Star Wars thread where we talk about the video games because I'm pretty sure they are better than the films

Star Wars thread where we talk about the video games because I'm pretty sure they are better than the films.
I was just playing yoda stories on my pc and it's such a simple game yet it's very satisfying.

Games I loved
Yoda Stories
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
KOTR
KOTR II
Star Wars Republic Commando

The system for KOTR was good idk why they haven't made anything like it since. Same with Republic Commando

I always like the OT and PT, but I would probably rank like this
Yes tier
IV V VI

Ok tier
I III

No tier
II VII RO Han Solo

you have to go back

Star Wars existed before reddit and YODA STORIES IS DOPE YOU BITCH

I loved Battlefront 2.
WTF is yoda stories? looks like a rpgmaker game.

as for films, I definitely belongs in the no tier. III is not very good either but it is on par with other generic action flicks.

>>>/reddit/

Guess video games are the better medium.

Yoda Stories is a puzzle adventure game
It's very satisfying

Levels in the game are procedurally generated. Yoda Stories has no central plot or definitive goal—it's a collection of games where the player, controlling Luke Skywalker, has to complete an objective like rescuing someone, obtaining an object, etc. Each game starts with Luke arriving at Dagobah in an X-wing. If the player is still a rookie, R2-D2 can be picked up, and dropped anytime for hints. After being found, Yoda gives Luke an assignment and an objective that Luke will be required to complete. Each game world is composed of 100 screens, but the number of active screens can be set in the options menu. To progress in the game, the player must make errands, such as finding a key or an object, until they reach the final puzzle.

The Dark Forces series are the best Star Wars games.

Never played them

Let me give you a rundown then.
It's like Doom except better in many ways.
In this game you got cheesy FMVs, Force powers, a lightsaber and pretty much the game that captured the feel of the OT the best. Kyle Katarn, the protagonist is faster than sanic.
A great expansion to the game above. Though as nails.
Although Jedi Knight captured the feel and aesthetic of the OT this game captured the lightsaber. As an side effect the series pretty much stopped being a shooter at this point.
Pretty much a standalone expansion pack to Outcast. Better level design and more variety in content in general.

The series didn't have a single bad entry, each one is great.

Star Wars: Rebellion is the best Star Wars game. The ultimate guns and butter Star Wars war simulation.

Uhh…

Both of those games are fanfic tier.

KotOR II is the best SW game there is, user.
That is a fact you have to deal with.

The Force Unleashed was okay for a console game but not nearly as good as any of the DF games. KotOR 2 would have been great if it had actually been finished.

It was a shit tier "deconstruction" written by an overrated hack. It was garbage.

Objectively best SW video game

Are there torrents of these usually?

They all got GOG releases so they should be on your favorite torrent site.

Meant as a reply to

Thanks man

Is that the same as the N64 version?

I played yoda stories all the time, wonder if there is a way to get it running on android.
Also enjoyed Shadows of the Empire.

I think Jedi Outcast expanded upon the universe really well while still being able to capture the feel of the OT.
although, I will admit, the developers deviated off the path of the OT feel with the addition of the main antagonist being a anthromorphic dinosaur and admiral Fiyar's robot bodysuit. But aside from that, it was an awesome game

I just assumed desann or what ever the dino dude's name was, was the same race as the lizard bounty Hunter in empire.

Nope but that was really good too.

Star Wars Rebellion, for superior strategy players, head-to-head was well balanced, AI is a bit shit once you learn the ropes.

The fact that it's real-time stressed me out tbh.

How to get Dark Forces 2 running on a modern system? It just crashes everytime i start it up.

It's very good but the Jedi Knight games are much better. Not only do they have
MOTHERFUCKING KYLE KATARN
but the Lightsaber combat is every Star Wars fans wet dream.
Ok well the Kyle Katarn argument doens't really count since you can play Space Jesus in Kotor 2

The latest GOG release works fine on my system. There's a bunch of stuff you can do to make it work but I recommend just trying that first.

And then there is this contarian arsehole

It had the best waifu but it was basically released incomplete.

Best Star Wars game coming through. Shame on all you cocksuckers for not mentioning the Star Wars space sims.

What about the restored content patches?
I played the vanilla version years and years ago, and I’d like to revisit the game, like I’ve done with VtMB and its plus patch.

Hopefully I’ll have matured enough to appreciate the game more than I did back in the day, and really immerse myself in the story and the characters.

Although it is better it's still very rough along the edges.

I remember it feeling rushed, and the conclusion left a lot to be desired.
I don’t recall encountering any glitches though.

The humor from Bioware and Obsidian are both bad.

I downloaded both dark forces, will report back whenever I get to play

You should start by reconfiguring the controls, these older games could have pretty weird keyboard setups out of the box.

I remember playing rebel assault II back in the day with a joystick it was hell

LMAO, are u 5?

Star Wars video games are a different beast

If you consume any kind of fiction beyond the age of 15 you have autism honestly.

Kino isn't fiction, it's truth captured through the lens of cinema.

i mean kinos that arent non fiction

all kinos are fiction except documentary kinos like grey gardens and schindler's list

thats what im saying, "if you consume any of kind of fiction beyond the age of 15 you have autism honestly" triggered by autism