Guns that need to be in more games

What's it's name Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL08A1C7C4AD0D2B91
moddb.com/mods/gunslinger-mod
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i want /k/ to leave

is that a FAMAS?

If I ever made a game I'd add all sorts of cool and obscure guns only to make them fucking worthless and have the generic AK-47s and M-4s be the best guns in the game.

>>>literally MG42 with wood and scope
>>>literally PPSH from finland

sage for double post

I raise your one mutant with 5.

jesus fuck look at the bolt on the all wood one

And let me guess, this is "literally an AK47 from Czechoslovakia".

Enjoy your +1 reply, shitposter.

I would do literally anything for a trench gun. It needs to be in everything.

I'm not proud of this but I even bought killing floor 2 on sale solely because the firebug gets one

I just want more small firearms of various styles. And a volkssturmgewehr because I like the looks of it despite it being pretty shitty last-ditch weapon.

perkele

I want to see more interesting area denial weapons, nothing boring like molotovs, but maybe some functionally different ones, maybe a mine which acts as a stasis field which cripples an essential movement ability, or something that slows the speed of projectiles and all weapons are projectile based, so if you shot a rocket through it, it travels like 20 times slower. Would be very interesting.

Posting stechkins in stechkin thread.

Some italian weapons and some of those cool suppressed weapons USSR made with the telescopic ammo.

i've always found the steyr tmp to look ugly as fuck, especially that permanent grip in the front

If you take away the front grip and large magazine, the TMP just looks like an obese retard pistol.

Which it is.

Some other shit and prototypes

One of the best things to come out of suomi.

62 has superior front sights and a better charging handle. From anecdotal evidence I'd also say it's more prone to jamming than it's older counterpart. The three pronged muzzle is great for stabbing as well.

That folding stock on the 95 is to die for though especially when in a vehicle and a proper tactical strap is always better than the ghetto makeshift solutions that you can do with the 62 strap.

The folding stock is shit. It wobbles like fuck, and isn't even useful since your rifle's barrel should be pointed at the roof anyway

The blast noise maker boom 2000000

Woah, those look less like AKs than the vz. 58, even the ones that seem to have the AK gas system in the last image.

Here's something that's the opposite: a rifle that resembles a Dragunov but is an AK derivative and should be in a lot more video games than just Max Payne 2.

The FAMAS needs to be in everything

Weird how nobody has mentioned these earlier

I never realised there were contrarian hipsters for guns too.

There is even a game with an obrez?

Of course there is.

Wat game?

That's not a glock, user. THIS is a glock.

Silent Storm has it.
FG-42 if memory serves. That the name in the game.

Oh shit, I didn't know about that but how the hell do you operate the bolt while you hold the shield?
That thing must be pretty nice to the wrists.

custom sawn off double barrel shotty always

No one posted best gun.

Do these count?

You're a fucking Vatnik

Kp 31 came long before the PPD and PPSH.

My niggas.

Nowhere near enough classic MAS' in games.

I want /k/ommandos to leapost shotguns

More games need short shorts camo options.

I gotchu, fam. Feast your eyes upon a GEHA. After WWI Germany needed a money in a bad way, and since France had to be a cunt they had massive surplus of Gewehr 98s. So someone had the idea of converting them to shotguns and selling them as sporting guns. Surprisingly, they worked pretty damn well. Though, since that was damn near 100 years ago the 12 gauge variants of them have had an issue with breaking their extractors from repeated used. The 16 gauge versions are considered more reliable but I've never seen one in my life so I have yet to verify that.

This are my suggestions.

Do you want a toast with your jam?

My urban youth from a different progenitor.

Is that a FAMAS?: the post

I need to get a beaver barf buttstock for my VZ.

Please user
There are laws against my penis getting this erect
How much do they go for?

Lever action rifles and single action revovlers need sum luv

this actually exists IRL, fucked it I can remember where I saw it. It was like, a blunderbuss with all these flintlocks on it. Some whackjob pirate or privateer I reckon thought that up.

how the hell do you keep the bullets from falling out the chamber?

Rimmed cartridges.

The correct answer is "anything in 9x39".

I have too many boners.

I'm no fan of Turkey, and I know shit about real-life practicality. But the UTS-15 has a cool design.

R.I.P., Imagine

The Mateba Sei Unica

When I think of guns that should be in more games; boxy, compact designed guns come into mind.

That and along with chain pistols.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on how guns work?
I'm sorry if that's a board question, maybe break it down to things like Sniper rifles, Magnums and Submachine guns?

Oh yes, that's perfect.

/k/ might be able to help
also, watch disassembly videos of guns on you tube

Go watch forgotten weapons on youtube, his channel has a lot of variety in different types of mechanisms and he explains it all

I happen to be from /k/. Feel free to ask me m8.

guns are not banned you fucking faggot

I have a mean boner for flat barrel revolvers

You can get hunting rifles and shit if you have a permit. Unfortunately I live in more Urban britbong where you can't have that here because the government thinks we're all genocidal retards.

I'll have to check them out, thanks for that

Just a few questions to get a general idea
1) What is it in a Sniper Rifle that makes it more accurate than a AK? Is it just the faster firing rate or is there something more mechanicals
2) How does the reload thing work on something like a Tommy gun?
3) How do silencers work?
4) What does half the initialisms mean (AK, MAS, AR etc)

such an extreme boner

ive always wanted one

You might find these .gifs kind of helpful
It's how most semi automatic handguns work.
Also, think of silencers as mufflers, and remember that clips =/= magazines

Door Kickers.

The accuracy of sniper rifles, and all rifles for that matter, is heavily dependent on the barrel. What type of rifling does the barrel use, what is the barrel profile, how long is the barrel, etc. Other minor things can effect accuracy too, like how square the bolt face is to the chamber.
What? If you mean the bolt on a thompson, then it's just a simple open bolt (bolt is held rearward until the trigger is pulled) blowback (opening is only delayed by the inertia of the bolt's mass) system.
Silencers, or more accurately suppressors, work exactly like car muffers (they were bothinvented by the same man at the same time in fact). The use a series of baffles inside the body of the suppreszor to slow down the exhaust gasses that would usually follow the bullet out of the muzzle. The result is a slightly quieter report and no muzzle flash.
The acronyms for guns do not follow an international nomemclature. That said, Russian nomenclature usually goes "type of gun" "designer" "year of adoption into service" or something similar. For example, AK stands for Avtomat (automatic rifle) Kalashnikova (of Kalashnikov). American nomenclature tends to be more arbitrary and doesn't tell you much about the gun. M4 and M14 are perfect examples if two guns that have nothing in common being given similar names. That said, usually it's M for model and a number. In the case of the AR however, it stands for Armalite (manufacturer) Rifle usually followed by the specific model number such as 15, 18, 180, etc. As for MAS, I don't speak frog.

Oh cool, someone found it.

With regards to point one: sniper rifles will generally have longer barrels than assault rifles. They'll also usually be machined to tighter tolerances. Bigger bullets help as well; Carlos Hathcock in Vietnam used a Browning .50 machine gun for sniping purely because the massive bullet makes the arc of the bullet a lot more predictable. The mechanism of the gun also helps; semi-automatic or fully automatic weapons use some of the gas pressure to load a new round into the chamber. Bolt-action rifles don't need to do that, because all the work is done by the user, so the gas pressure can all be put to use in making the bullet go faster. The faster something moves, the more inertia it has, the harder it is to knock off course, making it more accurate.

All this said, guns in general are fairly accurate for what they need to be, assuming you're not talking smoothbores. Even then, shotguns are decently accurate up to a good 50 - 100m with solid slugs, not that you're allowed those on a shotgun license, fellow resident of Airstrip One. If you want those you need an actual firearm license, and why would you need a firearm with the police around?

I don't know much about the rest of those questions, but the last one is like asking what the names of cars mean. There might be some standardisation within manufacturers, but outside of that they're fair game. Military designations also come into play - take the American M9 designation for a Beretta 92, or the British L85 designation for the SA80. They mean the same thing, basically.

This. Most service rifles group about 3 inches at 100 yards. The idea is not to get ebin headshots like cawadooty, but to be accurate enough to hit a man sized target at the average engagement distance, which is usually like 2-300 yards.

there is a game that is free in steam that lets you see how weapons work, but you need to grind to get all the weapons and some are behind a paywall.

On-topic - I like things with wood, I like things that spin, I like modular designs, and I especially like pistol carbines (iron sights optional but preferred). I was hard as rock through pretty much all of Metro: Last Light.

Is that the 1st assault rifle?

Muh Dik
FALs, and short stroke guns in general, are hot too.

You mean the Fedorov Avtomat? Because no, it isn't.

that's a weight for competition shooting.

poke. poke. poke. poke.

Fuck you I like fishguns

That's cute. What's the second pic though?

this thread is pretty lewd

spoiler that shit user

Saritch, it's some russian guy's engineering project that he' pitched to the russian goverment and a few companies or something.

So did Korobov resurrect to provide the motherland with a new rifle?

I don't know what ended up happening with it, the site I originally learned about it from I can't find the page of now.

It looks really cool. So what's the purpose of that arc on top?

The lamest, under-powered gun in Fallout 2.

The project is probably dead. We can't have nice things.
I also want to see more Toks in games. That Tok cartridge is breddy cool.

Carry handle like the M16 and G36.

the fins helps it maneuver better underwater

"Sniper rifle" is just a label for rifles that more or less implies said weapon fulfills a vague role or function. To expand on your example, my first pic related is based on the Yugoslavian AKM (actually, an RPK, to be more precise) and it was labeled "sniper rifle" and it's just an AKM with a thicker and longer barrel and some reinforcement around the barrel trunnion area (the thing that holds the barrel to the receiver/body of the rifle).
As a general guideline, what said is pretty much spot on. Construction can also affect accuracy and a sniper rifle is expected to be capable of accurately engaging targets at a longer effective range or with more precision than standard issued rifles. There are other "sniper rifles" with task specific designs, like the VSS.

You mean the drum mag?
I don't know how that specific drum mag works, but if it is anything like the AK drum it should go something like this (vague explanation ahead):
Look up some videos, youtube is bound to have some explanation videos.

What . In essence, it is an expansion chamber for the hot gasses that come out along with the bullet.

Tokerovs are ugly. I hate that huge bulge at the back of the slide. Makes it look like one of those weird Chinese knockoff handguns.

Form < Function

Those Iraqis really took the DMRPK concept and ran with it. It's a shame that M43 drops like the white population of Sweden at about 350 meters.

Forgive me, but I cannot give you a specific price. They are pretty damn cheap, though. At least the 12 gauge versions.

I want to see SR-3 in a game that will take advantage of it's size. Imagine a women with a purse walks into a building and takes this baby out.

A man of taste

7.62 Hard Life has it

follow your dreams, iraqi kun

and holy shit that's a racepistol version of the GSH-18, that's fuckin neato as fuck

>grab a .30 cal machine gun off of a downed aircraft
Thus was born the 'Stinger'.

Due to the light construction of the aircraft gun on which it was based, it overheated like hell, kicked like a mule, and chewed through a 250 round ammo belt in seconds. But at least it wasn't the B.A.R.

What was the last game you could use one of these babies?

MediEvil: Resurrection for the PSP.

Yeah, kind of falling a bit short for a proper race pistol. It was mostly meant to be a civilian "high-line" range shooting version of the GSH-18. NEVER EVER, of course, the project got dumped because Russians hate making money.

MAS (and other french acronymes) means Manufacture d'Armes de (place name), translates to (place name)'s Firearms Manufacture.

what the fuck are you smoking, faggot?

日本製のライフルは最高のライフルだぜ!

The bar is indeed pretty bad, even back when it was first fielded. Stupidly heavy and unwieldy, relatively low capacity for the size and not particularly reliable. Pretty much every other machine gun on WW1 was better, the situation was even worse by WW2. The main problem here it was the design decision behind it; It was meant to fill a role that wasn't really well thought out; The whole "walking fire" concept was retarded as fuck.
Video sort of related, it's a replica and it isn't a formal test, but it does show some of the downsides of the weapon.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL08A1C7C4AD0D2B91
moddb.com/mods/gunslinger-mod

Apart from the weight, the BAR is a great rifle. It's accurate, controllable and greatly reliable. I dont think it'd have been so popular with US troops had it been this unreliable.
20 rounds is short for an LMG, but consider this: it was in a time were riflemen had 5 rounds on average and there were no true LMGs around apart from the BREN, the DP28, Chatelleraut, and type 99 which was about as heavy as the BAR (two of these the americans never fought against and the Chatelleraut was rare as shit). All the germans had were GMPGs and in very rare cases FG42s.
The BAR is amazing and there's a reason the Americans fielded it even into Vietnam.

triggered. fuck off with that shit, and don't you go "it's a meme lol", ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Believe what you want, I actually read about the matter, I won't bother arguing with someone who didn't. America kept on fielding it because they didn't wanted to waste money on small arms. Small arms don't win wars.

Beautiful antique vid

False. Troops will always be needed.

Needed=!Winning wars

nigga its 12,7x55 not 9x39
but it certainly does need more attention in vidya

And where did that other user said that the VKS was a 9x39 gun?

oh actually i'm a faggot and forgot to check the IDs
thought it was the same user who was praisin the 9x39 shit

If you need something doesn't it mean you can't succeed without it?

Sure, but how critical is that? How much attention, effort and money do you need to poor into it to ensure success? Not everything is equally important, even if you still need it.

Why don't developers ever put in guns that people actually use? Pic related has never even graced a single vidyer. When's the last time you saw a Ruger in a video game?

I can understand Eurocucks being unfamiliar with civilian firearms but even Americans (praise be upon us) do this shit. Shaking my head at the moment to be honest, family.

Fuck i know it's kinda autistic but kinetic weapons
like, gunlances and rocket axes
I know these are weeb as fuck but they'd be cool if done well