FEAR Thread

Which FEAR game is the best, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

fear.wikia.com/wiki/F.E.A.R.:_Perseus_Mandate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

extraction point > main game>>>>>>>>>>>>>> perseus mandate >>>>> 3 >2

1>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

FEAR 3 was one of the worst FPS games I've ever played. What an embarrassment.

I liked Perseus Mandate the best. FEAR 1 and Extraction are pretty good, but I would think FEAR 2 beat Extraction Point. FEAR 3 is dogshit.

tl;dr PM>FEAR1>FEAR2>EP>FEAR3

what a madman, jesus christ

FEAR 1 gives me motion sickness.

The one that has no hitscan.
Oh wait…

FEAR 1 > first expansion > second expansion > FEAR2

Haven't played the third one.

Well I installed it, but it was so bad I had to stop on the second stage.

The expansions have some individual shootouts that are better than the base game but generally ruin the horror (that one section in Perseus Mandate was fucking shit-scary though) and are slightly inferior taken as a whole.

2 has mildly better AI but you never see it due to terrible level design. Some parts of the school are good but that's not enough to carry the game. Ending rape was cool.

3 is actually a solid coop game if you pretend it isn't a F.E.A.R. game.

Oh and don't play 3 alone but that's a given.

Even the worst shooter improves massively if played with a friend or two.

The first.

Fucking how. Some levels were just so low quality they look like babbys first mod

I've only played the first one and its expansions/DLC/whatever, but among those, I thought Perseus Mandate was the best. Then the main game, then Extraction Point.

On a side note, while the backstory and your own character's motives are clear enough, I have no idea what anybody else was trying to accomplish during the games themselves. Psychic commander guy didn't really seem to be trying to release Alma, or have any clear goal, and why was he so mad at you for killing him when he seemed to be begging for it in the first place? And Alma seemed to alternate between being your enemy and your ally and occasionally the psychic clone troops enemy.

Also, seriously, it makes no sense that there wasn't a MUCH LARGER SCALE MILITARY RESPONSE to psychic guy and his replica troops taking over an entire fairly large city. No way an incident that huge wasn't public.

I can't speak for why Fettel has confusing motives but the lack of military response is partly a coverup and partly because this shit only takes place over 5-6 hours and only gets out of control in the last 3 or so.

Bearing in mind Monolith are (or were) weeb as shit you need to view F.E.A.R. as a cyberpunk anime with a focus on psychic powers. The huge ass corporation (Armacham) has enough pull in such a setting to encourage a coverup etc.

So whatever did happen at the end of Extraction point?

Also I actually liked Fthreear.

No way it's all 5 or 6 hours. The first one alone starts in daylight, progresses to night, and ends in daylight again. It took place over, at the very least, late afternoon/early evening to the next morning. That's a solid twelve hours if not more, and that isn't even counting the second two parts. I totally get starting with the FEAR team, but a much larger scale response should have started the moment of that huge explosion and an entire city going dead. You can't cover up an entire city going silent to the rest of the world and that explosion would have been visible from the next town over.

Yeah, this too. It ends with the rescue helicopter getting blown up and things look really bad, and then Perseus Mandate starts with you back with another team somewhere else with zero explanation.

And the delta teams yes.

To be fair the first game ends right after that explosion. The two expansions were a different developer.

PM doesn't start after the end of XP, it progresses parallel with the base game

I thought Perseus Mandate was supposed to happen roughly around the same time as the main campaign? Checking the wiki it says it starts halfway through F.E.A.R.1 and then extends into the aftermath of the first big explosion.

fear.wikia.com/wiki/F.E.A.R.:_Perseus_Mandate

So I'm playing Fear 2/Project Origin and I'm searching every room trying to trigger shit but nothing is going on. I can't avoid things and I can't trigger things.(except for finding the "secret" data pads. Ugh Wolfeinstein 1 had better secrets than this shit).

Is all of the Fear series just crappy rail-road shoot em ups with tiny room to room level design to make up for the optimization issues? Or it's just Fear 2?

I'm playing Fear in the hopes I get a better experience from Monolith than their disappointing AvP 2. And here I thought Monolith would have did a better job than Rebellion at handling AvP 2010. Guess both companies at making creative games compared to say Valve.

At the Arena where you fight the replica soldiers and then Alma comes in to kill them, where do you go for the exit? All the chain-grid exits are locked.

Don't get the hate for FEAR 2 tbh.

Game is worse that the first one, yes. But better than any of the expansions and the dreaded F3AR imo.

I liked the characters and environments a lot. Sections of the game in the destroyed city with spooky scary zombie minibosses were gud. Also rape. Rape makes everything better - trust me on that.

F.E.A.R 3 is a better gamr than 3.

F.E.A.R 2 is a barebones plastic looking F.E.A.R 1 look alike that tries to bring the first games mechanics and pacing to consoles and fails miserably.

At least you could play as Fettel in 3.
F.E.A.R 2 is fucking garbage.

I think you drop down into one of the holes where the replicas come up.

Yep that was it. Fear 2 so far seems short and mediocre. Wasn't this the game that got praised for its physics? Feels like playing Crysis 1, but not as good, Crysis at least had open areas.

F.E.A.R. 2 was held back by trying for the console market I'm afraid. It opens up a bit later but not massively.

the only gun in the games that is hitscan is the railgun though

where are the lewds?

Watch a walktrought of the second games last level