It's just a ruse to get you out of hiding

o-oh

stop trying to make me feel like shit for killing npcs

what a beautiful display of dubs

dang it

dang it

Gotta love that guy.

kek

The character you are playing as is not you, so what do you feel guilty about? You know that most of those guards have families. Your character probably has a family, too.

wrong pic

Not if they die in the opening
:^)

Try remembering details like a beard, thick eyebrows, big eyes etc.
Not the whole fucking face. I'm good with faces but pure shit with names.

I want a Shadows of Mordor stealth game where you can go back to the slum missions to grind and see the people whose lives you ruined in far less glamorous positions.

*not actually LOTR but just the nemesis thing

>get massive erection when I beat my previous record

Just like real life.

Why do they keep doing this?

The Witcher 2

Except that it isn't easy in real life at all

Not quietly
But if you wanted to kill someone, and had a knife or something, and were able to get within an arm's reach of them without them noticing, and they're alone, and they're not incredibly fucking obese or built like a brick shithouse five times bigger than you, then that person is going to be fucking dead

Not with that attitude it isn't.

*Unzips katana*
*Cut person in half with one precise strike*

*Smoke cloud.*
*A trunk with the same clothes falls in front of you*
Psssh… Nothing personnel.
*Quick iaigiri strike cuts the head of the attacker.*

You still need to stab them like twenty times while they try to struggle and even then you have to be careful that they don't run away. And like you said, you need to have not only first strike advantage but also a weapon, while you go for someone that isn't stronger than you.

MGR can be played both ways, sometimes I'll stealth my way to the biggest UG or dude, kill him to kick things off and then go cuhrayzee

If you have a weapon and the element of surprise, even an incredibly basic understanding of human anatomy will give a relatively easy kill
We're talking about stealth games here, with protagonists that do that sort of shit for a living, surely they're able to hit the jugular or some major artery or something on the first try

You can also grab them in a headlock, can barely make a sound and youll pass out pretty fast.

The newest Ggost Recon did this and it sucked.

Only if you're taller and/or stronger than them, though
Not everyone can have their fists registered as lethal weapons, knives are equal opportunity people puncturers

you know you could just sneak around irl for that kind of pleasure

When i was a kid, my friends and I would pose on the highway late at night just to get passing cops to chase us. Loads of fun

>they talk to you about some BULLSHIT
I like world building

Friend of mine is a manlet who went through police training so he knew how to do a proper headlock. If you have the element of surprise no amount of strenght can save you. Unless there is a huge difference in strenght that is

shit let me remove my flag now because I keep fucking forgetting to

Gaaaay

The flag was appropriate, I don't know what you're so worked up about

more fun than "wait…..continue….. wait" video games

persisting flags were a mistake

Turbofag spotted

What element of stealth games differ from that description?

it doesn't exist, it's just their fantasy shadowrun sequel that they made up in their minds

Or are you just baiting

Fuck

Never

What

> A guard is excited to be killed by a ninja

I swer m8 if you made that up…

Fucking summer.

I see you've never had curtains break, tear, shift out of position irrevocably, or generally be of poor quality. How lucky.

Also a great idea!

user if you're that much of a poorfag you might as well just embrace it and tape aluminum foil over the window

Fuck that reminds me of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Game was pretty meh regardless of the forced stealth sections

That sounds like Splinter Cell: Conviction

Those are the rare momens where having no friends sucks.

game name please

N I N J A S !
I
N
J
A
S
!

I don't know about the user you were originally talk to, but my computer is in a room that places the desk directly adjacent to a large, 2-door glass back door. The long curtains we bought for it fall off and break so easily that replacing them doesn't help.

What's her name?

Love the first Splinter Cell but it can be tedious if you dont know the levels

That's definitely Wind Waker. Fuck that entire game.

Who said that about splinter cell, thats seriously the first time I ever heard that

Nail them to the goddamn wall

Half of the posters in stealth threads
Some levels you actually can UNTIL the end where you need: Eye scanner guy, knock some dude in front of buttons, knock some dude in an exit
Still it's a great series (until Shangai DA) but a little too linear for me, it's all corridors in the first 2 games

Those people are fucking retards then, the game even has forced combat sections.

What games please. MGS V right but I wish MGS V did the last one for the Soviet conscripts.

TECHNOLOGY is really fucking dumb if you get that selective about where to apply it

okay this reminds me of something

What?

TL;DR ninja makes me quit my job

A guard is paid to risk life if he sees shit
At that point you should have shot to the air as warning shots
A shameful display

Thank you, user.

Story confused me for a bit, so someone pushed you and immediately disappeared?

No nigger a guard is paid to call the cops when he sees shit, not shoot people, this isnt the fucking wild west.

But user, the nazis were the baddies.

I honestly kind of liked them.

There's 80 jews triggered out there.

Fucking Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

then they have fucking a shitload of invisible spawn points that spawn more uruks

it's fucking retarded.

Where the fuck do you live you cowardly cunt
A guard IS a cop inside a private property

fucking hell

10/10

i usually play like this on my first playthrough, just to get in the game

Tribes Ascend did it well

Far cry 2 did this and it was fucking infuriating. I still play the shit out of it when I want to sneak around with a silence pistol.

Even though guards can also see through fucking foliage to

Damn that's rough

Damn that's rough

Bear pits in Thief.

Nobody loves the first two games, it's Chaos Theory that gets shilled.
You go from obligatory combat sections to a game where you never have to fire your gun, it's practically another game.

I love the first splinter cell

Are you trying to get us to not kill gays?

Warren Spector, is that you?

I also like the first one, except that Fisher is a lousy shooter, the guy cannot take a big light from 2 meters away

I remember this girl in high school who took karate and went on and on about how she "had to go to the police station and register her hands as weapons." I tried explaining to her that that's just something they do to entertain kids, that it's not a real thing. She wouldn't have it, kept calling me a liar. It was fucking embarrassing, she was probably 17. I did jujitsu back then but I didn't sperg out about it.

Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai/MMA goons don't register their fists but do get prosecuted if they use it to harm someone, as in "assault with weapon" charges
Still

Metro does this, can't remember if it's 2033 or Last Light

I don't think I've seen anyone claim that you can ghost the first Splinter Cell. For anyone in the thread who's wondering: you can't.

Not only can't, actively expected not to.
You need, NEED keypad codes that are only on notes dropped by enemy guards.
Nobody claims you can ghost that sort of shit.

Okay, you guys aren't wrong, plenty of people love those games, but I think we can all agree that as far as stealth games are considered Chaos Theory was objectively better.

Before you say shit, I will agree SC 1 had that charm to it. I fucking miss "SOMEBODEE IS SHOOOTING AT MI GAWDAMNIT" when you inevitably missed because Fisher has the aim of a retarded 5 year old parkinson's sufferer on meth.

mgsv does this
inb4 mgsv isnt stealth

this is the same edgy concept of they are just pixel on a code

*chuckle*

Solid Gear Metal V: The Phantom's in Pain

Shit bait, shit digits.

thats cool…..

even a midget can fuck you up if they pick your wrist and bend it the other way

ha HA FAG

What kind of stupid faggot are you, user?

No doubt about it

What kind of posing, JoJo?

that actually would be a nice inside joke
like, you complete the game and he is a drunktard somewhere hating you for ruining his life on all jobs
7/10 will enjoy it

I remember playing Jet Li: Rise to Honor and overhearing a guard talking about he was going to get his kid that awesome new Jet Li game called Rise To Honor. God, what a piece of shit.

Twinstick kung fu game was a really interesting system though.

fuck off nigger

huston, we have a problem. some sides are floating around sat3

get out of here you fucking libertard. go suck some loser cock

?, it's true, unless you live in some castrated land

Found one of the 80.

What kind of plebian jew are you?

a polish one

You could have given Danzig back and saved yourself (and everyone) a lot of trouble, Chuck.

poolish here

you's a gay

They could honestly be used to aggravate the player. imagine it, guards making statements that would make the player want to kill them. Either by giving the guards shit-taste or whatnot.

One of the golden rules of stealth in games:

Most shit stealth games break this rule.

Fund it. I swear Chaos Theory has a sequence or two with guard chatter like that

what game is it, Holla Forums?

In Dishonored, during the level when the City Watch took over your bar, one of the guards decided to piss over the drawing Emily made.
My non-lethal run ended there.

>Check steam to see if they have it

Well then, I'll be playing this, but just for the sake of discussion, what improvements did it do on the first game ?

Ill never forget

Why would you do that? Why buy old games from steam? None of the original devs are going to see any of that money and all you are doing is giving money to valve for jewing you. What the fuck

Oh and giving money to current ubisoft

Take that shit to someone who is interested.

WHAT GAME

Pandora Tomorrow is more of the same with a few added moves but the same basic principals

Chaos Theory removed the arbitrary room scan when ever you left an area and made it where guards actually had to find the bodies.
They tossed the 3 strike alarm system and used the alarms to increase the AI's combat readiness, getting to the point where they start patrol en mass with weapons ready for the duration of the mission.
Stealth mechanics were expanded upon added a sound meter that displays your current environments noise level while monitoring your own noise.

I could go on about the improvements, it should be a gold standard to what a sequel should be.

Story is a big ruse cruise by the way, not metal gear tier but it's something.

MGSV isn't a stealth game.

Human Revolution.

No, it isn't true. Guards don't serve any branch of government, they aren't officers of the law. Any force they use on trespassers is legal, but that doesn't make them law enforcement officers. You, and everyone else in the thread who thinks this, are truly retarded.

Chaos Theory had a conversation between guards who were talking about Prince of Persia.

Sam is ambidextrous in Chaos Theory, so you can swap shoulders to aim better around left-handed corners. You can save anywhere, instead of being forced to use checkpoints. The levels are all one area, with no loading screens in between. Instead of the game scanning for bodies left in the light and setting off an alarm based on that, a guard actually has to find a body. The three-alarm limit is removed, and now triggering successive alarms causes guards to put on body armor and helmets, and call for reinforcements. You can use an attachment on your pistol to temporarily put out lights, without shooting them (which makes a lot of noise). There's a hacking mini-game (this was before those were in fucking every game ever). You can choose your loadout before each mission. You're given a rating on how stealthy you were (0% to 100%) at the end of each mission. There are optional objectives. There's a 3D map of each level. Your OPSAT no longer pauses the game. You can whistle to distract guards. You have a knife, and can use it to perform close-up lethal attacks. You can knock out a guard in one attack, even if they know you're there. You can crawl through vents. You can kill/incapacitate a guard and pick him up in one motion. There are more gadgets, like smoke grenades and flashbang grenades. Your rifle can have one of several underbarrel attachments: the usual non-lethal projectile launcher, a shotgun, a "sniper attachment," or a foregrip that increases accuracy–and you can switch between two of these attachments at will. Opening your inventory no longer pauses the game. I could go on. It's better, trust me. Play it.

You know, maybe those NPCs have seen too much shit. Maybe they're so used to everyone dying that it doesn't affect them at all anymore.

I like to imagine what would happen if they actually hated the guy/thing that was killed, though.