Skyboxes

post comfy skyboxes

Other urls found in this thread:

halostarscope.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone has the spyro games skyboxes?

Anything in the new Mad Max game is actually pretty fucking solid.
Which is a fucking godsend considering how much time you spend looking at the sky and road.

damn internets

I used to make skyboxes as a hobby like ten years ago, don't even remember what drive they're on now.

I've had more than one user recommend me this game now. Is it really that good or just mediocre? I'm genuinely debating wasting the bandwidth on it.

The best skyboxes are ones with animated elements like clouds, GTA V in particular seems to have dynamic cloud formation

Didn't it have Denuvo?

well shit, looks like it… though I wouldn't mind buying it if it really is good.

クールストーリーブロwwwwww

Morrowind mods had some pretty good stuff.

Bungie's always been incredibly good with this stuff, probably the best at mixing skybox and far detailing.

For all the shit 343/CA gets, they've actually done a stellar job at least in the skybox department, i'd say just as good as bungie.

It's actually hard to get good screenshots of a lot of them because there's cool shit like 360 degrees around you.

Try to find a single screenshot showing off all the cool bits of Solace's or Shatter's skybox.

Even though its dated, I liked how they look in Sonic Adventure

Gonna post some miscellaneous halo skyboxes from both Bungie and 343 era halo games

The jungle one's is a bit obscured by the trees but you still can see enough of it to get the idea

Likewise, as I mention here for the panorama in this, there's no real way to get a good shot of the skybox since the cool stuff is at an odd angle but is also all around you.

Basically the atmosphere is literally being melted off above you and everything in the horizon is on fire, and ships fly overhead shooting orbital bombardment plasma beams down in the background.

actually wait found a shot that's half decent, too bad somebody is standing in the middle of the fucking frame

I ripped the panorama from a interactive web app 343 had where you could look around the envoirments, and as such when viewed as a normal image the seams don't match up 100%, but hopefully you still can get what it's supposed to be.

I also cut out the behind/above/below views since they were unimportant.

halostarscope.com/ here's the interactive thing they are from if you wanna check it out

I think this area is so pretty it deserves a few shots

I miss you Bungie ;_;

A good half of those were 343 or certain affinity though

I hope spyro 4k guy is still around
Man's work is going to be my desktop backgrounds for years to come

damn bungie may have made shitty fps but those screenshots look incredible when you realize how seamlessly they mixed skybox and renders, 343 did some good shit with forge world as well.

big fan of 4k spyro guy, those trips would do him proud

Are those actual in-game screenshots in 4K? Or is it remade in photoshop?

destiny have the best skyboxs in gaming history

damn shame the game sux

If I remember right, he set the emulator res to 4k and took screenshots. Lots of beautiful pictures of the scenery, halls, etc

The skyboxes he had the emulator dump I think, have some more

It's on par with halo skyboxes, which is no suprise since bungie made both.

Shit, really? Despite being a PS1 game, they do look good

Yeah, the Spyro games (along with the Crash and MML games) are some of the better looking 3D PS1 games.

Basically, someone made some program called the Spyro World Viewer that allows for positioning a camera wherever and taking screenshots of the level and skyboxes, with no objects or NPCs loaded.

was only a matter of time before spyro got posted

Halo had the best skyboxes

The Mario 64 skyboxes look more uncanny than comfy for whatever reason

Does anyone have the skyboxes from Tribes Ascend? I remember those looking beautiful.

The mod ones still get updated. Clouds almost look photo realistic and with added sky shaders insanely beautiful. When I boot up Morrowind I walk around more than I use boats or striders. Pure comfy.

It has Denuvo but it's one of the early 'versions' so it's been bypassed at the least, if not cracked, the point is you can pirate it

Also it's not a good game if you're one of those guys who are like 100% gameplay, nothing-else-matters attitude

The game's got

As with everything, pirate to see if it's your thing before buying it; most people say it's getting repetitive and it's true, what you're doing in the first 2 hours you end up doing for most of the game, but I thoroughly loved it for its whole duration because I fucking love collect-a-thon games (I even pirate every new Assassin's Creed game just for the collectibles, take that as you will)

yep mad max is pretty good, not the greatest game of 2015 by any means but I had enough fun that I bought the game used for my PS4 the photo mode is really awesome

what is that wet-dry world skybox anyway?

Half-Life series (and by extension Black Mesa) has some great looking skyboxes

I especially love the dynamic nature of Surface Tension's skybox in the hillside, with planes flying and bombing stuff inside the 3D skybox

The start of episode 2 might be one of the most beautiful sceneries in any video game to date.

the source engine can do alot of great things

Saddest thing about this all, you can't even go there. That's what bumped me the most about HR.

Shopped image of Istanbul most likely. You can sort of see the Hagia Sophia in the background

Step it the fuck up.

I have exactly 4 from EVE online.
the jews know how to make skyboxes.

if 343 has done one thing right it's the skyboxes.

Anybody have the EFMI skyboxes? The series' swoopy clouds are maximum comfy.

I don't have anything to contribute but I don't want this thread to die.

same

Does anybody have some from Grindframe? Some of those are pretty good

What? I didn't post the second two. God dammit, Holla Forums.

Thief 1, 2, and 2X have real comfy looking cityscape skyboxes, damn shame I don't know how to get a hold of them.

Never mind, found some, contributing

Thread over, Doom 3 wins.

post the comfiest blue tones

it's like vietnam flashbacks except they're microsoft flashbacks

The skybox in censoredblade X was pretty comfy.
Shame about the game itself.

this thread is freaking me out. somehow the skyboxes are more nostalgic than the games

Does anyone have all the skyboxes for Wave Race 64? That would be great.

Its because they're so ubiquitous, Mario 64 is a very ubiquitous game because so little is explained about the game's world

You know how movie makers and song writers make very experimental shit that is really eerie sometimes?

Mario 64 is probably the closest to that we'll come for videogames, because it was very much experimental, there were 3D games before it but this I think was the first modern 3D game (or rather post-modern given the time of its release)

It's really n64 games in general. Something about the low poly models, empty envoirments, and fog in those games just made them uneasy

Then you have shit like Majora's mask that was designed to be creepy and gloomy on top of that.

bump

you end up noticing all the shortcuts they had to take and it ends up looking like a movie set. its charming but its kind of creepy