>Characters we're supposed to side against who actually had a point

I'll start with the senator.

In any remotely believable world Mutants would be both co-opted by governments around the world and controlled through all available means, or rule Earth, or Earth would be dead. Point is, Mutants should be registered and stop comparing them to (insert minority here).

Any such law is unenforceable.

The point of such a law is to keep tabs on the Mutant population for quick action if needed. Frame it as a matter saying only those foul Brotherhood Muties would be against registering since they have something to hide and refuse to share with non-Mutie humanity.

It's doubly hilarious because the writers who wrote the mutant registrars as villains are almost certainly all totally gung ho for registration of firearms. Because preventing citizens from owning semi-auto rifles is a moral imperative, but keeping track of someone who can destroy a tank by glaring at it is beyond the pale.

This is why I never got into X-Men.

I think the writers for these Senator Kelly storylines never really understood law enforcement all that well. Typical for people who don't get arrested or have never had to deal with police for more than a speeding ticket or two in their entire lives. They never seemed to consider that police do an assload of paperwork for everything that happens. Along with the everwatching eye on the government, they would easily compile a massive casefile on each and every evil mutant, track their movements, understand what their powers are and possibly even develop the best ways to neutralize them if necessary.

And as we've seen, that's actually kind of the case. SHIELD keeps an eye on every fucking metahuman and mutant and inhuman anyways, and has numerous weapons and protocols for dealing with the pesky shits. So what's the point of ol' Crabhand Kelly there? 'Gubbermint bad! Gubbermint RACIST!" or some shit? Oh no! He wants to register and keep track of people with dangerous powers that regularly cause huge problems for the safety and wellbeing of everyone around them! What a goddamned monster!

Not exactly Holla Forums related but almost every "villain" in star wars is like that.

The Separatists in the prequels maybe but the Empire were pretty upfront about being uncompromising dicks in the originals, EU material and retcons aside.

even Maul?

fuk off, shitskin

Ask Canada how well their firearms registration went. Didn't help a damn thing (criminals didn't register) and the mounties have been caught breaking into houses post disaster-evacuation hoping to bust people on technicalities after the list was supposed to have been destroyed. Demanding people (worse yet, their parents because mutants almost always manifest as children), most of whom can blend into the normal population without any difficulty, to register is unworkable.

Even screening the population with non-invasive mutant detectors (The sentinels have had this for forever) is a nightmare to pull off. The easiest checkpoint, schools, falls apart the moment the screening is public knowledge as parents put children into charter/home schools which become a logistical nightmare to screen in any state remotely friendly to it.

Stay mad, aspie.

Though they kinda lost credibility when they sent GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS to handle Mutants. Can you imagine the property damage just from a Sentinel trying to catch ONE Mutant?

Especially when you consider that a single sniper with a tranq gun could do the job much more easily and efficiently in most cases if the mutant was not constantly on guard

They're mutants because of their genes, right? Why don't they just sterilize or kill all of the people carrying the gene to get rid of the "assholes with superpowers" problem that makes living in comic book universes suck for the average person?

That's why they built the sentinels. I remember Quicksilver had a moment in one comic where he explained to some other mutants how humanity was right to build them. Something along the lines of "Of fucking course they're building sentinels, Magneto can lift cities with his fucking mind".

Mutants are assholes pretty much as a rule. Even during decimation when the X-gene was nullified Cyclops acted like it was the worst thing that could happen. No death, no destruction, Cyclops worst nightmare was mutants being just like everyone else.
That kind of contempt is what turned me off Cyclops and the X-men in general. At first I could accept that Magneto hated humans but he had a backstory and all that and the X-men wanted to show mutants aren't all evil and such: But Cyclops then made it abundantly clear he thinks humans are shit as well, he just hid it better.

Not everyone with an X-gene actually becomes a mutant since it's activated by radiation, so you'd be killing a lit of innocent people. Ethical concerns aside it's still less practical to genocide mutants than it would be to just have some supergenius/wizard invent a device or spell to harmlessly deactivate the X-gene. Which has happened before and for some reason the fucking mutants were mad about it.

Because they want to be treated equal, but also keep the superpowers.

Sometimes I'm not sure if we're actually supposed to disagree with him. Red Skull makes a lot of valid points.

Even the Vongs?

If you didn't want to agree with him, he'd make a terrible villain. He's the sort of bad guy that has a point, but he gives "easy answers" to problems where the easy answer almost always means doing morally wrong shit. He frames the world in a way that everyone wants to see it, but goes about creating that world in an evil way. That's why modern Red Skull is so badly done as a villain. The SJW writers at marvel have such a broken concept of what 'evil" is, that instead of creating a utopia without terrorism by nuking the middle east from the face of the Earth, he's doing it by passing legislation to limit immigration, which is something normal people actually want.

Makes me sympathetic to Rogue for actually wanting to be free of the burden her mutation places on her and those around her.

So mutants are basically feminists.

SJWs actually do believe that any kind of discrimination - for any reason - is the worst sin a person can commit. Worse than murder or child molestation even. This is exemplified by their attempting to rebrand pedophilia as a legitimate sexual orientation while pissing their pants in anger when President Trump banned people from the worst countries in the world from entering the US for a few months. If the Middle East were to be nuked out of existence, their rage over the event wouldn't stem from the loss of millions of lives or irreplaceable historical sites and artifacts, it would be about the fact that evil whitey was mean to brown people.

"With great power comes no additional responsibility" t. Scott "Cyclops" Summers

What's especially weird about their hateboner for discrimination or prejudice, besides the fact that they discriminate extra fucking hard against anyone slightly right of them, is that it's rooted in this bizarre belief that consequences should not exist.. yet again, for everyone else, except straight white men, and even then, all must pay for the crimes of a few. But they believe that black men being sent to prisons for crimes they were convicted of shouldn't be allowed, or that illegal immigrants aren't doing anything wrong when they move in and commit tons of document fraud to leech off welfare, food stamps, school lunch programs, and so on.

For instance.. Jamal can be a violent, repeat offender with a lifetime of drug and assault charges and even a few years of juvie and prison on his record, but that doesn't mean the police are justified treating him like a dangerous criminal when they catch him with an illegal firearm and a bag full of narcotics…. That's how these fucking people think the world should work.

kek

lol, are they going to hide from the rest of society? Good luck.

Any force capable of destablilizing society how Mutants can won't be just ignored by any notable government. Don't be naive.

No, the Sentinels (or the idea) are a practical solution to the problem of recording Mutants. Maybe not have them be giant robots.

What would be the point of registration then if SHIELD already does all of the functions of registration? Wouldn't the Senator be aware of this as well?

what, how? Imagine for a second that mutants as they exist in the comics are real and a part of our world, what the fuck are the police and the military supposed to do against someone capable of mass telepathic mind control or the ability to create earthquakes or the power to regenerate from a single fucking blood cell? Would you want your children going to school with a kid who is one argument or bullying incident away from accidentally summoning a gigantic tornado? Would you be comfortable with living WMD's potentially living next door to your house?
making them comically gigantic is retarded, they work a lot better being Nimrod sized.

People don't even trust the government to take the right amount of taxes out of their pay check.

The deal with the X-Men is so bad that even Cracked back in the day ran a partial article about this, villains who were right, and supported Kensy.

Of course, the deal with the Xmen is the same with all superpowered people. Namely, how the fuck do you actually tell them no, and enforce it?

Xmen was the only Marvel comic set that ever bothered to address the issue at all. It was also the only one to ever bother giving something like an explicit answer. Namely, you hope and pray some group of superhumans is sympathetic and is willing to defend you and is capable of doing so.

But in doing so, along with the response, Sentinels, forces the Xmen into their own secluded universe, or Marvel just makes zero sense at all.

Honestly, most MUTANTS would prefer what the Government has to offer.
In all honesty, the government would be better off doing the "Xavier's School for Mutants" thing more than he would because he keeps all the weapons and shit in the same school that he keeps children.

Not exactly. Spiderman and Captain America are just one off flukes. Keep people away from radiation or potions and the like and your fine.
But the X men problem is that its a roulette. You may have the ability to spit fire….or cause nuclear explosions. And these abilities could activate when your 35…Or 3 months old and trigger them instinctively.

The Irony is I actually GET why you would fear mutants more then Spiderman or say the Fantastic 4.

Unless it's FDR. Notice they never talk about taking him off the dime for his overt racism (that wasn't even standard for the day. Just two presidents prior Coolidge took every occasion to condemn discrimination. The dissent in Korematsu even compared EO9066 to the acts of the Nazis) or anti-gay witch hunts.

Anyone have the Fantastic Four comic where Mr. Fantastic admits to his infant daughter the reason he made the group into celebrities was so they wouldn't be freaks the world hates and fears?

wtf I love FDR now

I dunno.I guess the problem is that even if MR Fantastic didn't have superpowers everybody would love his family. A bunch of globe (And Dimension) trotting super scientific philanthropists.
With Mutants its reversed. Even without their superpowers, they would be nasty, spiteful destructive people. Scheming, Aggressive, infighting, secretive, stupid, elitist dicks.

Actually, you're supposed to side against him, but he ALSO has a point. That's why X-Men holds up so well. At least the political villains aren't one-note. The military villains however are stupid.

Or more specifically, the military villains are only there to prove the politician villains wrong with their extreme methods.

Evil politician: X-Men are evil because they destroy shit as evidenced here, also they attacked the friggin president. We have to discuss that shit.

Evil military: Which gives us the right to kill and experiment on mutants, which means the politician is wrong LEL

Kinda like real life, isn't it?

Mutants aren't human beings, so human rights don't apply to them. It's better that the be experimented on than actual people.

Actually not Maul he just wants power

That's true, but as I said, the politicians are/ should be the ones to discuss it, while the military abuses the abundance of human rights on mutants.

Human rights are a made up term invented by Jews to cripple white agency. You'll note no other populace on the planet gives a shit about human rights unless they can use them to whine at whitey.

fuck you! you are not taking my guns qt mutant

The notion that America or any other first world country would proceed to just stick the Muties in Death Camps once they figured out what they were capable of is ridiculous. At the least Mutants like Xavier, Emma Frost, Storm, etc. would either certainly be co-opted by governments or would make names for themselves in whatever fields they're in. Hell, having Earth turn into the Imperium of Man Mutant Emperor Xavier would be more believable.

I know right, and Wolverine can't cut steel beams.

Xavier would get a bullet to the head the moment they figured out what he is capable of. If they knew about Cerebro they'd nuke the school.

And this makes the concept bad why?

Because it serves no other purpose than to give whites a disadvantage.

You're a fucking retard

Holla Forums has taught you well.

It's not my fault reality upsets you.

You didn't really explain anything. You just sort of rambled about conspiracy bullshit

The best I can figure is that he thinks the purpose of human right is to make it so white people can't use slave labor, thus "Disadvantaging" whites.

It's odd that he thinks human rights disadvantage whites. If white countries are the only ones that actually care about human rights then it's no coincidence that white countries are the only ones that aren't complete shit

Whites can't wage war effectively because of "human rights", thus losing men whose lives could have been spared. Whites have to waste time and resources trying to get subhumans to adhere to human standards (see the British trying to stop niggers from selling each other into slavery), whites have to constantly tiptoe around entitled minorities and give them gibs while said minorities savage whites at every opportunity.

Naturally, you leftist imbeciles are incapable of facing the hard truths and have to pretend it's about slavery.

Oh, human rights are all fine when applied to whites. Most other cultures aren't big on fucking over their own either. The issue here is pathological altruism extended to those that are never going to reciprocate and only see it as a sign of weakness to be exploited.

Welfare has nothing to with human rights you idiot

Read what you wrote again very, very carefully. Just do it, trust me on this.

We have to see him as badwrong for not letting Korra do whatever she wants.

Kuvira too.

Thats the problem with the connected universe. A lot of people argue that X men would make sense in their own universe rather than the Marvel one.

The only negative thing I can think of regarding human rights is when it comes down to negative rights and positive rights. Positive rights say you are entitled to something while negative rights are just the rights the government is not allowed to infringe upon. The positive rights tend to get expanded as time goes on which makes it dubious in my opinion.

Thing is I don't see Muties having much Kinship either. Its not like they all become 12 feet tall and made of Stone.
If I was a Mutie who had Frog Physiology, a Mutant that could dismantle me on a molecular level would be just as much as a terror for me as I would for others.

The problem for Muties is just how varied they are. They genuinely ARE a threat to themselves AND others. Maybe fire blaster guy isn't that terrible (Assuming he doesn't burn his own face off at the age of 3), but brain control person would be a disaster!

Oh yeah, there's also Lin Beifong:

It's worse when you recall they made the prince into a buffoon who couldn't lead a marching band.

Do the comics ever address how mutants identify? Like you could have a black mutant who feels more like a black man than a mutant?

I doubt Achmed the Arab is going to sudenly bond with Magneto over being Mutants kept down by dastardly homo sapien when he's an European Jew.

Lin really got shafted. Her mother is a whore who takes her sister's side and tell her own daughter to commit a crime by letting her sister go. Sister doesn't even get scolded for acting like a criminal and nearly killing her own sister, mom fucks back to the swamp to be a useless waste of space while younger sister gets rich and famous, and then Lin's own boyfriend dumps her for a younger woman.

Oh, yeah, that part too. Everyone's acting surprised she took one look at that manlet and decided she has more balls than him and is a better leader.

I imagine unless they become blue or horribly disfigured they'd still default to their race/ethnicity. I mean, governments would be going bananas to recruit as many mutants as possible because no matter how poor your country is lucking out and having a very potent mutant as one of your citizens would basically turn the power balance in the region in your favor in an instant. The X-Men comics are completely fucking retarded in how they handle mutants just so they can push the Civil Rights agenda.

Sure, some mutants would get treated like monsters, but most of them would be superstars and national heroes. Who in the right mind would allow individuals with such potential to be persecuted?

The issue that never gets brought is both active recruitment of Mutants into Police Forces, and Mutants strong enough to give authority the middle finger hard enough to BECOME authority.

Not Magneto level, but a large enough group of mutants that just lolnope the government.

But then, Marvel doesn't have the balls to depict what happens when the occupation governments of white nations are suddenly useless.

Its never assholes with superpowers that give governing forces headaches.

Its good, decent people who come to the conclusion that violence is their only option, and they are suddenly capable of enough violence.

It isn't morally wrong.

The EU actually made them make sense. In the EU, most of the dickish ones died at Endor, the commander left were the ones out on the rim and doing shit, like hunting pirates and protecting civilians. They stayed with the Empire, because they viewed it as the legitimate government and valued order and law over everything else.

He dindu nuffin wrong.

Maul just wanted senpai to notice him. :(

Suyin is just a poorly designed character. From posts on tumblr (I know) the best read of what led up to her appearence in the show was:

A. Not giving a straight answer on Lin's birth father (note Suyin's dark skin and her son).

B. Addressing complaints about the lack of relevant maternal figures (recall how Katara didn't do jack about Unalaq).

So here comes Suyin, the wonderful mother/businesswomen/ruler who's adored by everybody who's not a villain or Lin. She wasn't mentioned by Tenzin or Lin before Book 3 so they needed a way to address that, hence the backstory with her being a delinquent who scarred Lin. It ended up making Suyin into a foul brat enabled by her neglectful mother (who's a slut).

Wu's "character arc" is really off. We're obviously to see Kuvira as a tyrant overstepping her boundaries, but Wum is presented as a wannabe playboy that's disrespected by Team Korra. He never grows to become a worthy leader until the last minute where we're suddenly supposed to buy him as worthy to lead (or at least to declare that the Earth Kingdom would disband).

Supposedly, there were plans for an episode where Wu travels around meeting his subjects, bulding up to him becoming more capable which didn't make the cut. Even so, that calls to question what made it necessary to make Wu so pathetic if we're supposed to oppose Kuvira and yet side with him (or at least Team Korra for doing that).

I still do not understand why they found it necessary to ruin Toph's character. She's a whore, she's a neglectful, shitty pattern and likely a coalburner on top. I mean, okay, if you wanted to tell an interesting story I'd understand why you decided to do that with her, but there was really nothing in the story that required her to be such a shitty person and mother.

I get that's what they're trying to do, but the way they present it is beyond shit. Kuvira goes to talk with the council and they present her some degenerate manlet whose only qualification to rule is that he's blood related to the royal family, a royal family that the show watchers have seen is pretty much made up of incompetents and madmen utterly unfit to rule. Kuvira, like anyone with a shred of brain, rejects this proposal and pleads with Suyin to take matters into her own hands considering her prestige and the respect and resources she commands, only for Suyin to let her down just as she has let down everyone else close to her. Kuvira naturally does the only reasonable thing and goes off to fix the mess herself. The writers were so inept and handled this so poorly they had to do a 180 with both Wu and Kuvira. Wu suddenly becomes competent in the span of five minutes and everyone likes him and Kuvira decides it's time for a shoah for no understandable reason.

I still can't understand how the same people that wrote Avatar could so consistently fuck up four seasons of Korra.

I would've preferred the Bastion-sized Sentinels. Human sized, can pass off as humans..that's how you nail mutants, when they least expect it. Nimrods are still too bulky but then again, with guys like Ultron running around, having machines that disguises as humans is begging to be misused by the government.

Depends on which version of the Commander. The used car salesman turned terrorist leader? Yeah, he did nothing wrong. Snake man from Shangri-La? Maybe did something wrong?

The used car salesman one.

Because in Avatar they had Aaron Ehasz as head writer helping them flesh out their ideas. Basically its a George Lucas situation. Bryke are the idea guys and Ehasz helped them refine it to something good.

But for SJW that's the same as launching the Holocaust. Open borders for illegal immigrants is for them the Utopia, because it means the end of the capitalist christian white pigs

There's also a pragmatic angle. Just look at California, they actually voted Republican right up to the late 80s, but once the spics became the majority the state has become a surefire Democratic stronghold. It's not only that they enjoy getting worshiped by the non-white hordes, it's that those same hordes keep electing them into perpetuity. By 2050, if trends persists, the US will elect Democrats and nobody else.

White Lefties have significantly lower birth levels than White Shitlords.

LoK made it a point to not only harp on mommy and daddy issues but try to "crooken" old heroes. Aang's kids either grew to have grudges against him thanks to his parenting or squirmed in the shadow of living up to him (Katara apparently enabled this), we already talked about Toph, Sokka's missing but he just might have being a deadbeat dad if Suyin's his daughter, that just leaves Zuko and maybe they realized making his kids have issues was a bit much.

In LoK's generation Korra has issues with her father, Naotak's sons had issues with him, Kuvira had issues with Suyin. There was even a Bryke interview where one of them more or less says the father stands in the way of their progressive heroes.

Kuvira's a messy character. She's supposed to be a Hitler/Mao stand-in but she doesn't do on-camera much to earn such a position. She's supposed to be a "Dark Mirror" of Korra but beyond being butch, having moments of cockiness, and being a savior she's not really much like Korra. She, like Unalaq (a reactionary usurper and a cultist for a dark god) before her, comes off as two seperate ideas for a villain (an Earth Kingdom revanchist and Dark Korra).

Said leftists are flooding Western countries with spics, niggers and mudshits, and those animals will keep voting leftist so long as the gibs keep flowing. I tried once to explain to my gay cousin why importing millions of Muslims, whose favorite passtime was throwing homosexuals off buildings, was a bad idea. He couldn't grasp the idea that said Muslims, once they reach sufficient numbers, could use the democratic process to elect their own candidates and vote in their own laws. He was too stupid to understand that these people can't be integrated and Western countries would sooner bend to their will than they become civilized.

But, you know, I'm the fucking racist, ignorant bigot for pointing out uncomfortable truths. Since then I've made it my life mission to bring up non-PC stats about faggots at every family get together.

I heard right before the bombing of Pearl Harbor they were voting on splitting California into two states.

Oh, the sweet, sweet irony. What they mean is that a competent father figure prevent the child from turning into a total fuckup (which is basically what the whole cast of LoK is like). Once again leftists prove they have zero self-awareness or the ability to see further than their own asshole.

So are all the villains. Amon was just a cheap copout, he would have worked much, much better if they had played him straight. Unalaq is basically "it's time for the Water tribe to be the bad guys", Zaheer actually had a point considering how much the Fire Nation advanced the sciences during the period Aang was frozen, and how the Avatar prevents political issues from ever reaching a satisfying conclusion for any party, thus perpetuating the cycle of violence. Kuvira's "evil", like you said, is so badly telegraphed to the audience so she comes across as the only sane person in the room (or at least it did for me).

Don't know if Holla Forums or not but that's a basic economic fallacy, called "Broken Window Fallacy" as in: Its good to break a window because now we have jobs from fixing it and people spend money on an industry.
What people don't understand, is that the money would be spent on something else instead (Maybe an extra window, or curtains for that window).
Its same for warfare. The Fire Nation mainly forced scientist man to create their inventions, the problem being he would have likely been able to create a fuck ton more without Fire Nation invasion.
Without Fire Nation Invasion, he would be able to pass areas with much less harassment, allowing for trade routes and stable relationships between cities much easier. Sokka or characters smarter then him would be able to reach him and communicate much faster without Fire Nation threat.
Zaheer has a point on his own, but it really stands to nothing. Korra ignored the most vital aspect of an Avatar, and that is how an Avatar has the knowledge of his forebearers, as well as being mainly incapable of major favoritism because of his past lives.
Really the Avatars past lives power is the least valuable part of the avatar. In fact, Kioshi ended a major war from a Tyrant within the Earth Nation just like that and ended the violence…mainly by killing him.

Fags/Dykes/Trannies are nihilistic (can't bare children without resorting to cuckoldry and have been glorified for their consumption habits or use to demoralize White Men while defiling Sex Roles. They don't have a stake in their communities, let alone Western society. Sticking it to the White Man overrides any faux concern for other fags.

And now you make the mistake of assuming that war slows down technological advance, when in fact it's warfare that acts as a steroids injection for the development of new technologies. You mention the "science man", by which I assume you're talking about the Mechanist, who only really co-developed the hot air balloon. Before that the Fire Nation had actually one through an industrial revolution. All the technologies you see in LoK are only possible because of the Fire Nation, and the Fire Nation was only able to develop said technologies because the Avatar was out of their hair and let humanity be humanity. The USSR and the US weren't developing space technology for shit and giggles, all that technology got directly funneled back into better ICBMs to threaten the other side with.

Oh, yes, I'm sure everyone is grateful there's a spirit appointed fuck that meddles in everyone's affairs to maintain their personal interpretation of "balance". All the Avatar does is stunt growth and fuck over people.

I mean it's kinda overdone with this story. I understand what it represents but I think we need a new story line.

Again I say that its a quite gross misunderstanding of warfare. Yes, machines get made to more efficiently kill people, but that splosions and damage destroys other industry and re-focuses development on warfare. Warfare is steriods for warfare development. Mostly nothing else. Anything else that gets developed gets developed by accident, as a side product, and there is no guarantee that it wouldn't be invented anyway.
During WWII, America ends up so strapped on resources, everybody has to give away their Aluminum and many industries were forced to go without it.

Its like saying that therefore Iraq or Africa should be the most developed because it has constant warfare all the time!
Wait so why are you bringing up Lok now? Which developed during peacetime? And is Legend of fucking Korra? It's nonsense really. Might as well bring up Rava and the Celestial Alignment shit.
Is your point:
"Under wartime, it will take the fire nation 100 years to advance from the same kind of steampowered ship, and the same kind of steampowered ship and only gain a leg up because of a secluded genius, but without wartime, there will be electricity, batteries, and industry in 80".
Your either Holla Forums, or really stupid. Most likely both.

Tho I wish we'd stop overpowering every single comic book character.