Justice League' rules China with $52-million debut as national box office breaks a record

Breaking news. Justice league isn’t flopping. Turns out Journalists & Holla Forums are full of shit.
latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story,amp.html

What an utter shock
Justice League had everything the Chinese would want, to be fair. Bad CGI and a plot that goes straight from X to Z without exposition. Chinks love that shit.

And faggots wonder why everything is going to shit.

OP, you moron, when people talk about a movie flopping they're generally not talking about the Chinese market, because close to every shitty hollywoodian movie does well there.

Well, everything except ghostbusters, but that didn't even get to play in China. Most movies don't, because there's a strict limit on how many foreign movies per year are allowed by their government. So getting a big budget movie to play in China is pretty much a guarantee for a few extra million, at minimum, and if they like it, more money than it could make North America and Europe combined.

Can someone photo 9/11 in the background? I want to see people messing with that green screen

Very unlikely. In Europe and the USA ticket sales are split 50/50 so if a movie makes 200 million in those territories the studio gets 100 million and the other 100 goes to the theaters. In China the studios only get a 25% cut of box office earnings. So WB is only walking away with around 13 million of that record breaking 52 million dollar Chinese opening, and remember this movie needs to make 600 million just to break even.

Current projection has Justice League earning less in China than Ant-Man.

Coco is also opening in China this weekend and that's going to stomp the shit out this movie.

That will only last until the chinks get tired of the stale shit Hollywood keeps shitting out year in, year out, then Hollywood is fucked.

You're acting if the chinese were people, they're souless communist robots with no sense of self.

To be fair, China has only been exposed to bad quality in general. So something average looks like a master piece.

oyyyyy vei

just like fatmericans

I’ll shoot you for that.

China pretty racist against black. How would they feel about movie about a Mexican boy?

I think one thing that is important to know is that in many countries. I am living in Japan. That CGI gets a slide in many of these countries, because the native works are not the highest caliber. I went and saw Justice League yesterday in Shinjuku and it was packed. They like Batman, and even a badly CG movie will be well received. The standard Japanese movie tends to have the same level of CGI as what I can put out on Blender.

Why is Holla Forums full of fail?

Because Holla Forums is actually anti TV and cinema? They want every single movie to fail, and specifically all superhero movies. Also Holla Forums is basically Holla Forums 2.0 at this point. You will find more black dicks than blacked on Holla Forums at this point.

The thing about China is that it supposed to be pure profit. You get burgers to recoup you insane production costs and then the chinks pad your pockets.

Yet, they didn't much care for Star Wars.

This happened with the Warcraft movie.

Pretty much this. Cuckchan Holla Forums is pretty much 4chan Holla Forums at this point. Even Cuckchan Holla Forums makes fun of Holla Forums

Star Wars had a black guy in the staring role

To be fair, there is California. Then again, they're only american by technicality anyway.

*nigger

Good

There is literally nothing wrong with Chinks giving AMERICAN studios millions of dollars in movie sales. America wins yet again

Cuck Wars by Disney underperformed big time in China

Good luck with that.

uh huh, sure user.

Not per capita and not without total dependance on water from other states.

the part of california that makes food has nothing in common with the part of california that makes iphone apps and shitty movies

Soulless movie for foreigners that don't know any better. Probably got the 3 hour director's cut so it doesn't feel so rushed.

Although it is true that California is the 5th largest economy on Earth by itself, its GDP per capita is relatively low. Its easy to have a high GDP overall when you got a population of 40 million people, but per capita is pretty fucking bad, ranking 11th in the country. Getting a job in this state is pretty ass because we dug a hole for ourselves by falling for the automobile meme in the mid-20th century and tore down our public electric railroads, once the largest on Earth. No matter where you live

t. Californian

*it's a commuter town

Incomplete thought, need sleep

With any luck movies will die off or move somewhere else and kill California with it. It is all they really have.

Congrats, now DC can enjoy 25% of that 52 million.

How small and pushed-to-the-back were Cyborg and Wondy on the Chink poster? If it wasn't just marked as "Batman and Superman teamed up after fighting last time, plus some sidekicks… league

Though not official, there were tons of these Justice League posters with dead Marvel superheroes on them found hanging in numerous chinese theaters.

Let's call those behind the edits "DChinks."

I'm still very glad GB wasn't allowed to air in China.

Only on Holla Forums.

Why?

Like western normalfags, chinks want to see DC and Marvel kill each other.

JL now grosses $100m in China; there are rumors that its theatrical run there is now extended. While Soy Wars: The Last Jewdi will be on Chinese theaters early next month.

Jesus Christ this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard

The Last Jedi has a vietnamese barbarian romancing an overgrown monkeyman. The chinese eat animals, not watch them fuck.

Remember: Movie distribution in China is so strictly controlled, that Chinese audiences are greatly deprived of foreign media. So almost any foreign media released over there is good in their eyes. That, and the fact that they're dubbed in Chinese, so they could change the movie however they see please and make it work.

Not to be an asshole but California has about 10 million more citizens than Texas.

Compound that with the LA mayor is basically an idiot and cutting down road lanes to 'encourage' people to bike makes living in the state torture at some times.

Well, that and the bonds/tax increases that are supposed to pay for things that result in the general fund being pulled out and moved over to some of the stupidest programs a person could ever dream up. I don't mind paying high taxes if I'm getting my moneys worth. But all the money in schools goes to Mexican students who say they cant speak English in order to avoid tests/work, all the money in roads goes to making transit worse and causing more pollution, all the money for utilities just go into high ranking union pension (with lower level workers overworked and underpaid of course) and lets not forget the tons of cash burnt on half assed homeless/rehab programs.

with borrowed water from other states, and even then only just barely
retard
it doesn't, the entire country would be better off if the entire state and everyone in it fell into the ocean and drowned

Doesn't mean the state itself is bigger, retard

America buys cheap useless and really dated items from a souless production factory from China, then China pay to see useless cheap and really dated movies from America.

Ironic, isn't it?

Population size is the statistic that matters, moron.

Retard confirmed.

wtf you're not wrong now

Hey Holla Forums