So, according to the leaks yesterday and other leaks before Link is an edgemaster...

So, according to the leaks yesterday and other leaks before Link is an edgemaster, we can't dive except in some places with some item and it drains magic, you can't talk to all characters in the world and town, you can't skip time at day, the dungeon order is NOT 100% non-linear, there still is no voice acting, idiot-proof hints for story twists and it probably is about flooding Hyrule which is more prequel shit that shouldn't matter since we all know how this saga ends (WW).

Why is anyone still hyped for this game?

Wind waker 2?

Because there has never been a bad 3d zelda game. Sure we had a couple mediocore ones but the Zelda series has probably been consistently good more than any other franchise in gaming history.

Who the fuck wants voice acting in a Zelda game?!

True.

This sounds awfully familiar. Stop falling for this bullshit.

And this is still a good thing.

Skyrim fans.

I'm fine with no voice acting as long as they don't do that shit they did in TP where they animate the mouths and nothing comes out. Unless they want to do something like Midna where they speak some made up language or jibberish.

Normalfags and Plebs

That would get really annoying if everyone was doing it.

I prefer no voice-acting. I think it fits the games' overall "storybook" style. Fantasy, fairy tale, whatever you want to call it.

Also voice-actors have become cancer in recent years so fuck 'em.

GEE, IT SURE IS BORING AROUND HERE

Flood Hyrule or kill Ganon

I prefer overall no voice acting. The mouth flaps with no sound just drove me insane and I don't want them doing that. The jibberish would be okay if they worked on it enough to make it convincingly sound like a foreign language. However that is a lot of work when nothing is just superior to everything else.

Why not flood a sexy brown lady Ganon with your semen?

What leaks?

well theres your problem

MUCHA SHATTA BAKA

Short and sweet, like Wind Waker, is best.

All I'm finding is a video set to private on youtube. The icon looks like Zelda U at least

Yeah that works too but if they did that it would probably be like FE:Awakening and If and that would ruin the whole point.

I don't want voice acting in any game now that I think about it. Well maybe RTSes because I like hearing the units say witty things.

The Shulk, Ness and Duck hunt leaks were true though

i have to agree with this user, bad voice acting sometimes breaks immersion, and because of voice acting game file sizes have become bloated beyond all belief.

Now I hate Nintendo fairly passionately, but there's nothing fucking wrong with linearity and the LAST thing I want in a fucking Zelda game is voice acting. Absolutely not, go fuck yourself.

Not to mention these awful cults of personalities forming around voice-actors, many of which are also nepotism-prone hipsters that have a stranglehold on all the talent in the industry. That's why we have the same handful of voices in every single fucking game now, and they're rarely talented or even trying.

when

the only reason you need to never, EVER want voice acting in a Zelda game, or hell any Nintendo release, is because of the fucking localizers.

But Zelda games are supposed to be fun to play.

You must go back to Holla Forums.

Shit, I meant cuckchan Holla Forums.

I think I can't recover from this.

You mean you don't have fun getting killed in some grimdark setting so you can hypothesize about DEEPEST LORE with all your friends?

Fuck, you know what? I think I'm going to break out the old caged thwomp image one of these days to fuck with the autists again. That shit was fun.

Actually, watching some Wind Waker and OoT cutscenes, I'm now convinced that extremely limited voice acting is best tier.

Just a single word or scoff or laugh; just enough to let your mind fill in the dialogue with an appropriate inner voice. Literally cannot go wrong as long as the character's different utterances have the same voice and fits the character. Unless you have brain problems.

You are the cancer, user.
You are the cancer.

How do I re-enter this Holla Forums??

You clearly got hit by the shockwave you fucking casul. Git gud and all that

Hand to God I saw people on 4chan claiming this when that webbum first started getting posted.

Tranny faggots and union shills kill selves.

Why do people want this?!?!?!

It's the same thing as people wanting a story about Zelda during the 7 years Link is absent. They seem like good ideas but the entire point of this plots is that they occurred during times Hyrule was helpless, there'd be no point for a story during these periods.

Yeah that's what I'm referencing. Fromfags sincerely defend those shit hitboxes by saying everything emits invisible shockwaves that only they can "clearly" see.

People want their fanfictions to come true.

all events must be explained in excruciating detail. leave nothing to the imagination.

The first exodus was the only good exodus, go fuck yourself tourist.

Whoops, I thought it was the one with the stone giant.

Good. Voice acting is bullshit that games don't need. All it does is inflate the development cost. Why have 20 voice actors when you could have 2 writers and save a few million?

I'd imagine that some of that DLC was planned but it got cancelled for some reason.

Given how poorly Nintendo has been executing recently, with SFZ being mediocre and Color Splash disappointing people, I don't have high hopes for the new Zelda.

Even if you need voice-actors all you really need to do is put some of the staff into a booth to record for a few days. Maybe hire some people off the street, or go to a college and find volunteers even.

Because the big-name celebrity VAs sure as fuck ain't worth the cash.

The first exodus was 2014, the webm is from 2015 after Bloodborne came out, fuck right off

This

Fuck that, no voice acting is better than shitty amateur voice acting. It's a fucking Zelda game, just get someone in to do the Link yips and the villager noises and you're fucking done. Literally shouldn't take more than ten and that's including vocal warmups.

HA

HAAA

HAAA-AAAH!

Done.

EXCUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS

It's already a given that your best option would be to find a theatre acting troupe and getting them to do your voices.

But even so Zelda is one place I know proper voice acting would be a detriment to it. Sims need Simmlish, Banjo-Kazooie needs its' mumbles and Zelda needs it's grunts and unintelligible gibberish.

I-I was just browsing to see how bad it was, I swear, I only do it a few times a week.

I believe you, go back to Reddit

wew son

Wow that hitbox is shit. Did they patch it? I always found the tall fuckers annoying but it was never this bad. Oh yeah, almost forgot to join in the memening,

Yo OP, mind leaking some NX stuff or is that too risky?

At least tell us if it's stationary or not.

I'll leak it because op has no idea and i'm iwatas ghost. So before i died the last i knew of the nx was that it is both handheld and console kindof. You can play games on the console then take the controller away and connect to the console via wifi and keep playing. It sucks and has no battery life. cap this its real unless they changed it after i died.

That bloom is fucking disgusting.

That's fine.

Good. It better stay that way. Go back to Reddit.

Yo NX will be a handheld, slightly stronger than Vita but can use it as a controller for a home system that's equal to the Xbox One.

How would I know nigga?

Wouldn't the source at EAD know?

also is custom robo dead?

I understand iwata

I always understood

I just…wanted you to understand me too

And I was beginning to think Holla Forums had shit taste.

I had multiple run ins with a shitty user that was whining when HW didn't have VA work because it was too tiresom and distracting to read literally a single sentence while still playing the game.

use your ghost magic to make this post have dubs and ill believe you

I remember that guy too.

Maybe I'm just a fast reader but from the videos I watched I'm pretty sure I could read the lines in about one to two seconds, which is plenty of time when mashing out excessively elaborate combos. And I just mean the character dialogue boxes.

Probably depends on what it means by "dive", if it's underwater swimming and such I can see that being a decent enough way of going about it.

you can't talk to all characters in the world and town

Couldn't in Twilight Princess either, 80% of Castle Town's inhabitants couldn't be talked to because they were just dynamic props more or less

Odd, though I guess if not much happens at night that's not too big a dealbreaker

Good, linear progression of dungeons means more complex and better puzzles. Link Between Worlds had non-linear dungeons for Lorule and its dungeon design was a fucking travesty.

Only retards thought there ever would be, it's tradition now to only voice-act some exclamations or other general inflection-setters (yelps of surprise, yells, etc)

If it's about flooding Hyrule it'd just be another nail in the Hyrule Historia's coffin since Wind Waker establishes the goddesses did it from lack of a hero

nice thread OP

I wanna see some real footage first

if they jsut execute it well enough Im sold

And?

The original Zelda was barely non-linear when it came progression.
It just let you explore and figure out the way to move on by yourself. That's the important thing.

This place is the only one I can trust and believe in

Also,

E3 would probably be the place to see new footage. Also this is on nintendo's E3 page, so I'm guessing this symbol must mean something.

they were the same guy, but this time the "leaks" were even more fanfiction-tier

It's the Sheikah symbol you dummy

I always have user.

You do know thats essentially most nintendo games, minus the ones that pride themselves on VA ala Starfox.

Minimal VA is best VA. If you are going to do VA however, they should go the Banjo Route

smell my butt

Are you trying to tell me to tuck it?

naughty-dog, generic cinematic FAGs

20bux on ninty not having an idea themselves what the fuck gimmick to build NX around and floundering between different ideas and specs.

So what about that playable female option thing huh?

I so sick of retards like you trying to turn every single fucking thing into another TORtanic. Wow, no voice acting and you can't skip time when it's day? What a piece of fucking shit game! Kill yourself.

If you actually give a shit about video games you'll wait for fucking footage.

Where were the leaks posted?

Cool, I think it'll be a breath of fresh air for once. This "edgy" meme is retarded in all but the most extreme cases anyway, just another poor shaming tactic.
I can barely stand underwater sections in every game I've ever played, sounds fine to me.
In any game that you can they have some of the most boring, unimaginative dialogue possible. I always just skim through it in the hopes they'll give me an item once I catch on to the fact that they're all boring as shit.
Could potentially be annoying if there are a lot of time-specific events/enemies, hopefully the cycle is quick enough for it not to matter, though preferably not OoT quick.
Thank fucking God, ALBW was such a boring pile of shit. I hate this Western non-linearity trend the nips are desperately trying to copy. Storytelling, pacing and dialogue in general suffers greatly for it to even be possible. Let it fucking die already.
It's a modern Nintendo game targeted at adolescents, I don't know what you're expecting.

I've grown to really dislike Nintendo in the last year myself, but don't shoot this shit down so early. It's probably the only good game we're going to get from them for years.

good, zelda games were always boringly text heavy
who cares
this isn't a bad thing or a good thing
voice acting is for retards

not sold on the new zelda

wait, people actually fucking want voice acting in a Zelda game?

OK< I don't know what leaks are you talking about, but

holy shit

is … is that a prequel to Wind Waker? Will we play in a story where Ganon will actually WIN over your character?
That's why people were talking about the possibility of Link being a girl, because… She's not THE chosen one, and will actually fail?

I really want reddit to leave.

Thanks for reminding me with that picture why I hate the bloom waker with all my might, OP. Thanks

must be readit right guys?

First of all, I haven't been able to muster up hype for upcoming games in a long, long time.
Secondly, nothing in the OP sounds particularly bad. A couple of them are straight up reassuring.
Third, it doesn't even matter because leaks are the gayest.
I'll be happy to discuss Zelda U when there's actually something to discuss.

Isn't that true for nearly every open world RPG? Lots of NPCs are just window dressing.

man the way those twilek headtentacles lie on their chest

i'd support it if they made lunk the CDI zeldo

This is the cuckchan Holla Forums.

Those random voice sounds Twilight Princess had where fucking enough indeed.
Fuck voice acting anyways, most of it is cringe shit service to people who are too lazy to read.

This, it's so boring. The writing is never good either, worse than Bethesda's Emil Papagalo.

Well, yeah. Why not? At least for the player and unique NPC's only, like in FO2. As long as it's skipable and the VA isn't cringeworthy.

In Bethesda's games, maybe a few. There are honestly a lot more NPC's with unique interactions in Bethesda's games than other RPG's. If I can recall, everyone has a unique dialog in Gothic II.

Every single time it's exactly that one stupid argument. You'd think that those people that are simply too fucking lazy to read even a SINGLE FUCKING SENTENCE never made it past grade school.

Honestly, I'd be fine is more games, RPGs especially, did the Animal Crossing thing and pitch-shifted a soundbite or phonetic reading of the letters.

Ew. Stop posting anytime.

Voice acting is alright in stealth games.