opensource.org/osd-annotated
lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=serious-games
docs.cryengine.com/display/CEPROG/Getting Started with git
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah

Welp, it was too good to be true.

cryengine.com/ce-terms

The industry really needs to pick one already

Can't we fork it and call it CryMoreEngine and say it's especially made for racist and sexist games ?

This is basically asking people to make offensive games with it.

We should organize a DevJam, and get everyone together to make as many offensive games using the engine as possible.

I didn't want to see this when I opened this thread.

Bye bye OP. You may as well delete the thread.

Yeah this.

Unreal Engine 4 is "open source" in much the same way, and while that is good for more bug fixes, it does exclude it being used as a basis for most projects.

I'm up for it, but we need an offensive game jam name.

That actually sounds like a good idea.

fags are all using that shitty version made for Crysis 2

Birkenau Bungaloo

I have :
Trail of tears engine game jam
Game JamFace

As this user said Crymoreengine Jam sounds good

This is pure lawyer boilerplate. As long as you don't mention it's made with CryEngine they will never care. They just don't want to be associated with that shit, which is just fine considering doing so is punishing them for doing a good thing "no good deed goes unpunished" sort of shit.

BB Korps for short.

Zyklon Engine V1

Are you involved with them and trying to pass a message ?

Is it legal to fork it, call it CryMoreEngine and license it under GPL? Can some GNU pro tell me?

Then again Unity and UE4 are wiping them out, they're probably doing this so that more people use their licensed game engine.

Maybe actually want a 3D MOON game made on their engine for pure publicity points, and purposely put that legal text there for the sake of provoking a place like this into "breaking their rules"?

Reminder Crytek is a German company and the owner is a turk roach

I'm not involved with them, but I am a game dev with many years of experience with engines.

Don't forget that Lumberyard exists too. IMO it is the better engine to use (same base tech) because Amazon is pumping way more engineering money into developing it compared to Crytek.

What did they mean by this?

MOON game where you do some kebab removal ?

What's the catch with Lumberyard, Amazon botnet ?

Whatever they don't like they can take down.

GNUcide
OpenOven
Nomore Shekels for the Shakled

modding since 2010

You remove everything but Juden, until the ending.

A real catch if you care is that their version of the engine is already a branch, and it doesn't have some of the same features Crytek's current version has, but still I'm confident Amazon will do a good job getting ahead with features that matter to devs. Check them out yourself and compare.

We need to form a team if we want this to work, some programmers, 3D guys for modelling levels and characters. If we work good we can do some absolutely offensive stuff in four to six months, maybe even add a multiplayer with offensive game mods.

Gaming And Super Jam Extraordinaire Wonder-fest

Isn't there a version of this video with kirby's music ?

Yep

What the fuck does this even mean?
Their license is full of vague shit like this.

its fucking useless OP

Already been discussed.

Seems they want something offensive to be made with their now-proprietary image.

No telling where they'll take it, from there. Will they recoil their product to make a point, or use the hatred of whatever problematic content's been made for attention?

It's not open source, it's like UE4 where you get source access, but it is not the same thing as open source.

That straight up gives them the power to shut down your game if you do something considered offensive (which nowadays is everything). UE4 had this issue when Hatred came out but they just asked them to remove the UE4 splash screen in the trailers and at startup, not fucking shut down the game.

This kind of open source is good for big devs that will run their own branch for their game, but not so much for smaller devs who will want to keep the updates coming.

Basically leftist propaganda.

Electric Jewgaloo

You play as the "One Man Klan".

Forked:
github.com/moons4u/CryMoreEngine

I think I picked the correct license.

I can already feel the headlines coming up.

ayy.
Anything else I should change apart from the license?

It's good news even if it isn't free as in free beer, now we just need them to drop the retarded terms of use like Unreal did for UE 4.
before you post their list of "banned content" read the whole thing, they just say don't use their splash screen on your rape simulator

The future holds greatness in it.

Perhaps any silly intros if it has any.

You know what it means user.

No. The license of a fork has to comply with all the terms of the license of the original.

There are a lot of problems here. You're not allowed to use the license for "science" and "architecture" either, they can change the licensing terms of old versions retroactively and you have to comply or stop using it, you're not allowed to distribute it, you're not allowed to "infringe moral rights", and so on. It's not open source (and they don't claim it is).

I think they can sue you for this.

Should I take it down?
I mean all we have to do with the regular CryEngine is set "g_SkipIntro" to 0 in system.cfg, and their logo will no longer show up in the game.

If I really can get sued for this, I will take it down.
I didn't use 7 proxies.

Woops sorry, a mistake there.
*set "g_SkipIntro" to 1.

You relicensed it, something they explicitly don't allow and would be illegal even if they didn't do that. You're unlikely to get sued but it's definitely illegal.

Okay, I deleted it.
Anyway, for those wanting to remove the CryEngine logo from the game intro, I've shared how to do it.

Hopefully that's all they would ask of people that wish to make edgy offensive games.

might as well use UE4

Gotta go with

see

Someone should make an Auschwitz simulator with their engine. Imagine burning Jews in beautiful 4k resolution

Right after I finished eating my lunch, too.

That ended far too quickly.

How can you simulate what didn't happen?

This.

It'd be physically impossible to even cook over a million of them, from '32 to '45.

Reminder that they officially claim it started in 42 (if I recall correctly).

Sooo does this mean people can optimize crysis to run on 64bit systems?

So Roberts spend his millions for nothing?
Shekel Citizens next misstep?

I know. I'm just being generous.

I suppose, but even that's disappointing.

Wtf does this mean

Are serious games not games? And wtf is a serious game?

serious sam games

I think whomever's responsible for this is just fucking with everything, like Trump's done to politics, and what Musk is trying to do with the automotive industry.

Fire-monkey, indeed.

So, does this mean we can finally get a fucking Alien game in CryEngine?

Bravo.
THEN WHY FUCKING BOTHER?

Basically games designed for the intent of teaching you things for real-life applications. Simulators are serious games. Apparently, Moonbase Alpha is also a serious game.

Hey, that's just part of the challenge! Try to gas and cook 6 million until the Soviets barge down the door. The first to reach the 6 million gets a big price!

No matter what you do, you cannot reach the magical number, and even then, you'll completely fuck up your economy, in the process, possibly failing even earlier than the third reich did.

I imagine this to be a very food concept for a sequel to that Soviet WWII Loss Simulator.

Literally CuckEngine, turk is the worst.

Can we make a communism simulator then?

First to kill a hundred million of his own citizens get a prize.

There's no fucking way this is legally binding. Right? Like they couldn't shut you down if you made a game these fuckwits didn't like, right?

Since when has a license stopped people from doing anything? It's the source!

Free mods won't be affected unless you link you're really dumb.

If you want to make a full game you can either move your headquarters to a shit country where no laws exist; or make the game "serious" at first and then change everything later with a patch.(maybe disguise it as a "unofficial fanpatch" so that you can't be liable at all)

the Pinocchio's do this stuff all the time, very easy as long as you have the resources to begin with.

They certainly can. And if it isn't through those terms, they still have a loophole that truly lets them ban anything they want:
>You agree to check www.cryengine.com periodically for new information and terms that govern your use of CryEngine. Crytek may modify this Agreement at any time. Crytek will inform you about revisions to this Agreement by email and/or by a notice on our home page and/or during log in. Revisions to terms affecting existing CryEngine shall be effective thirty (30) days after posting at www.cryengine.com. If you do not agree with the new terms your only remedy is to stop using CryEngine.

That's why the chans exist, someone could "leak". C&D's probably can't deal with such anonymous off-line work.

I'm sorry what? but someone please explain to me how that is open source? Their code is right there in git hub for anyone to access and modify, that means their liscense has no legal authority, doesn't it?

What's stopping me from just changing a little bit of the code to remove any inclination of their engine being from this company and calling it the "Cryharder" engine?

They can sue you if you do that. Making your code public only gives people the right to look at it, and not much more. Github's terms of use also mean that publishing your code there grants people the right to fork the repository and use other basic site functionality, and their own license grants a few more rights.

You might as well ask how copyright can apply to a book when you can just take the text and modify and redistribute it.

thought open source pretty much mean public domain at that point and all copyright laws are thrown out the window.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_game

Serious Game is an actual industry term, it's not a euphemism made up by Crytek.

Getting some mixed messages here, the games I listed are pure entertainment. The definition is also fucked because if I make a game with the express purpose of making it awful and boring then it's considered a "serious game". If I was Croteam I'd slam these fucks for slander against their franchise.

No. If a program's source code is in the public domain it's open source, but most open source software isn't in the public domain.

This engine actually isn't open source. Open source means more than just access to the source code. It's basically equivalent to "free software", an older concept with a simpler definition:
- You can use the software for any purpose
- You can change the software however you want (you need the source code to do that)
- You can redistribute the software however you want, with or without changes

You can't reliably put something in the public domain without dying and waiting a few decades, so most open source software uses a license. Not using a license pretty much means "all rights reserved".

Some licenses basically say "do whatever you want, but give me credit and don't sue me if it breaks". That's close to the public domain. It means that software doesn't have to stay open source. The Playstation operating systems are based on BSD, an open source operating system, but they're not open source because the license doesn't require them to be.

Other licenses require any software based on it to still be open source. They are long and complicated and actually need a lot of copyright law to work, but their goal is to subvert copyright by keeping things open source.

Open Source is the new "please advertise our outdated, overpriced engine for free".

I'm putting my vote in for Crymoreengine Jam.
If this thing gets off the ground, I'll try my best to create some triggering content.

You're confusing open source with 'free software' or 'libre software'.

Congratulations, you now understand some of Richard Stallman's motivations.

Too bad the GPL is massively restrictive and LGPL is still worse than MIT or X11.

As far as categories go they're almost exactly the same thing. Take a look:
opensource.org/osd-annotated

Crytek never said it was open-source. The official release said "CRYENGINE's Source code is now available on github"

OP just confused it for open source

wikipedia editing gnomes are passive aggressive faggots.
also in Current Year there are more civil aviation sims than combat flight sims.

So what happens if you develop anonymously

Who the fuck are they going to sue

Does Crytek even comment their code?
I've only looked at a few dozen files but I'm not seeing any comments save for what DLLs are needed. Not even function comments

If you manage to stay anonymous, nobody, but they might send takedown requests.

They've basically banned selling MOON 4, but distributing it? Fair game, so long as you don't DOX yourself.

Same thing that happened to the guy who made Unalterbach

Wiki isnt looked as a source of info of good quality for reasons like this one, where any faggot can edit it.

Here:
lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=serious-games

Nothing, I suppose?

docs.cryengine.com/display/CEPROG/Getting Started with git

Would any of you faggots happen to have access to this? The Crymore suite won't be complete without it.

nothing?

You mean Fuchur? Who released the game just fine and now has a proper job and shit?

Because of that we can't have nice things:

I guess we're still stuck with Doom 3 GPL and Godot when it comes to libre engines…

Name five games released under those that have actual active development and proper bug tracking.

But it's not open source.

CryMoreEngine it is

b-but don't offend me

Life is suffering.

Why isn't there one with this version of the song?

it was too good to be true

?

maybe if it was under an actual open source license instead of extremely vague proprietary license that will get you sued for breathing you'd see something done with it

Ditto those dubs.
What did he meme by this?

Probably why a lot were just shot and sardine packaged, or gass and sardine packaged, or worked to death and sardine packaged.

You gotta think a little more creatively.

Good idea. We can give it to hentai developer companies in exchange for some publishing rights or some shit.

That's not the problem here. This is not open source software. I think you don't know the difference between open source and free software. Look up the definitions.

this is why no one respects Holla Forums, they are all a bunch of kike-worshipping licensecucks. real men don't give a FUCK about licenses. if it's open source, you can do whatever the fuck you want with the code.

Sounds like a good idea. I have no 3d modeling, texturing, or sound production skills, but I am a programmer.

Yeah but all those categories that fall under "serious" were already listed

This is probably the worst licensing term I've ever seen in a game engine.

idtech4 gave us The Dark Mod.

Since lawyer culture exists.

Because open source doesn't always refer to Open Source as defined by the OSI. Same problem with free software.

The only major difference between the two is the ideology behind them.

Somewhere, Stallman weeps.

Legal definition.

YELLOW CAAAAAAAAAAAR

how exactly is gpl massively restrictive? Having read through gpl2 it's basically what stallman says, copyleft. keeps the authority to the creator but anyone can do pretty much whatever they want as long as the license remains the same. Personally i feel like gpl2 in specific fits well large scale projects that get open sourced

I have no gamedev related skills, but I'm an extremely prolific shitposter.