Backlog thread

Quake was a wonderful experience, learning the enemies patterns and weaknesses was more fun than it should have been, tricking some enemies into a melee attack to slow them down was a great mechanic, the level design was great causing me to actually get frighted in some areas,the only downside i can think of is the enemy Spawn those blue fuckers drove me crazy.

the next game i'm playing is daggerfall hope its as immersive as some anons say it is, i've already beaten the first dungeon, it was surprisingly easy, what i saw back when i used to lurk the daggerfall threads made me think it was impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

allthetropes.wikia.com/wiki/Seinfeld_Is_Unfunny
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I keep flip-flopping between smt SJ, mother 3, and tonic trouble. Although im almost done with mother 3. I still have way too big of a backlog to worry about modern games. After i finish mother and smt SJ, i think i might playthrough smt 2.

so hows mother 3 going any gameplay aspect that specifically standout for you.

Finishing up Yakuza 3, according a walkthrough it ends after Chapter 12. Want to finish it up soon since Dead Souls arrived in the mail earlier than usual.

Also playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, and I'm really glad it clicked with me compared to other RPGs like Skyrim which bored me compared to Oblivion.

Just recently finished both paper mario and SM64. Wasn't really impressed with Super Mario 64 though, it has it's moments but also has a lot of problems and seems unfinished despite having around 14 worlds. Gonna start up F-Zero again, but it is gonna be awhile before I will be beating this one.

Daggerfall dungeons really aren't that difficult.
All that you really have to do is get used to the map.

i guess the plebs got to me.

i'm already a part of a guild and been through 5 dungeons gonna wait to level 3 to start the main quest.

also the skeleton scream is tariffing.

Playing MGS for the first time. I finally got gud and beat Gray Fox after over two hours of puzzle solving. I haven't had such a hard time with a boss in forever. That was almost an accomplishment for me.

It's one thing I love about MGS1, the boss fights can slap in your shit in like no tomorrow, but it somehow draws you back to it

never really got into the paper mario series might actually go for it.

remember user the more you play the better you get, you should at least set aside 10 min break especially if you are getting btfo by a boss, this really helps when you are getting frustrated and it can actually give you time to think.

I guess the last game I actually finished was SaruSaru Daisakusen or Ape Escape Big Mission or whatever the flying fuck you want to call it. It was an alright game, but it was a bit too short, and while the whole controlling the monkeys thing was neat at first, it doesn't compare to the gameplay of the main series, especially once you realize that not only are the different types of monkeys not as varied as they seem, but the way the game is set up makes each level have very little variation in which monkeys you can use where.

I'm primarily alternating between these other two right now, and am enjoying them both so far. I downloaded Legacy of Kain basically on a whim, and was expecting a 3D action game based on what I've heard of the series. I was surprised, but not necessarily disappointed when the game started up and it was nothing like what I was expecting. The combat isn't anything phenomenal and honestly is already getting a bit repetitive, but I'm a sucker for vampire stories, especially good ones.

Gurumin meanwhile is just fucking fun, and deceptively challenging enough to kick your shit in if you let your guard down. I started it a long time ago, but then put it down and just never picked it back up. Gonna finish it this time.

Once I get sick of the adventures of cute little girls in monster land, it's back to Nosgoth for some blood-sucking humanity-shedding shenanigans, and once I'm weary from that bleak and dreadful world, it's back to cute little anime girls. It's the perfect balance.

I never had any problems until I got to REX and Liquid

Brace yourself user, because The Best is Yet to Come

A lot of the game is comfy as fuck.

Played Land of the Dead after seeing it mentioned in the 'Shitty Games' thread.

It was pretty shitty, but I actually had some fun with it, and since it was only like 2 hours and 15 minutes long, it didn't drag on long enough for me to hate it.

Currently replaying Soldier of Fortune which features the most RIP AND TEAR shotgun in any game ever, and has a locational damage model that still shits all over modern shooters. Almost at the end of the game and having a blast, but jesus fucking christ the snipers are pure AIDS.

Last I saw a copy of Paper Mario 64 out here it was about $35-40. TTYD was similarly priced (most Gamecube games have gone up a good bit in price). Paper Mario 64 did have a VC version if you have a Wii, and I've seen a Mega link with VC wads around in the past if you don't want to be giving Nintendo money at this point.

As for
There's a bit of a mindset of "if it's old, it's worth gold" with some systems' libraries. Granted, I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to how the N64's prices are, but with the SNES and Gamecube it's been in full swing. I'd speculate that there's people that had games for those when they were kids and now that they're adults will drop whatever prices people ask, and the scalpers supplying them are only too happy to see how much people are willing to pay.

Yeah, don't listen to plebs.

I finished XIII recently since I saw some gameplay of it and gave it a try. I'm almost done with circle of the moon.

Last game was Illusions of Time, game was a bit frustrating at the continent of Mu section, but the story was very nice, it's like human history as we know it with fantasy elements. Right now I'm 89 hours in Persona 3, real close to the end now. I think the grinding is unnecessarily padded, but it gives me something to do while listening to podcasts.

Just finished Thy Flesh Consumed. Having some issues loading doom2 tho. Whenever I try it or plutonia it loads the levels from tnt.
I think I'm almost done with S.O.M.A.
It's alright I guess, but fuck me the whole look how pretty things are really gets on my nerves when I can't find WHAT THE HELL I'M MEANT TO INTERACT WITH. It's really not scary. If they focused more on the exploration and puzzle solving / digging into the lore it would have been better.
Lords of the Fallen is sitting on my desktop, along with Condemned, Bulletstorm, Gray Goo and Ori.
Also playing some Tekken 5 when the mates come, quality time.

I really like the rythem based attacking. Its a shame mother 3 is the only game ive played that uses it.

ALIENS The Ultimate Doom and Pulsar: Lost Colony

A question: if I download some maps for ultimate doom without any kind of gameplay modification (just normal maps), will they work with the Aliens mod?

It should work. Are you playing it through a source port?

Yep, through gzdoom. Also recommend me some maps if you can, please.

Check out memento mori 1 and 2, and Doom 2 reloaded. There also might be a doom general in the catalog with the doom infographic that has a huge list of all the good doom maps and doom mods. But most of them use doom 2's iwad.

Alright I'll check it out, thanks.

What a handsome cat.

I'm trying to work my way through some newer games I haven't played, Freedom Planet is really fun except for some of the bosses. I like going fast and punching things. On the older end of the spectrum, I think I'm going to try Beyond Oasis and it's sequel on Saturn. Speaking of Saturn, I still haven't finished Shining Force 3. Fug.

I started Gurumin and I have absolutely no desire to finish it. It sucks because that game seems like a good deal of fun, I just get no joy out of it.

Blood Omen 2 and the Soul Reaver games are 3D action games, though. Still a decent series, glad you're enjoying it.

I didn't have that problem, but that's because I play on very easy since the only differences in combat seems to be how much I have to grind to not get fucked. Buffs and debuffs aren't nearly as powerful in Persona versus normal SMT, but you should abuse them as much as humanly possible.

I like to collect physical copies of my games so the ones I have are 64 cartridges. Usually they are priced around 35-40 dollars for paper mario, but SM64 is sometimes higher. As to why they are expensive it has to do a little with people hoarding them, and even destroying cartridges to drive up the price

Just finished The Phantom Game a couple months ago.

Now replaying Doom3 on PC, before I was just playing on Xbox.

COTM was the best launch title I've played for any system. You have good taste, user.

That fucking REX battle with its fucking unskippable cutscenes was the worst. I played MGS3 before I played MGS, and after MGS none of the other games in the series were as challenging. Then again, it took me until the battle with Liquid to realize that I could go into first person view with the triangle button, then the car chase got easy.

Trying to get into Divinity OS, and it's difficult. Having people drop in and fuck off isn't useful either.

Want to play Monster World IV as soon as I can. Gonna pick it up a repro for the translated one when I can to enjoy.

Just finished Devil Survivor Record Breaker Yuzu route. I want to try and beat every other route before moving on, but currently im flip flopping between Etrian Odyssey Untold and Devil Survivor. I have Etrian odyssey 4 on the final dungeon, paper jam about halfway through the game and EO 3 im still only on labyrinth 2.

Recently finished Dungeon Lords and am now playing through Dragon's Dogma. Only thing that's left at this point is the Everfall and BBI. Once I'm finished with DD I'll probably move on to Endless Legend or finally start Wizardry 7 with my wiz 6 party.

There's a Yuzu in that game? Is she just as awful as the one in DeSu1?

I think record breaker is the same game with just a bunch of added things to it, so yes she is just as bad in this game.

I think he means overclocked, which is the 3DS remastering of Devil Survivor 1, Yuzu doesn't appear in devil survivor 2.

That's what I was thinking. I have Overclocked but not Record Breaker, so I don't know anything about DeSu2 at all.

Record Breaker is the second game's extra edition, though. Also, Yuzu is the worst route. You should definitely play again and shoot for a different route.

Morrowind
It's one of the best RPGs I've played. I wish there were more good only-controlling-one-character RPGs out there. I find myself liking them more than controlling-more-than-one-character RPGs.

Dark Souls 3
I might have been me just being rusty from not having played a Souls game in a while, but it took me a while to start getting back into the swing of things with this one. The first boss is (seems?) more powerful than the tutorial bosses from Demon's and Dark 1 and 2, and other shenanigans, like the very first chest being a fucking mimic, and a fucking dragon in the first area. It feels like they just threw a bunch of shit into the first level because OH MAN HOW CAN WE FUCK THE PLAYER OVER REALLY HARD and not because it's well balanced. It also chugs like a motherfucker on my computer, but it's older, and DS3 is next gen :^), so I just have to deal with minor input delay issues in some sections. But bitching aside, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things, and if nothing else, it's better than Dark Souls 2.

Oh i see where the confusion lays, my mistake. I assumed both games were called "record breaker" in the names and didnt realise I was mentioning the 2nd one. I meant to say Yuzu was just as bad in Devil Survivor 1

Just beat every mission on hard, probably going to try very hard soon. Until then I'm playing Baby's First JRPG 7 to see if it's as good as some say or as mediocre as Holla Forums says.

What a coincidence I am playing it to, any pointers for a beginner? F-Zero I mean

Ancient maymay.

In regards to FF7 it's as mediocre as Holla Forums says, FF fans will defend it to death like the autists they are though. It does have some genuinely good moments though, but I only played through it once and will not play it again.

I did love changing the names of the other characters though

Cloud as JC Denton, he fit in really well

Tifa as Chun Li

Barret as Mr.T. obviously

Aeris as Red Shirt

Red XIII as Scar

Cait Sith as Garfield

And Cid as Neil Amrstrong, abbreviated as NeilA.

allthetropes.wikia.com/wiki/Seinfeld_Is_Unfunny

That was a bitch until I found out you can go into first person as well. MGS1 was honestly hard, it's weird the later MGS games didn't feel anywhere near as challenging.

If you are trying to say that FF7 being mediocre is a meme, or it was good for it's time please fuck off. If you are saying my names for my characters were unfunny, well I never was very imaginative

You're the guy who is being contrarian for it's own sake. A game with strong narrative, presentation, mechanics, and lasting cultural impact on the medium. If that's a "mediocre game", then you don't really need to take your opinion seriously.

Extreme mode in 2 had it's moments 25 fucking MG Ray

Use the shoulder buttons for sharp turns, make healthy use of the brake when nessessary, and don't forget to knock the fuck outta the other racers. That's all there really is except don't be slow, but this is a racing game and that's kinda obvious.

What if those have been shown up by newer games, reducing the relative quality of those? I won't deny the cultural impact, but it's like saying Pokemon Red and Green are fantastic in comparison to the newer games which have a lot of quality of life improvements and bugfixes. They're still okay games on their own, but you can also find better things that have readjusted the scale of quality/what to expect and compared to newer games it just feels mediocre. It's like trying to say Citizen Kane is the greatest film of all time just because it had a modern presentation style and last cultural impact. I'd argue things like Forrest Gump and It's a Wonderful Life are better, and by comparison, Citizen Kane seems a bit dull.
Also, disagreeing with your opinion isn't being contrarian for it's sake. Get the stick out of your ass that not everyone loves the games you do.

The Shadow Hearts series might be of interest to you if you found that neat, given that the series is a mixture of historical fiction and dark fantasy set between the late 1800s and early 1900s (depending on the entry).

I'm told this is supposed to give you PTSD of some sort. Looking forward to it.