So was it really about the stages of greif or not?

So was it really about the stages of greif or not?

This theories been around for a long time, long before mattwat copy pasted it for ad revenue.

The common theory is simply Link died in the Lost Woods -hence why Wind Waker happens- and he enters the transitory purgatory of Termina as he learns to accept his death. Each of the areas represents the stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Its widely accepted to be one of the darker Zeldas and it seems nowadays it seems the reaction has changed because A: everyone hates that game theory faggot except normalfags B: the "MC was dead all along and in purgatory" is a cheap cop out by modern standards and folks forget how old this is and C: creepypasta has put people off darker subtext in games as "shit for edgelords".

Personally im unsure. Mostly because, if it is, whats the motivation for it?
Just as you can say "the purgatory trope wasnt so much a trope in vidya back then" judging the product in a void you cant then go 'but it explains wind waker' because in the same void wind waker wasnt an idea yet. So why design a hastily produced Ocarina of Time sequel thats completely about death and grief?

As far as i read up the lead devs had no familial tragedies nor no national tragedies to influence them. While Zelda had dark elements in most games it also seems odd to see such a stark right turn without good reason from a design standpoint.

Or maybe it was just an excuse to go nuts and try something different for a change in theming?

What do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/673466/aa94d750c1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh my GOD give it a fucking rest, this is more retarded than squall is dead.com.

Who the fuck is Link

Call me crazy but maybe… just maybe…

THE STORY IS EXACTLY WHAT IT PRESENTS ITSELF AS AND APPEARS TO BE ON THE SURFACE.

I've always thought, and still think that termina is just another "layer" of time, not an afterlife, just a different time stream.
link gets caught in some kind of time fuck up and Majora's Mask is in essence a groundhog day situation where you've got to experience failure a few times to know what to do in which order to save as many as possible / live out the "best" day

It's cause Koizumi has a huge hard-on for writing/story based games, hence the direction this game took.

He was also in charge of writing the manual/back-story to ALttP and Link's Awakening, and was the reason the Rosalina/Luma storyline existed in Super Mario Galaxy.

Also I feel like when it comes to this game and people interpreting the themes it's like making a mountain out of a molehill. Why can't people just accept the fact they wanted to create a heavy atmosphere game? They said Termina was heavily inspired by Alice in Wonderland and was supposed to be dream-like, why can't we just leave it at that?

That still makes you question the motivation behind its choice. You go from Ocarina to "link gets lost in the lost woods and finds a new land in a tree where everyone is a doppelganger and a moons falling" and even by links awakenings standards thats a bit random.

Usually writers will leave direct tells in a work to let the person taking part in it know that there is some sort of allegory or allusion taking place.

Or simply mistake imagery for a deeper meaning.

If you actually pay attention to the start: the motivation of link being there isn't a mystery: he is grieving. The story isn't symbolic of grief, it's explicitly part of the characters motivations.

And many of the NPCs in the game just exhibit ascribed traits of people who are suffering through a crisis.

There isn't some "hidden message". Just take it at face value, it's rich enough of a narrative and setting.

She's the princess Zelda has to rescue every game.

Because discussion is fun.

I'd say the story's subtext is more about accepting the loss of a friend. Termina is a representation of Link learning to accept that he cannot reunite with Navi.

That's actually the dumbest thing I ever heard. Do you think that the Crucible is not an allegory of McCarthyism but strictly a surface dramatization of the Salem Witch Trials?

Not being american this is the first time i heard the term.
After looking it up: are americans on Holla Forums the most retarded people that ever lived?
How the fuck can they know about something like McCarthyism yet act the way they act every day with no self awareness?

Its as bad here in bongland. Tumblr art=thought crime and pc knee jerk offense is seeing a return to thatcherism era "art on public trial" witch hunting.

Hey there! thanks for making gay marriage

It's a technique that's a secret to everybody.

I've always found it genuinely interesting people shit themselves over what every item description means in Dark Souls but Majora with its far more clear : X has lost her children, Y has lost their hero and so on is far less often talked about and it makes me wonder if people want the obtuse nature to spin their own narrative OC headcanon in a way.

I mean shit the happy mask salesman looking kids wearing the boss masks under the lone tree inside the moon was a more interesting "what does it mean" than all the item placement shit vaati blogshits about for patreon shekels.

the story was inspired by some trippy shit for sure and it was definitely meant to be a creepy game, but parallel worlds are nothing new to xeldo

But what if… Zelda was a grill?

Majora's Mask was an official nintendo pickup of a mod some nip made. Don't look to deeply into it, it's not canon in any sense.

Post that hentai thing where her head gets crushed by Ganon. I remember that being a decent mind break comic.

I think the Legend of Zelda games were never intended to be connected in any way, every time a new game is made it's made with similar characters, themes and plot because it sells well. You know what to expect when buying a LoZ game. OoT and MM just showcase this more heavily since they are so similar to the point of people thinking they're connected when they're not. MM is about as connected plot wise to OoT as Wind Waker is

Sauce? I've never heard that before

I don't know what you're talking about
But I am interested

exhentai.org/g/673466/aa94d750c1/
This one?
(C85) [DA HOOTCH (Shindo L)] PIG (The Legend Of Zelda) [English] =RED=

Nope. Clearly it's all about the writer's estranged relationship with their father. The moon is obviously symbolic of his Father staring down on him as a child and making him feel inadequate.

No. They didn't put that much thought into the game. Stop it.

I forgot how dark that shit was. Thanks.