/o/ here

/o/ here
Due to the Michael Hastings happening I want to inform you about the types of cars wich are hackable.

If your car has a modern infotainment system conected to the internet or any other wireless system including keys, get rid of that car and get a proper 90s car without that shit.
You won´t be able to protect your car from hacks with said system onboard.
If your car doesn´t have a modern infotainment system, check if the radio has a CAN-bus conection to anything.
If it has one, unplug it.

At that stage your car is probably safe, but there might still be backdoors.
To make these useless pull the fuses for electrical power steering, ABS,ESP, ASR and any other electrical system that might interfere with your driving and learn how to handle your car without these features.

Other urls found in this thread:

tehnoetic.com/laptops
everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1520430
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Niva
freeems.org/
rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino
badmercedes.com/
slmarket.com/tag/mercedes-biodegradable-wiring-harness/
technologytell.com/gadgets/24127/say-buy-bye-to-analog-onstar-in-2008/
localmotors.com/
thingiverse.com/thing:476016
all3dp.com/3d-printed-car/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll take my chances

Driving without powersteering isn´t hard, as long as you are moving you don´t even feel much more resistance.
Also hydraulic power steering is safe.

Electric power steering is garbage anyway, why would you want it?

I don't know shit about cars but would cars designed with powersteering in mind potentially drive poorly?

It doesn´t matter if this system is good for this topic.
It is more efficient, requires less maintainance and most newer cars have it, so I included it in my list of things you should deactivate if you have them.
If you have hydraulic power steering you can keep it.

Joke's on you, cia, my entire electrical system is shit anyway and won't do a single thing you want it to.

No, they drive fine without power steering, you just need more force for steering, especially at low speeds.

Im thinking theres a better way than this, if its a remote connection, finding that connection and severing it would be safer than disabling actual safety features for the car.

We still meed to determine how it communicates. (gps, am/fm radio, etc) It could be as simple as just replacing the factory installed fm stereo system.

If you can enshure the termination of any wireless communication, that might work.
But there could be some hidden backdoors.

Also older cars without infotainment systems should be pretty safe anyway.

Thanks /o/bro

onstar can remotely turn on your car, think on that for a second. my thinking is cianiggers caught an idea from this alone and started tinkering.

Safety features can very quickly become un-safety features if their operating code is fucked with. You're also ignoring physical security concerns, like tapping in to the CAN system directly and re-flashing the programming of various modules with new code, or generating false CAN messages to alter the behavior of existing systems.

By the way user, how do you unlock your car? Does it have a remote? FUGGGGG :DDD

Im sure theres devices that you can purchase that can detect and locate the source of radio frequencies. Be a good sell for mechanics helping clients that are concerned for this.

Also, even if the CIA didn't want to kill you, they could re-flash your ECU with new logic that would cause your engine to destroy itself as soon as you drove the car in a certain condition. Think of it like what VW did with diesel emissions, but where your pistons melt instead. Make the conditions hard to find and diagnose but common enough you'd be likely to encounter them while driving the car for longer distances. It would add more fuel to the fire if they were already fucking with other parts of your life.

just like any nigger would bust the window open, pull the fuse for car alarm, and jerry rig it to start.

safer when it isnt YOUR car

Kind of missing my point. Keyless entry systems are getting smarter and smarter and that's just another attack vector. I'm sure there are plenty of security flaws on the security module in the car, and those are almost always connected to the ECU via CAN to signal whether the ECU is allowed to start the car or not.

They only need to control the fuel pump to do this, it would be far more easy than an ecu reflash.

Fuck, is the CIA going to start killing everyone on Holla Forums and other racists they find online?

Correct, theres been articles going around on keyless entries getting hacked. may have seen a defcon talk about it Of course I have to be within 50 yards to get it working. This seems to pose a risk in well-populated areas, since theres a huge wealth of attack vectors all around. Kind of goes back to the point, if cianiggers want you dead, you're basically dead.

This is true but forcing them to do it with their bare hands rather than some spotty no morals school leaver doing it remotely is advisable. We have to resist playing their game and be prepared to look tin foil hatted to people who think it's a joke.

What for, I dont think they have a valid reason to, not unless its for a gain in intel or more leverage in power of authority. Killing anons here doesn't give them either. We gotta think about motivating factors of cia related deaths and find out if theres similar motivating factors in it or not.

Just depends on how the fuel pump is wired. A lot of cars have a solid state relay triggered by a dedicate ECU output wire, rather than using CAN for it. Valid point nevertheless.

found the CIAnigger

of course they gain something by killing Holla Forumslocks; we're on to their tricks.
if they silence us they can pull off their tricks undetected

Yeah, user, they'll just randomly kill several thousand people (and probably tens of thousands of lurkers) out of the blue in varying states of employment in various organizations and no one will suspect a thing! What a brilliant plan.

Does this apply to cars outside of US?
Mine was built in the UK for mainland Europe export in 2001. The company was at that time owned by Ford, that American tie worries me.

user, if anyone here is a threat to the cia at the current existing moment, they would just load their pc with CP and anonymously notify the FBI.

I wouldn´t give it the benefit of the doubt.

Plausible.

Look in to your specific model and try to find out if it has CANBUS equipped. In 2001 it was pretty uncommon so you might be oka.

Pedos love the CIA now, they can all claim all of the CP was a framing operation and the Wikileaks release proves the CIA could do it and imitate themselves doing it!

hydraulic is better than electrical.

Its going to be funny when the AG takes a nice warm shit on that excuse, and gasses them anyway.

news headline:
Several Major Car Manufacturers Recall Most Cars Made After 1996 Due to Freak Accident Killing Thousands

That wouldn´t besomething that already happened…

That sounds as bad as the official story of 9/11. How long before a new generation of truth seekers arises and finds the things we do? It's not like our content in the form of entertainment and infographs will disappear from the internet just like that. Killing everyone here is just a temporary measure.

Fuck… Trips of prophecy.

pretty shit to fug with a man's car like that. every man knows what a man's car means to another man.

Speaking of 9/11… Was there a bodycount of jews killed?

that's exactly it
it'll buy them time

Feels good, man.

GM did that just for profit, why shouldn´t the CIA do it?

I don't think it would be an efficient idea really. The expensive cover-up for 9/11 was already paid for. Cover-up killing a bunch of random anons isn't. its important to calculate the costs of bribing officials, engineers, autopsies, journalists, and the media memory-hole. I dont think CIA do scandals at this scale not unless they already predetermined the costs of the coverup and how its going to be financed. Just like 9/11.

CRASH AND BURN IS WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO
DO YOU THINK YOU CAN SURVIVE… THE TOP

Gimme an idea on how the cia will profit from it, Im listening…

THE SCENT OF GASOLINE ANNOUNCES THE END

I am a master of the asphalt fight:They all said I'd best give it up, What a fool, to believe their lie-ie-ies!

One less opponent.

Sigh…

Why not just shut down the chans and censor social media? Its cheaper and Zuckerberg is already pushing for it.

Then people would be alive and complain about it.
Also people would realise it and the next exodus would be on its way…

I've had my car crap out while driving and the power steering/braking meant I couldn't stop or steer the car. Fortunately I was pulling up to my house so I only ran into the curb, but I can tell you I don't want to touch any power steering car ever again.

I meant the fuel pump at the petrol station actually. If they want to fuck your car just pump silicone in with the fuel. This destroys the lambda sensor.

People will already be distracted with the colour revolution caused by their ex-bestie Soros.

1. there has to be a mechanical coupling between steering wheel and steering rack.
2. power steering and brakes are 2 different systems.

Yeah but if the ECU detects the sensor failure it will use a failsafe open loop operating mode and everything is fine. The whole point would be if the CIA was targeting someone using psyops and making them go full paranoid tinfoil, fucking with their mode of transport would be a great way to cause more chaos and send them over the edge.

No some Fords use the power steering pump to add to the brake servo. It's fucking stupid but they do.

No it fucks the lambdas output and this would allow a fuel with the wrong octane to be burnt without the ecu thinking anything was wrong, then you get the melted piston talked about in the first post.
It's all moot really, they are obviously going to pick on net connected vehicles with park ability first and foremost. I won't knowingly get in one of those vehicles.

Oh I see what you're saying. Then yes, spot on. Thought you were talking about clogging up the lambda sensor like with leaded fuel.

Already got a '69 Fiat. There's nothing electrical except the lights.

They are not hiding anymore

Fucking commies of the EU. Here in Spain Podemos is going to ban 20 year old cars from entering the city. I think Madrid is following soon since it is ruled by Podemos too (Leninist Globalists).

The first time I heard about CAN bus I figured it must be German tech. It's the most fucked-up solution with the maximum number of things that can go wrong and the most opportunities to sweep shitty design under the rug. Sure enough, designed by Bosch.

But only in Barcelona for now. For now.

Actually, now that I think about it: it doesn't matter if buy an old car they can't hack. They can just hijack a semi and slam into you.

Guess I better get used to riding bicycles and buses then…

Pretty much the point ive been trying to make in this whole thread, if CIAniggers want you dead, you're dead. Just gotta realistically analyze your own personal threat level to the CIA, before you start drastically make changes to everyday things you do or use.

This is why you never ever elect leftists, they are all a bunch of deranged control-freaks

Thanks Holla Forums

What this guy says. All solutions shilled by leftists are too overcorrecting at times and cause bigger issues to rear its head out of nowhere.

Learn to love that car, it won't betray you, trust me.

This information is not at all surprising, but it is still deeply unsettling. I felt the same way about the Clinton pedo-rings. Not at all surprised, but at the same time deeply unsettled. It really feels like we're in a fucking comic book, or some shit dystopian movie.

And, like said, the only way to be truly safe from this type of hit is to live somewhere with no access to motorways. Fucking hell. Get me out of here.

Join an amish community, they're white, christian, and are literally the safest from any cyber threat.

I love the Amish and the Mormons. Their beliefs are kind of retarded, but the result of those beliefs are a shit ton of white, conservative, Aryan children. Interesting bunch.

In consideration of thier beliefs its hard to argue against lately when you see all the libtards ironically normalizing degeneracy. When the amish kids start asking about "why cant we wear colors" just show them miley cyrus, and the discussion wont be brought up ever again.

While that is true, that is simply a reaction to symptom of a decaying society. I want a fucking Galactic Lebanstraum, though, so a fear of technology and scientific progress is no fun.

Might as well get rid of the airbags as well and put a spike on the steering wheel.

why the fuck did mobile auto-correct Lebensraum to that? fucking Jews

I can't agree with that defeatism, however. Our best chance is to continue pressuring Trump to scatter them to the winds.

jews

Would be very interesting if the decision was made to kill those guilty by association via a series of random accidents, wouldn't it?

Would a Police car be free from this?

You know nothing. EU banned vacuum cleaners over 1500 watts and the good old light bulbs.
In EU the government decides what you use and how you use it.

This might help, haven't watched the full thing yet tho

(checked)

These trips indicate something to this. Story time user?

I love them but new cars are so much more comfortable.

Untill they kill you.

Yes, because CIA is busy killing off random shitposters.

Inb4 they take control of your car and put you in a high speed chase or try to make you assassinate someone. Might be unlikely since they got found out. But they do shit like that all the time.

It doesn´t have to be the CIA, random hackers can do that as well.

Some user should star hacking autonomous car tests so we don't get cucked by Agenda 21

Panther platform got an electronic throttle back in 05 or 06. But it doesn't matter since it's got huge cop disk brakes with aggressive OEM pads that can slow the car down even at full throttle. Also a 80's ignition style that cuts power to the coil packs when turned to off. No traction or (in)stability control or adaptive steering so you're able to guide the car easily. Just like any honda or toyota from the nineties really.

Btw it's not a just a full open throttle that evil asshatin would use. They'd use a combination of throttle, brake(that stability control system) and steering to guide a car into a heavy immobile object.

Can confirm, light bulbs are illegal in EU for not being ecologic enough.

It's incredible how much more I spend on electric now we have all of these green ecological products.

You better pay up, goy, these refugees ain't gonna feed themselves.

something that would help immensely would be a smartphone virus made with cianiggers tools that inject a "self-start, turn hard left and accelerate" accident into all available cars in Paris at a certain date, mid-day
the death toll would be minimal because driving is bumper to bumper anyway, the urban chaos would be absolute, and the consequences would be slightly different

This, CIA doesn't need to hax0r your car to involve you in an "accident".

Whoa did you ever stop and think of the trees you're saving? Are you against nature, trees and everything that's good? Do you want (((moderate activists))) to light fire to your house and shit on your business?

You better pay for these Chinese ecologically friendly lightbulbs :^).

Are you taking about GM's hydro boost?
Do you even know?

lewd

Sounds like somebody who hastily threw their meth out the window when a Crown Vic showed up. I drive one because it was indeed, fucking cheap for a ten year old car with under 100k miles on it, and people wanted three times as much for the grandma version with a rotting roof and a broken rear bumper.

and how many years of continuous idle?

This whole turn of events is so fucking miserable. I've had to hunt down an old Lenovo T500 laptop because its built-in hardware spycore can still be disabled, then wipe Debian and Windows from all my systems and learn to install Gentoo on the fly while planning to ditch my smartphone too since its a permanently-on GPS/spy-mic. My main gaming rig's motherboard and processor have to be replaced with an old AMD FX model that doesn't have a spycore built into it, even though it's a downgrade. Now if I ever get as far as buying a car it ALSO has to be a specific model so cryptokikes can't just outright murder me on a whim.

Fuck you CIA

Whoops, a fuel tanker just crashed into your house and exploded.

you need to go older nigger.

this meme needs to die.

But I like having blutooth for my playlist.
Gotta have that Pink Floyd

incorrect

tehnoetic.com/laptops

Kek. I like you, redpanelsfag.

forgot about that. I still wouldn't trust it with the intel shit.

But I like RS Audis.

You niggers don't even try

Pic related confirmed for best vehicle

Watch for pigs on the wing.

Would a Datsun Cherry be free from CIA-niggers' tampering?

A VW-beetle would surely be safe.

What's the state of the 2007 Yaris?

ABS is shit anyways, youre better off without it. Many systems are more likely to cause an accident than stop one, especially in old vehicles. The sensors get covered in dirt etc, and your wheels just keep pulse braking, causing you to keep going foward. Some vehicles will start doing it on dry pavement, with no slippage at all.

Thanx for webm-ing it.
Yeah Audi RS line, basically Renn Sport divison and R8 have erection inducing sound from the factory. Of course some people also upgrade to more power / flow / louder exhaust like Akrapovič, STaSIS, Milltek, MTM

/watch?v=ZRPhVxGUCNQ

A little insight how loud a tuned 2016 RS6 is
sorry too long video for webm

Will the KGB try and kill me though?

About 4400 when I bought it.

Hours, that is. It's the third setting on the odometer. Hours spent in park or neutral while the engine is running.

That seems like a lot.
Any excessive wear on the cam lobe?

I want a brand new car with minimal computer shit. Not a rust bucket Buick from the 90's. I've had 3 of those and they didn't end well, even with a rebuilt 3800 v6. Is this at all possible?

I have good news for you.

The lada niva doesn't fulfill what I need though. Besides that I have an outright aversion to driving cars after wrapping my Supra around a tree

aaaand I'm insta-jelly

I hope you die

do you have pics of that beautiful grill btw?

He couldn't fucking drive it though.

Impreza here, 4wd turbo for the low skillz win

Aint she a beaute?

I have friends who like Imprezas
owner is from my town, kek

Your definition of "wrapped around a tree" is wrong.
"Wrapped around a tree" is side impact with intrusion into the passenger cabin.

kek

Only photo I have of it is framed portrait of when my bro obtained back home.

Mine looked worse than that, as in it was J shaped.

How long did you have it?
I'm an Audi guy, but mad respect for powerful JDM

this is what you want, bro

Was given to me when I was 13 when my bro deployed to Iraq in 03, it died in '08 after I went through a terrible phase of heavy drinking and depression. Nothing like literally being alone in the world in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Jesus Christ spoiler that. That's worse than real gore. If you put that picture side-by-side with the photo of the guy's face torn apart I find the first more horrific.

that's a decent time.
They are notorious for stabbing you in the back

yall have too high of an opinion of yourselves

Three years of driving actually. I didn't dare touch that fucking thing for the longest time. Learned to drive in a Model T before being of age for my license though.

Did they block the bridge??

Also fast and furious guy seemed suspicious crash at the time.

step up fam

I thought the whole deal with the Wikileaks was that other people, not just the CIA have access to this ability because CIAniggers put so many back doors into shit now anybody can do it.

MURRICA, FUCK YEAH!

Honestly look at entry level Dacias, Fiats I don't know about American market cars to give advice.

*enough about

It's your own fault if you get suicided by CIA niggers with your own car.

>>>/bog/

How far back is jeep compromised?
I know they're sorta military but the wrangler frame seems more-or-less infinitely reparable

a long way back, as far as I know. mid 00's they already made cars with electronic throttle, so who knows when it started. as for the remote stuff, that might have come later. even then you can just pull out the wifi antenna if you really wanted.

I don´t know.
If it does have any wireless funktion it might be compromised.

Checked.
That's Dom charger from fast and furious though

Dom? You mean the gay bald guy from those pro-race mix movies? You're not helping your case here, m8

The combo keypad doors are pretty insecure. They rotate the characters in memory:

If the code is 3456 and I type 123456, it will unlock. There was a (long) number string floating around a while back that if you typed it all in, no matter what the code, it would unlock. Downside was it could take up to 10 minutes to type in.

everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1520430

Polite sage.

E-throttle has been around since mid-late 90s. 2JZs Supra engines have had them since '97.

lolwut? Audis have the worst fucking wiring on the planet tied with 90s+ Volkswagens. You won't get carjacked by CIAniggers because it'll short out and never run or just catch fire.

memes aside, is this a good car

It gets overpriced so often because muh Initial D though.

Who /supra/ here?

JZ Cressida reporting in.

90s civic confirmed safe zone

Safe from pussy.

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

And to think, when I told people I still drove my 1983 Park Avenue they'd laugh, who's laughing now cunts? Half a million miles on it and counting, but I don't have to worry about it going Maximum Overdrive on my ass for buying too many copies of Mein Kampf.

It would be hilarious when automakers could blame or sue the CIA for why their cars turned out so unsafe and crappy.

Should be alright. What makes my car better than every four hundred pound neckbeard's "zombie hunter" ride is that it was a detective's car, so it never had an external light bar, and has had minimal abuse in its limited use. I've got a great mechanic out in the country who checks it over from tooth to tail when I have even simple shit done by him due to my complete lack of a lift, or even a garage.

Joke's on you, CIA. You never thought you'd face such a tasteless, cheap fuck, but here I am!

The most shocking thing about OP is that /o/ is still around tbh.

lel

I kind of want one of those but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be LARPing because I don't have that many places to 4x4.

I've been thinking of building a kit car.
It will probably better than a 90s car and it would be the only way to be 100% sure nothing is hackable.

A car is considered "new" on /o/ when it was made after 2000.
Pretty much no one on /o/ drives a car new enough to be attacked by the CIA.

Solid plan, that.

The problem with the 90's is that's post NAFTA, you've got a chinese parts kit assembled in mexico. Have to go back at least to the 80's to have a prayer of proper american steel being in the thing, and even then it's a stretch.

Chinese wires rot out real easy, you'll notice most hoopty wagons beebopping around the hood are older 89-92 not later model 99s. Besides if you're going to use AC you want something old enough to handle actual freon not the piss warm garbage they sell now.

Only on cuckchan and it's terrible. I actually know how to build cars to make good power 500hp+, but the community there talk and talk with assumed authority and they have no idea how goddamn stupid they are. It's maddening. They make tons of threads talking about what their mechanics do.
THEY CAN'T EVEN WORK ON THEIR OWN FUCKING CARS

They are so goddamn fucking stupid. It's analogous to how maddening it is for us to talk to normalfags about politics and history. They don't know how fucking stupid they are and jerk each other off about "upgrading" the exhaust on their shitbox 1993 Mercury LeSable for "that extra 20hp bro".

==Jesus fucking christ, I hate them.== polite sage for ranting

It's alive here too. I post there sometimes. Typically just casual conversation and bantz.

They're really decent cars, but you're right in that you don't get the full worth out of them if you aren't taking them off-road. I hear they can also get pretty pricey in certain parts, though I can hardly imagine why. Personally, I always wanted a UAZ-469, if only for the RWDS.

Both those cars are for balding middle-aged faggots with tiny dicks that crave teenage boys' attention.

I used to want to get into cars but my cuck dad would never teach me because he didn't want oil on his hands, but I can imagine how obnoxious they can be. It's not even normalfag levels, I'm sure it's worse than that like how shit their Holla Forums has become, pure d&c and slide threads and literally nothing else, with their moderator support who purge threads that expose dnc voter fraud. It's probably even worse since I last glanced at it and dropped a few redpill dumps in shitty threads.

Well, yeah, but so is just about any other super or sports car which isn't designed by an accountant.

My dad showed me how to change oil, that's it. Everything else I've learned has been through the internet and trial-and-error. There are so many youtube channels now about walking through maintenence that anyone can do it.

To your second part, after I learned how simple a formula it is to make power, I started to resent people who buy it - especially peacocking nigger-tier sports cars that don't give you very much power for your money. I'm building a car that will hit 550rwhp easily 700-750 easily on race gas or ethanol or just pump/meth with awesome, rugged, reliable parts and good suspension and will be well under $10,000 into it when I'm done. Most "car guys" are awful, and especially anyone who buys a flashy shitbox like those. They want to get noticed and have their dicks stroked. My car is an ugly sleeper, but I've done all the work myself, I'm damn proud of what I've accomplished, and I built it for me - not to get noticed and have heads turns.

Supercars are different, though, because it's more about the elegance of the design and manufacturing.

My story is similar, but mine turned to narcotics, and I told him if I ever saw him again, I'd shoot him in the stomach and leave him for the birds after he stole my first gun. It's been about fifteen years now.

There's only so much you can teach yourself when you have fuck all for time, funds, and space.

He was passenger, being driven by a legit pro, in a particular Porshe notorious for killing legit pros.
Also, I'de imagine having literally Paul Walker in my passenger seat would influence my driving choices.

not nearly enough

yeah, no.

It would be worth dying to end that fucking franchise.

With you on that for sure, it's definitely Hollywood cancer that needs to stop.

Literally watched an old neighbor rebuild one of these a few years ago.

Cash for Clunkers? they have tried to get rid of old cars.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Niva ?

Thats kinda true.
These guys took down multiple buildings the middle of jewyork and forgot about one in the official version of what happened,they just dont give any fucks.
Its not like lettersoups will go "ah fuck it,mike. Hes got a crappy old car,lets not kill this poor fuck."

Besides you can still die in car crashes that you didn't cause, and older cars are shit for surviving accidents.>>9447635

That implies there was a point in time when they didn't.

Fuck off, Varg.

This sounds like a shill thread to try and get people killed on the road entirely themselves.

Feels good

I can understand your annoyance, 4/o/ was awful years ago with all their tripfagging circlejerks and teenagers showing off their v6 mustangs and civics. I don't want to know how bad it is now.
>>>/o/ is pretty casual about everything, just a few guys that talk about news and shit they've done recently to their projects or DD shitboxes. no real drama and it's to slow for "wut car shud i by/?" nonsense.

This thread may have had good intentions originally, but you're just spamming.

only what is too long for webm.
But I agree with your point, I have strayed offtopic.
Point taken.

I've got my 90s rice racer so I'm ok.

Really nice.
How much power?

Its just the stock twin turbo which is around 326hp

wew.
Must be super fun to drive.
Max I've driven was 579hp twin turbo and 420HP n/a, but both with esp on.

Do you drift it at all?

Nah, its not the greatest for drifting I've found at least for me its kinda hard to control. I just drag it at the lights from time to time.

Inb4 user wraps it around a tree

Yeah you probably shouldn't. She must pull like a train though

Pretty solid vehicle designed by white men tbh.
Also most of the steel is American/Canadian which is neat.

You should post a list of models that are very likely hackable. Start with the car Michael Hastings was driving.

Basically any modern car with any of the electronic driver safety features. It's pretty easy to figure it out if you look at the model and its features, listing them all would take forever

Easier to just give people a cutoff year or something, like if you have a motherboard or processor made after 2009, get yourself tested, because it's almost guaranteed to be pozzed.

I know the prius I drive is fucked, I have to drive it for long distance fuel economy with the company I work for.
Watched the early hack test videos on completely controlling it.

This tbh. List

Tbh I saw this on /o/ and the thought is legitimate. Why would someone want to kill an user? Memeing too hard?

You don't even need to use a car to kill someone; you can make a man kill himself after you get him fired, labeled as an unemployable racist and have his kids taken away.

Older cars are better for plenty of reasons, but you shouldn't just go buy one because you've been told you're completely safe as it can't be hacked by the chinese.

Same thing happened in Lisbon.

This man, it is possible but probably only for high vallued assets/ threats

Probability is if you aren't a threat they aren't going to kill you. They could but yeah, we are too powerful even for this now.
Imagine: users start dropping
It wouldn't take long for us to put 1+1 together

I don't see how that makes sense.
If 100 of us suddenly disappeared you probably wouldn't even notice unless they were namefags.

Another probability is that if they starting trying to clip anons, they'd piss off the wrong people who would then proceed to take off the kid gloves and start making examples.

I'd only be concerned if you're a person of great importance. Unless you're George Lincoln Rockwell tier, you're not worrisome enough for those the CIA are beholden to.

already posted it in the other thread, but you can pretty easily disable/remove most wireless or CAN bus subsystems or features which present basically all attack points for intrusion, also you can just install aftermarket systems which don't have wireless/CAN bus connectivity without issue.

Reminder that if you are especially paranoid, you can always use a aftermarket ECU/computer such as a MSD/Haltech/Megasquirt box and program it yourself, this way you could totally bypass or remove stock ECU/infotainment systems and still pass state emission/inspection tests since modern aftermarket ECU boxes have an OBD-II output

This is probably bad advice for newfags still learning to drive who are only familiar with cars that have electronic nannies, especially if they try driving in rain/snow without ABS or traction control for the first time

FFS when will people learn to google "aftermarket engine controller", you can literally disable/remove basically all electronics but the ECU, sensors and alternator and program an aftermarket ECU to run any engine
There are even multiple open source software/hardware ECU projects
freeems.org/
rusefi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino

Source, this sound like anti-chinese jingoism tbh

However Mercedes did intentionally build biodegradable wiring harnesses that feel apart during the 90s, Volvo built certain cars with it as well during the 80s
badmercedes.com/
slmarket.com/tag/mercedes-biodegradable-wiring-harness/

Family would inevitably search your comp and phone. Guess what they would do when they connected the dots? They would be fucking pissed

Anyone remembers the death of Putin's driver last year?

This, exactly. Between us an /k/ you have alot of redpilled and eauipped people that would straight out go postal

It really isn't a good idea to merk any of us right now. Or later. We're trigger happy and growing stronger

I'd say the cutoff between what car can be hacked and what car can't is around the 2005 model year. I don't even think it was until the late 90s to early 2000s that the ECU and TCU became integrated into a single unit (The Powertrain Control Unit). And before that they were rudimentary units for controlling actuators based on lookup tables

Modern PCUs run on ARM Cortex-R series processors. This is bad because these are typically System on Chip devices that can easily hide programmable firmwares in embedded ROM. Older vehicle ECUs ran on a variety of much simpler chipsets like Motorola 68ks or Intel 8086s

I wish I could easily get a UAZ

user, if the CIA wants you dead, you having 90's hackerman gear isn't going to stop them

I worried about CIA """""""losing"""""" their hacking tools. Sure the CIA can kill anyone if they put their mind to it, but goddamn it's scary to think that this shit exists and CIA puts no effort into keeping it hidden.

There's an old story from Japan or China, I can't recall which.

>it was a solid piece of granite stone that looked like the tiger

Very informative

Also this
Thx for the info

Frankly, unless you're a whistleblower or some other prominent enemy of the kikes/globalists/federal government, I really don't think the CIAniggers are going to hack your vehicle. I could be wrong, and it might cost me my life, but I really think it's more likely I get killed by a drunk driving nigger on the road than a federal alphabet hacker assassin.

I drive an Oldsmobile Delta 88 coupe made in 1985. I'm not really worried, to be honest.

Man, inevitably going to sound biased (because I am) but you have to drive one of these it's a must. The fact they sound like something that's been unleashed from hell is just an added bonus.

I would have to list basicly every Vehicle build in the last 5 years as most likely hackable, and every somewhat luxury vehicle in the last 10 years as likely hackable.
The List would be gigantic.

Everything before 2000 should be safe.
2000s cars without a infotainment system should be safe as well.
Everything with onstar or other wireless shit is unsafe.

i have a jap car from the 90's so old it uses a tape deck
still runs fine save for gobbling oil like theres no tomorrow and the battery died on me for the first time in 4 years a few months back and had to get a replacement

Kek mine is like that
growls like a lion rolling a pint of phlegm around the back of its throat

Infotainment/wireless systems in general are very insecure but the majority of original pre-2005 onstar systems are analog and service for the has been discontinued over a decade and now the communications band is used for other purposes
technologytell.com/gadgets/24127/say-buy-bye-to-analog-onstar-in-2008/

also its not like you cant pull the fuse to the onstar module, remove the antenna or remove the module itself without much difficulty and without having to worry about error codes

Where is our GNU+Car when we need it?

I don´t own any GM vehicle, nor have I worked on these.
I just made a general statement what should generaly be safe, other cars may be safe as well, just like a 2017 Caterham for example.

As soon as someone can 3D print one, I reckon.

That actualy happened years ago…

localmotors.com/
thingiverse.com/thing:476016
I just did.

I have a hackable car and drove through rotaries with the engine off tonight to get a feel of it. Remember the emergency brake always works (unless they physically cut it like in the old days, but today's spooks are too fuckin lazy).

Not with these newer electrical ones…

least it's a cable brake.

What if they make the lights flash really fast and give you a seizure?

So what does a horse and buggy run these days?

Or just stop being a paranoid cuck in modern cars and run a standalone ecu, or take the bluetooth/cell/onstar transceivers out of the car. GM stuff they're often in the parcel tray.

Then you don't have bluetooth or any way to fuck the cars CANBUS, short of a massive EMP attack which will just stop it dead. GASP - YOU'LL HAVE TO USE A FUCKING 3.5MM JACK TO PLAY MUSIC OH THE HUMANITY!

I prefer to keep the nice shit for the track and the big heavy 90s shitbox for royal daily transportation.

But then other cars are a worry. That's when some real opsec can help.

take a shell you like with good platform/handling and modify yourself to have standalone ecu if you have the $

I have a RWD, once CANBUS, standalone ecu Honda with 580hp+ V8 wedged in it, roll cage and the works. You'll need a truck to kill me in that.

isn't it something how this CIA faggotry effected every board? It's another unifying situation for anons across different interests. Very dangerous times for them

look at the bright side. police cars are hackabe. lets turn this around

Are you sure it's not your brake fluid level indicator? The sender in your brake fluid reservior is typically also wired into that handbrake light. Car manufacturers have been doing that since at least the late 80s if not earlier.

all3dp.com/3d-printed-car/

didn't know that. just checked my fluids to be on the safe side, both cars are fine.
the one that flashes only does it when the hand brake is engaged, the one that's stuck on I left the handbrake up for more than a week or so. this one has bigger problems I need to deal with ;_;
the wiring diagram on the second shows a sensor wired into the brake warning light, I'm sure the first has it now as it's 15+ years newer. may not help me with this problem but I learned something, thanks user.

bump

not just police cars but parts of the traffic grid are actually hackable, for example some people have built DIY "MIRT" devices to change red lights to green on demand