, fuck off.

Karok can be juggled endlessly because for some reason it ignores the invuln on his recovery animation and sends him back into the air as soon as he touches the ground, while other characters at least get a small time frame during which they are immune and can break free.
Jumping is for BO and for going fast, although I wouldn't mind S2 jumping coming back because whoever programmed the jump for S1 was clearly retarded.

don't have a waifu because i chose Karok, i did not regret this decision

Fighting is alright. Punch enemies into mincemeat, weave and hadouken bosses all day every day.

This.
With every update they somehow manage to make him even more badass

what happened to breakoffs that required skilled use of the spear?

do you honestly think there was an issue there?

Jumping and spears aren't the only ways to BO though, on top of that there are situations where people use both like in Elchulus or in gauntlets when farming titles.

anonpls

Except that is exactly what I said

oh shit, i misread, i thought you said "are the only ways"

is there an NA guild?

I haven't played since level 90 was added. Probably won't until Delia is added. Or I might, dunno. Are new bosses fun? Is 19k atk and 9k def shit with the new stuff?

NFA, halfchan. Dunno about us.

Shit, I like the game and stopped playing a few months ago. Would love to play with some people from here

Those stats are pretty fine, I rarely saw 20k atk requirements for the S3 raids. Lugh is honestly pretty fun, the others seem really gimmicky, except for Ancient glas who I havent fought yet

Has anybody mentioned that your enjoyment of the game hinges solely upon the RNG gods? Want more Crit? RNG. Want more defense? RNG. Want more attack? Fuckin' RNG. I had a good time, but I eventually just quit because of how expensive and frustrating it was to keep playing upkeep on stats.

Private servers when?

The way I compensated for RNG-induced bankrupcy was to have gold ready for a better weapon when I wanted to enhance. So for when I wanted to enhance my +12 Frigg which I had broken once before, I saved up enough gold for a +13 Dragon Mouth for cheaper than usual and once I broke my Frigg, I went for the Dragon Mouth. If you turn bankrupt because of RNG then that simply means you are an impatient cunt. Also taking advantage of ways to earn gold fast is always good, like organising Elchulus BO runs when that shit was still worth a damn or saving up materials you know are going to be expensive as shit during a character release so you can sell them for a far higher price.

Never because NX are cunts and their autism is what killed the game.

I never went bankrupt, no matter what I always had a trusty pair of swords to replace my old ones. The only time I did fuck myself is when I was on the verge of quitting anyway by trying to enchant my swords, but even then I had enough AP to restore them but I was so discontent with the entire experience that I quit shortly after. I just don't understand how people can tolerate this repeated fucking unless you're rich.

I guess the burn-out just slammed me hard when it happened. Couldn't bother with the game anymore after the 90 cap hit.

We do not have one, and the halfchan one is full of legit autists (i wound up with a group of them on a boat and asked if they had any migration members, or if everyone was still from halfchan, all i got was weird, awkward answers and emotes)

I paid for a liscense to make a guild after the last general, but nobody would give me a name for the guild so i sat on it.

If you give me a name, ill make the guild and youll be free to join.

lugh is legitimately one of the five best boss fights ive ever played in any game ever, its fucking platinum tier, INCLUDING the music.

he is worth level 80 alone.

honestly, RNG only matters if youre a massive faggot who would rather pray to a computer system for a good drop than just get good.

I still use fucking ingkells at level 90, purely because i think it looks good, stop being a fucking baby.

Seagh or something along those lines? I tried looking that character up when I offered to buy the guild creation thing in the last general.

8's vagrants
Edgy Eights
Red infinity
8er's
Not good with names but theres some ideas. Alternatively we could use the same guild name as EU

Do other characters have anything as satisfying as Karoks clash?

I would love to try to get back into this game but I know I'm going to have to wait another 4 years before trying to appeal for this shit.

the fuck did you do

The people I played with won the second week of the Zecallion release event.

ITC

So? You were banned for being too good?

I don't know what that event was.

The event was a speedrun event. All you had to do was be the fastest party to kill the boss. This right here should already be showing how this event is going to be terrible since only the top 0.001% of the community could even think about even being able to compete. This became a huge problem fast as after the first week they had to change the winners because of how the in-game timer works (aka complete a mission too fast and you get a wait timer). They changed the winners to reflect that issue being resolved and the winners were a group of dedicated modders that abused the engine of the game to their advantage. Second week comes around and my party was declared the winners of that week. People are upset because they're just screaming that we cheated because one guy uses swords and only has 14k attack (that being me even though I had good enough spears at the time), someone else was a multi-box user, and the last guy was someone we never heard of so we'll throw them under the bus as well. The multi-box guy wasn't even helping out the situation at all because he was shitposting in the forums about how he's a multi-box user. Third week comes around and they banned the first week and second week winners due to cheating. I have no say if the first week winners did modify their files to change values like smash attack damage modifiers, and I will never know if someone in my party fucked with their in-game files because I turn off my HUD in-game to make sure I don't have frame dips because of it (don't know if the new HUD they put in since I've been out drops frames but the old one dropped about 10 FPS by itself).

Well, shit.

I was around for Giga Nigga Karok and the first info leaks of Kai the archer. I played a Twin Blade Lann, which apparently made me the worst piece of shit around because I picked the least efficient character nobody wanted in a party. Which I guess made sense in hindsight, because lag kills twin blade's defense, slip dashing through enemy attacks, and they don't have the fuckhuge DPS twin spears bring to the party.

I ended up quitting when I had to solo bosses for 30 minutes for a chance at getting upgrades and falling prey to the Desire Sensor. It was a fun run though, every boss encounter was intense. I think I stopped right at the point where the twin sword build really starts to pick up, where you get that skill that lets you do a slip slash after a crit so you can maneuver around bosses by critting it.

OC

holy fuck im surprised you remembered
seaghdha

user those all suck

explain further

casualAF

too soon

The only thing even remotely close to it would be Hurk's hold move if you use the bug that lets you deal damage twice but really there is nothing else.

Don't worry, m8, Ellis will come back from the dead for no reason whatsoever because Devcat couldn't figure out how to continue the story with S2.
Anyone have the image of Ukelele being impaled by a couple hundred spears with "merely pretending" under it?

By the way, anyone have the guide to shit up graphics with LOD bias to toaster levels?

I tried adding you and looking you up. Didn't find it. Anyways my Lynn is Binet, I get a bunch of Canadians speaking frog at me on US East.

why do people say this game takes skill? does it actually? comparatively? class dependent? does it require healers? can you carry on skill?

forgot to ask if its possible to make a character that doesn't look anime

cause it doesn't look that difficult. also is there a spear class that's fun to use? something quick and nimble

lann has a dodge thats has invuln frames like the dark souls dodge. vella has a same thing but its way longer and ez modo. fiona has a timed block where you negate all damage and take no shield damage either. really depends on who you play as.

and no. face is always the same, can change other stuff

The game does not require skill to survive but if you want to do decent damage then you definitely need to when you go solo, playing in a party is generally easier anyway because you have people that can carry your ass. Some classes require more skill than others, Hurk requires no skill whatsoever to DPS while classes like Lann are very dependent on how aggressively you play. Every single boss can be beaten solo by every single class (with the exception of one end-game boss), there is no actual dedicated healer although there is one class with two rather decent healing skills.

The classes are restricted to one facial structure so it is really dependent on who you take. But in general no.

Spear Lann has the highest risk-to-reward ratio in the game due to having a very short dodge, rather short range but massive DPS potential. His gameplay is rather simple in comparison to other characters but I see no harm in trying it out. If you don't like it then you can switch to either sword Lann or Lynn if you want a fast character, although both classes are easier.

I made this post hours ago, hit submit, then tabbed out, forgetting to ever do my fucking captcha.
8ch gold account when?

that is quite strange, Ill add you when i can.

yes, its a character action game.

For a good example, I once met a lann who was doing free runs for people so he could practice. Before going into the fight, he unequipped all his armor, and equipped his spears, one party member asked "why did you remove your armor"
he said
"because what im doing wont need it"

he used a self buff that depletes a section of health to boost his attack speed and damage, and before the boss fight used it until he went down to 1 hp
at 1 hp the buff can still be used, but it will no longer deplete hp, however, there is absolutely no way in the game to negate 1hp of damage, he could not get hit a single time.

We then proceeded to watch him clear 15 or so bosses solo.

which leads into your last question, yes, you can carry.

also classes are not dependent, it goes out of its way to stay from the "holy trinity"

thats BDO, not vindictus.
Also depends on the character and your definition of "looking anime"

lets see:
easy character
nerfed boss
fight is set to "normal" (which was the original easy setting)

yep.
pre-50 you play solo on hard without merc potions
post-50 you play either solor or group on hero mode

Also the character is lynn, she uses a glaive.

you triggered me, Im ashamed of what theyve done to fiona to make her casual friendly.
What was wrong with appealing to a niche playerbase? They fucked her up and nobody took her up, the only thing the changes did was make the fio pros get pissed off and in some cases even quit.

They desperately need to destroy those shield damage, extended PG, double counter, and speed patches.
Oh, and remove every shitty thing they did to large shields.
They fucking ruined that character.

what a stupid overgeneralizing thing to say

They should remove Ignition as well while they are at it because it casualised everything to the point where it isn't even funny anymore. I thought it was neat that you had to actually think what consumables you should take into the next battle rather than to just have 400 of each potion and so many slots that you may as well just add all your skills to it to fill up the empty space. Oh yeah and fuck almost every single update to PvP, including the deletion of Boss Brawl and the implementation of juggling, PvP was the only thing to look forward to after having beaten end-game.

It is true though, you can spam dodge all you want because of how much they buffed survivability for all characters. But if you want to deal damage to the enemy more than just chipping 0.01% from their health every five seconds, you are going to have to accept the risks.

The iframes for a lot of dodges have been extended to the point you can just mash it and get out of most situations for free.

For an example, just look at Lann's dash. The skill used to give +0.3s iframes when maxed, but now it gives +0.5s, meaning that the opening between nimble&slip dash is now small/nonexistent to the point you can just mash dodge for a full second of invulnerability.

And if you get hit?
Just chug one of your 400 regular HP pots, or one of your 400 fine HP pots, or one of your 400 superior HP pots, or one of your merc pots that you got from shitty events where they hand this shit out.

The only thing to be afraid of in this game is oneshots or not doing enough damage to kill the boss within the allotted time.

Like lots of folks said ITT, this game has been casualized over and over with a lot of really shitty changes. Much of the appeal is gone and they are just trying to get more whales. The same as every other F2P game these days.
Weaker characters could've easily been made relevant by buffing their damage, but then Devcat can't sell their enhancement runes so yeah.

I thought it was 0.7 now

0.63s, apparently.
Still fucking ridiculous seeing you can spam two in quick succession.

I guess that would mean bow Kai has the lowest survivability one-on-one against bosses in terms of dodge

That would be Lynn since bow Kai still has a lot of i-frames in the dodge and you can Gale Kick for extra distance and a little bit more i-frames.

Lynn has three different types of dodge though, along with a skill that lets them tank everything at the cost of SP

kindly go back to TERA

Oh yea, but i was talking just fiona.

Of course if we mean in general, every single thing han jae ho did needs to die, which would include hurk, the removal of the 5 extra hotkeys, the limiting of all items, and the return of title stats.

I just failed 10 Rank B 10% Damage waking stones in a row

Just fucking end my god damn life that's the same as two +15's from +10 fucking god damn it

You're… joking right?
You do realize that the stamina pool is sufficiently big and the stamina regen with Battle Respiration is sufficiently large to the point that the whole stamina mechanic is a joke that shouldn't even exist, right?
If you max out slip dash and battle respiration, then a slip->nimble dash will cost less stamina than you regenerate within a fucking second. On top of that, your stamina bar is big enough to do at least 7 slip->nimble dashes without regenerating. More if you max out stamina mastery.

And if you for some god-forsaken-reason don't think the stamina is enough, there's Stamina Potions. Makes you regenerate 5 stamina per second for a minute straight, even during actions. Since almost all actions can be performed with even a single point of stamina, this potion effectively gives you infinite fucking stamina. You'll never enter the out-of-breath state you end up in if you have no stamina when you're under the effect of this piece of shit.

And if you need EVEN FUCKING MORE stamina, +stamina enchants and transformation abilities are right there.

Ever played any character past level 40, m8?

Since youre such a couple of tough guys, go ahead and duo zecallion for me, you fail the challenge if you cant keep your STA above 50%

Why don't you just max out Battle Respiration instead of pretending Stamina is a meaningful mechanic?

Why dont you just play the actual game instead of pretending like you can press space button to win?

Shit I never played this past lvl 20 or so,but the last time I played I remember distinctly fighting a pretty big polar bear,I might get back into it.

Why don't you just go cry about crit resistance, faggot?

In fact, he doesn't even need to max it. He just needs to get rank B at the very least.

I would understand if you meant in Arena and Freematch, where stamina consumption really is a huge factor, but in PvE your stamina drain is absolutely pathetic to the point where you aren't punished in the slightest for completely ignoring your stamina bar and just turning off your HUD. Not even Evies gave a shit about stamina and they used to have absolutely no stamina skills whatsoever on top of massive stamina drain on each spell, the only reason anyone took the Evie-only stamina rings end-game was so that they could spam magic arrow for a longer period of time to make use of the attack speed increase from +10-+15 staves. The only class that would in the slightest be inconvenienced would be scythe but they have Insane Reaper, which they spam endlessly for that AS increase.

what the fuck does crit resist have to do with anything?

Ill tell you what, when I next get on the game, im going to go into a boss and do absolutely nothing but dodge, according to people in the thread i will never get hit and never run out of stamina, so Ill record it for the purposes of their vindication.

deal? good.

There has been a shitload more content since then. S1 it top-tier and past that you can see where they started to cut content like how most S2 bosses are just copy-pasted versions of existing boss fights, haven't played S3 too much since my old PC died and the new one can't handle it but it looks like it has at least slightly improved although it does have some shitty gimmicks.

Please do

OK better question: Vindictus shutting down when? Because when the game officially shuts down, private servers become legal and Nexon can't stop them.

would be nice if it shut down in NA, we got a private server, and the owners kept up with korean content, but also reversed all the HJH bullfuck.

Nobody has the netcode because they aren't too keen on releasing it. NX would probably continue to refuse releasing it even after the death of the game due to "potential prospects in the future", which they will never plan on ever doing because to them the death of Vindi will look like people lost interest in the game rather than them being the cause of its decline. I mean, you could try to shill it on NA and EU forums, possibly even getting a few gooks to shill it on KR, but it is unlikely.

the koreans will tell you to fuck off, there is nothing wrong with their version of the game on the publisher or client side, and even the changes from devcat (like ruining fiona and unlimited health items) are things they fucking asked for.

From what I have heard, KR is the one that asked for juggle and they still see nothing wrong with it

It's a peer2peer game. Reverse engineering the netcode to allow you to connect to other boats shouldn't take that much effort.
I'm pretty certain this shit has already been done by botters in the past.

Have a demonstration of stamina being a joke.
Highlights:

I have a total of 191 stamina, and drink a stamina regeneration potion, which gives me +5stamina/second, even when performing actions. This stamina is given to me in ticks of 1 every 0.2 seconds.

When I end up low on stamina, I can only initiate a slip dash when I have at least 7 stamina (as that is the cost), but I can always chain into a nimble dash, even if I cannot afford the stamina cost. If you git gud and dodge enemy attacks using gliding fury: Gliding Fury & Lightning Fury also do not have a stamina requirement to use. You only need stamina to perform the initial attacks + smash critical.

Whenever I run out of stamina (making my character tired, refusing to dodge), I very quickly regenerate stamina and continue to dodge in a split second. Every time this happens I end up with enough stamina to do TWO slip->nimble dashes in a row.

You can't just spam dodge like a retard; you still have a moment of vulnerability afterwards, and many bosses have long-lasting hurtboxes (e.g. Zecallion shield dash), but if there's one thing you're going to die from: It's not going to be running out of stamina.

Not pictured: Casting one of the many +Stamina skills in the game, such as Fury Infusion and Slashing High.

Dear god, please spare my dick

seriously though, the Source engine is magic

Source is shit. And I'm not even talking about the plastic-y look of the shaders they use.

If an engine can't do subsurface scattering in this day and age, it's already good for the trash can.

Source is one of the main issues with the game though. Despite being intended to work as a physics engine, Vindi doesn't really have that good physics.

That would require programmers though and I am not sure anyone is going to do that shit for free, especially considering the fact that most have left the game and no longer want anything to do with it.

bump

I am guessing noone has the LOD bias guide?