It's finally done Holla Forums, I did it. The recommended xbox games list

It's finally done Holla Forums, I did it. The recommended xbox games list.

finally. That's pretty much it. Post some recommended games charts and shit on outdated ones.

Good job OP.

Nice.

thanks for dumping m8

for the record, this is the old chart that made the rounds.

No problem.

This should be all.

Is there a list of GBA handy?

Is there a chart for Arcade games?

Well done, OP. The old list was incomplete, and I wanted a more comprehensive one. Thanks for delivering.

Looks like you're still missing Jade Empire and KotOR, though.

I did try to avoid games that were outright better on other platforms. and kotor and jade empire and available on the PC with plenty of improvements.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Why is GunValkyrie on that list? That game was pure shit.

Yes, I was actually juggling whether or not I should put in HL2 Xbox, because despite it being an obvious downgrade compared to the PC version at the time, the orange box port it got a few years ago introduced a ton of issues that have yet to be fixed, and ruin certain parts of the game such as playing chicken with the razor train.

Only if you're terrible at it, it's a game that rewards mastery of its mechanics very well

Here you go my man

Best GBA list right here.

No love for Four Swords?

Top shit user. You are 100% bro.

fukken saved mate. Good job xbox-user, you're doing god's work here. By co-op do you mean multiplayer or just co-op?

coop = local cooperative play with 2 or more players. classic couch co-op, I found the xbox had a ton of these so I felt it very important to make a key point of the list. x-link/system link is definite multiplayer support. The backs of Xbox games listed whether or not they supported co-op specifically.

What I meant was co-op as in both playing on the same team/campaing or co-op as in playing DOA or Star Wars Battlefront. Also, you might want to add pic related to sports if you ever make an update. Its a lot of co-op (& versus), lots of tricks and takes actual skill to play. AI can be real shitty on higher difficulties though. Also, HD on xbox.

There will be updates, I'll definitely look into it, I know EA big did some great sports titles at the time. Games that are listed as co-op are campaign co-op. Think like Halo 2 split screen, or in some cases, more inventive co-op like starsky & hutch lightgun & controller co-op. If you can play the typical single player campaign, it is listed as a co-op game in the list.

thank you for your hard work user

Is there one for the ps3?
I'm getting one soon and I want to know if theres anything worth while besides demon souls

You know, this is making me want to make a graph for 4x games now, assuming there isn't one already.

No, no games.

PSP version is the best version, and is easily the best overall remake of any game i've ever seen.

That's one of the worst vns I've ever read. Why would anyone recommend that piece of shit. Also some of those starter vns are pretty bad for starting out.

bump, for wondrous charts.

What should I start on this list for an RPG? There are to many to choose

Pretty sure the GBA version isn't even the same story friendo

Here is some stuff fellow user.

Here is some more.

C'mon, man. I want to know what games I need an Xbox for, not what games I could already play somewhere else.

Well, no one said that the xbox had a lot of exclusives.

Would you prefer there to be a separate image just for multiplat games, or that people just aren't made as aware of what all is available on various systems? Because in the case of the former, it could get really long and also rather ugly in terms of layout, depending on how many systems it covers.

Knight of Lodis is it's own game. It's not a port, nor is it a remake the way Tactics Ogre PSP is.

Not that poster but i would perfer if exclusives had their own section or if we had some way to easily tell if it's xbox exclusive or not.

Does it really matter though? The xbox had the best multiplats for that gen, if anything you'd want to know where you can make space on your other consoles. I for one have deleted all the multiplats I had on my modded Wii and PS2.

look for the little yellow "only on xbox" text. otherwise, the list is there to show you good games on the xbox above all. If you want to play Xbox games, it's a good place to start.

it has plenty, more notable ones than the gamecube too.

Any Xbox version of a game is automatically the worst version with that fucking controller, though.
But seriously, several versions of Xbox games are worse than other versions. I'm not going to be playing HL2 or Halo on an Xbox when I could play them on PC.

Because i don't want to buy an xbox for the multiplats even if most are the best. Most of us probably already played them. What we want to see are the exclusives, they matter the most. They are the games we have yet to play.

What don't you like about the controller? It's honestly one of the best 6-button controllers I've used, both the duke and the controller-s.

then just play the exclusives? They aren't hard to find, even on the list. Here's a hint, look for the ones that are graded as platinum. Good place to start.

True. Most of the shit that the gc offers doesn't interest me at all, that probably why i never even wanted one to begin with.

What do you have? Trump hands? Just use the S-Type or the Madcatz Xbox controller. Its pretty good and has an actual good D-Pad. Obviously stuff like HL is going to be better on PC, but games like SSX3, Burnout 3, THUG2, Time Splitters are all great to have on an Xbox.

Sure you have sonny, the Xbox still has maybe 20 or so worthwhile exclusives. For what an Xbox costs now a days ($20ish), that more than justifies it just for JSRF. Everything is else is a plus.

Yes, actually. I can't even hold the thing correctly.

then use the controller-s. the duke is more of a rarity than that. The Duke is honestly one of the best 6-button controllers around, and is an excellent alternative to the saturn or genesis 6-button pad.

As an owner of both an Xbox and a Sega Saturn, who are you trying to kid here? The saturn controller was god-like for fighters and anything 2D. The Duke feels bulky, and even with 6 buttons, moving your fingers around the controller (coupled with a shit D-Pad for fighting & 2D) makes for quite an unbearable experience.

Huh. Well that sucks. I mean, the Duke is fairly uncommon, most places sell 3D party ones or the S-type. For real though, get a Mad catz one, pic related, its the tits. It has a pretty solid D-pad as well and its snug, not too small.

it's so good. I understand why small hands wouldn't like it, but if you're built for it? It's so good.

I saved pretty much this entire thread. Thanks fam.

Ok so that makes 2 recommending Peter Jackson's King Kong. Was that game actually good?

Since the movie obviously wasn't

Well-done, user.

Now, did Red Star actually get released on the Xbox? I thought it was originally shitcanned due to Acclaim bankruptcy and was released three years later only on PS2

I thought Midnight Club 3 was better on Xbox though

More recent version

Explain

I've played it on PS2, I think
It's actually kinda fun.

Aside from Still life and Spongebob battle for bikini bottom not being on there it's a pretty good list

Would be perfect if it had a specific color for multiplats where the Xbox version is the best version and multiplats where the Xbox version isn't the best version

I played it on 360, which I think was the same aside from graphix and cheevos.

It was a bit rough around the edges, but pretty fun. I remember it having some cool features that still haven't been adopted by modern vidya. Legitimate 6/10 to 7/10; worth a play just to see the game mechanic potential.

I love you xbox user

Thank you so much for the Xbox, I'm gonna get the wire tomorrow since I was busy today

Updated the first one of these since Wild Arms 3 has now seen a PSN rerelease in the west.

I misread that as

>gonna wife *you tomorrow

Good list just disappointed Scarface didn't get platinum.

Get a load of this goy.

Needs Timesplitters 2 and 3 in the fps list. Those had longer legs than Halo (with all the game types and bots).

I'd almost suggest Unreal Championship - it was just an Xbox port of UT 2k3, which was completely forgotten once UT 2k4 came out, but it was pretty good.

Curse of Darkness a best

Is there a 360 list yet or should I go ahead and make one?

Good job, user!

Looked around myself and found this.

No, fuck listing multiplats.

Whoops, accidentally duped the bottom list.

You've got some excellent taste. 10/10 chart.

Does it play more like god of war, or DMC, or just it's own thing? The only 3D vania I played was lords of shadow and it wasn't too bad, if the filesize wasn't so large and if I didn't have shit games like Lords of the Fallen to download I would have probably played it by now

Small update. Removed BF2 modern combat, added TS2+FP, fixed gungriffon using the old label.

I did one for the Xbox One in case you are interested?

Well, there is forza.

good work!

I just noticed no Midtown Madness III? That was a lot of fun sandbox racing round Paris and New York.

How do you save all images on Holla Forums?

Haha very funny, you forgot Uno.

Can Holla Forums recommend me some games for the PS4? Everything I've bought has been a dissapointment.

gravity rush, bloodborne, and croixleur sigma.

Thanks.

Never heard of these, they any good? Are they jap only?

See It also works for the PS4

ass

in the misc section i'd throw in Kameo: Elements of Power (Yes, there is an xbox build floating round from before it became a 360 game) as a curiosity.

The face he's making in THPS5 always cracks me up.

Speaking of prototypes, there also a complete english translation of Rent a Hero floating around, no idea if it's complete though, but either way it's very rough.

Fuck i mean to say *unreleased english translation

yeah. i heard about that too. i'm waiting for the PDZ xbox beta to leak. and i noticed the guide included the red star which was also unreleased on xbox due to publisher BS. i did pick that up on PS2 very cheap a couple of years back though.

Any of the unreleased games i put in the list is because they are leaked in full.

A bit of layout advice: add some more blank space around the edge of the image, and either add some between both columns or put a noticeable divider in. Stuff looks a bit cramped in there, and at first glance, both the Action Sports and Arcade Racing sections run together. Strikes me that it could use a bit of breathing room.

Just my thoughts. Otherwise pretty nice.

Good point. I'll look into spacing it out better, and I did have the same issue you described. I think some simple borders will work well.

Way to waste your time on a console that has been irrelevant for years you fucking nigger faggot.

Sorry, let me do a recommended pc games list starting from 2012, I'll even grade it and sort by genre this way people can find all the games worth playing

Ok done, tell me what you think

You act as if with the way things are currently going there isn't reason many anons have been heading back to prior generations to play stuff they missed out on. Stuff like the charts can help with that.

You are full of shit.

>halfchan charts

the game has one single solitary flaw that almost ruins it and that's the rubberbanding ai, which makes the final euro circuit racer gp nearly impossible unless you're the second coming of christ.

everything else is perfect though, no debates otherwise.

lmao
i would have given you a golden sticker if you said the dj was the flaw

the problem's not crashing it's when you're way way ahead and the ai goes from being retarded and crashing constantly to faster than boost speed never once crashing and catches up to you from ridiculous impossible distances, like going from being 20s behind me to right on my ass.

the dj's not a flaw because you can just turn him off.

the street cars also dont use turn signals but no arcade racer has turn signals so whatever

man, some of these games are real stinkers but going through it at the moment to figure out what I should buy. I've got most of the good ones thankfully.

What did he mean by this?

Should really get a fatbox, hated the fucking thing at the time because I was a QA slave.

Are any of those multiplats actually better on the fatback?

All of them are. I had a gamecube, ps2, and xbox all around the end of their lives. Xbox always had the best versions.

xbox has the best versions

Intedasting. I'll look into picking one up before some shitheads spike the price on them.

Yeah, from standardized 480p across the board, to optional 720p, higher quality assets and textures, better framerates, and often enough exclusive content deals, the xbox versions of almost all multiplats were the best ones.

Can someone make a good RTS recommendations list already?

I played 7th Dragon and found it terrible for your inability to revive party members except for tremendous backtracking to a town and seemingly no way to rebalance your party because of how useless a new member is (also having more than four members of your group sort of ruining the plot trying to say everyone was in a coma from an incident your active party members experienced). Now I see it still recommended on chans and a third game on Amazon, what am I missing here? The gameplay questions go for the Etrian Odyssey series to a lesser degree I guess. I wanted to like these games but aside from the Etrian Untold story mode demo I tried things just seem unnecesarilly cheap and punishing for no real reason.

Call me stupid or casual or whatever but could somebody explain to me what I seem to be missing?

Why is there not a single Atelier game on this list?

Well done! Very nice to see the finished product. I will definitely be consulting this in the future.

So I'm debating either getting Resistance 3, White Knight Chronicles II, Dante's Inferno, or maybe God of War Ascension on the off chance it's good. Anyone want to help me tip the scale in one of their directions?

Clarify to 1&2. Add Jetpack, The 7th Guest and motherfucking Dungeon Keeper as well.

Total Annihilation with TA Bugfix. SpringRTS might be worth a go too if you're more into the multiplayer.

Or Killzone 3 if it's better than resistance 3.

It's amazing how underrated the original Xbox was. Good thing you put Otogi as platinum or I'd spill my autism until you did.

Emulator fucking when?

San Andreas was far superior on the Xbox, same for SSX and several other games.

i forgot about this feature entirely. that was the shit back in the day, but it took so much space to rip your cds to that tiny hdd that it was sorta a commitment and you had to pick your favorite album or two to rip. simpler times.

MANLET WITH MANLET HANDS DETECTED

I was genuinely surprised to see that.

I don't think I've had much of a problem with the AI.

Those time trial levels always gave me the most trouble because I wanted to go fast like a tardo